Hyunfany: The Family Proposal

The Magicians of Love

Year after year had passed quickly as they didn’t realize how fast it was since they were all busy chasing their own dream. Super Boys and Soshi Girls didn’t only conquer the Asian but they also had been recognized many times by the world. Their fame and influence were becoming bigger and bigger year by year. Minho was chosen to get into national basketball team, representing Korea while Yuri had become professional pianist. Yoona was pursuing her study to be fashion designer. All of them had gotten married to their own couple.

Now, all of them gathered at the airport, waiting for the arrival of flight from America. It had been seven years since Tiffany returned to Korea. She couldn’t make time to visit them even during their wedding as she was extremely busy with the work as CEO of a company. Finally, she managed to return to Korea and planned to stay here after her brother, Leo was old enough to take over the company.

“It’s a pity that we can’t get married together with Hyunjoong and Tiffany, right?” Sunny said. Actually, all the couples except Tiffany and Hyunjoong of course, got married on the same day. They initially wanted to wait for them but since Tiffany said she got extremely busy with a lot of projects, she asked them to do first.

“It’s fine. From now on, we will be busy to help them preparing for their wedding!” Yoona said in excitement. She couldn’t wait for that important as she had always wanted to be a bridesmaid for her friend.

Wooyoung who just checked out the board that showed the status of the flight, came to them to inform, “Girls, their flight has landed. I think we may wait in front of the arrival hall now.”

“Oh, really? Let’s go!”

All of them proceed to wait at the arrival hall. As people started coming out from the arrival hall, they finally spotted a familiar figure.

“Hyunjoong-ah, here!” Donghae waved his hand up in the air to let him see it amidst many people.

Hyunjoong smiled showing he realized it immediately approaching Donghae then he just got aware that all of them were here to welcome him and Tiffany. “Oh, you guys are here too?” He asked referring to Soshi Girls and Super Boys.

Wooyoung replied proudly. “Of course! We even sacrifice our schedule for you guys!”

Yuri was the first to realize the presence of a child standing beside Hyunjoong while holding onto his hand tightly. He seemed around 4 years old, looking so cute. “Omo! Who is this?” She asked in awe.

“So cute!” Taeyeon squatted down, having direct eye-contact with that cute child. “Is he Tiffany’s another dongsaeng? She only has one dongsaeng, doesn’t she?”

They only could come out with that guess about his identity.

“Her dongsaeng is the one who take over the company, remember…? Omo! Maybe she got another dongsaeng! What an awesome parents!” Sunny added in amazement while chuckling.

Hyunjoong was about to answer their wild guess but he suddenly got a call. “Hello, honey?” He picked up the call.

“What the… they didn’t marry yet but already acting like married couple.” Yoona sounded envious. Hyunjoong just smiled as he also heard what Yoona just said.

“Oh, ho! Is that what you want to hear, my honey?” Donghae asked flirtingly while wrapping his arm around Yoona.

“What are you doing? So embarrassing!” Yoona blushed especially when his acting like that in front of many people.

“What the… what’s wrong with you guys now?” All of them gave annoyed face.

Sungmin added, “Yah, Lee Donghae! You don’t have to flirt with her anymore! Everyone knows Yoona is your wife already!”

“Ah, seriously… I thought you would change after getting married. You become cheesier instead!” Wooyoung replied.

“What I am supposed to do then? She’s just making me fall in love with her deeper every day~” Donghae responded while grinning widely.

“Yah, it’s enough!” Yoona hit his chest out of embarrassment though her lips didn’t stop curling up. All of them just could sigh deeply with Donghae’s cheesy action.

Hyunjoong ended the call with Tiffany and gave his attention back to them. “Tiffany asked for my help to bring our luggage. Can you look after him for a while?”

“Alright, don’t worry.”

Hyunjoong left that child with them and headed to where Tiffany was waiting for him with their luggage.

Minho approached that kid and lifted him up and held him in his arms. “You’re really cute~ what is your name?” He asked the kid friendlily.

That kid seemed to get along well quickly with them even it was their first meeting. “Kim Joonghyun.” He answered.

“Oh, really?” Minho smiled warmly to him. “Yuri-ah, suddenly I feel like having a kid. We should start thinking about that.” He muttered cutely like a little kid.

Yuri was taken aback with Minho’s request out of nowhere and she felt quite embarrassed especially in front of others. “Yah~” She hit his arm out of embarrassment.

“Omo, it seems like we’re going to get a nephew or niece soon!” Sunny teased.

“What are you talking about~?” Yuri said cutely in embarrassment.

“Yuri-ah, how about tonight?” Minho asked teasingly.

Yuri’s eyes went bigger as Minho became more and more shameless while the others were cheering for Minho.

“Omo, what did I just hear?” Jessica said playfully while laughing at Minho’s naughtiness. “I didn’t think the wrong thing, didn’t I?”

“Yah! Can you stop already?!” Yuri scolded Minho while pulling both of his ears strongly as punishment. “Aigoo! Stop being so embarrassing!”

“It hurts! It hurts!” He exclaimed but still could laugh happily. Even Joonghyun who was in Minho’s arm started laughing as he was amused by the cute action between Minho and Yuri. “Haha, even he’s laughing!” Minho added after taking a sigh of relief when Yuri finally let go of his ears.

“That’s right, this hyung is really immature, isn’t it?” Yuri stuck out her tongue at Minho.

“Wow, from this situation, you guys already look like good parents!” Wooyoung said after seeing the situation between Yuri, Minho and Joonghyun.

After having a deep moment of thought, Taeyeon finally broke her silence. “His name is Kim Joonghyun, right?”

“Yes, why?” Everyone was playing attention to Taeyeon.

Before Taeyeon could even explain for her confusion, Onew interrupted after he realized it. “That’s right, it’s Kim. It’s supposed to be Hwang if he is really Tiffany’s brother.”

“Ah, why didn’t I realize it earlier?” Jessica exclaimed.

Now, everyone shifted their attention to Joonghyun, wondering about his real identity. Minho asked, “Who is the one that come with you before?”

Joonghyun replied calmly, “Dad.”

Their eyes went bigger to find out this shocking fact. They looked at each other in disbelief. “Then… then, your mother?” Yoona immediately asked to confirm what was on her minds.

“Mom.”

“Yes, yes. But, what is her name?” Yuri asked anxiously.

Before Joonghyun could answer, Tiffany who appeared at the right moment with Hyunjoong, interrupted. “Yuri-ah~ that’s my son!” She said proudly.

All of them shifted their attention to Tiffany and their eyes went even bigger with the Tiffany’s appearance. She didn’t look completely different except she now had big tummy. Hyunjoong and Tiffany were just smiling calmly seeing their expected shocked reaction.

Hyunjoong explained, “Joonghyun is our son and now, there is one on the way.” He added, referring the reason behind Tiffany’s big tummy.

Yoona asked, “Then… then… you are married couple already?”

“Of course~” Tiffany and Hyunjoong showed their wedding ring.

Everyone just looked at each other in disbelief. They still found it was too sudden and shocking for them to accept it. Meanwhile, Hyunjoong and Tiffany just chuckled in please as they had been already waiting for long for this day. They couldn’t deny that it was fun to shock them like this.

“Yah! How can you guys didn’t tell us anything?! When did you guys get married?! When your first son was born?!” Taeyeon started nagging them like ahjumma in dissatisfaction.

Joonghyun held Taeyeon’s hand and asked cutely. “Auntie, are you angry~?”

Taeyeon grinned like a little kid to Joonghyun. “No, I am not angry to you… but to your parents!” She abruptly changed her expression to serious one when facing Tiffany and Hyunjoong.

“Aigoo, Taeyeon-ah…” Tiffany approached Taeyeon and wrapped her arm around her. “We just wanted to shock you guys.”

Yuri added to protest. “But, aren’t this too much?! You guys hid this fact from us for many years!”

“Yuri-ah, I tried my best too, trying not to spoil it to you guys.” Tiffany made puppy face, hoping they would forgive her and Hyunjoong about this silly prank.

Later, everyone else finally laughed over this absurd situation. Now, they had to change their plan. Instead of preparing for Tiffany and Hyunjoong’s wedding, now they need to prepare to celebrate the birth of Tiffany’s second child.

“How long have you been pregnant?” Jessica asked while still staring at Tiffany’s big tummy in amazement. She still found strange to see Tiffany in that kind of appearance especially she never imagined about it.

“Almost 6 months.”

“Have you found out the gender?” She asked again.

“Doctor said it will be a girl.”

“Have you bought the things for her?” Jessica excitedly asked.

“Not yet… I…”

Before Tiffany could finish her words, Jessica cut her off. “Omo! What should we do?! What should we buy first?! Where is the best place to look for these kind of stuffs?!”

“Yah! Why are you the one overacting like you are going to give birth soon?!” Sunny calmed Jessica who seemed getting nervous and anxious for no reason. All of them laughed at Jessica who was more than ready to be the best aunt for Tiffany’s children.

-------------

[7 years ago]

Tiffany was alone in her office, focusing on her work. The clock hanging on the wall showed 3PM. Then, she finished checking out a document and signed it. She put it aside and took a look at many files that were arranged high on the table that were waiting for her to check and sign.

She just hove a deep sigh. It had been 9 months since she took over the company but she just couldn’t get used to this kind of lifestyle. She guessed this type of job wasn’t her type. She couldn’t wait until her brother finished studying and quickly took over her place.

She heard a knock on the door of her office before someone entering. Thinking it was Nicole, she asked, “Nicole, can you send this document to Finance department?”

“Yes, madam!” Unexpectedly, she heard a male voice instead but it was very familiar.

She lifted her head up and automatically her eye-smile could be seen on her face after recognizing him. His appearance was such a perfect timing since she had been tired with a load of work. “What are you doing here?”

“I’ve finished all my works, so I decided to leave earlier today so that I can lend my hand to my girlfriend. I’m such a sweet boyfriend, right?” Hyunjoong put both of his palms to his cheeks, posing like a blossoming flower.

She burst into laughter at his unexpected cuteness. “Since when you like to show your cuteness?” Hyunjoong smiled in satisfaction with her reaction. His presence was like an energy pill for her.

He took the file that Tiffany just asked to be sent to Finance department. “I have to send this to Finance department, right?”

“No, no. It’s Nicole’s job. I’ll call her.” She was about to pick up the phone.

“Never mind. I can do it. Besides, I don’t have anything to do.” Tiffany didn’t show any expression like she was going to agree with his request. He added cutely while making puppy eyes. “I just want to help you a bit, please?”

She eventually beamed. “Alright~”

“I’ll be back!” He said excitedly before leaving. Tiffany continued focusing on her work.

After 30 minutes, Hyunjoong still didn’t come back. Tiffany wondered why he took so long. He didn’t get lost, didn’t he? It would just take a few minutes to get to Finance department.

She was about to call the Finance department to check whether they had received the document from Hyunjoong but cancelled it when she heard the door was opened and Hyunjoong could be seen behind the door.

“What was taking you so long?”

“Why? Have you missed me?” He asked cutely. She just chuckled. “I was late because of this.” He put a cup of coffee on her table.

“Oh~ thanks…” She was pleased with his simple yet sweet gesture especially it came unexpectedly. He took a seat in front of her. She her laptop and took out a document.

He could guess what her work was. “Can I help you? You will read and I am going to type it.”

“It’s fine. You also had worked since morning. You can wait for me while resting there.” She pointed to the sofa, asking him to move there.

“No, I’m going to help you. I didn’t have a lot of works today. Besides, just seeing you already makes me happy. Let’s finish this faster so we can rest together faster, ok?” She eventually nodded with a smile on her face.

She started reading all the words that had to be included while he was typing every word that she said. She continued reading but stopped for a while after she didn’t hear the typing sound. “Have you done?” He didn’t reply which caused her to lift her head up.

Hyunjoong was staring at her while smiling sheepishly like an idiot who was crazily in love with her. He grinned when their eyes met.

She blushed after realizing what he was doing. “What are you doing~?” She pushed his cheek gently to the right.

“Since when you become this pretty? You’re becoming prettier every day. I can’t take my eyes off you.” He casually said cheesy words which shocked Tiffany since he never did that before.

“Yah, what’s wrong with you?” She asked while bursting into chuckle. “Am I really with my boyfriend now? Where did he go?”

“Of course~ he’s here! He won’t go anywhere~ Your boyfriend will be always by your side~” He said cutely like a little kid. He attacked her with another cheesy word.

“Oh~ you give me goosebumps!” She pretended to rub her arms while cringing her nose.

He suddenly got up and leaned towards her before giving a peck on her cheek sweetly. “Let’s continue now.” He paid his attention back to the laptop while waiting for Tiffany to read the next sentence.

Tiffany’s eyes went bigger with his out-of-nowhere peck. She touched her cheek at where his lips landed. Seeing Hyunjoong was ready to focus on the work, she tried her best to focus back though the kiss did distract her attention much.

Hyunjoong was aware of that and he smirked as he also found how cute she was. He looked at her. “Are you that happy? Do you want another one?”

“Of course not!” She denied though her expression didn’t help her much. “Hurry up, let’s continue our work!” She tried to be serious while covering her embarrassed face. He just laughed happily at her fail attempt.

---------

After getting off from work, Tiffany was wandering around the lobby as she was waiting for Hyunjoong who had gone to the parking basement. The workers, who also were getting off from work, greeted Tiffany friendlily. She had been known among the workers as being easy-to-approach with her cheerful personality.

Just then, her dad was coincidentally passed in front of the lobby with his car and he spotted Tiffany who was waiting there. He stopped his car and called out for her. “Stephanie!”

“Yes, dad.” Tiffany immediately approached the car.

“Aren’t going home yet? Let’s go home together then.”

“It’s fine, dad. You can go first.”

“Why? Do you come with your own car?”

“It’s not that but…” Tiffany looked hesitant before explaining. “Someone is waiting for me…” She looked anxious of how her father would react to this.

“Hyunjoong?” Tiffany hesitantly nodded with uneasy feeling. Her father smiled widely. “Why are you acting like that? You’re just going on a date yet you’re acting like someone who commits a crime. Just be relaxed, it’s not like I won’t allow it.” He chuckled in please.

“Yes, dad~” Tiffany said cutely, finally taking a sigh of relief.

“Well, have fun! Remember, don’t get home too late.”

“Yes, see you later, dad, bye!” Tiffany waved her hand in the air until the car disappeared from the sight.

Just a couple seconds later, a motorbike was stopped in front of her. He took off his helmet. “Have you waited for long?”

“No… just a while…” She looked confused or rather astonished that he came with his motorbike instead of car. “Are we going to ride in this?”

“Yes, why?” He raised his eyebrows, wondering why she reacted like that. “I thought you like it. I remember how you said it was really fun last time we were on motorbike.”

“Oh, it wasn’t like that. Actually…” She pointed upward, asking him to take a look at the sky. It was very dark and she predicted that there would be a heavy rainfall soon. Therefore, it wasn’t a good idea to ride a motorbike in this weather. They could already feel the wind was blowing more boisterously compared to before.

“Don’t worry, I’ll make sure we will reach my house before we got drenched in the rain.” He said confidently.

“If not, then?”

“I’ll carry you in my hands for 15 minutes?”

“Deal!” She agreed immediately. All of a sudden, they turned this situation as a game. Knowing now she would have won if they got drenched in the rain, Tiffany purposely took a time.

“What are you doing?” Hyunjoong eventually asked as she just stood there leisurely like they were waiting for someone.

“Where is my helmet?” She pretended to not realize the helmet located on the seat behind Hyunjoong. He had to take a look behind him to ensure that he did put it there before. He sighed as he finally understood that she purposely acting clueless.

“Aigoo, you little devil~” He eventually had to take the helmet and helped to put it on her. “Ok, can we go now?”

“Why are we rushing? Let’s take our time.” She said playfully while raising one of her eyebrows.

“Aish, seriously… do you want me to kiss you right now? Hm~?” He asked flirtingly.

“Alright, alright!” She immediately gave up and hopped in behind him. There were many people around them, she didn’t want to get embarrassed especially the workers might gossip about them and it might reach to her family too. He smiled in satisfaction, he always succeeded to win against her with his little trick.

After 30 minutes, they finally arrived in front of Hyunjoong’s house and unfortunately for Hyunjoong, they failed to escape from being drenched as the rain already fell just a few minutes ago.

“Hyunjoong-ah, hurry up!!” She said desperately after they were getting wetter when Hyunjoong was busy looking for the gate automatic remote as he forgot it where he put it. He eventually found it and they immediately got into the garage.

“See, I told you you’re going to lose!” Tiffany said not sounding too proud like a winner since she also received the bad consequence of this situation which was getting drenched in the rain.

“Alright, I’ll do the punishment now then.” He suddenly lifted her up which shocked her. She immediately wrapped her hands around his neck out of fear from falling down. “Let’s goooo~~” He said playfully like a dad was playing airplane with his kid, entering the house. She just laughed in amusement.

In the house, he was about to put Tiffany down but got stopped by her. “Hang on! What are you doing? We promise for 15 minutes, remember? It barely passed 2 minutes.”

“Let’s continue later, alright? We will get sick if we stay in this wet cloth.”

“Alright.” She nodded as she thought his excuse was making sense.

He put her down and headed into his room before coming out later with a towel and a piece of his shirt and a short pant. He gave them to her. “There is bathroom in that room.” He pointed to the room which was located in front of his room. “Clear yourself and go change into this cloth for a meantime.”

“Thanks.” They proceeded to the bathrooms to clean themselves so that they won’t catch cold.

Hyunjoong was the first to finish. He headed into the kitchen and came out a few minutes later with 2 cups of coffee. He went to the living room and switched on the television. He took a sip of one of the coffee and stopped before putting it back on the table when he heard the sound of the room being opened.

He chuckled when he saw Tiffany approaching him. “Why~?” She asked cutely in annoyance. She looked rather cute in that big and loose shirt that he lent to her. She went to sit beside him. He continued chuckling while staring at her. She frowned as he didn’t stop doing that.

“No, just… you look cute.”

“What~” She nudged him as she blushed whenever he out of nowhere making her embarrassed with his compliment. “Ah! Your punishment! You must have purposely tried to make me forget it, right?”

He made puppy face. “Can’t you just let it go? I just feel tired today.” He massaged his own shoulder, pretending to look weak and tired.

“Who asked you to agree with our deal? Don’t break your promise, be a man!” She insisted.

“I don’t know that you lately had gained so much weight. I feel like dying when I carried you earlier.” He said playfully to .

“Yah, I’m not!” She hit his arm strongly that he didn’t fight her back but just laughed it off as she was extremely cute to him every time she got embarrassed or angry.

“I’m just kidding of course. Wait here, I’ll make something to eat.” He got up from the sofa and was about to head into the kitchen.

“Hang on, let’s us do together.” She said excitedly but unexpectedly, he held onto both of her shoulders that force her to sit back involuntarily. “Why?” She looked at him in confusion.

“Miss Stephanie, just stay here enjoying your coffee. I’ll make sure to finish quickly.” He said in playful way.

“Why? I want to help you too.” She pouted her lips while frowning.

“No, it’s fine. You’re my guest. I have to serve you.”

“Why do you have to be that formal? Is that the only reason?” She gave him a serious look.

“Actually… I’m worried to let you cooking.” He eventually said the honest reason.

“What?!” She asked in disbelief. “Yah, I know I’m not good but I’m not that bad at cooking!” She muttered in dissatisfaction.

“Well…” He tried his best to persuade her. “It’s a fact that… I’m better than you… besides, you just worked so hard today, so just leave it to me, alright?”

“You’re dead if it is not delicious like you always bragged about!” She gave a cute warning while showing her cute small fist.

“Yeah, don’t worry.” He said confidently with a smile on his face before heading into the kitchen.

 After 30 minutes, he had done cooking and serving everything on the table. He called out for her. She took her seat first as her eyes were gluing on food that he prepared as all of them looked so appetizing especially her stomach had also started grumbling. He took off the apron and took a seat in front of her.

“How is it?” He asked proudly as he showed his cooking skill with many types of food today specially for her.

“Well… visually, it isn’t bad.” She said coolly as she didn’t still feel good with the fact what he claimed was right, he was better than her at cooking. She picked up the spoon and had a taste of the food which was in front of her first.

“How does it taste?” He asked somehow looking quite nervous.

“It’s so… frustratingly delicious!!!” She said in frustration while clenching her teeth.

He laughed pleasantly especially her expression was so funny that it was so obvious how unpleased she was due to the fact that his cooking skill was proven to be better than hers. “Is this how our role will be switched in the future?”

“What do you mean? When we get married?”

“Married? Ah, married…” He nodded hesitantly. There was a moment of silence when they entered about that topic. Somehow, it felt quite awkward. He quickly changed topic, “Ah! I remember something.” Tiffany lifted her head, paying her attention to him though she didn’t stop stuffing the food in , showing how those foods fit her taste. “When I was on my way to the Finance department, sending that document, I saw a lot of your male workers.”

“Yes, what about that?”

“I see all of them are quite good-looking. I bet there must be one of them tried to flirt with you, right?”

She didn’t reply but just smiled sheepishly to him, she was aware what the situation right now was all about. “Are you maybe… got jealous?” She raised one of her eyebrows proudly.

He immediately denied. “No, I’m not jealous… I’m just… curious.” He made poker face.

Tiffany just laughed. “Hah! If you are already possessive over me like this, I wonder how much worse it will be going to be when we are married.”

“Then, let’s get married so that I can be possessive over you completely.” He said quickly and calmly while giving her a serious look.

“Wh… what?” She didn’t hear the wrong thing, didn’t she? From his expression, he didn’t seem like making joke either.

There was a moment of silence where they were just staring at each other without any voice as she blinked her eyes faster as she was confused and in disbelief of what she just heard. He eventually broke that awkward atmosphere. “Let’s continue eating, my stomach has started grumbling!” He said excitedly before eating.

She hesitantly continued eating and followed his act along by pretending to not hear what he just said. However, it was obvious that she looked quite disappointed that he didn’t really mean it.

“Ah, before I forget, I want to ask something.” Hyunjoong all of a sudden said.

“What is it?”

“Can you bring your father, mother and Leo to your company tomorrow, maybe around 11 AM?” His request was quite unexpected.

“For what? Do all of them have to be there?”

“Yes, it’s really important project proposal that I am going to discuss tomorrow and… can I use your meeting room for a while for that event?”

“I don’t think they have problem with that especially tomorrow is Saturday, I’m sure they are free but can you tell me first what kind of project is it that it requires my whole family including my brother, to be there?”

“It will be no fun if I tell you beforehand. Just wait for it until tomorrow.” He smirked.

“Aaanngg~~~ what is it?” She muttered while showing her cuteness but her attempt failed when he remained to be silent about it. Nevertheless, he was enjoying her rare cuteness.

-------

Hyunjoong was on the way to send Tiffany home. After a few minutes later, they finally arrived in front of her family’s house.

“We’re finally here.” He sighed as loud as Tiffany even could hear it clearly.

She chuckled. “Why did sigh like that like something bad just happened to you?”

“Honestly, this task is becoming quite tiring for me.”

“What? Do you mean sending me home?” She pouted her lips in disappointment. “Did I ask you to send me home? Next time, I’ll just go home with my driver then.”

He chuckled when she suddenly become upset with what he said. “Hang on, that wasn’t what I meant.” He drew himself closer to her and planted a kiss on her lips.

“Ouh!” Her eyes went slightly bigger with his unexpected kiss but she couldn’t control her happiness from showing when a wide grin stuck on her face.

“I don’t mean in that way. I just find that it is really hard to stay apart from you whenever I sent you home because I want us stay together like this.”

“You’re really smooth-talker.” She pouted her lips.

“It’s the truth. Is there any way so that I don’t have to send you away like this?”

“There is a way.”

“Really? What is it?”

It took her long enough before finally saying it. “Marriage.” His eyes went bigger and she just stared at him awkwardly. It was again another moment of silence whenever they entered this sensitive topic. They both just felt so shy and didn’t know how to further discuss about it.

She felt quite frustrated with him as he didn’t say anything about it, she changed the topic. “I… I better go now. My dad must be looking for me.”

“O… Ok, goodnight.”

Tiffany got off from his car and walked into the small gate when her maid opened it after confirming it was Tiffany. Hyunjoong waited and just stared at her until she disappeared from the sight. There was a small smile on his face, it seemed like he already planned something in his mind.

-------

The next morning, Hyunjoong went to Tiffany’s company a bit earlier to prepare everything so that his plan would progress smoothly. He even dragged Key along with him even Key tried his best to not get involved himself with any business with Hyunjoong especially during weekend since he would expect that Hyunjoong would do something that had to interrupted his wonderful weekend.

“Yah, can’t you stop disturbing me?! It’s weekend, for crying out loud!!!” Key kept muttering angrily as he walked beside Hyunjoong in Tiffany’s company, heading towards the meeting room. He didn’t even know what the reason for them to be here was. Hyunjoong didn’t even bother to tell him yet. “At least, couldn’t you tell me first what the heck we are doing?! It’s not like we are going to talk about the project during weekend, isn’t it?! I could have spent my times with Nicole instead of wasting time like this!”

“For your information, we aren’t wasting time, ok? Besides, we will meet Nicole in the meeting room soon and I would tell you guys everything.”

“What? Nicole is here too?” A sparkle finally could be seen in Key’s eyes.

They arrived in front of the meeting room and opened the door where they could see Nicole was already waiting for them though Key’s presence was a surprise for Nicole since Hyunjoong just asked her to meet here without any details.

“Oh, honey!” Key immediately went to Nicole’s side like an obedient puppy. “I just thought that I want to ask you for a date today but he just suddenly disturbed me but since you’re here too, it’s fine now!”

Hyunjoong rolled his eyes in annoyance while his face was saying ‘ok, whatever’ of what he just heard how Nicole and Key addressed each other.

“Yah~” Nicole hit Key’s arm gently as she was so embarrassed that Key called her affectionately because she wasn’t used to him calling her like that in front of other people.

“But… what is the reason you asked us to gather here? Are we expecting more to coming?” Nicole asked Hyunjoong.

“Actually… I need help from you guys.” Hyunjoong started telling them everything about his plan today. They were indeed shocked to hear it since it was quite unexpected but were genuinely happy and excited that Hyunjoong finally decided to do it.

“You can help me setting these things up…” Hyunjoong said to Key referring to the laptop and LCD things for the presentation later and added, talking to Nicole, “… can you wait for Tiffany and her family at the lobby to alert me when they arrive so that I can ensure that I got everything in ready?”

“Alright, no problem!” Nicole gladly answered and went out from the meeting room to head to the lobby floor while Key looked unsatisfied.

“Yah, how can you be so cruel to separate me and Nicole? I thought we are going to be together! Nicole, wait!” Key was about to follow after Nicole but just managed to move a few steps before he got dragged back by Hyunjoong to where he was at before.

“Stay here, don’t be such a silly romeo, alright?” Hyunjoong made fun of him. “I feel like throwing up!” He pretended to act like vomiting. “Come on, let’s get prepared now. They might be here soon.”

Hyunjoong and Key quickly set those things up as quick as they could. They didn’t have many times left and they hoped everything would go as perfect as they planned.

Meanwhile, Nicole was waiting in the lobby floor for the appearance of Tiffany and her family. Just then, as she was just wandering around, there was a luxurious car arrived in front of the company which soon she recognized as Tiffany’s car.

Nicole suddenly became anxious and didn’t know what to do. She didn’t ask Hyunjoong earlier how she should inform about their appearance. “Should I just go to the meeting room again to tell Hyunjoong and just wait for Tiffany there?” She asked herself before answering her own question a couple of seconds later. “Yes, that’s the only idea.”

She was about to go to elevator but stopped when she heard Tiffany called for her. Her plan was ruined. She had to change her plan on how to inform Hyunjoong about their appearance. Tiffany walked quickly towards her. “Nicole, what are you doing here?”

“Oh? O… Oh. Hyunjoong asked me to come here.” Nicole kept stuttering as her mind was thinking any other plan.

“Really? I wonder what he wants to show us that he invited all of us including my family. Did he tell you anything?”

“Well… I’m not sure too.” Nicole lied as she grinned awkwardly and she looked so uncomfortable, being so anxious that she still didn’t come up with any plan.

“What’s wrong? Are you okay?” Nicole’s condition was so obvious for Tiffany to realize it.

“No, no. I’m fine.” Nicole smiled widely. “Ah!” Finally she got an idea which shock Tiffany with her reaction. Tiffany stared at her in confusion. “Haha, nothing.” She shook her head before taking out her cell phone from her handbag.

Tiffany still looked confused with Nicole’s somewhat strange behavior but didn’t ask further as her parents and Leo were already walking towards them. Nicole quickly tried to send message to Hyunjoong but got interrupted of greet by Mrs. Hwang. “Nicole, you’re here too?”

“Oh? Ah, yes. Hello, auntie, uncle.” Nicole greeted Tiffany’s mother and father while giving 90° bow. “I don’t know anything but Hyun… sorry, I mean Mr. Kim asked me to come here.”

“Is that right? Ok, then. Let’s go to the meeting room now.” Mr. Hwang said.

“Hang on!” Nicole suddenly blurted out since she didn’t even finish texting Hyunjoong hence he was still unaware that they were going to meeting room now. Her action even shocked herself. Everyone was looking at Nicole in puzzlement. “Ah, well… I just want to say that, we should go now since he must be waiting for us.” She lied as she gave a stiff smile, hoping that they would believe it. Everyone just laughed it off as they thought Nicole was going to say something serious.

Tiffany’s family were walking first as Nicole stayed behind to continue texting and she finally managed to send the message to Hyunjoong. She was now only able to hope that he would take a look at the message before they managed to get there.

Tiffany realized that Nicole didn’t move even an inch. “Yah, what are you doing there?” She asked while chuckling.

“Yes… yes, I’m coming!”

Meanwhile, in the meeting room, Hyunjoong and Key almost finished setting things up. Only Hyunjoong was busy to have a final check on the presentation that he would show later. He couldn’t show this to Tiffany and her family yet, otherwise his surprise would be ruined.

However, Hyunjoong didn’t realize the message that was sent by Nicole as he was just focusing too much on checking. Key curiously asked, “Don’t you think it has been long since Nicole went down? Are they really not reaching here yet?” He took a look at his wristwatch. “It already passed 11 AM.”

“That’s right. It’s quite strange. Maybe they are going to be late.”

“Hang on… how the heck Nicole going to inform us about their appearance?” Key finally realized their weak plan.

“Oh, I forget about that!” Hyunjoong was about to go out from the meeting room but got stopped by Key.

“If I was in her place, I would have sent you a message.” Key uttered his opinion. Hyunjoong decided to follow and took a look at his cell phone. “See, you got a message.” Key added after taking a peek at it.

“They are already on the way to here!” Hyunjoong exclaimed and then, they heard the sound of the door was being opened. He immediately closed the slide of the presentation that obviously would reveal what was actually his real project. Luckily, they didn’t manage to see it.

“Hello, uncle, auntie!” Hyunjoong greeted excitedly but still maintained his politeness. “Leo!” He made high-five with Leo where Leo replied him excitedly.

It was such a pleasure meeting for Leo even though he didn’t understand why he should be there for but he just felt excited with the fact that he could meet Hyunjoong whom he thought like a playmate.

Hyunjoong took a look at Tiffany and they secretly threw each other a loving shy smile.

It was finally the time to start the presentation after everyone taking their own seat. Hyunjoong was standing nervously at the front as he was aware that this presentation was not like usual that he already used to do, this project was compulsory, he couldn’t fail to get approval for it.

Hyunjoong started his presentation by showing a slide containing a picture of a young kid. Tiffany stared at it to find out who he was but soon smiled and nodded in silence as a sign that she immediately could recognize him.

Instead, Leo was the one who answered excitedly, “Is not that hyung when hyung are still a kid like around my age?”

“That’s right.” Hyunjoong beamed at Leo for his good answer. “This is Kim Hyunjoong when he was a kid.” Then, he started to explain the history behind his life. He wanted to share it to all of them whom he thought like his own family. “I was born in a rich family that I assumed it was such a bless to me but who know… it doesn’t feel that much of bless when I suddenly lost both of my parents when I still need their presence and love…”

Tiffany just stared at him silently. She could see the pain in his eyes when he opened up about his hurtful past. She was glad that he chose to share everything not to her only but to her whole family and at the same time, admired him for his courage to speak up about this. Nevertheless, she was extremely curious what kind of project that he was going to talk about that he even had to share his past, did he think to do… well, she didn’t want to put much hope and just stayed relaxed for whatever it was.

Hyunjoong continued, “After that incident, I ran away from home as I felt like giving up on this life. But, fortunately I met someone who I familiarly called her as Auntie Lee that I also think of her like my own mother. She changed me and gave me strength to move on. Besides, I also realized that I still got my uncle as my family that I was still less unfortunate compared to those who lost their whole family.”

“But, being guided by your uncle, now you have grown up to be the best guy to me!” Tiffany added happily as she sounded quite excited and proud, declaring her love towards him without feeling embarrassed.

All of them were laughing being amused with the shameless action of Tiffany except her mother who felt very embarrassed in her daughter’s place. “Stephanie, you are a girl, behave yourself!”

Tiffany grinned in embarrassment. “Sorry, mom.”

“Mom, there’s no need to feel shy or embarrassed if you love someone.” Leo added, talking like mature adult which shocked everyone especially his mother.

Now, both of her children had made her embarrassed. “Leo, where did you learn about those things?!”

“Well, he is my son!” Tiffany’s father instead replied while patting Leo’s head like a proud father.

As Hyunjoong finished explaining about his childhood life as the introduction of the presentation, now they moved on the next part which was the body or content of the project today. He showed an animated video of Tiffany and Hyunjoong’s love story that Hyunjoong personally made himself. As the video played, he explained in more details what had happened and how he personally felt about each incident.

Their first meeting was shown where they already argued with each other when Hyunjoong accidentally spilt drinks on Tiffany’s favorite cloth.

“It wasn’t a pleasant first meeting for both of us but it was the beginning for everything that happened between us. From that moment, we hated each other and I always thought that she was quite arrogant when she used English speaking to me at first. I did ask for forgiveness but she insisted to blame it to me.”

Tiffany smiled apologetically. She did feel regretted and embarrassed for her action back then. She thought she was indeed at fault at that time for not forgiving him, instead she kept scolding him. “Sorry, I may be too emotional when it comes to my favorite thing.” Everyone just laughed at her cute excuse.

Then, the video showed the next events that actually brought them closer more than what they could imagine.

“Even though we both were aware that how much we hated each other but strangely, we kept having to be by each other’s side, from being in the same class, even being seatmates, were assigned in the same group for the project and I was appointed to be her teacher for study. It was like a destiny that brought us closer even we weren’t aware of.”

A part of the video finally showed how their relationship gradually changed as time went by. It was on the day where they had a class after the school ended. It was until night as Hyunjoong purposely forced Tiffany to keep studying while he went to Auntie Lee’s stall to have his dinner, however he didn’t come back to school with empty hand. He left the burger on the desk while she was already falling asleep and he pretended that he got the burger for free although he personally bought it for her. What made it more memorable was Auntie Lee’s words that he couldn’t take off from his mind.

“I remember on that night, Auntie Lee warned me with her words that asking me to be careful, hate might turn into love. Though I tried to ignore it but deeply in my heart, I was aware that it indeed had slowly become the truth. It can just be proven by the fact that I bought a burger for her even it was just a small thing but it meant a lot for our relationship. It was hard to acknowledge but yes, it was true, my heart already had a small space for affection towards her.”

Tiffany smiled brightly and in her eyes could be seen that she was really touched by his confession that she never heard before. He had started opened his heart to her since that time already.

The next scene showed how Tiffany almost got into accident but luckily Hyunjoong was there to save her. He also got injured but still sent her to hospital and looked after her throughout the night.

“Since then, our relationship had changed. We knew each other better and become best friends. Later, we become closer and our feelings grew stronger. After many hardships and obstacles that we had to face, now here are we. I love her more and more every day.” He ended the video with shy sweet confession that touched Tiffany’s heart. She couldn’t help but smiling widely.

And then, finally, the highlight of the presentation, a slide showed the precious words that Tiffany had been waiting to see. ‘Stephanie Hwang Miyoung, will you marry me?’

Hyunjoong took out something from his pocket and showed the ring confidently to everyone. “This time, there is no contract to sign for this project, instead I bring this ring to seal the promise.”

Tiffany couldn’t hide her happiness as she just smiled widely without words coming out from . Everyone also looked so happy and excited with this news.

“Since this is such a grand and big project, I have to have everyone’s approval. First of all, I need the family’s approval because it is the most important, without the family’s approval, it means nothing. Mr. Hwang, Mrs, Hwang and Leo Hwang, will you hand me your precious gem to me?”

Tiffany’s father representing the family got up and went to Tiffany. He brought Tiffany to Hyunjoong and was going to give her hand to him but suddenly stopped when Hyunjoong was just about to take her hand. Everyone looked so shocked especially Tiffany and Hyunjoong who stared at Mr. Hwang anxiously.

“If you let her to shed tears, I won’t let you go!” Mr. Hwang warned seriously.

Everyone hove a relieved sigh as they all thought that Tiffany’s father was going to change his minds about giving blessing to their relationship.

“Yes, I won’t let you down, father!” Hyunjoong replied confidently. Mr. Hwang smiled in satisfaction. Finally, Hyunjoong took Tiffany’s hand after being approved by her family. “Now, since everyone agree, what do you think, Miss Stephanie? Will you accept this project?” He stared at her while raising his eyebrows with a playful smile on his face while showing the ring.

“Hyung, of course noona will accept your proposal! Her face has been hurting for smiling too wide from the beginning!” Instead of Tiffany, Leo was the one answered.

Tiffany’s eyes went bigger. “When did I?!” She was flustered due to Leo’s comment.

“Aigoo~!” Hyunjoong patted her head and ended it by caressing her hair. She pouted her lips cutely as she was still embarrassed for being teased by Leo. Hyunjoong smiled and took her hand before putting the ring on her finger. Key and Nicole joined by Leo were cheering for them excitedly.

[Return to present]

Since it had been a long time since the girls and the boys met Hyunjoong and Tiffany, they had a really long chat. There were many things that they talked about. Hearing how Hyunjoong proposed Tiffany made all the girls squealed. All of the girls also shared how they got their proposal by their own husband. Everyone was so excited and happy since it wasn’t easy to gather like this anymore where everyone was so busy with their own career.

It was already almost midnight. As they felt very tired and thought that tomorrow they need to go work, all of them went home leaving Hyunjoong and Tiffany with their child at the apartment that used to be Tiffany’s apartment alone before.

After putting Joonghyun sleeping in his room, Tiffany and Hyunjoong returned to their room. They both lied down on the bed with Tiffany in Hyunjoong’s arms. Tiffany said excitedly, “It was so much fun today, right? I have been waiting for long for this moment where I don’t have to work at the company anymore and return to Korea to see my friends. I miss them so much!”

“Since it has been long to see them, they have changed a lot.”

“But, I think we changed more, we even have children!” Tiffany added while chuckling.

“That’s right!” Hyunjoong laughed along with her. He interlocked his fingers with hers. “Honey, don’t you think we should start thinking the name for our second child?”

“Ah, really? Then… since our son’s name takes after your name, then let it be my name for our second child. Miyoung… then Youngmi.”

“Alright, Kim Youngmi, it sounds nice.” He completely agreed with her suggestion. “Then, what about our third child?” He asked calmly like it was just a common question.

“What do you mean?” She was quite taken aback with his unexpected question as she lifted her head up to have a direct eye-contact with him.

“Well, after you give birth, it won’t be long for the third child to appear, right?”

She got speechless after hearing what he said. She suddenly got up due to the shock. “H… hang on, what are you talking about? I didn’t even give birth to second child yet, you are already thinking about third child?!”

“I know how lonely it was to be the only child, so it has been my dream to have as many children as I can.”

“WHAT?!!!” She asked in disbelief as she looked rather panicked and anxious with his dream that actually scared her.

“I won’t let you rest.” He said playfully while giving naughty smile.

-------

The END! Thank you guys for all the support, sorry too for being a bad writer, taking so long to update, i was so busy with my study. Hope to see you again in my another story that I am going to focus since i finally finished this one. :)