Chapter 72

The Magicians of Love

A week that had passed without getting any news about Minho, had caused Yuri to be very uneasy and she couldn’t even concentrate in doing anything. She looked very down and sometimes, she skipped her meals. The girls were very worried about her.

Today, she finally decided to look for Minho at his family’s villa. She didn’t think she could stand anymore being curious and worried about what actually had happened to Minho who couldn’t be contacted for a week.

She asked for Taecyeon’s help to send her to Minho’s family’s villa to see him. In the early morning, Taecyeon picked up Yuri at Soshi Girls’ villa and drove his car to Minho’s family’s villa. After 30 minutes, they arrived there. Taecyeon stopped his car and parked it not too far from the villa which everything that happened in front of the villa could be seen from here.

Yuri opened the door and was just about to go out from the car but her hand was grabbed by Taecyeon. She looked at him in confusion. “I think it’s the best we wait here for a while.”

“Why?”

“Honestly, I don’t think his mother will allow you to meet him.”

“What that was supposed to mean?” Yuri really didn’t get why Taecyeon would suddenly say like that.

“Honestly, I went to their villa two days ago, I wasn’t allowed to enter the villa. If they don’t allow me, I don’t you can…”

“But, why? How can…”

“Yes, that’s actually confusing me too.”

As they were talking, it could be seen that Minho just came out from his villa.

“Hang on, it’s Minho, right?” Taecyeon pointed to him.

“Yes, it’s him!” Yuri said excitedly as she finally saw with her own eyes that there was nothing wrong with him. He looked good like she last saw him. She did feel quite relieved now. “I want to see him.” She immediately got out from the car as Taecyeon just stayed silently in the car, observing them.

Yuri ran to the villa and she could only stop in front of the gate as it was locked. She called out for him happily. “Yah, Choi Minho!” Minho turned around. When their eyes met, Yuri beamed at him happily.

At first, Minho didn’t recognize her. It took quite a long time of him to remember her from the picture and story that Victoria told him. He clenched his fist in anger. He couldn’t believe that she even had the pride to come to see him.

He approached her slowly as he stared into her eyes seriously. After a moment, he reached in front of her and opened the gate. He didn’t say anything and just stared at her silently with the anger in his heart.

Being unaware of his anger towards her, she just kept smiling happily until she started asking as Minho didn’t say anything at all since they met and he didn’t even bother to smile at her. “Why? Why aren’t you saying anything?”

“Don’t you have a little pride left?” He asked coldly.

“Huh? What are you talking about?” Yuri looked very confused with his unusual reaction. “Yah! How can you say that?!” She made an angry cute expression. “You are the one that makes me worried so much! Why don’t you pick up your call?!”

“You are shameless.” He rolled his eyes in annoyance.

“What are you talking about?” Yuri did feel hurt with what he said but she tried to think positively. He didn’t answer her and just avoided her gaze. “Yah! Don’t you think your joke is a bit going too far? It really hurts me…”

“Does this face is telling you that I’m joking?” He asked as he gave her an icy glare.

“Minho, what’s wrong with you?” She finally couldn’t stand it. She thought there must be something that caused him suddenly acted cold to her.

“Aish, seriously!” He was about to walk away, being so annoyed by her acting.

Yuri grabbed his arm. “Hang on, hang on. What’s wrong? W… what did I do wrong? Why are you so mad at me?” She looked very scared and nervous with his sudden completely different attitude.

Minho flung off her hand angrily. “Let me go!” He said angrily as he looked disgusted by her. Yuri looked very shocked. “Just enough already! You make me sick with your lying!” He yelled.

She couldn’t control anymore and her tears accumulated in her eyes, waiting to fall anytime soon. She knew that he really wasn’t joking anymore. “Wh… what did I do wrong?” She asked as she started crying.

“Oh, please! Don’t act so pitiful by wasting your tears!” Minho kept hurting her heart by saying harsh words. “I know everything already! Just stop acting!”

“Minho…” She started sobbing. She didn’t know what was her mistake that made him felt very angry. She never saw him acting like this, she felt too hurt, just too hurt…

“Can you leave from my sight?! I just feel so annoyed right now! Just go!” He kept yelling angrily at her but she still remained standing there with her tears continuously fell to her cheeks. She still couldn’t believe that it was the reality that Minho had treated her like this. “What are you doing?! Just get lost from my sight! What the… alright, I’ll go then!”

Minho was about to enter the villa again but she still grabbed his arm. “Hang on, please tell me what is my mistake… don’t just treat me like this… at least… at least, you should explain it to me… I deserve to know…” Though her heart felt so hurt by his mean words, she still begged him, showing how much she loved him.

“Aish! Please don’t touch me, I’m sick of you!!!” He yelled and this time, he pulled her stronger than before that caused her to fell on the ground.

Unfortunately, there was a sharp piece of glass on the ground and it was just right on the place at where Yuri placed her hand to support herself from falling that caused her hand to be stabbed by that sharp piece of glass. “OUCH!!!” She exclaimed her pain and she couldn’t even get up as it was just too painful to her. Her tears kept falling down again and this time it became worse because she was bearing the extreme pain in her hand.

Minho looked quite shocked and guilty for making her like that. He unconsciously felt worried for her. He was about to help her getting up before stopping by himself after seeing Taecyeon coming over to help Yuri.

“Yuri-ah, are you okay?” Taecyeon asked worriedly as he helped her to get up. Yuri didn’t reply anything and she just cried while leaning against him. He looked at the deep wound in Yuri’s wrist in worry.

Minho looked like filled with anger when he saw Yuri and Taecyeon together. How he hated to see them.

Taecyeon lifted his head up and looked angrily at Minho. “Just, what’s so wrong with you?!!!” He yelled and pushed Minho strongly which caused him to fall to the ground. “How can you be so mean?!”

Minho got up angrily. “What’s the problem do you have with me?! How dare you come to my house and make ruckus like this?!”

“What?!” Taecyeon asked in disbelief. He wondered what had changed Minho so much to the point that he himself hurt the girl that he loved very much, the girl whom he had treasured her life more than his own. “What had made you changed like this, huh?!” He finally threw a punch towards Minho’s face.

His lips were bleeding due to Taecyeon’s punch. “Yah! What did you just do?!” He grabbed Taecyeon’s collar angrily. “How dare you…”

Yuri stopped them and pulled them apart. “It’s enough!! We should just go!” She pulled Taecyeon’s arm and dragged him away to stop the fight between them.

“Hang on, why we should surrender like this?! Yuri-ah, for crying out loud, he hurt your hand!”

“Please! I beg you! Let’s just leave! We are just going to be pathetic for acting like this to the person who didn’t care at all about us!” She said desperately as her tears still didn’t stop falling.

Seeing Yuri became like that, Taecyeon finally gave up and he helped Yuri to get into the car. Minho just stared at them angrily while clenching his teeth.

“Are you really fine?” Taecyeon asked worriedly and he held Yuri’s hand to take a look on her deep wound.

“Don’t worry, I’m fine.” She pulled away her hand, not letting Taecyeon to take a longer look on the wound.

He stared at her with sad and worried expression as he saw her tried her best to bear the extreme pain in her hand as well as trying to control her unstoppable tears. “Are you going to be okay? I think it’s better to take you to the hospital.”

“No need, just send me home.” She said coldly.

“But, your hand! How can you let it bleed like that?!” He slightly raised his voice since she had become so stubborn especially she was being careless about something that would affect her health.

“Ok Taecyeon, please! Just send me home!” She shouted and then, she cried out loud again. She tried her best to not be so weak in front of him but she just couldn’t. Her heart just felt too painful right now, much painful than the pain caused by the wound in her hand.

“Alright, alright. I get it, I’m sorry.” Taecyeon felt very hurt too seeing her suffering like that.

---------

The girls were shocked by Yuri who suddenly barged into the villa and what made them shocked was seeing Yuri crying.

“Oh, Yuri-ah, what happened?” Taeyeon was the one to ask. Yuri didn’t answer and just went to hug Taeyeon for comfort. Taeyeon didn’t know what to do except to comfort her by tapping her back.

The girls looked very shocked and worried about Yuri. They thought there would be no problem between her and Minho. “Yuri, what happened this time?” Jessica asked.

Sunny was the one who was aware about Yuri’s hand which was covered by a lot of blood coming from the deep wound in her hand. “Oh, Yuri-ah! Your hand!” She exclaimed in surprise as the blood didn’t stop flowing in the fast speed.

Yoona immediately ran to the kitchen and came back later with the basin full of water and a small towel. She took Yuri’s hand and immersed in the water. “What actually happened?” Yoona asked as she helped Yuri to clean the wound.

“Well… I…” Yuri didn’t know how to explain as she still had difficulty in holding her unstoppable tears.

“How can you let your wound like this?” Taeyeon asked as she sounded quite angry as Yuri didn’t care too much about her injury which might cause it became worse later.

“More than that, you should tell us what actually happened.” Sunny added. “You won’t get this severe injury just by simply falling, right? And, you come back while crying like this…”

Taecyeon appeared later after parking his car and joined them. He took a seat beside Taeyeon as he observed Yuri and was glad that she was willing to receive the treatment from Yoona.

Taeyeon asked as she thought it might be very difficult for Yuri to explain herself, “Taecyeon, what actually happened?”

Taecyeon took a deep breath before started telling them everything as he himself still found it hard to believe. As expected, the girls also took some time to accept the reason what had happened to Yuri.

“Hang on, hang on… this just sounds so impossible…” Jessica shook her head in disbelief. “Minho did that?! How can…?! He even fought with you?! But, for what?!”

“I also think it’s very strange!” Taeyeon added later. “How someone like him can do this to Yuri? In fact, he just confessed his feelings to Yuri at school last week, right? This sudden change of his attitude is really strange!”

“That’s what make me really don’t understand! I saw him pushing Yuri with my own eyes!” Taecyeon added angrily. Just recalling the incident with Minho before, just made him felt like punching Minho.

Yuri finally voiced after a moment, “If even you guys still find it hard to believe… how you think I would feel?” Taeyeon comforted Yuri as she patted her shoulders. “I don’t know what did I do wrong but he really hated me so much!”

Yoona who was cleaning Yuri’s wound, took a longer look on the wound. “Yuri-ah, I think it’s better if we go to hospital.”

However, Yuri refused to listen. “It’s okay. I’m fine. It will get better soon.”

“Your wound is really deep. I’m worried it might affect your health. Please…” The girls begged her and finally got her agreement.

---------

Taecyeon sent Yuri and Yoona who accompanied her to the hospital. They went to meet the doctor who was also in-charge of Yuri’s asthma since she was kid to make Yuri more comfortable especially after Yuri had refused so much to go to the hospital.

“Oh, Yuri-ah, you have come.” The doctor immediately recognized her and gave her a warm smile that slightly had comforted Yuri. She took a seat on the chair in front of him.

“Hi, uncle. I’m Im Yoona. Yuri’s friend.” Yoona introduced herself.

“Oh, you’re Yoona. Yuri did mention about you to me.” He smiled. Then, he looked at Yuri. “I really hope you won’t come to see me.” He said to Yuri jokingly not to hurt her feelings but in the deeper meaning, he meant that he hope Yuri won’t get sick again.

“Uncle…” Yuri said as she smiled bitterly.

“I’m just joking. Anyways, why did you come? Did you get your attack again? I told you many times to eat your medicine.”

Yuri explained. “That isn’t the reason this time. It’s my hand.” She showed him her bandaged hand.

“Again?!” The doctor looked at her bandaged hand in disbelief. Last time she came to see him was also asking him to check her injured hand. “How can you injure your hand so many times?!” He scolded her like her father. “Come here.” He asked Yuri to come closer and he opened the bandage to examine the wound.

“Her wound is really deep, isn’t it? I’m really worried for her. She refused to come to the hospital at first.” Yoona said to the doctor.

“What?! You refused to come to the hospital?!” The doctor asked Yuri in disbelief. “See, the wound is very deep that it did slightly damage your nerve.” He explained how severe her wound was.

“Is it that severe?!” Yuri and Yoona asked in unison.

Yuri continued, “Then… then, what will happen to my hand?” She asked nervously.

“Luckily, it’s the nerve that will grow again, so it means your hand can be recovered but… it might take a very long time before you can use it like usual.”

“Hang on… what did uncle mean by that? I don’t understand. I can’t use it like usual? What that was supposed to mean? And, for a very long time? How long exactly?”

“Your hand might become weak and shake a lot when you’re trying to do something. You can’t control your hand like how you usually can do. I don’t know exactly how long it takes to recover but it might take a few months.”

“A few months?!” Yuri asked in shock. “But, but… I have a piano competition next month. How… How I…”

“I think you have to forget it. Your hand won’t get better in the mean time especially for something like playing piano where you have to have a great control in your hand. I don’t think you won’t be able to play piano for a few next months.”

“How can this be?” Yuri leaned against the chair in disappointment. She couldn’t believe that everything that she owned before had just disappeared in a blink of an eye.

“Yuri-ah…” Yoona looked at her with sad expression as she patted her shoulders. Yoona asked the doctor, “Is there no other way to get her hand recovered faster?”

“Unfortunately no, we can only stitch her wound to avoid infection. And, remember to not do heavy works with your injured hand, Yuri-ah… That might help to fasten the recovery of your nerve.” The doctor looked at Yuri in sadness that Yuri looked like giving up on everything. He tried to comfort her. “Don’t worry, you can play piano again once it get better but for now, just forget it for a while, ok?”

Yuri nodded weakly.

-----------

Minho kept wandering around in his room as there was something in minds that had been bothering him a lot. He still couldn’t forget the incident with Yuri and Taecyeon before. He did look very guilty and worried for pushing Yuri too hard that caused her to get hurt.

He was aware that he should hate her right now but honestly, he couldn’t help to think and be worried about her. “Aish!” He stomped his leg angrily. “That’s right, it’s not my fault! She is the one who keeps clinging to me!”

He tried to keep calm and eventually, he stopped wandering around and sat on his bed.

“Why am I worried about her?! Aish, I can’t be to be like this, seriously!” He lied down on his bed with his upper body. “It’s okay… it’s okay…” He talked to himself. “I’m feeling like this not because I still have feelings for her but it’s just because I used to have. She is my ex-girlfriend and she is someone that I used to be worried about. This is common… don’t be anxious too much…” He tried his best to convince himself that Yuri was no longer important in his life and he absolutely not have feelings for her anymore.

---------

After going back from the hospital, Yuri had been locked herself in the room all day long and didn’t even to eat anything. The girls looked very worried about her after finding out everything but they didn’t know how to comfort her because all of this happened just too fast that even themselves found it was still unbelievable.

The day finally turned into night and Yuri still didn’t eat anything. They were worried that another problem might rise when she let herself starving. The only thing that they could do now was waiting for her to eat by herself as they didn’t want to force her which might caused her to be more stressed. They wanted her to take enough rest to clear her minds from all of these problems.

Not too long after, Yuri finally came out from her room. The girls immediately paid attention to her when they heard the sound of her opening the door of her room. “Do you make any food?” Yuri asked as she smiled.

“Oh, you want to eat?” Jessica asked. Yuri replied with a nod. “Wait here for a moment, I’ll take it for you. We prepared a lot of delicious food for you.” She rushed to the kitchen to take the food for Yuri.

Yuri took a seat beside Yoona. Yoona observed Yuri’s expression. “Are you fine?”

“Yes, I’m completely fine.” Yuri replied confidently and cheerfully. She took the remote and switched on the television. “Is there any interesting program to watch?” She asked as she changed the channel.

Jessica came back with a plate of food and gave it to Yuri. “Here’s your food. You must eat a lot, ok?”

Yuri took it and started eating. “Wow, it’s really delicious! I will eat a lot!”

Even though Yuri didn’t cry and didn’t seem depressed anymore, they were still worried a lot about her since they could see that she tried her best to show she was fine by acting strong like a person without any problem. However, they were sure that Yuri won’t be able to get better that soon since they knew how she was. She was the type of the person that will hurt deeply and once there was a wound in her heart, it would take a long time and a lot of effort to heal.

Sunny was the first to realize that there was no ring anymore on Yuri’s fingers, which meant that she already took off the couple ring that Minho gave. She asked hesitantly, “Hm, Yuri-ah… you took off the ring?”

“Huh? Ah, yes… I have thrown it away. I have to move on and forget everything and it has to be started with this simple thing.” Her expression did change when she was talking about that.

The girls looked very sad that the relationship of Yuri and Minho which was just too blissful and sweet before had turned out like this in just a blink of an eye.

----------

Yuri came back from the cafeteria as she was on the way to her class after a small bite of her meal as she really didn’t feel too hungry. She did look unenergetic and unhappy unlike she used to be. She was walking alone as not too far from there, Taecyeon was observing her. In past few days, he had been a sun in her life, always stayed by her side to give support and comfort as well as making her happy to let her forget her problem and the injury that caused her unable to play piano.

After for a while, Taecyeon decided to approach her. “Hi!” He jumped in front of her while greeted happily.

“Oh, Taecyeon-ah…” Yuri said while smiling bitterly.

“What is this?!” He pretended to look angry at her for receiving such unenthusiastic reaction. “Is there no other reaction?”

“I’m sorry…” She smiled brighter now.

Taecyeon just chuckled and they walked side by side. “Have you eaten?”

“Yes, I just come back from the cafeteria. How about you?”

“Me too.” He smiled widely. “Ah! How is your hand?” He looked at her bandaged hand.

“Well… nothing’s changed.” She did look disappointed again.

Seeing her got depressed again, he tried to make her feel better. “Don’t worry, it’ll be fine soon. Let me carry this.” He tried to take the book that she was carrying.

“It’s okay. I can…”

However, he still took it. “Hush! You want your hand to get better quickly right? So, you must not carry any heavy thing, ok?”

Yuri finally chuckled due to Taecyeon’s childish behavior. “What the… Is this a very thin book that heavy? Besides, I carry it with my right hand.” She referred to the uninjured hand.

“Anyways, you can’t carry anything heavy, so just let me carry it for you.” Yuri just smiled with Taecyeon’s nonsense excuse. “It’s really nice to see you smile like this.” He was very glad that at least, Yuri could smile with his presence.

“Thank you… for being here.”

“What is there to be thankful about? I didn’t do anything.” Taecyeon shrugged.

“Just… thank you.”

“Aigoo…” He patted her head like a little kid which she replied with a smile.

Not too far in front of them, Minho was staring at them. However, his expression seemed slightly different compared to first he looked at both of them when they came to his house. Instead of anger, jealousy was the more precise word to explain his expression when he stared them.

Yuri suddenly stopped walking when her eyes met with Minho’s eyes. “Why?” Taecyeon asked Yuri before he turned towards the direction of Yuri’s eyes where at. He saw that Yuri and Minho were looking at each other.

Yuri was about to turn around, just to avoid passing beside Minho, however, Taecyeon grabbed her hand and pulled her to continue walking straight and finally they passed Minho without uttering any word as Yuri walked slightly bowing her head.

Minho just stared them silently as they passed him. Unexpectedly, he turned around to take a longer look at them and finally, his eyes fixed on Yuri’s bandaged hand. He did look quite shocked and worried that her injury was worse than he thought.

Taecyeon took a look at Yuri who just remained silent. She did look depressed and sad again. He asked her, “What are you going to do after school end?”

“Nothing. Just go home.”

“Then… let’s come with me to the basketball practice. You like to see it, right?” Actually, Taecyeon just didn’t want Yuri spend time at home alone as she eventually would think about her problem again. He just wanted her to keep being busy by doing something instead of being sad.

“I just don’t feel like going.”

“Why?”

“Just… I want to rest at home.”

“Are you trying to avoid Minho?” Taecyeon boldly asked.

Yuri’s steps stopped at the mention of Minho’s name. “Can’t stop mentioning his name?!” She sounded quite angry.

“Why are you suddenly being angry? I was right, wasn’t I?” Yuri didn’t say anything as she bowed her head while taking a deep breath. He turned her around and looked into her eyes. “Listen to me. There is no use to avoid him, you will always see him. And, you must be strong, you must show to him that you are fine. You must show to him that he won’t affect your life, ok?”

Yuri eventually agreed with him. “Alright, I get it…” She nodded.

“Good girl!” He patted her head again like a little kid which she replied with a small grin. “See you later, bye!” He left her to go to his class.

------------

As promised, Yuri went to the basketball court after her class ended. She saw Taecyeon already practicing playing basketball. However, he was just alone and she wondered where the other members were.

“Are you alone? Don’t you say that you have practice?”

“You are 30 minutes early.” He replied while grinning.

“But, you said…”

“If I said that the practice will start 30 minutes after school end, you must choose to go back, didn’t you?”

“Aigoo…” Yuri sighed as she smiled because Taecyeon was absolutely right.

“For the time being, sit there and see this awesome and handsome person practice, ok?” He referred to himself that caused Yuri to chuckle.

She went to the bench and put her bag aside before sitting on it. She saw him playing and nevertheless, how much she tried to forget Minho, eventually, her memory, the one that Minho taught her playing basketball appeared in her minds again.

“I’m so cool, right?” Taecyeon asked Yuri playfully after he managed to make a shot even he stood far from the net. Yuri didn’t reply anything and she just zoned out. “Yuri…” He called out but she still didn’t realize. “Kwon Yuri, are you listening to me?” He slightly raised his voice.

“Yes!” She immediately looked at him with confused face. “Did you say something?” Taecyeon just remained silent and stared at her silently. “Y… yes… you’re awesome!” She exclaimed while showing a thumb-up. However, he still stared at her with expressionless face. “W… why? Am I wrong? Did you say something else?”

Taecyeon picked up the ball and approached her before sitting beside her. “You are wrong. I said… you are beautiful.” He smiled.

“Huh?” Yuri looked very confused as she raised one of her eyebrows.

“Oh, ho… you don’t even deny. I guess you are very confident about your beauty…” He .

“What are you talking about?!” She laughed as she patted his shoulder.

Suddenly, they heard the sound of rolling ball as another person came into the court. Yuri and Taecyeon looked at Minho who was approaching them. “Do you think this is the right place for dating, Ok Taecyeon?!” He asked sarcastically.

“What the heck are you talking about?!” Taecyeon replied angrily.

Minho came closer as he said, “I think you are taking easily this upcoming match. Instead of practicing, you spent time with a girl… do you think you can just play around like that? If we lose, you will take the responsibility, understand?!” He glared at Taecyeon.

Taecyeon couldn’t hold his temper anymore as Minho didn’t make any sense at all with his words. He grabbed his collar. “Just what’s so wrong with you, huh?! Are you that jealous of me?! If you are angry to see Yuri with me, why in the first place, you hurt her?!!”

Minho did look quite shocked when Taecyeon mentioned about jealousy. However, he still tried to deny it. He rolled his eyes as he said, “Just why the heck should I jealous?! Huh, who hurt who first?!”

Taecyeon didn’t understand what was meant by Minho’s question. He talked like Yuri had hurt him but she didn’t do anything wrong at all. “What are you talking about?!”

Yuri couldn’t see them fight because of her anymore. “Just stop it, both of you!” She shouted. “If you hate to see me that much, I’ll just go!” She said angrily as she took her bag.

“Hang on, Yuri-ah!” Taecyeon tried to stop Yuri but she didn’t care it. “Kwon Yuri, I said stop!” Yuri’s steps finally stopped. “Don’t go.”

“Taecyeon, it’s okay. I will just…”

Minho interrupted. “Do you think your presence will affect me? You are here or not doesn’t make any difference to me.” He said coldly, directing to Yuri.

Yuri did look very hurt by his harsh words but she tried her best to stay strong. Taecyeon glared at Minho, he didn’t understand what caused Minho to be this angry and hate towards Yuri.

Just, then… Nickhun showed up and saw three of them in this strange yet bad atmosphere. “Hi, you guys!” He greeted cheerfully except there was no one replied his greet. “Omo, what’s up with this atmosphere?” Then, he spotted the bandage on Yuri’s hand. “Oh, Yuri-ah, what happened to your hand? You get hurt again? What will happen to your piano competition, it’s next month, right?”

Minho looked very shocked after finding out the fact that Yuri was a pianist representing the school and was going to join in a competition. It made him felt so bad and guilty.

“Well…” Yuri couldn’t explain anything and she just forced a smile because it was just so upsetting for her and she really hated to talk about it especially in front of the person who caused this injury.

“Then, who did this to you?” Nickhun kept asking out of concern. “Don’t tell me… those three girls again? They used to hurt your hand because of Minho, right?” He was referring to Hyejin and her friends.

“No, no, it’s not them.” Yuri explained.

“What are you talking about?” Minho suddenly got curious when Nickhun mentioned about Yuri also hurt her hand in the past especially due to the same reason… it’s because of him.

“Don’t you remember it?” Nickhun looked quite confused with Minho’s unexpected reaction. “How can you forget about Hyejin and her friends hurt Yuri? Yah, it’s impossible! I don’t think you would have forgotten it easily especially it’s because of you!”

“It’s because of me too? What actually happened?” Minho got very curious since he didn’t have any memory about that.

Yuri, Nickhun and Taecyeon looked very confused and shocked that Minho didn’t remember anything at all about that incident. However, this strange situation just stopped there as the other members of basketball team started to show up one by one.

All of them gathered around as they waited for Minho, the captain’s instruction. “Lee Sungmin!” Minho called while facing towards Leeteuk.

Sungmin who was standing quite far from Minho, answered. “Yes!”

However, Minho kept calling for Sungmin as he thought Leeteuk as Sungmin. Victoria did introduce all the members of basketball team to Minho, however, since it was the first time he meeting them after losing his memory, it was quite difficult for him to remember all the names and faces. “Lee Sungmin, why aren’t you answering?” He asked Leeteuk.

All of them including Yuri looked very confused with Minho’s strange behavior. Sungmin immediately went to Minho and stood in front of him. “Minho, I’m here. What’s wrong with you?” Sungmin asked.

Minho looked quite shocked. “Oh, you…” He was aware that everyone stared at him. “N… nothing, I’m sorry.” He forced a smile.

Just then, Victoria also showed up at the court. “Hi, Minho!” She greeted happily.

“Oh, noona… you have come.” Minho smiled. “Have a seat there.” He pointed towards the bench at side of the court.

Yuri looked very shocked to see her appearance especially after the last incident. And to make it worse, Minho treated her well like there was nothing, like she was an innocent person. He was so mad at Victoria before but now… she couldn’t believe it. What had actually happened to this guy?!

Victoria took a seat and she threw an arrogant glance at Yuri who looked at her angrily. Just seeing her here, made Yuri felt so angry and depressed. She won’t leave just as Victoria was here because she wanted to show that she was strong and won’t back off easily like a pathetic person.

All of the members started to practice. As they practiced, Taecyeon would take a glance at Yuri was sitting on the bench alone. Like he expected, her eyes fixed only on one person that had always attracted her attention. Yuri tried her best to not look at Minho but she herself couldn’t help it. Though she was really angry and hated him for hurting her heart deeply, she knew her love for him wasn’t that easy to disappear. Honestly, from the bottom of her heart, she did feel happy and relieved that he could play basketball as he used to.

As Yuri was into seeing Minho playing, she wasn’t even aware of Victoria’s presence beside her. Victoria cleaned as she shamelessly took a seat beside Yuri. “Do you miss seeing your ex-boyfriend playing basketball?”

Yuri looked quite shocked when suddenly Victoria came and spoke to her. She moved to the side a bit, widened a gap between them. “What are you doing here? I don’t have anything to say to you.” She said coldly.

“What to do? I have something to talk to you.” Victoria replied arrogantly. “But…” She looked into Yuri’s eyes. “Your condition doesn’t look that good. It’s that bad to lose him?” Yuri just remained silent. “That’s why, you should have listened me earlier instead of being stubborn. I did that for your own good. Minho was actually angry at me before because I didn’t really pay attention to him. That’s why, he bear a grudge and just wanted to make me jealous. He purposely played around with you. See, now… eventually, he will come back to me.”

“Can’t you just stop disturbing me?” Yuri replied firmly. She really couldn’t hear her words anymore.

“Why? Are you angry? I’m just talking the truth.”

“Noona, can’t you stop it already?!” Suddenly Taecyeon interrupted them as he sounded so angry.

“Oh, Taecyeon…” Victoria did look very shocked and embarrassed.

“Ok Taecyeon, what are you doing?” Nickhun asked half shouted since he was quite far from them. The members looked at them as Taecyeon caused the practice stopped. Minho looked so angry that Taecyeon purposely stopped the practice for Yuri.

“Yuri-ah, let’s go!” Taecyeon took Yuri’s bag and grabbed her hand before dragging her away.

“Taecyeon, what are you doing?” Yuri asked anxiously as she was still in shock that Taecyeon just left the practice like that especially when she was also dragged along.

“I can’t see you getting hurt again.”

“But, your practice…”

“Is that important right now?”

“Yah, Ok Taecyeon! Where are you going?!” Nickhun asked loudly.

“I’m off first. I have something to do.” He waved his hand in the air without facing Nickhun. He just left like that while dragging Yuri along with him.

As everyone just looked so confused, Minho just stared at them angrily while clenching his fist.

“Just what’s wrong with him?” Nickhun muttered. “Let’s just continue our practice…” He looked at Minho who had the ball in his hand. “Minho?” He called out after seeing Minho’s face.

“Let’s just stop our practice here.” Minho said seriously.

“But, why? It is only one person left, we should still…”

“I said, just end our practice today.” Minho stayed with his decision which the other members had to agree with.

Nickhun got really curious about something and he asked Minho. He put his arm around Minho’s shoulder. “Did something happen with you and Yuri?” He asked, being unaware of Minho and Yuri’s current relationship.

“Huh?” Minho looked confused that his own best friend didn’t know that he and Yuri had broken up. “You don’t know?”

“What?” Nickhun frowned. “Don’t tell me, you guys fought?!” He asked in disbelief. “Why? Did she get tired of you getting jealous easily? I already know this would happen, you are so small minded, how can a guy be so easily jealous, you are so helplessly loving her so much, aren’t you? Don’t worry, yes, Yuri is indeed very pretty that many guys are crazy over her but, but, can’t you see how much she loves you? She is so worried when you suddenly disappeared before.”

“What are you talking about?” Minho suddenly got curious and confused of Nickhun’s words. It sounded so impossible that Nickhun didn’t know that Yuri had cheated to him especially it involved Taecyeon, their best friend too.

Victoria heard Minho and Nickhun’s conversation, immediately interrupted them to avoid Nickhun telling something to Minho that might expose her lie. “Minho!” She went to Minho and linking her arm with his. “I have something to tell you.”

“What is it?”

“This is important. Let’s go!” She dragged Minho out from the court, leaving all the members of the basketball staring at them going away.

“What do you want to talk about?” Minho asked seriously as he didn’t have any interest in knowing what Victoria was going to say. He still looked very angry after seeing Yuri together with Taecyeon.

“Well… actually… I…” Victoria didn’t know what to say since she herself didn’t have anything to talk about with him, she just wanted to distracted Minho’s attention from the matter of him and Yuri.

“Do you have something to tell me or not?” Minho looked slightly annoyed.

“Y… yes, I have. Actually… ah, I am hungry, let’s go eat at a good restaurant, we eat a lot today and the treat is on me! How about it?” She asked excitedly.

“You drag me out just because of that?” Minho looked more annoyed that Victoria was going to talk to him just because of a trivial thing. “You just eat alone, I don’t have appetite.” He walked away, leaving her alone.

“Minho!” She called out but he just ignored her. “What’s wrong with him?” She muttered to herself angrily.