Chapter 60

The Magicians of Love

Onew was still carrying Jessica on his shoulder even though they were quite far already from the airport. Jessica looked very embarrassed to be carried like that. “Onew… I think you should have put me down now.” She said in embarrassment. “I must be heavy.”

“Really?” He put her down. He couldn’t deny that his body did feel hurt after getting hit by a car and carrying her on his shoulder had made it worse. “Ouch!” He exclaimed his pain while stretching his arm to make his shoulder felt better.

“Yah~! You are too much!” Jessica hit his shoulder playfully as she thought he was just teasing how heavy she was. “Even I’m really heavy, do you have made that obvious?”

“Ouch!” He seemed like was bearing his pain after Jessica did that.

“Oh?” Jessica looked very shocked that he seemed really hurt. “What happened?”

“Huh? Em… nothing.” He lied to her as he didn’t want her to be worried too much as his condition wasn’t too bad. He touched his shoulder with his hurt hand accidentally exposing it to Jessica.

Jessica seemed so shocked after seeing his hurt hand especially the blood still could be seen clearly on the wound that didn’t dry yet. “What has happened?!”

He knew there was no use to hide anymore. “Actually… on my way to get here, I got hit by a car.”

“WHAT?!” She asked in disbelief. “How can... then, why don’t you go to hospital?!” She scolded him.

“It’s not really that bad. Besides, if I went to the hospital, you won’t be here, beside me right now. Right?” He gave her a gentle smile to convince her that her presence has let him to forget about his pain.

“But…” Jessica looked very guilty. “It’s still must be painful… See, your wound in your hand is quite deep.” She stared at his wound on his hand sadly and apologetically.

“Yes, it’s quite painful…” He chuckled to ease her minds. “But, it’s worthy if I can stop you from going. I’m okay since you are here.” He smiled playfully while raising his eyebrows.

“This happened because of me.” She still looked sad and guilty.

“No, what are you talking about?!” Onew immediately replied while slightly raising his voice. “How come this is because of you? It isn’t you that drive the car which hit me, right? It’s my own mistake that I was careless when I crossed the road before.”

“But, it’s still…”

Onew cut her off. “Sssh! What did you do wrong? It isn’t your mistake. It’s just that I’m unlucky. In fact, it doesn’t matter as long as you’re here.” He held her hand and grinned.

Jessica chuckled. “But, are you sure you don’t want to go to the hospital? Are you going to be okay?” She looked at him in worry.

“Yes. I’ll just put the ailment when we get home.”

--------

Everyone was gathering at the living room, watching television but it was just to attract their attention to other things but they were still looked very gloomy, which meant they still couldn’t stop thinking about Jessica’s leaving. All of them didn’t have the energy and spirit to do their daily activities. Jessica just had left about a few hours but it already affected them this much.

However, Yoona didn’t seem as depressed as others. She did feel quite happy but Donghae said that it was still not confirmed since there might still be chance of Onew don’t have time to chase after her. Nevertheless, since she’s the only one didn’t look depressed, she stood out from others as the person who has good mood. She decided not to tell others first because she didn’t want to disappointed them later for unnecessary hope if there was no good news.

Then, she got a message on her cell phone. She checked it out and it was from Donghae. She smiled widely after reading his message as it seemed like she got a piece of good news. However, she decided to make a surprise for the girls by not telling about it.

Sunny was aware of Yoona’s smile. “Im Yoona, are you that happy?” She asked in jealousy.

“Huh?” Yoona looked around and it was indeed weird since she looked the only that happy while everyone else was so moody.

“It must be so nice for you.”

“Don’t worry, it will be a good news soon.”

“What are you talking about?” Taeyeon asked in confusion.

“Just wait.” Yoona smiled.

“Yoona-yah, what is it actually?” Tiffany asked in curiosity.

Yoona was just about to say something but she was stopped by a sound of knock on the door of the villa. “Here it is!” She said excitedly.

Everyone seemed confused of what actually going on with Yoona but they didn’t ask much as Yoona said it was involved to the unknown person who was knocking the door. Sunny went to open the door while everyone else was waiting in interest.

Sunny’s eyes went bigger after she opened the door. “Oh?” She was in disbelief.

Jessica just smiled widely seeing Sunny’s shocked expression. “What is this? You can’t recognize me already even I just went a few hours ago?” She made a disappointed expression.

“Ho… hold on, hold on, hold on! You… you…” Sunny kept stuttering as she was too shocked with Jessica’s unexpected appearance.

“Oh? It isn’t that Jessica’s voice?” Tiffany asked excitedly and immediately went to check it out. The girls followed behind her in excitement.

“Hi, guys!” Jessica greeted them happily.

“Wh… what happened?” Yuri asked in shock. Everyone seemed too shocked with her sudden appearance that they couldn’t talk properly.

Onew entered the villa and stood beside Jessica. “I stopped her.” He smiled proudly.

“That’s right! Good job!” Sunny patted Onew’s shoulder but it was quite a strong one.

“Ouch!” Onew exclaimed his pain as he held his shoulder.

“Wh… why?” Sunny looked at her hand in shock as she was surprised of herself how Onew looked so hurt with that. “What did I do?”

“Are you okay?” Jessica asked in worry. Onew just nodded with a small smile. The girls looked so confused that Jessica decided to explain. “He got hit a by a car on the way to the airport.”

“Really? I’m so sorry.” Sunny apologized sincerely.

“It’s okay.” He smiled to her.

“But, are you going to be okay, not going to hospital?”

“Yes. It isn’t too bad.” Onew replied.

“Then, I’ll put the medicine on him.” Jessica said to the girls.

----------

Jessica and Onew entered Jessica’s room to apply the medicine on the wound of Onew. He took a seat on her bed.

“Oh, yes. At the meantime, you can take off your shirt.” Jessica said in embarrassment.

“Ah, yes…” Onew replied shyly.

Jessica went out from her room to take the first aid kit box. Seeing she went out from her room, he took off his shirt slowly to make less pain. She went into her room again after a few minutes later with a first-aid kit box in her hand and a basin with water in her another hand. There was a small towel hanging on her shoulder as there were already two things in her hands.

“Oh! Are you okay?” Onew immediately got up to help her out.

“Yes, I’m okay.” She grinned as she gave him the basin. “Now, sit.” She ordered him cutely like a mother ordering her son. He chuckled as he sat on the side of her bed. She took a chair and placed it in front of him before taking a seat. She took his hurt hand and immersed it into the basin containing the water to wipe off the blood.

“Ouch!” Onew suddenly exclaimed when his hurt hand touched the water.

“Oh! It hurts?!” She asked in worry and looked at him apologetically.

“No, it’s okay.”

Jessica tried her best to do it as gentle as she could to let him felt less pain. After that, she wiped his hand with the towel and bandaged it. “Ok.” She said after she’s done bandaging it. “Now, turn around.” She asked him to have his back on her. “Omo! Your wound is quite…” She looked very surprised that his wound looked worse that she thought it would be.

“Oh, really? No wonder I feel very hurt.” He replied calmly like it wasn’t a big deal.

“Yah! You’re too much!” She purposely patted his shoulder.

“Ouch!” He held his shoulder at where Jessica patted. “What did I do?!” He asked innocently.

“You keep saying that it isn’t too bad. We should have gone to the hospital! What if it get worse?!” She gave him a piece of her minds. “I really wonder how you can carry me at the airport despite your condition like this.”

“But, I like you treat me better than the nurse at the hospital.” He replied.

“Aigoo, seriously…” However, she couldn’t deny her smile that showed how she touched of his words.

She gently applied the medicine on the bruises on his shoulder and his back. After that, she put the plaster on them. “Ok, I’m done.”

Onew turned around, facing Jessica. He stared into her eyes lovingly. “Why?” Jessica asked while raising her eyebrows.

“I’m sorry…” He held both of her hands. “… for hurting you this time. I wasn’t able to understand your heart.”

Jessica smiled while pouting her lips. “That’s really nice you know it.”

“I promise I won’t hurt you again.”

“You are dead if you don’t keep your promise!” She said firmly. He chuckled while giving a nod.

Suddenly, there was someone opening the door which shocked both of them. “Oppa, are you here?!” Sulli asked loudly.

“You startled me!” Onew said to Sulli while sighing.

“ARGH!” Sulli shouted after seeing her brother was shirtless especially when he was alone with Jessica. “What are you guys doing?!” She immediately covered her eyes with her hands.

“Su… Sulli-yah, that’s not what you think.” Jessica felt so weird after Sulli gave the reaction like they were doing something unsuitable for her to see. She got up and approached Sulli. “I just apply medicine on your brother’s wound.”

“WHAT?!” Sulli asked in shock while putting down her hands. She observed Onew’s condition and she just realized that there were quite a lot of plaster on his body and one of his hands was bandaged. “Oppa, what happened?!” She rushed to sit beside him.

“Well… I got hit by a car on my way to the airport.”

“Are you okay?”

“Yes, it’s not too much and don’t tell mom about this, ok? I’m really fine. I don’t want her to worry for me.”

“Alright oppa.”

Jessica took a seat beside Sulli. “Don’t worry. He’s fine now. I had put the medicine on him.” Jessica put her hand on Sulli’s shoulder.

“Oh, unnie! It’s nice that you’re here!” Sulli said excitedly while hugging Jessica tightly. “I had threatened oppa that I won’t let he go home if he doesn’t bring you back! Luckily, you’re here now.” Jessica just smiled widely as she took a look at Onew when hearing what she said.

-----------

Not having anything to do and being happy again after Jessica got back, Sunny decided to go to Super Boys’ villa to meet Sungmin. She knocked the door of his room. “Come in.” She heard his voice replying to her knock before opening the door.

“What are you doing?” She asked curiously what he was doing with the guitar in his hand as his eyes were on the screen of the computer.

“Oh, I’m just spending my time composing a song.” He pointed to a chair at the corner of his room, asking her to take that chair to sit.

“Yah~ what kind of boyfriend are you? You can’t even take a chair for your girlfriend.” Sunny muttered cutely like a kid.

Sungmin looked at her while raising one of his eyebrows. “What’s wrong with you today?” However, he gave her his chair while chuckling and he took the chair at the corner of his room, putting it beside her.

She took a look at the music sheet in interest. She was sure this was the first time he’s trying to compose his own music. She was wondering if he thought of anyone while composing that song. She asked indirectly since she didn’t want to embarrass herself. “I’m just asking this…”

“Hm.” He nodded as he looked into her eyes.

“When we write a song, we must think about someone, isn’t it?” Sungmin’s expression slightly changed like he knew what exactly was on her minds. “I… I meant… when we think about someone, it’s easier to write the lyric, isn’t it?”

“Yes.” He smiled as he could see clearly she was curious if he did write the song for her. “Anyways, why are you asking about that?”

“Nothing, I just want to know.” She forced a smile.

“Ok.” He just replied shortly and continued giving his focus on composing the song. He purposely pretended not to be interested why she suddenly asked that kind of questions.

She waited for him to say something about the song but he just ignored it totally. She threw an angry look at him who just looked calm. She had lost her temper. “Yah!” She hit his shoulder strongly.

“Ouch!” He rubbed his shoulder. “Ah, what did I do?!”

“Bad guy!” She said angrily while folding her arms with angry expression on her face.

“Ceh!” He let out a chuckle. “That’s right. I compose this song for you.” He said to her. Her eyes got widened hearing his confession. She stared at him. “That’s what you want to hear, right?”

“What?! What do you mean by what I want to hear?!” Sunny burst into anger again. “You, seriously…”

Sungmin laughed as he added, “Alright. I really compose this song for you.” He convinced her that he was talking the truth. “Why are you beating around the bush? Just ask directly.” He continued to laugh.

“Ceh!” However, she couldn’t hide her happiness after hearing that. “Then, can you sing it for me now?” She looked very interested.

“I’m not done yet. Maybe next week? I want to make it perfect.”

“Alright, I look forward for it.”

Sungmin was focusing on his song back. She just stared at him doing it attentively. She really liked this side of him who worked very hard on something. However, he was focusing too long on that song that Sunny just fall asleep.

After he’s done doing a part of the song, he stretched in satisfy. “Hiyah~” He took a look at Sunny which made him realized that she was already sleeping while leaning against the chair.

He unconsciously smiled as he saw her cute face when sleeping. He moved her hair bangs as it covered her eye. He drew his face closer to hers and gave a kiss on her cheeks.

Actually, he woke her up. “Oh!” She opened her eyes in shock. His eyes got bigger seeing her awake which he immediately pretended to focus back on his song. She did feel something as she touched her cheek. “What happened?” She asked while looking at Sungmin who looked quite anxious.

“O… oh! You’re awake!” He pretended to just know that she already woke up. “Did you sleep well?”

Sunny sensed Sungmin was behaving strangely like he just wanted to hide something. “Yah, what did you do?”

“Wh… what? I did nothing. I just focus on this.” He pointed to the music sheet.

“Really?” He nodded hesitantly as the answer of her question. “Then, why did you turn red?” She saw his cheeks even his ears had turned redder than before. “What?! Are you trying to pull a prank on me? Do you put something on my cheek?!” She asked angrily. She seemed really clueless that he kissed her on cheek.

“Aish, why are you making a fuss such a trivial thing like that?” He asked in frustration. He kissed her once again on the cheek. Her eyes got widened and she looked at him while blinking her eyes faster. “I did that, why?!” She got speechless. “You’re really too much, you know?! If you did feel something touch your cheek, instead of my lips, how can you think it’s other thing?! Do you know how precious my lips is?!”

“Ceh!” She smiled widely later hearing his joke. “Aigoo! If you want to kiss me, why did it when I was sleeping? Coward!” She gave a gentle push on his right side of head with her hand.

“Aish, what the…” He put away her hand from his head and held it briefly before letting it go slowly. She just laughed happily.

----------

It was another day at school. During recess, Hyunjoong and Tiffany sat under the tree which usually the place Hyunjoong frequently spent time at when he had free time. They were eating the food that Hyunjoong just bought at the canteen for both of them.

“Ah, it’s really delicious! Seriously, it’s really delicious!” Tiffany kept repeating it as she was eating the food.

Hyunjoong chuckled seeing how she ate it hungrily like she hadn’t been eating for a few days. “Are you that hungry?”

“Yes.” She made a sad face while pouting her lips. “I didn’t take my breakfast this morning. I woke up a bit late today.” She grinned.

“Do you have anything to do after school today?” He asked.

“So far…” She thought as she was silent. “I don’t have anything. Why?”

“Want to go out?”

“Ok, sure. That’s really a nice idea since I was unable to fulfill my promise last time.”

He seemed very happy that she accepted it. Then, he said after for a moment. “I want to ask something about your boyfriend, Mice.”

Tiffany’s eyes got bigger hearing Hyunjoong pronounced Mike’s name. “Yah! It’s Mike! I had said many times that my boyfriend is not some kind of animal!”

 “Ok, ok. Whatever. How long have you known him?”

“Hm…” She was thinking. “I think I have known him since three months ago and he becomes my boyfriend one month after our first meeting. So, around two months since we become lovers.”

“Really?” He obviously didn’t too happy to talk about that topic. However, he was so curious to know about Mike since he was worried for Tiffany in case Mike might be a bad guy.

“However, I don’t see him too much since we become lovers because I came to Korea last month.”

“So, why do you believe him so much?”

“What do you mean?” Tiffany seemed quite shocked of his unexpected question.

“You let him to stay at your apartment.”

“That’s because there is no one there. Why should I let it be empty?” She couldn’t understand how he came to ask that kind of question. “You’re asking that kind of question like I’m staying at my apartment together with him.”

“I’m just worried about you. It hasn’t been long since you know him. Who know he might do something to you.”

“Something? Are you meaning in a bad way?” Tiffany chuckled. “I can’t believe that I hear about this from someone who just meet him once. How came you think of him like that?”

“You know what, you must not believe him completely. You won’t know what is really on his minds.”

“You know what, I think you shouldn’t think badly of someone. I really know him. He’s different from any guy that I found at California, ok?”

“It’s not I want to think badly of him. Sometimes, it’s better to be careful. I want to ask you. Is having a bad impression on someone who is nice, is better or having a nice impression on someone who is bad?” Tiffany was silent hearing him talking. “You won’t get hurt by having a bad impression on someone who is nice but, you definitely will hurt believing someone who is bad.” He continued, “I don’t ask you to think badly of him, I just want you to be careful around him, that’s all.”

Tiffany looked into his eyes. “Are you maybe… jealous?” She asked while raising one of her eyebrows.

“W…why… why are you asking about that?! Of course not! Why should I be jealous for a girl like you?” He tried his best to hide it.

“Wh… what?! A girl like me?!” Tiffany asked in disbelief. “Why?! What’s wrong with me that you dislike me that much?!”

“Th… that’s not what I meant. You’re the one taking it the wrong way.”

Tiffany looked so mad of him. “Alright, I don’t find any reason why you should go out with a girl like me after the school ended.”

“That… that’s great! I also don’t feel like going out!” He added angrily after she refused.

“Ok! Hmph!” Tiffany turned around.

“Hmph!” Hyunjoong also turned around. Their backs were facing each other’s back.

Eunyoung spotted Hyunjoong and Tiffany under the tree and she walked towards them. “Hi, guys! What are you doing?” She greeted excitedly.

There was no reply from both of them. It looked like Eunyoung was an invisible to them and they couldn’t hear anything what she said. She was aware of the bad atmosphere around Hyunjoong and Tiffany which gave her the direct clue what was going on.

“AGAIN?!!!” Eunyoung asked in disbelief.”How come you guys always argue with each other?! I really don’t understand it! It’s really your hobby, huh?! It still not passes a week… I meant it’s only a day since you made up and again…?! Are you cat and dog, huh?! Aish… I’m seriously…” Eunyoung took a seat in the middle between Hyunjoong and Tiffany. “Ok, now…” She took a deep breath to calm down herself. “Tell me what happened again. Does it because of a silly trivial thing again?”

“I don’t know…” Hyunjoong got up. “You should ask her.” He added coldly before walking away.

Tiffany just stared at him in disappointed until he disappeared from the sight. Eunyoung looked at Tiffany. “He looked really mad. What did you do?”

“Hey, do you think it’s my fault?!” Tiffany slightly raised her voice as she thought it was not entirely her fault.

“Ok, then… what actually happened?”

“He kept talking that I should be careful around my boyfriend.”

“Well… I think it’s because your boyfriend is different, I meant different from us.” Somehow, Eunyoung tried to defend Hyunjoong.

“What?”

“Yes, he is American, isn’t he?”

“But, that doesn’t make any much difference to the point that he can think badly about my boyfriend. I mean, he just met Mike once but he…”

“Aigoo, Fany-ah, I think he’s just jealous, don’t you think so?”

“Well… you know, I asked him directly if he was jealous…” Eunyoung looked so interested of what Tiffany was going to say. “… and he said that why he should be jealous for a girl like me?! For a girl like me?! Do you know how I would feel after hearing what he said?!”

“I’m sure he said like that just because he was angry that you sided your boyfriend. How can you don’t get it? I’m sure he has fallen in love with you.” Eunyoung added boldly.

“Ceh!” Tiffany faked a chuckle because deep in her heart, she really hoped that what Eunyoung said became the truth. “You are really talking nonsense!”

“Yah, I’m not talking nonsense…” She continued while looking directly into Tiffany’s eyes. “I’m sorry to Mike but I really want to know about this. How about you? Are you sure you don’t feel anything towards Hyunjoong?”

“Yah! You are seriously…” Tiffany suddenly burst into mad.

“Why? I just want to know.” Eunyoung replied while shrugging.

“Aigoo, if I stay here, I will just go insane.” Tiffany got up and immediately walked away in rush.

Eunyoung just laughed after Tiffany gave such an intense reaction to her question. However, Tiffany didn’t know that she had given her real answer to Eunyoung by avoiding the question.

----------

After the class ended, Yuri was walking at the corridor with a guy who seemed like her classmates while discussing to him about something.

“So, are you going to help me?” That guy asked Yuri excitedly.

“Yes, sure, if I have time.” Yuri replied while smiling.

“Oh, thank you so much!” That guy replied while giving a tight hug to Yuri suddenly.

“OH!” Yuri looked really shocked. He really hugged her tightly until the book in Yuri’s hand had fallen to the floor. She didn’t know what to do which she ended up freezing in his embrace.

He finally let go of Yuri. “I’m really thankful. Thanks!” Yuri just nodded with a stiff smile on her face. The guy walked away while smiling widely.

Yuri picked up the books that were on the floor. As she picked them up, she saw a pair of legs which stood exactly in front of her. She slowly lifted her head up and her eyes moved from the legs to the face. “Oh!” She grinned happily. “Minho! I miss you!” She gave him a tight hug.

However, Minho’s expression didn’t seem too good compared to her. “Hold on, hold on…” He gently let himself escape from her hug.

Yuri seemed a bit shocked of his reaction but she didn’t think too much of it as she was so happy to see sound and safe like before he got hurt. “Anyways, what are you doing here? I thought you’re going to school starting tomorrow.”

“I just came to report my condition to my teacher… anyways, that’s not the main point here.” He looked so serious which actually scared Yuri a bit with that kind expression which he never gave it to her before. “Who is that guy?”

“Who?” A frown could be seen on her face. “Ah, that guy… he’s my classmate.”

“Are you guys close?”

“We’re not close. We just talk a bit like that…hm, like common classmates.”

“Then, why did he hug you?!” He slightly raised his voice and he looked quite angry.

“Hey, I’m shocked too you know. I never thought that he would do that. I just agreed that I will help him to study, that’s all. And, maybe… he was just too happy.”

“Then, why did you accept his hug?!”

“What do you mean by accept? I didn’t hug him back. I just stay still.”

“But…” Minho still wanted to protest but Yuri cut him off first.

“And, do you expect me to push him? How can I do that?” Minho kept sighing as he was trying to calm down himself. “What is this? Are you that jealous?” Yuri held his arm while smiling cutely.

However, Minho still seemed unsatisfied. “Does he know you already have boyfriend?”

“Not sure… but I think he doesn’t know.”

“Aish, it can’t be…”

“Why?”

“He might carry feelings for you.”

“No, we are just classmates.” Yuri smiled widely when she saw his jealousy. “Besides, I’m not close with him, ok?”

“It still…”

“Don’t you believe me?” She held his hand while looking into his eyes lovingly.

“I believe you but… I don’t believe other guys! They might have been thinking to pursue you. Let’s go!” Minho started walking and pulled Yuri along with him.

“Hold on! Where are we going?”

“You will know it soon.”

---------

Thank you so much for your support! ^_^ Please comment, I'm open to any kind of comment to enable me to improve.