Chapter 24

The Magicians of Love

[At hospital]

Donghae was running towards the surgery room. His heart was beating faster as he was too nervous to know Yoona’s operation succeeded or not. He tried to think positively but he couldn’t deny that sometimes negative things would come to his mind. Then, he stopped running in front of Yuri as Yuri was the nearest person from him. He was standing in front of her while trying to catch his breath. “H… how about Yoona?” Donghae asked Yuri while he still being out of breath. He was not too nervous and afraid as before because he could see happy expression on everyone’s face. He expected a good answer for his question, the answer that he really wanted.

“She’s okay!!!” Yuri exclaimed while smiling happily.

“Donghae! Yoona is saved!!!” Wooyoung shouted happily while jumping and waving his hands in the air.

“WOOYOUNG! We are in hospital right now! Don’t talk too loud!” Taeyeon advised in higher voice while tapping Wooyoung.

“Why not?! I’m too happy for our friends!” Wooyoung exclaimed and then he kissed Taeyeon’s forehead.

Taeyeon was very shocked of what Wooyoung had done. “Wooyoung! What are you doing?!” Taeyeon said while tapping Wooyoung once again. She looked embarrassed and her cheek turned red.

“Yes, I agree with Wooyoung!” Sungmin exclaimed and then he put his hand onto Sunny’s shoulder without realizing she was standing beside him.

“Yes!” Sunny also exclaimed happily and she also didn’t realize Sungmin who was the person that put his hand onto her shoulder.  Then, Sungmin and Sunny looked into each other’s eyes. Sungmin quickly put his hand off from Sunny’s shoulder. Their hearts were beating faster. They looked very nervous.

‘Oh… what I have done?!’ Sungmin thought.

“Donghae, can I discuss something with you?” suddenly Yuri asked Donghae.

“Oh! Okay,” Donghae was a bit startled as he didn’t expect it. He also agreed because he didn’t hate her anymore. He didn’t know why but his anger for her was gone and he thought she would change for Yoona. “What it is?”

“I think it is better if we are alone,” Yuri said.

---------

[Outside hospital, at mini park of the hospital area]

Yuri and Donghae were sitting on a bench under a shady tree. They were facing each other. “I think it is the time to tell you the truth,” Yuri said while looking at Donghae.

“Huh?! What did you mean? I… I don’t understand,” Donghae said while frowning.

“Actually, I am your FAKE fiancée,” Yuri said calmly.

“WHAT?!!!” Donghae asked in unbelievable voice while raising his eyebrows.

“Your mom asked me to pretend as your fiancée because she wants me to investigate either Yoona really loves you or she just wants your wealth. Now, I have investigated everything and I know Yoona really love you. Besides, she is my friend. I know her. She won’t do that,” Yuri explained.

“Are you serious or joking?!” Donghae asked while starring at Yuri.

“Of course I’m serious!” Yuri exclaimed.

“So, that means you don’t like me, right?” Donghae asked and then, he hove a relief sigh. “Actually, I’m quite guilty after knowing that you like me.” Suddenly, Yuri broke into tears. “Yuri, why did you cry?!” Donghae asked Yuri in anxious voice while wiping her tears with his finger.

“I also think like that first… but… I… I… don’t know since when I started to like you,” Yuri said to Donghae with her teary eyes. “What’s wrong with me?!” she said to herself while wiping her tears after she couldn’t control her tears.

“I’m sorry,” he apologized as he felt very guilty.

“No, it’s okay! This is not your fault. My feeling for you is still new and I think as time goes by, it will disappear slowly,” Yuri replied and she still couldn’t control her tears. It was so hard for her to stop the tears. Anyways, Donghae still felt guilty. Then, he hugged Yuri to calm her down while tapping her back. Donghae knew Yuri is a cheerful person and it was very hard for her to cry. If she cry, that means she was really sad. Yuri pushed Donghae softly. “It’s okay. I think it’s better if you meet Yoona,” Yuri said.

Donghae stood up. “How about you?” he asked.

“You go first. I will follow later,” Yuri replied.

“Are you sure?” he asked once again to make sure.

“Yes,” she replied while nodding. “I can’t let Yoona see me in this condition.”

---------------

[In Yoona’s ward]

After Yoona heard someone was approaching her, she opened her heavy eyes. “Donghae…” she said while smiling.

Donghae smiled at her back and sat on the chair beside Yoona’s bed. He held Yoona’s hand and said, “I’m very happy as now you are okay.”

Yoona just replied him with a smile. Then, Yoona looked at the door after she heard someone was opening the door. She was shocked and her eyes went bigger as the person was Yuri. She quickly let her hand go from Donghae’s hand. “Yuri… we… we…” Yoona stuttered. She didn’t know what to explain.

“Am I disturbing?” Yuri asked while smiling.

“No. Come in!” Donghae replied.

Yuri approached them. “Donghae, tonight I will sleep here to take care of Yoona. Don’t need to worry, okay?”

“Okay!” he exclaimed. “I also want to go back first,” he said then he stood up. “Bye!” Then, he kissed Yoona’s forehead.

Yoona was a bit startled. Then, she said in higher voice, “Donghae!” She scolded him for what he had done in front of Yuri.

Then, Donghae walked away. Yuri sat on the chair which was beside Yoona’s bed. “Are you fine?” she asked Yoona while smiling widely.

“Don’t you angry?” Yoona asked.

“Huh?! For what?!” Yuri asked her back while frowning.

“Donghae is your fiancée!” Yoona said in higher voice.

“No.” Yuri replied while shaking her head. Then, she explained to Yoona everything.

“So, you don’t like Donghae, right?” Yoona asked after she heard what Yuri told her. Yuri was just silent since she didn’t know the best answer of Yoona’s question. She didn’t want to hurt her friend. “So, you really like him?” Yoona asked Yuri once again.

“Yoona, I… I’m sorry. I’m really sorry. I don’t do it on purpose. I know I shouldn’t like him. I also didn’t realize since when I started to like him. Don’t worry, I will never take him from you, I never thought to do it,” Yuri replied.

“But… what about you?” Yoona asked.

“Don’t worry. This feeling will disappear as time goes by. Maybe in future I will meet a man who is destined for me. Just forget that you know I like Donghae, okay? The most important, we meet again after 12 years and you are also okay now.”

“One more thing, we must look for Stephanie!“

-----------

[At Super Boys’ villa]

“Arghh!” Donghae who was leaning on sofa was shouting in satisfactory voice. He felt very relief as all the problems were gone. He felt all the burden that he was carrying on his shoulder during all this times, had disappeared. Besides, both his wishes that he wrote were already fulfilled. It had been a long time since he felt so happy.

“Donghae, I want to ask something. This thing really makes us going crazy,” Sungmin suddenly said.

“Huh?! Make you guys crazy?!” he asked in astonishment while frowning. “Well… about what?”

“Why, suddenly, Yoona and Yuri are close to each other? Besides, Yuri is spending a night at hospital to take care of her, right?” Onew asked.

“Did you guys see the wooden rings that Yoona and Yuri wear?” Donghae asked to Sungmin, Wooyoung and Onew.

“We see it! The rings are same!” Wooyoung exclaimed. “Did you give it to them?! As a sign that Yoona and Yuri are yours?!” he asked to jeer at Donghae.

“YAH!!! Don’t talk rubbish!!! What did you think I am?!!!” Donghae burst into angry after he heard what Wooyoung said. Then, Donghae threw the pillow towards Wooyoung.

Wooyoung avoided it and he laughed. “I’m just joking! So, what is the reason?”

“Actually, Yuri is Yoona’s childhood friend,” Donghae replied.

“FRIENDS?!!!” they asked in a shocked voice.

“Yes!” Donghae replied while nodding. “They are friends since they are children but when they are 6 years old, they need to separate. So, they made the wooden rings for each other. It would be easier to know each other when they grew up,” Donghae explained.

“Oh… it’s unbelievable!!! Your girlfriend and fiancée are good friends!” Sungming exclaimed.

“Yuri is not my fiancée anymore,” Donghae said.

“She is not you fiancée anymore? That means your family finally decided to stop this wedding arrangement,” Onew said.

“Actually, she never becomes my fiancée. She just help my mother to investigate either Yoona really loves me or she just wants my wealth. She told everything to me just now,” Donghae replied.

“So, Yuri said that she loves you, also a lie?” Onew asked.

“She said at first, she didn’t have any feelings towards me but since when, she started to like me.”

“So, she just let go of you and accept your relationship with Yoona?” Sungmin asked.

“Yes, she said I don’t need to worry about her as her feeling towards me is still new and maybe it will disappear slowly. Nevertheless, she looked very sad when I talked to her and it looked very hard for her to stop the tears. I felt very guilty,” Donghae said.

“Donghae, I think she is right. Don’t need to worry! She is beautiful, she will find a guy who really loves her soon,” Wooyoung exclaimed.

“Did you mean the guy is you?!” Donghae asked while raising his eyebrows.

“If I really do that, you guys will see me again at graveyard! I will die in Taeyeon’s hand!” Wooyoung joked.

Everyone was laughing except for Onew. He looked like was thinking about something. As his curiosity increased, he asked a question, “Donghae, you said Yoona and Yuri made the wooden rings by themselves, right?”

“Yes,” Donghae replied while nodding. “Why? Anything’s wrong?”

“That means there are only 2 wooden rings in this world. But, I think I have seen the ring on others hand which is really same with the wooden rings that Yoona and Yuri wear,” Onew replied.

“No, actually there are 3 wooden rings altogether,” Donghae said.

“WHY?!!!” Everyone was very surprised after they heard what Donghae said just now.

“Yoona and Yuri still have one more friend, Stephanie. They separated on the same time.”

“Stephanie?! Is she an English girl?” Sungmin asked while frowning.

“No. She was born in Los Angeles. When she was 1 year old, Stephanie and her family moved to Korean and they stayed at near Yoona and Yuri’s house. Unfortunately, when she was 6 years old, their family need to move back to Los Angeles as her father needed to manage their company. If I not mistaken, her full name is Stephanie Hwang Miyoung. Until now, Yoona and Yuri still didn’t meet her,” Donghae explained.

“But, Onew said she have seen the same ring on someone else’s hand, right?! Who is she? Is her name Stephanie?!” Sungmin asked.

“I already forget who is her. Wait… I’ll try to remember,” Onew replied and then, he tried to think carefully who the girl that wore the ring was.

“Onew, quick! Who is she?!” Donghae asked eagerly.

“Please be patient! I’m trying!” Onew replied in higher voice.

A few minutes later, Wooyoung asked, “Onew, you can’t still remember?!”

“No, I can’t!” Onew replied while shaking his head.

“Wait… I want to ask… did you see the ring on the girl’s hand only one time or you have seen it for many times?” Wooyoung asked.

“I have seen it for many times. She is someone that I knew.”

“Who else that you knew besides Soshi Girls, Yoona and Yuri?”

“How about our classmates?!”

“I don’t think she is one of our classmates,” Onew replied.

“HEY!!! What about Tiffany?!!!” Wooyoung shouted happily.

“Oh, right! We forgot about Tiffany!” Donghae exclaimed happily. “Is the girl Tiffany?!” Donghae asked Onew eagerly.

Onew was thinking and then a few minutes later, he replied, “Yes! I think I have seen it on Tiffany’s finger!”

“But, the problem is her name is Tiffany not Stephanie. Onew, did you know Tiffany’s full name?”

“No, I never ask her about that.”

Then, they all were silent while thinking that things. It was more complicated when they knew Tiffany also wore that ring. Suddenly, Wooyoung said, “But, guys, don’t you think Tiffany and Stephanie are the same person?!”

“Huh?! Why did you think like that?!” Donghae asked him back.

“Just now, Donghae said Stephanie stays in Los Angeles, right? Tiffany also came from Los Angeles!” Wooyoung replied.

“Yes, you are right!”

“Name is not a big problem. Tiffany and Stephanie… Don’t you think it just her nickname?! Besides, the most important thing, if Tiffany is not Stephanie, how could she have that ring?! It makes sense, right?” Wooyoung added.

“Yes, I think you may be right. I think it easier if we just ask Tiffany. When she comes, we ask her,” Sungmin said.

“Yes, I agree!” Wooyoung and Onew agreed with that idea.

“No, we can’t do that! We must know the truth as soon as possible. I want to make Yoona happy! I want to help her! Her wish must be fulfilled!” Donghae protested.

“So, what you want to do?” Onew asked.

“We can’t wait her to come here. We must meet her. Besides, she didn’t come here for a few days, right?” Donghae replied.

“But, we didn’t have anything to contact her,” Sungmin added.

“She is studying in Ding Feng high school, right? We’ll go there!”

-------------

[The next day, at hospital, Yoona’s ward]

“Why don’t you go to school?” Yoona asked.

“Well… of course because I want to take care of you,” Yuri replied while smiling.

“Yuri, it’s okay. I’m fine,” Yoona said.

“No, I’ll take care of you,” Yuri responded. “Don’t worry! I’ll do anything for you, my best friend!” Yoona could just smile when she saw Yuri’s reaction. “But, I want to go out for a while, just for a while, okay? I promise I will return as soon as possible,” Yuri said.

“Yes, yes, yes. You can go. Don’t worry about me!” Yoona replied happily.

----------------

[Yuri’s P.O.V]

Today is a good day. I finally met my friend, Yoona! Now, she also is fine. It would be better if I also meet Stephanie. ‘Stephanie, where are you?! Please show yourself as soon as possible!’

I'm on the way to train station. The sky is so dark and the wind is blowing boisterously. It looks like the rain will fall on anytime. Nevertheless, my mood is still very good. I decide to run since the train almost departs. I don’t want to wait for next train as I want to accompany Yoona in hospital as soon as possible. I’m quite worried to leave her alone.

The door is just a few inch from my body. Luckily, I can manage to pass it safely. I heave a relief sigh.

[In the train]

I'm catching my breath since I ran just now. But, there are so many people in the train. I can move a little bit from my position. In this train, its condition likes a solid which the arrangement of the particles is close to each other. There ae many people surrounding me, keep pushing me. I go to left and right as they keep pushing me.

Suddenly, I can feel someone is pushing me so hard from my back. Because of that, I almost fall. I can see a guy is standing in front of me. I can’t see his face but I’m sure he is a guy based on his outer appearance. I don’t have other choice. I hug him to support my body from falling. Maybe because I hug him too tight, he loses his balance. So, finally, we both fall on the floor. I'm onto him and my head is resting on his chest. Everyone is looking at us.

“Ouch!” Minho said in pain voice while rubbing his head.

I can hear the guy is exclaiming his pain. Then, I support my body with my two hands are pressing the floor to keep my face’s distance from that guy face’s. Finally, I can see his face. We look into each other’s eyes. I stare at him in amazement.

‘Wow, he is so handsome,’ I thought.

“Miss?” Minho called Yuri since she still not got up. Yuri didn’t realize that he was calling for her as she was still staring at him. “Miss!” Minho called her louder this time.

“Oh!” Yuri finally realized and then, she quickly stood up and following by Minho. “I… I… I‘m sorry,” Yuri stuttered bashfully while bowing her head.

“It’s okay! Are you all right?” Minho asked while holding Yuri’s arm. He looked at Yuri.

Yuri looked upwards and their eyes met again for second time. “I… I’m okay.”

We are standing beside each other. I feel so awkward standing beside him. Sometimes, I will take a glance at him. ‘Oh  ~ , he is very handsome!’ I thought.

Then, the train stop as it arrive at the next station, which the station that I want to go. I exit from the train and I also notice that the guy is also exiting at the same station with me. I feel so happy. Then, I go to the left. Unfortunately, he goes to the opposite way. Our distance is further as we walk. I force myself to walk although my steps are very heavy.

“ Ahh!! That means I can’t meet him anymore. Hish! I’m so stupid! Why I didn’t ask his name at least?! YAH!!! KWON YURI, YOU ARE SO STUPID!!! I was very angry at myself.

I'm waiting at the side of the station. It is raining like cats and dogs. I can’t walk to the hospital in this condition and I don’t bring my umbrella. I promised to Yoona it won’t be long but it has been 2 hours! Suddenly, I feel someone is standing beside me. I turn my body towards him. I'm very surprised when I'm seeing him and my eyes go bigger. OH! It’s the same guy that I bumped in the train! What is he doing here again?! I stare at him again without blinking my eyes.  Then, I'm seeing him are taking off his jacket. OH! What is he doing?! I keep thinking ert things! Yah, Kwon Yuri!!! Get hold of yourself!!!

“Take this!” Minho said to Yuri.

“Huh? Why? Em… I…” Yuri stuttered.

“You can use this to cover yourself when running in the rain,” Minho explained. “Just take it!”

Yuri still looked like a clueless person. She still didn’t know what to do. Then, Minho grabbed her hand and gave his jacket to her. “Use this, okay?” Minho advised her.

“Why he is so kind to me?! He gives me his jacket. I can’t believe it!!! Am I dreaming?!” Yuri thought.

Before he goes away, he give me a sweet smile. Oh, his smile can kill me! Then, he goes away. I get my second chance but I still didn’t ask his name. I tried to do so but my mouth was kept silent when I was in front of him. I couldn’t utter any words in front of him.

One more thing, what is this sound? I keep hearing it since he was standing in front me. I also hear this sound when I bumped into him in the train. I wonder where this sound come from and why this sound only come when he is near at me. Then, I notice that the sound come from my chest. It is the sound that my heart make.  MY HEART BEAT!!! My heart is beating faster because of him!!!

[End of Yuri’s P.O.V]