Chapter 66

The Magicians of Love

Like his every day routine, every time Minho went to the school, he would always be circled by his fan-girls before he could go to his class.

“Minho oopppaaa!!!” Those girls fought with each other as they tried to approach Minho. They tried to get a handshake from Minho every day. He treated each of his fan girls nicely and gave them handshake as well as never forget to flash his killer smile.

Finally, after 15 minutes later, he was able to escape from the ‘fan-sign’ event. “So tired today~” He sighed as there were a lot girls than usual, it seemed like every day, his fanclub had become bigger. He was about to walk and spotted his classmate. “Yoojin-ah.”

“Oh, Choi Minho.” She smiled at him.

“What are you doing here?” He wondered who she was waiting for.

“Oh, my mother. I forget to bring my lunch and my mom stubbornly to send it to me even though I asked her not to.”

“I see… Your mother is so kind, she must love you a lot.”

“Ah, yes…” She smiled shyly.

“Yoojin-ah!” Suddenly, they heard an old woman’s voice.

“Mom, you have come!” She spotted her mother who was walking quickly towards her and Minho.

“This is your lunch.” Her mother handed her the lunch box. And, then she spotted Minho who was standing beside her. “Who is this?”

“Oh, he is my classmate.” She introduced Minho.

“Hello, auntie. I’m Choi Minho, nice to meet you.” He greeted cheerfully while giving 90° bow.

“So handsome and well-mannered!” She patted Minho’s cheek gently as she praised him fondly. Minho replied her compliment with a wide smile. “You really have good eyes and taste for men.” She said to her daughter. “He will be the best choice as my future son-in-law!”

“Eh?!” Minho and Yoojin blurted out in unison.

“Yah, why don’t you tell me that you have gotten yourself such a nice guy as your boyfriend? You should have introduced him earlier to me!” She hit her daughter lightly.

Yoojin immediately explained, “Mom, it’s not like that, we don’t have that kind of relationship. We are just classmates.”

“Aigoo, do you have to lie to me when it’s just too obvious?”

“Mom, I’m telling the truth! Aish, you are really embarrassing me.” She looked at Minho with apologetic face. “I’m really sorry, my mom always acted like this.”

“It’s okay.” Minho didn’t look angry at all, he just smiled.

“Why are you apologizing to him?”

“Mom, that’s enough. Let’s go!” She eventually had to drag her mother away.

Minho chuckled seeing these daughter and mother. Suddenly, he heard a voice appearing behind him.

“Wow, it must be nice!”

He immediately turned around and saw someone who was staring at him with serious expression as she folded her arms. “Oh, Yuri-ah!” He was just too happy to see her that he was unaware of her expression. He approached her quickly like a little kid running towards his mother.

“It must be nice isn’t it? To be liked by many girls and to be the best choice by mothers.”

“Eh? You have been watching over me for that long?”

“Why? I can’t do that? Afraid that you might do something that I can’t know about it?”

“Of course you can. I mean, you can just immediately come to me at the moment you saw me.”

“Yah, is that important right now? That’s not my point!” She meant that she was emphasizing the situation with the girls and his classmate’s mother.

He rested his arm around her shoulder while grinning widely. “Jealous?”

Her expression immediately changed. “Wh… when I get jealous? Of course not!” She kept stuttering which showed obviously her real feelings.

Minho just laughed as he was just too happy to see her getting jealous.

“What?! You laugh?!” She looked at him disbelief. “Is this funny to you?”

“I just love it that you get jealous!” He said with a grin on his face.

“Hang on, I already said that I’m not je…”

He cut her off. “Because you look so cute when you get jealous!” He pinched her cheek gently.

With his compliment, it seemed like she couldn’t help being happy and naturally, her anger was gone no. She tried her best to hide her smile. “H… hold on, don’t change the topic…”

He flashed a wide smile when seeing her cute reaction as she tried her best to keep angry and serious expression on her face which obviously didn’t succeed. However, he still tried to make her feel better. “Don’t you be happy that there are lot of persons who like your boyfriend?”

“Am I crazy? Why should I be happy?! Of course, I would feel uneasy and worried!”

“No, I mean, look at the bright side, you are the one that I choose among all these girls, you are lucky, isn’t it?” He asked proudly.

“What the… are you trying to comfort me or what? Me too! I also have a lot of guys who like me!”

“I know. That’s why, we both are lucky for choosing each other.”

“Then… how about the situation with your classmate and her mother?” Her face become serious again.

“Huh? What about it?”

“Why don’t you say anything about it and explain to her mother? Why do you just keep quiet and smile like it’s really the truth?”

“I won’t be able to say anything.” He said while making puppy face.

“Why you can’t?” However, Yuri still was very serious about it and asked for further information.

“Because… because she looks so nice and happy. How can I… how can I just upset her?”

“Yah! You’re giving hope to her and later she would have been more upset if she finds it out later!”

“But… her daughter has explained to her, isn’t it? Don’t worry too much. I won’t leave you for other girl.” He added while grinning.

She explained, “I’m being this way not because I’m jealous, it’s just that I want to know the truth, understand?”

“Yes~” He just nodded to make her feel better though he was really sure she acted that way because of jealousy. Nevertheless, he felt very happy when he saw her getting jealous.

“Then, see you later.” She tried to walk away but he didn’t let go of her hand.

She turned around. “Huh? Why?”

He found it was weird that she was walking oppositely to the direction towards her class. “Where are you going? Isn’t your class on that way?”

“Oh, I don’t have class this morning. I am going to the music room, to practice playing piano. Then… I’m off first. See you later.”

She was about to go but she involuntary bounced back towards him as he was still holding onto her hand tightly. She laughed happily seeing how he insisted to let her go.

“Yah~ you are going to be late for your class. It’s not like we aren’t going to meet later.” She advised him though she herself looked happy.

He smiled mischievously. He let go of her hand, approached her and turned her around. “Let’s go!” He said excitedly while pushing her gently, asking her to continue walking.

“Oh? Where?” Yuri looked very confused but she was still walking forward due to Minho’s gentle push.

“To music room of course.”

“Eh? You’re coming with me?”

“Yes, I really miss seeing you playing piano.”

“Hang on.” She finally stopped him from letting him continued pushing her. “Are you going to skip your class?”

“Of course not, my class also is cancelled too.”

“Really? Let’s go!”

-------

Yuri and Minho sat on the chair. “Do you have any song that you want to request? Today, I’ll give a special performance for my special boyfriend.” She patted his cheek gently.

“There is one song that I want you to play it for me. It’s my favourite.”

“What song?” She looked attentively at him to find out his favourite song and she wanted to remember it forever.

“Canon.”

“Oh, that song~ I know it! Here we go!” She said excitedly as that song was also one of the songs that she always practiced.

She started playing the piano and let herself immersed into that song. The sound produced enough for Minho to not keep his eyes away from her even for a second. He just stared at her playing the piano without blinking his eyes in amazement. She looked very gorgeous and pretty.

“How is it?” She asked him, anticipating for a compliment after finishing playing that song.

“That’s my girl!” He said proudly while her hair on top of her head. She crinkled her nose while grinning.

“Actually, there is something I want to tell you. It’s a good news!”

“What is it?!” Her eyes sparkled at the word of good news.

“Yesterday, I met with Seokyun for the next test.”

“Again?!” She asked in annoyance. “He’s really... Did he need to go that far?” She looked into his eyes. “Did he ask you to do something nonsense again?”

“No, don’t worry.”

“How can that it be the good news?” She muttered as he made her felt excited for nothing.

“I didn’t tell the good news yet.”

“Oh? Then, what it is?” She looked excited again.

“Your brother has approved me as your boyfriend!”

“Oh, really?! Th... then, then, you passed all his tests?!” She looked in disbelief and at the same time, in excitement.

“Of course.” He replied proudly.

“That’s really great!” She grinned widely. “Then, he is fond of you now?”

“I think so.” He nodded proudly. Seeing Yuri just looked happy and smiled without doing anything further, he asked, looking slightly mad. “What is this? Don’t I deserve to get reward?” He spread out his arms, asking her to give him a hug cutely like a baby.

She laughed. “Yes~ I get it.” She leaned herself into his embrace and wrapped her arms around his back. “Good job!” She patted his back. He smiled widely in satisfaction.

They let go of each other. “Do you think we should go out together with Seokyun and also Jooyeon? It would be nice for them to know each other, isn’t it?” Minho suggested. “Besides, Jooyeon had asked me so much to see you.”

“Ok, that’s a great idea. Then, how about this evening?”

“No problem. So, where are we going?”


“Since we are going with Seokyun and Jooyeon, I don’t have a better place in my mind except amusement park.”

“Ok, it’s decided then.”

------------

Minho and Jooyeon were already at the amusement park and now, they were waiting for Yuri and Seokyun.

“Oppa, we’re really going to meet Pretty unnie here?” Jooyeon looked so happy and excited.

“Yes but you’re not going to meet her only. She also brings someone along.”

“Oh? Who is it?”

“You’ll know when they come. Oppa will introduce you to him.”

Minho looked around, looking for any trace of Yuri or Seokyun. And just then, he spotted Yuri who was also looking for him. “Yuri-ah!” He called for her while waving his hand in the air to attract her attention.

Yuri was aware of him and immediately came closer. “Oh, Jooyeon-ah!” She squatted down in front of Jooyeon and gave a hug to her.

“Pretty unnie! I really miss you so much!”

Yuri let her go. “Me too~” She said cutely. “Have you been fine?”

“Yes!”

“Kwon Yuri, how can you ignore your boyfriend and went to her first?!” Minho looked sulky.

“Aigoo, oppa! You are so childish.” Jooyeon said.

“What?! I’m childish?!” Minho asked in disbelief.

Yuri laughed. “How fascinating it is, to hear ‘childish’ word from a small girl to a grown-up guy!”

“Anyways, did you come alone? Where is Seokyun?” He looked around, making sure Yuri was just alone before asking.

“He goes to the toilet for a while. He will come here soon.”

“Oh? Seokyun? Who is that?” Jooyeon asked while looking at Yuri.

“He’s my dongsaeng.”

“Noona!” From far away, they could Seokyun’s voice as he headed towards them.

“Oh, here he comes.”

Seokyun stood beside Yuri as he was facing Minho and Jooyeon. Jooyeon and Seokyun took a look at each other. “OH?!!!” They looked very shocked and pointed towards each other.

Minho and Yuri looked very confused with their dongsaeng’s reaction. “Eh? You guys know each other?” Yuri asked.

“Y... yes...” Seokyun smiled shyly. “We are schoolmates actually.”

“Oh, really?” Yuri and Minho seemed so pleased with this unexpected coincidence.

“Then, noona... Jooyeon and I will be going to play by ourselves. I give as much as time to you to spend with your boyfriend.” Seokyun approached Jooyeon and grabbed her hand. “Jooyeon-ah, let’s go.”

“Hang on, hang on!” Yuri stopped them. “Eh? What is this?” She looked so confused of what was going on right now, it was just too fast for her to think rationally.

“It’s okay. We can play by ourselves.” Seokyun explained. “Besides, noona must be very happy to spend time with hyung alone, isn’t it?”

“That isn’t my point right now. You both are still kids. How can we let you guys go alone at public place like this? You guys might be lost.”

“Noona, don’t treat me like a kid.” Seokyun muttered.

“Yah, Kwon Seokyun, you are really funny!” Yuri replied sarcastically. “For crying out loud, you are 10 years old! How can I treat 10 years old kid like an adult?”

“Noona, I can take care of myself and even Jooyeon, don’t worry.”

As Seokyun being so stubborn, Yuri didn’t have other choice except to follow what he wanted. “Alright...” She sighed. “If there is any problem, call noona immediately, get it?”

“Yes, I get it!” Seokyun replied excitedly. “Then, we are going first.” He and Jooyeon walked away to play by themselves.

Minho and Yuri just stared at them until they disappeared from the sight. He chuckled as he found it was so funny and absurd. “How can he be so nice to us? He let us to spend time alone!”

Yuri just sighed. “No, it’s not that he let us to be alone. Instead, he wants to be alone with Jooyeon.”

“What?!” Minho asked in disbelief, listening to what Yuri just said made him so shocked.

“Actually, when I last went to my home, I saw the picture that Seokyun drew of him and a girl. Now, I’m sure Jooyeon is that girl.” She let out a chuckle since she still found this fact was just too shocking and unexpected.

“Really? Then... then... they like each other?” Minho asked in surprise.

“I think so.” She nodded.

“Wow, what a coincidence!” Minho added in astonishment. “Anyways, it’s nice, isn’t it? Even our dongsaeng have that kind of relationship.”

“Yes... but I’m just worried that... you can see how Seokyun acts... he acts like he is grown-up already when he is still a kid!”

“Don’t worry too much.” Minho patted Yuri’s shoulder. “When a man is in love, he will mature quickly.”

“Really?” Yuri gave unsure look to Minho. “I think you become more childish.” She chuckled as she looked into his eyes.

“Yes~ I’m childish because you turned me into one...” He wrapped his arm around her neck. “Then, let’s spend our time alone~” He said playfully.

“Yah, what are you talking about? Aigoo!” She patted his tummy. They both laughed happily. All of a sudden, Yuri suggested. “Let’s go ride roller-coaster!”

“What?!” Minho asked in shock as he never expected that she wanted to ride it.

“Let’s go!” She linked arm with him and dragged him.

“Hang on! Hang on!” He stopped her immediately. “Out of all the games, why roller-coaster?”

“Because it’s the most fun!” She replied excitedly.

“Instead of that, why don’t we ride other game?” He asked hesitantly.

“Why? I really want to ride roller-coaster.” She pouted her lips cutely. She found it was strange that he kept protesting. “Do you still feel uncomfortable about your leg? Does it still hurt?” She suddenly looked worried.

“No, no, of course. I’m completely fine.”

“Then?” She raised her eyebrows, wondering why he tried to avoid it. The sparkle suddenly appeared in her eyes. “Don’t tell me... you are afraid?!”

“W... wh... what?!” He asked in shock like he was just caught. “O... of... of course not! Wh... what are yo... you talking about? It’s j... just... roller coaster!” He kept stuttering.

“Then, what is the problem?” Yuri really didn’t understand what the problem was that resisted him from riding roller coaster.

“Oh? Problem?” He didn’t have anything in mind to use as an excuse. “Hm... well... I think there’s no problem.” He said hesitantly while giving an awkward smile.

“Great! Let’s go!” Yuri exclaimed excitedly while dragging Minho to the roller coaster while he made frustrated-crying face which she was unaware of.

----------

After 10 minutes journey on the roller coaster, Yuri looked so happy that she would love to ride it again but it was completely different with Minho. “It’s so fun, isn’t it?” She turned her head to the side, towards him. He looked blank and didn’t say anything. “Are you okay?” She looked quite shocked with his expression right now.

“O... oh? I... I’m fine...” He replied weakly as he looked so blank.

They both got off from the roller coaster. However, Minho almost fell as soon as he stepped on the ground but luckily Yuri managed to hold him. “Are you really okay? What happened?” She looked worried now.

“I feel dizzy.” He held his head.

“Let’s rest there.” Yuri dragged him to the nearest bench and helped him to take a seat. “What is this? You should have told me earlier that you can’t ride it because you are scared.”

“Wh... what?! It’s not because I’m scared!” Minho still wanted to deny even the situation was too obvious.

“Aigoo, you are shameless to still deny it!” She laughed.

“I already said it’s not like that!” Minho muttered.

“Yes~ I get it~ our cute baby!” She patted his chin, making fun of him while laughing. He made angry expression while pouting his lips cutely.

-------------

The girls were resting in the living room while watching television. Tiffany on the other side was reading magazine. Suddenly, her cell phone rang. She took a look at the caller’s name and immediately her smile appeared on her face.

“Hello?” She picked up happily.

“What are you doing?” Hyunjoong asked in happiness. Just hearing her voice made him so happy.

“Nothing much, just reading magazine. Why? Do you miss me?” She asked with a wide smile on her face.

“Well... you should know.” He admitted indirectly as he felt too embarrassed. She chuckled out of bashfulness.

Then, she got a notification from her cell phone for an incoming call. She took a look. “Oh, my mom is calling me.”

“Oh, really? Then, you should take the call from mother-in-law.”

She chuckled at the word that he used to address her mother. “Ok, then, see you.”

She picked up her mother’s call. “Yes, mom.

“Stephanie...” Her mother’s voice didn’t sound too good which suddenly made Tiffany felt so uneasy.

“Why, mom? Something happened?”

Your dad...

“Why?! Wha... what happened to dad?!” She asked anxiously. The girls then started to pay attention to Tiffany since she suddenly looked worried.

After hearing her mother’s explanation, Tiffany dropped her cell phone as she looked too shocked. The girls started to feel worried.

“Fany-ah, what’s wrong? What had happened?” Jessica whose seat nearest to Tiffany’s, immediately went to her.

Tiffany looked at Jessica while tearing up. She couldn’t hold her tears anymore. “My dad...” Her tears quickly flowed down her cheeks.

“Why? Why? What happened?” Taeyeon asked anxiously, seeing so shocked of Tiffany’s outburst.

“What happened to your dad?” Yuri asked again since Tiffany didn’t give reply. She gave Tiffany a hug to comfort her. She continued to sob in Yuri’s embrace. Yuri let her go and asked again. “You should tell us what happened.”

“My dad got heart attack. Now, he is in critical condition.” Tiffany finally voiced after a moment.

The girls looked very shocked. Yuri hugged Tiffany again to comfort her. “It’s okay, it’s okay. He will be fine.” She patted Tiffany’s back.

---------

After getting message from Tiffany, Hyunjoong immediately went to the Soshi Girls’ villa to see her in person as he wanted to make sure that she was really alright. He knocked the door.

Yoona went to open the door. “Oh, Hyunjoong-ah. Come in.”

Hyunjoong followed Yoona entering the villa, heading to the living room. “How is Tiffany? Is she okay?”

“She has stopped crying but she doesn’t look too well. If you want to see her, she is in her room now.”

“Ok thanks.” Hyunjoong immediately went to Tiffany’s room. He knocked the door as he was standing in front of her room. He heard a small weak voice asking him to enter. He opened the door.

“Hyunjoong...” She forced a smile.

He approached her and took a seat beside her on the bed. “Are you really okay?” He looked at her with concerned face.

“Yes...” She nodded weakly. “Actually, you don’t have to come.” She felt sorry for making him worried.

“What are you talking about? I’m your boyfriend, remember? Of course I have to stay by your side when you have difficulty.” He tried to make her happy.

“Thank you so much.” She smiled at him.

“Have you eaten?”

“Not yet.” She shook her head.

“What do you want to eat? I will go buying it now. Just tell me anything that you want, I’ll get it.”

“It’s okay. I just don’t feel like eating now.”

“But, you should eat. Otherwise, you might fall sick.”

“I really don’t feel like eating. Please...”

“Alright, alright.” He finally agreed to her stubbornness. “Then, are going to go to US later?”

“Yes, I’m waiting for my flight now.” She looked at him again. She appreciated his consideration but she really didn’t give him burden. “It’s okay. You don’t have to accompany me. I’m fine now.” She gave a smile to show him that she was really okay.

“Don’t say like that. I don’t mind at all.” He drew his body closer to her and gave her a hug. “You don’t have to worry about me. I really want to help you but this is the only thing that I can do for you.”

“Even with this, it really helps me so much. Thank you.” She wrapped her arms around his back and let out her silent tears while hugging him tightly. She was really happy that he was willing to stay by her side.

--------

After arriving at the airport in US, Tiffany immediately went straight to the hospital without any delay. She went to ICU and met her mother and brother there. “Mom!” She called out.

“Oh, Stephanie!” Her mother immediately went to give her a hug. “Did you just come from the airport?”

“Yes, I immediately come here.” Tiffany looked at her brother who was standing beside her mother. “Leo, have you been fine?” Leo nodded while smiling which Tiffany replied his smile and patted his head. “How is dad’s condition now?”

“Your dad was being transferred from the ICU.”

“What?!” She asked in disbelief. Her heart started beating faster as she felt uneasy. “B... but, why? Dad...

Don’t worry.” Her mother gave a smile. “He was going to be transferred to the ward. He had gained his consciousness.”

Tiffany hove a sigh of relief. “That’s really good. Then, can I see dad now?”

“We should wait for a while since he would be transferred to the ward later.”

--------

Tiffany entered the ward and took a seat on the chair which was near to the bed. “Dad...” She called out softly. Her heart just felt so hurt seeing his dad in this condition especially when he had been an healthy person.

Her father opened his eyes. “Oh, Stephanie... you are even back.”

“Dad, are you really okay?” Unconsciously, her tears streamed down her cheeks. “I’m really worried.

“Why are you crying, my pretty daughter?” Her dad reached out and wiped her tears with his thumb. “Dad is okay now. So, don’t cry, ok?”

“I thought... I thought that I won’t be able to talk to dad like right now again.”

“Ssshhh...” Her dad hissed gently. “Dad is here now. Don’t think nonsense again, ok?”

“Thanks dad for being alive.” She held his dad’s hand tightly. His dad gave a smile as a response. “Dad must be recovered quickly.” He nodded gently.