Chapter 38

The Magicians of Love

Jessica’s eyes went bigger. She really didn’t expect that Onew would kiss her. She was hesitated. Her brain kept thinking about Max, saying what she and Onew were doing was definitely wrong. However, her heart was saying different things. Her emotion was fighting with her brain right now. Finally, her emotion won because her emotion and feelings were out of her control. She couldn’t resist his kiss as she really wanted to kiss him even once.

She closed her eyes and her hand slowly reached to Onew’s waist. She returned his kiss. Their kiss continued for a few moments until Onew broke the kiss. He leaned his face on Jessica’s forehead while cupping Jessica’s face. They could feel each other’s breath.

“I… really love you very much.” Finally, Onew had mustered all his courage to confess his true feelings towards Jessica.

Instead of replying to Onew, Jessica took a few steps backwards. She lifted her head up and looked at Onew. “Onew… this is wrong. We can’t do this!” Without giving a proper explanation, Jessica just walked away.

Onew immediately grabbed Jessica’s wrist to stop her from going away. He wanted to clear this confusing situation. He pulled Jessica towards himself and he held tightly onto both of Jessica’s shoulders. “No, listen to me!” He looked straight into her eyes. “Do you love me?”

“Onew… don’t make things worse. Please don’t put me into a hard situation. We both know that this is definitely wrong.” Jessica put away both of Onew’s hands from her shoulders and she tried to run away once again.

However, Onew tightened his hold on her. “That’s not what I want to hear. Answer my question!” Onew emphasized his words. “Do you love me or not?!”

Jessica bowed her head. She didn’t have a will to face him. “No, I don’t love you.” She mustered all her courage to say this hurtful lie. She tried her best to hold her tears which could fall any moment now.

“No, you are lying! Tell me the truth!” Onew knew Jessica was lying when he saw her reaction. She was too bad at telling lie. He could read her feelings because she didn’t do a good job at hiding her true feelings. He raised her chin up. “Look into my eyes and say it one more time.”

“Yes, I love you! I love you with all my heart!!!” finally, Jessica admitted while raising her voice. She broke into tears. Onew looked a bit shocked since he didn’t expect that Jessica would give such confession.

Onew immediately hugged Jessica to comfort her. “I’m sorry, I’m sorry!” Onew felt guilty for making her broke into tears. He her hair. “I just want to know your feelings.”

Jessica continued sobbing in Onew’s embrace but it just last for a few seconds. She realized what she was doing right now. She pushed Onew’s softly. Onew looked at her with questioned face. “Yet still we can’t be together now.” She ended the conversation and walked away, leaving Onew alone there who was still looked confused what she was thinking about actually. She had admitted her feelings… so, he thought that meant she was accepting him. However, it was not as easy as he thought.

He immediately ran towards her and gave her a tight back hug. Her body slightly jerked forwards and she looked a bit shocked. “Don’t leave just like this. Please accept me.” He hugged Jessica tighter while resting his chin on Jessica’s shoulder. “You know… how much long I have waited to confess my feelings to you… how much I’ve been hurt seeing you with Max… how much I’ve hoped that you do love me back…”

Jessica put her hand on Onew’s arm which was wrapping her. “You know this is definitely wrong.” Jessica’s tears seemed couldn’t stop falling.

Onew turned her body facing him. “What’s wrong with the two people who are in love with each other, be together? Huh?! What’s wrong with that?!” he tried his best to understand why Jessica rejected him.

“Of course it’s wrong, completely wrong!!” she raised her voice while crying out loud. “Because I have Max by my side!”

“So, he is the reason which makes you reject me?”

“Yes! So, I’m begging you… please don’t put me into hard situation. Please!” She was flinging herself out from his hold and ran away.

Onew just stood there silently while grasping his fist tightly. He gave up with Jessica’s stubbornness. He did feel angry a bit at Jessica for her unacceptable action.

Jessica just ran away while her tears were falling continuously. She couldn’t stop the tears until she started to hiccup. How much she did feel guilty for hurting Onew and also herself. However, she must do that for everything’s sake. She couldn’t imagine what would happen if she did accept Onew.

---------------

Minho, Yuri and Victoria went to the nearest restaurant from the school. Yuri didn’t speak even a word and her expression seemed didn’t too good. She decided to be quiet since she saw Minho was having a merry conversation with Victoria.

Finally, Minho could change his focus on Yuri after Victoria went to the toilet. “Yuri-ah, are you okay? You didn’t talk at all.” He looked at Yuri with concerned face.

Yuri shook her head. “No, I’m okay.” She forced a smile.

Victoria came back from the toilet after for a while. “I’m sorry for making you guys wait.” She took a seat in front of Minho. “I think we should order something now.”

“Yes, I will order it.” Minho agreed with Victoria. “Yuri, what do you want?” he looked at Yuri.

“I’m okay with anything.” Yuri replied calmly.

“Huh?” Minho didn’t expect of Yuri’s answer. Why did her mood seem like anything’s wrong? He couldn’t understand it.  Did he do anything that caused her to be like this? “Just say what you want to eat.”

“I don’t know either. Can’t you just choose something for me?”

“Oh? Em… ok, I’ll order same food as me for you.” Minho looked at Victoria. “Then, Noona, what do you want?”

“As usual, my favorite!” Victoria exclaimed while beaming at Minho.

“Ok, I got it. I’ll come back in a moment.” Minho got up from his seat and walked away to order their dinner.

“How long have you known Minho?” Victoria asked Yuri.

“Around a month.” Yuri just replied shortly. She didn’t try to be friendlier. Somehow, it’s really hard for Yuri to get close to Victoria though Yuri was the type of person who was cheerful, down to earth and have a happy-go-lucky attitude.

Yuri felt a bit relieve when Minho came back. At least, she didn’t need to feel so awkward being alone with Victoria. Though, she expected that she would be left out from their conversation again. However, that’s much better than Minho left her alone with Victoria as she really felt uneasy.

“Minho, when is your next match?” Victoria asked.

“Oh, noona! I forget to ask you to come. It’ll be in two days.” Minho gave an apologetic smile.

“What?! You forget to inform me?!” Victoria asked in disbelief. “Since when you become like this? Before, you always inform me a week before the match and I’m always being the first person.”

“I’m sorry, Noona.” Minho rubbed his neck while grinning.

As expected, Victoria tried her best to grab Minho’s attention as much as she wanted by talking the various types of topics that she could think. Somehow, most of the topic sounded too unreasonable to be a part of their conversation. Yuri just sighed and looked at the outside through a window blankly.

Finally, Yuri got what Taeyeon meant when she described about Victoria. Victoria unnie was not someone who was arrogant but somehow, you would do feel a bit annoying around her. She wanted all Minho’s attention towards her and didn’t care even she was the one that became interrupter.

The food had arrived. “Enjoy your food,” the waiter said friendlily after serving the food and he walked away.

Yuri thought their conversation would be ended when having the dinner. However, Victoria seemed didn’t want to stop talking even she was eating. She still forced Minho ‘nicely’ to join the conversation by talking about the past. She mentioned about how funny Minho was when he was little. Then, she would laugh wholeheartedly while making fun of Minho. Yuri didn’t react at all to their conversation. She just played with the food while staring at it blankly. She lost her appetite and the longer she stayed there, the more annoyed she got. She felt like she was a stupid person staying there.

She put the spoon and fork on the table back. She got up. Minho lifted his head up, looking at Yuri in astonishment. “Minho, I want to go to the toilet for a while.”

“Ok, be careful!” Minho replied playfully with a grin on his face. He tried to brighten up her mood since she looked so down.

However, Yuri took it seriously. “What did you say?” Minho could see a frown on her face.

“N… no… I’m just kidding!” Minho held her hand. “Why did you take it seriously?”

“Em… ok.” She didn’t really know how to respond to him. She was too in a bad mood until she didn’t realize that Minho was holding her hand. She just walked to the toilet silently although Minho was holding her hand. Minho’s eyes still locked on Yuri until she had gone to the toilet. Then, he looked at his empty hand which was holding Yuri’s hand just now. Did she mad at him?

------------------

Sunny looked at Sungmin’s hand which was holding her wrist tightly. “W…why?”

“Stay here.” Sungmin replied seriously while looking straight into her eyes.

“W… what do you mean?” Sunny looked at him anxiously. Her heart skipped a beat.

Sungmin let go of Sunny’s hand. “Do you want to leave all this things to me? I don’t know how to cook.”

“Wh… What?!” she raised her voice. She didn’t expect that he just wanted to say this after his unexpected action just now which caused her to be so nervous. “You scared me to death!” she mumbled while glaring at him. “But, what do you mean by saying you don’t know how to cook?! Then, what’s up with your ability that you are really proud at just now?! Besides, you are the one who cook at Super Boys’ villa, right?”

“H… how did you know?” Sungmin stuttered.

“Donghae told that.”

“Y.. yes… I can cook but just a small dish. W… what I mean is…” he became silent for a while. Actually, he just wanted to find a reason to make Sunny stayed by his side. “Why don’t you help me?! I can’t do this by my own. Donghae, Wooyoung and Onew also help me! Can’t you do that?!”

“Oh~ ok, ok! I’ll do it! Why were you beating around the bush?! Just go straight to the point! What a petty person!” Sunny went to take a pot.

“What did you say?!” Sungmin burst into angry.

“Nothing!” Sunny replied playfully.

-------------

While packing Tiffany’s things into the box, Yoona found an album. She got curious and opened it to take a look what were the photos in it. They were Tiffany’s photos when she was little. She smiled widely while taking a look at all Tiffany’s photos. Not because she was still in doubt the fact that Tiffany was Stephanie Hwang Miyoung, her best friend but she was extremely happy because it’s one of another proof that showed she really was.

Donghae appeared out of nowhere behind Yoona. He wrapped his hand around Yoona’s waist. “What are you doing?” he rested his chin on Yoona’s shoulder.

She smiled when realizing Donghae was back hugging her. She leaned on him comfortably. “I’m just looking at Tiffany’s photos when she was young. She is really pretty, right? Her eye-smile can really be seen clearly.”

“You are pretty too!” Donghae exclaimed and he gave a kiss on Yoona’s cheek. Yoona smiled widely. Then, they heard someone was cleaning his throat which caused Donghae to let go of Yoona. They immediately turned their body towards the direction where that sound was coming from.

“Em… sorry for disturbing you guys…” Hyunjoong raised his eyebrows. “…but, all the rooms except this room have been cleaned up. So…” he smiled awkwardly since he didn’t expect that when he entered this room, he saw something that he shouldn’t see.

Donghae came to him. “No, it’s okay!” he patted Hyunjoong’s shoulder. Somehow, his voice sounded slightly y. He did feel embarrassed. Hyunjoong just chuckled after he heard Donghae’s somewhat weird voice.

Yoona’s cheeks started to turn red as she was blushing. She entered another topic to change this awkward atmosphere. She stood beside Hyunjoong. “See, young Tiffany!” she showed Tiffany’s childhood photos. Hyunjoong took the album from Yoona to take a closer look. He looked interest in Tiffany’s childhood photos. He smiled widely while observing the photos. Her eye-smile was still there, the most outstanding feature of her. “She’s so cute, right?” Yoona looked at Hyunjoong.

Hyunjoong looked back at Yoona. He just gave a nod as a reply. He didn’t know how to express his words, only a nod could describe how happy he was.

Tiffany came to check out everything. “Everything’s okay here?”

Yoona smiled widely when she knew about Tiffany’s appearance. It seemed like there was something behind that smile. “Oh, Fany-ah ! That’s good you are here!” Yoona immediately went to Donghae and held his arm. “We leave this room to both of you…” Yoona stopped her words immediately. Hyunjoong and Tiffany just kept silent while observing Yoona in confusion. Yoona recalled back what she said just now because it sounded weird.

Donghae chuckled. He whispered to Yoona. “You know, your words can be misunderstood.”

“I… I… I mean… you two can clean this room, right?” Yoona pretended to laugh while rubbing her neck. She did feel embarrassed for making this awkward atmosphere. She bragged Donghae out from that room, leaving Tiffany and Hyunjoong alone there.

Tiffany sighed. “What’s wrong with her?” she said while her eyes were following Yoona and Donghae until they disappeared from the sight. Then, she looked at Hyunjoong’s back. “What are you doing?” she got curious what was Hyunjoong observing at and came closer to him.

“You childhood photos. You’re so cute when you are little.”

“Thanks.” Tiffany smiled bashfully. Hyunjoong took a look at Tiffany and he chuckled when seeing Tiffany started blushing.

-----------------

Victoria kept chatting happily with Minho though Minho didn’t seem to care about that. He was more concerned on Yuri. He kept looking around to check if she had come or not. He started to feel uneasy as she took a long time at the toilet.

Then, his cell phone rang as he got a message. He took his cell phone and checked the message out. It was from Yuri.

‘Minho, I’m sorry. I have to go first. I just remember that I have something to do. Bye!’

Out of a sudden, Minho got up from his seat which startled Victoria. “What’s wrong with you?” Victoria looked at Minho in astonishment.

“Noona, I’ve to go first.”

“But, why?” It seemed like Victoria didn’t be too happy when she saw Minho somewhat looked very worried about something else.

“Noona, I’ll call you later,” Minho said before going away.

“Minho, Minho!” Victoria called Minho but she just got ignored by him. She did feel very shocked because this was the first time Minho acted like this. Before, if Minho and Victoria went out together, Minho would be the last person who would go away, he would send Victoria home first. Somehow, Minho seemed so different this time. She really wondered what made him so worried.

Minho ran to the toilet to check if Yuri was still there or not. He didn’t care about others and just entered the female toilet boldly. “Yah! What are you doing here?!” a girl shouted when she saw Minho in the female toilet.

“I’m sorry.” Minho bowed his body. Then, he immediately went out from the toilet after confirming Yuri was not there. He ran out from the restaurant.

Outside the restaurant, he stopped for a moment while looking around. He couldn’t spot her. He ran slowly while looking for Yuri around the surrounding of the restaurant. He still couldn’t find her which meant she went first before sending him a message. He sighed while grasping his fist. He was angry at himself. He knew Yuri was angry at something. She won’t do this unless there was something wrong.

He was thinking the places where Yuri might be. He remembered that afternoon, when he asked her to accompany him practicing basketball, she didn’t say yes at first, she said she would reply later which seemed like she already had a plan but what could it be?

“Tiffany!” out of a sudden, Minho blurted out. He just remembered, all of them were supposed to help Tiffany moved her things today.

-------------

“Ouch!” Sunny accidentally touched the hot pot with her bare hand.

When Sungmin heard Sunny’s scream, he immediately let go of his hold of the knife and he approached Sunny. He took Sunny’s hand. “Are you okay?!” he asked worriedly while observing Sunny’s hand.

“I… I… I’m…I’m o… okay,” Sunny stared at Sungmin while blinking her eyes faster than usual. She was shocked of how Sungmin reacted to her. Then, Sungmin realized that he had overreacted. He stared at Sunny’s back. They looked straight into each others’ eyes for a moment. Their heart started pounding. “I… I’m okay.” Sunny repeated her words to show that she really meant it.

“Y… yes… tha… that’s good…” Sungmin replied while nodding hesitantly.

“So… my hand?” Sunny took a look at her hand which was hold by Sungmin’s hand.

“Ah, yes!” Sungmin immediately let go of Sunny’s hand and continued his job again. They both didn’t utter any words after that since the atmosphere became so awkward.

Jessica arrived at Soshi Girls’ villa. She looked so weak and her eyes were swollen. She saw Leeteuk who was at the living room.

“Jessica, you are here!” Leeteuk looked at Jessica while beaming.

“Hello, oppa.” She bowed her body and gave a weak smile.

“Jessica, you are back?!” Sunny shouted from the kitchen. However, Jessica didn’t reply to her and she just entered her room silently. Since Sunny didn’t hear any reply, she went out from the kitchen. “Sica!” she called once again while looking for her.

“She went to her room.” Leeteuk replied.

“Ah, really?” Sunny raised her eyebrows. “What’s wrong with her?” Sunny asked to herself. Then, she went to Jessica room. She entered Jessica’s room after she was given permission from Jessica. She saw Jessica was sitting on the bed. She approached and sat beside Jessica. “What happen? Your eyes look swollen.” Sunny held Jessica’s face and she observed it. “Did you cry?”

Jessica tried her best to hold her tears. Finally, she hugged Sunny tightly and broke into tears after she couldn’t bear it anymore. “Onew…”

“What happen to him?” Sunny looked very shocked.

“Nothing happen to him!” Jessica replied while sobbing.

Sunny hove a deep sigh. “Then, what’s wrong?” Jessica didn’t reply as she continued sobbing in Sunny’s embrace. “Ok, ok. Tell me later… when you’re ready.” Sunny patted Jessica’s back, comforting her.

------------

Taeyeon was finding Wooyoung. She didn’t see him since half hour ago. She wondered where was he been and what was he doing right now. She stopped in front of the room. She saw Wooyoung who was standing alone in a corner while zoning out. Taeyeon smiled widely. It’s really rare to see this side of him, being so quiet and serious.

She approached him slowly with a smile on her face. “Woah!” she hopped behind him. She put her hand on Wooyoung’s waist while leaning her face on his shoulder. As expected, Wooyoung was a bit shocked. He realized from his day-dreaming. He beamed when knowing it was Taeyeon. “What are you thinking about?” she looked at him with interest.

“Nothing much.” He smiled and held Taeyeon’s hand tightly. “I’m just thinking about how rich Tiffany is.”

“Yes.” Taeyeon nodded. “She is extremely rich, much richer than us… her family has international company.”

“Everyone has a company… only my family doesn’t have it,” Wooyoung bowed his head. He was meaning that everyone was very rich except himself.

“What are you suddenly mentioning about this? Besides, Yoona also…”

Wooyoung immediately interrupted what Taeyeon was going to say. “That’s different. She’s a girl. Donghae can support her.”

“What is the different?! I can support you, right?” Taeyeon grinned.

“What?!” Wooyoung asked in disbelief. Taeyeon could see a frown on his face. “That’s awful! How can a girl support a guy?! It’s impossible!” Wooyoung shook his head with angry expression on his face.

Taeyeon also gave him a deathly glare. She was very angry at Wooyoung because he was worried for a silly thing. “Aigoo!” she pinched his nose hardly.

“What are you doing?!” Wooyoung held his nose which was becoming redder.

“That’s your punishment for thinking about the silly things!” Taeyeon pointed to Wooyoung while making angry expression. She cupped his face. “Those things… they doesn’t matter for me! I’m just asking your love from you. It’s that really hard?”

“Ok, ok. I understand.” Wooyoung smiled widely.

“But!” Taeyeon emphasized her words while pointing to Wooyoung. Wooyoung looked at her fearfully. Sometimes, his girlfriend would be very fierce. “If you mention about this one more time… you’re dead!” Taeyeon showed her fist. “I’m not going to show any mercy to give you another worse punishment.” She folded her arms seriously.

“Yes, madam!” Wooyoung replied while nodding.

Taeyeon took a look at Wooyoung who was still rubbing his nose. “It’s still hurt? Did I pinch too hard?!” she did feel guilty.

“Of course! Can’t you see how red it is?!” Wooyoung drew his face closer to Taeyeon to enable Taeyeon looked at his red nose clearly.

Taeyeon stared at Wooyoung’s nose in confusion. “I don’t think it looks red. Are you sure it’s really hurt?” she was a bit dumbfounded with that.

Out of a sudden, Wooyoung gave a surprise kiss on Taeyeon’s lips. Taeyeon looked very shocked with that kiss. “Now, it’s not hurt anymore.” Wooyoung replied while grinning.

“Oh~ what the heck?!” Taeyeon hit Wooyoung’s arm. “You made me so worried. I thought I have broken your nose’s bone!” Wooyoung didn’t reply and he just kept smiling widely while looking at Taeyeon. Somehow, Taeyeon also started to smile as she was happy with that kiss too.

------------
Tiffany opened the door and saw Yuri was standing in front of her. Yuri smiled and entered Tiffany’s apartment. “Yuri-ah, what are you doing here?”

“Can’t I come here?” Yuri asked.

“No, that’s not what I mean. Where is Minho? Don’t you two be together?” Tiffany looked at Yuri in confusion.

“I came alone here.”

“Did something happen between you and Minho?” Yoona asked.

“No,” Yuri shook her head. “I think it would be better to be here.”

“Better to be here?” Taeyeon asked in disbelief. “There must be something happen, right? Did Minho do something bad to you?! Tomorrow, I’ll give him a lesson, okay?”

Yuri chuckled and she went to Taeyeon. She put her hand on Taeyeon’s shoulder. “He didn’t do anything to me… really. Then, do you always give him a lesson if he did something wrong?”

“Yes, it can be considered so… I’ll bully him.” Taeyeon smiled widely. “But, are you sure you are okay?” Taeyeon looked at Yuri with concerned face. “Because your expression is telling otherwise.”

“Yes, I’m REALLY okay.” Yuri emphasized the word ‘really’. “I just come here to help Tiffany.” Yuri looked at Tiffany. “Is there anything that I can help?”

----------------

Yuri was putting the things into the last box which was empty. There were still things left and she asked Tiffany for another empty box. “Fany-ah! Is there any empty box?!” she shouted while still checking the needed things.

Tiffany didn’t reply to her even after a moment. “Tiffany?” Yuri didn’t get any reply from Tiffany. So, she looked back and saw an empty box. “Eh? Why didn’t she say any words?” Yuri scratched her head while getting the empty box. She continued checking all Tiffany’s things. “Fany-ah! This book… do you still want it?” However, Tiffany didn’t reply to her. “Tiffany!” she called once again and there was still no reply.

She looked back and was about to go out from the room to call Tiffany, but her steps was stopped immediately by someone who was looking at her seriously. She accidentally dropped Tiffany’s book and her eyes went bigger. Her body was frozen like she was looking at the ghost. She didn’t move at all and just blinked her eyes faster, looking at that person. That person slowly approached Yuri.

“What’s up with your reaction? Don’t you recognize me?” Minho asked Yuri while standing in front of her. Yuri still didn’t reply to him and she just stared at him in confusion. “Hey, are you okay?” However, it seemed like Yuri’s body was completely frozen. Minho chuckled. He squatted down and Yuri’s eyes were following him, wondering what he was trying to do. He lifted Yuri up like a prince was carrying a princess on his hands romantically.

Finally, Yuri uttered some words. “Wh… Wha… What are you doing?!” she asked anxiously. She wrapped her hands around Minho’s neck involuntarily as she was afraid that she would fall. She looked at Minho anxiously.

“Oh~ you’re so heavy!” Minho made fun of her while looking into her eyes. He smiled widely when seeing the nervousness on Yuri’s face. He went to a sofa and put Yuri on the sofa in sit position. Actually, he just wanted to discuss with Yuri about the incident when they had dinner. “Why did you just left like that?”

“I’ve send you a message, right? Don’t you read it?”

“Don’t you have a manner?!”

“What?!” Yuri was in confusion with Minho’s question.

“You don’t know that you must tell me personally if you want to go?!” Minho stared at her angrily.

“I… I…”

“Anyways, that’s not the important thing.” Minho just interrupted what Yuri was going to explain. “What is the reason that made you leave?”

“I… I think it’s better if I help Tiffany here.”

“Then, how about me?” Minho asked like a jealous boyfriend asking his girlfriend’s attention.

“You… you have Victoria unnie, right? Besides, it seems like you have a great time with her… So… so, I think I should leave your two alone… isn’t?”

“How did you know I’m happy with your action?! Can you read someone’s mind?” Minho’s question made Yuri speechless. She just looked at him apologetically. “Ok, I’ll forgive you this time. Don’t do this again to me, understand?”

Yuri nodded for a few times with a wide smile on her face. “But, what if I do it again?” she raised her eyebrows. She just tried to tease Minho.

“WHAT?!” Minho raised his voice. “Are you planning to do it again?!” he already burst into angry even Yuri just asked what he would do if she did do that to him again.

“Ok, ok! Don’t angry!” she shook his arm. She already got the answer for her question based on Minho’s reaction. “I’m just asking!”

“Don’t you ever mention about this again, okay?”

“Yes~ yes~” Yuri replied playfully while nodding. “I promise, really!” she lifted her hand up. “Now, can you smile?” she looked at Minho. Minho gave a force smile. “What kind of smile this is?” Yuri didn’t satisfy with that smile. “Ok, I’ll go again…” Yuri threatened Minho playfully.

“Fine, fine!” Minho grabbed Yuri’s arm to prevent her from going away. He showed Yuri the brightest smile he could do. Somehow, it looked funny. Yuri chuckled when seeing his smile.