Chapter 73

The Magicians of Love

Minho and his sister, Jooyeon were at the subway station as they were waiting for the train to come. They were going out as Minho wanted to buy his sister a new dress. It seemed like Minho put a lot of effort to get closer to his sister, so that his sister won’t feel distanced even though he couldn’t remember all their past memories.

“Oppa, where are we going?” Jooyeon who was holding onto Minho’s hand, asked.

“Oh, we are going to buy you a new dress.”

“Oh, really?!” Jooyeon asked excitedly. “Oppa is really going to buy it?”

“Yes, for a gift.”

“A gift? Why? It’s not my birthday yet.”

“Just… I just want to give a gift for my pretty dongsaeng!” Minho beamed while patting her head.

Not too long after, the train arrived and they boarded on it. There are two empty seats beside a young girl and they sat there.

That young girl greeted Minho. “Hello.” She smiled sweetly towards him which seemed like she showed some interest in Minho.

Minho looked quite shocked since he didn’t expect it. “Oh, h… hello…” He smiled awkwardly.

Jooyeon looked at that girl angrily as she said. “What are you doing?! My oppa already has girlfriend!”

“Oh?” That girl looked really shocked when Jooyeon suddenly yelled at her.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry.” Minho kept saying apologetically to that girl for his sister’s embarrassing action.

“It’s okay.” That girl forced a smile as she did feel hurt with Jooyeon’s word.

Minho turned towards Jooyeon. “Jooyeon-ah, what are you doing? You are embarrassing me!”

“Then, what I was supposed to do? There are a lot of girls went crazy over oppa! That’s why, I really hated all the woman in this world! They just talked sweet to oppa and try to seduce oppa, they’re just so annoying!”

Minho laughed at his overprotective sister. He did feel wondered and amazed that a small girl like her could think like a mature adult person. “Then, do you really hate all women in this world?”

“Yes! Except mom!”

“Oh, ok. I get it~” Minho chuckled.

“Hang on, there is one more person…”

“One more person?” Minho looked very curious to find out who was that person that could steal his stubborn and protective sister. “Who is it?”

“Pretty unnie. She is really kind and I really really like her a lot.”

“Oh, it seems you are really close to her.” Minho didn’t expect that Victoria was that close to Jooyeon since when Victoria visit his house, Jooyeon didn’t even bother to come out from her room to see her.

Minho looked around in the train and somehow, he did feel very strange. Suddenly, he could feel the pain in his head.

“Ouch!” It was really painful as he held his head.

“Oppa, is there something wrong?”

He couldn’t reply to her question as he was bearing the pain. It seemed like the pain in his head was really killing him. And, just then, he started to see something in his mind, or preciously his brain started recalling the memory.

He remembered the memory with Yuri in the train, their first meeting in the train… how he followed her to her hometown when he was about to confess his love to her and how they ended up kissing in front of many people as they were hiding avoiding from being caught as he didn’t buy the ticket… their date in the train while playing the line game guessing people would pass it with which leg first…

“Oppa, what’s wrong? Are you okay?” Jooyeon asked anxiously as she saw Minho suffered so much.

Then, the pain in his head slowly disappeared as his minds started to stop recalling the memory. Now, he remembered some part of his lost memories, a few happy memories with Yuri in the train. He remembered how happy he was when he was with her but he thought on that time, he might didn’t know that she would cheat on him. Therefore, those memories still didn’t affect the way how he thought of her.

“Don’t worry, I’m fine now.” Minho assured Jooyeon that he was fine.

“But, oppa… don’t you think we should go to hospital?”

“No, it’s okay. I don’t feel hurt anymore.” The trained stopped at the station that they wanted to go. “Let’s go!” Minho held Jooyeon’s hand and came out from the train.

------------

Today, only Yuri and Yoona went to school as Soshi Girls and Super Boys had their activities. Yoona tried her best to stick with Yuri as she didn’t want Yuri to be alone and then, started again thinking about everything bad that just happened to her.

During the rest, after having their meal at the cafeteria, they went to the bench with table under the tree. Their exam was just around the corner and they took this free time to revise their lessons.

Yoona managed to give her concentration fully to the book that she revised. Meanwhile, Yuri kept yawning as she read, plus with her big dark circle, obviously showing that she had been lacking sleep last few days.

“Are you that sleepy?” Yoona asked her.

Still yawning as Yuri replied Yoona’s question. “Oh, I’m so sleepy. I can’t fall asleep easily last night.”

“Why? Still thinking about that?” Yuri just gave a nod as a reply. Yoona closed the book that Yuri read. “Since you are so sleepy now, you should take a nap.”

“Yoona-yah, I don’t have to…”

“Kwon Yuri, don’t be stubborn, just take a short nap.” Yoona nagged her like a mother.

Yuri chuckled. “Yes, I get it, ahjumma!” She teased Yoona while hugging Yoona from the side. Yoona replied with a wide smile. “Don’t forget to wake me up later.”

“Yes, don’t worry.”

Yuri rested her arms on the table and buried one side of her face onto her arms. Yoona observed Yuri’s face for a while before smiling as she made sure Yuri was asleep and then, she continued revising.

Just then, she felt the pain in her stomach. “Ouch, why during this time out of many times?” She muttered as she stood up. She left Yuri alone for a while to go to the toilet.

Yuri could sleep soundly even in that quite uncomfortable position since she was too sleepy due to the lack of sleep. Coincidentally, Minho was not too far from the place at where Yuri was and he walked straight, approaching Yuri.

When he came closer, he was aware of Yuri’s presence and his steps were stopped. He was about to walk away because he really didn’t want to see her but he didn’t know why, he couldn’t resist to keep approaching her, he couldn’t control it.

When he was near to her, he stopped and stared at her face. She looked very beautiful and innocent when she was sleeping, somehow this caused Minho to feel happy and calm to see her face, he just felt so peaceful that even his angry face before had slowly changed to the point that even a small smile could be seen on his face and slowly, he felt that it was very impossible for her to do such a cruel action towards him.

Suddenly, he realized what he was thinking and immediately held a control of himself. “No, no, no…” He mumbled as he shook his head. He reminded himself that he won’t be fooled by such an innocent face of her. She had hurt him and that’s a fact he had to remember.

He put his hand on his chest and it did pound crazily when she was near him. No matter how much he wanted to keep lying to himself, his heart still won’t be able to lie. His heart pounded crazily due to her presence. He really hated to feeling this way and was just about to go, but something stopped him.

“No… no…” Yuri mumbled that caused Minho to take a stare at her again. Suddenly, a frown could be seen on Yuri’s face. Was she having a nightmare? Suddenly, his name was mentioned. “Yah, Choi Minho… how can you do that to me?” She kept talking in her sleep. “You… bad guy…” His eyes suddenly widened because she not just mentioned his name, in fact he could see her tears that fell from the corner of her eyes.

When he saw her tears, even his heart felt the pain. Every drop of her tears felt like a stab in his heart. He couldn’t control himself to see her crying like that, he ran away and hide himself behind a building.

He leaned against the wall while holding his chest. “It’s just too painful…” He mumbled. He held his head in frustration as he said, “What have happened to me?” And, the thing that caused him to more worried and anxious was that he started to feel that he was the one at fault instead of Yuri, the person that he hated for her wrongdoing.

---------

Tiffany’s secretary knocked the door of her office and came in after she was given the permission by Tiffany. Her secretary was Nicole who was actually Tiffany’s old friend in US since Tiffany started staying in US as their houses were in the same neighbor. They were very close too. She had become Tiffany’s secretary since Tiffany was the CEO. At least, due to her presence, Tiffany didn’t feel too lonely at the company.

“Miss Hwang…”

Tiffany interrupted, “Hey, you don’t have to call me that. Just call me like usual.” She chuckled as she found it was quite awkward and strange to hear Nicole calling her like that.

“I can’t. I have to formal since you are my boss.” Nicole added jokingly.

“What boss? We are friends, right? It’s just so awkward for me to hear that.”

“Alright, Fany-ah~.” Nicole replied cutely which caused Tiffany to laugh happily. “But, actually I come here to inform you about meeting with the CEO of the company that we are going to get the contract with.”

“Oh! Do you mean the project that I have to prepare the proposal for?” She showed Nicole the proposal that she had done preparing.

“Yes! The meeting will be held in 2 hours. I think right now, that CEO was on the flight from Korea to here. The estimated time that he would arrive at the airport was one hour from now and it would take some times to reach here… so, in conclusion… 2 hours!”

“What?!” Tiffany asked in disbelief. “It’s today?! Why my dad didn’t inform me anything?!” She looked very nervous and anxious because as she knew, she would be informed about the meeting two days before it would be held.

“That’s right. That’s why I’m here to inform you.” Nicole emphasized the reason why she came to see Tiffany now.

“Is that making any sense?! I don’t prepare anything at all!”

“You said you have done preparing the proposal.” Nicole took a look at the proposal briefly. “And, it just looks so perfect to me.”

“No, I don’t mean that way but I have to prepare the speech and I have to be ready mentally! Especially, this project determines my position as a CEO.”

“Aigoo, don’t worry too much, Miss Stephanie Hwang! I, as your secretary, believe you can do it! Just speak confidently about your great proposal!” Nicole gave the supporting words to Tiffany.

“How nice it would be if the action is easy as you say it…” Tiffany still looked worried. As she was just busy thinking about the idea for the proposal, she didn’t even have time to think about other things. “Ah, yes… I don’t even know the name of that company.”

“It’s Avenue Hotel Company.”

Tiffany looked like she was thinking about it when she heard that name. “It’s very familiar…” She mumbled.

“Of course it must be familiar! It’s the successful company in Korea, do you forget it?”

Tiffany just accepted the reason suggested by Nicole. “Oh… that’s right… it must be because of that…”

“Oh, yes! I forget something to inform you besides the meeting.”

“What it is?”

“We also got information that Avenue Hotel Company also has a new CEO.”

“Really? Then, I don’t have to discuss this project with that picky CEO whom my dad mentioned before?” Tiffany did look very relieved and less nervous than before.

“Yes, I heard that it is his nephew, the old CEO’s nephew. He is young too… seriously, I heard that he is also around our age.”

“Wow, this is really nice! We both are in the same situation! He must understand how I feel! This will be much better! Suddenly, I just feel so confident!” Tiffany exclaimed excitedly.

“But, Fany-ah… I’m not sure if you can be this happy and confident…”

“Huh, why? What was that supposed to mean? Aren’t he and me in the same situation, we are young, inexperienced CEO, right? He must understand the difficulty that I have to face.”

“Yes, you are right. Both of you are young and just took the position of CEO… but…”

“What?” Tiffany looked very curious.

“He has a lot of experiences unlike you…”

“What do you mean? I don’t get it.”

“I got information that his uncle, the old CEO had trained him since he was young…” Nicole paused for a while before asking herself. “Young?” She found that it was strange term to use for still a young person. “I mean, really really young, younger than his age now…”

“Huh?” Tiffany looked very confused as her jaw dropped listening to Nicole’s confusing explanation.

“It’s enough, I’m really tired… In conclusion, he has a lot of experience since he learnt how to handle the company works from his uncle for a quite long time.”

“Oh, really? What should I do?” She started to look nervous and worried again. “Do you know his name? How does he look like?”

“It’s Daniel Kim.”

“What a nice name.” She smiled at the mention of that name.

“Well, about his look, I saw his photo from the e-mail that I received from their company and I did print it to show to you…” Nicole tried to find the printed photo of the new CEO among all the documents that she brought along with her. However, she couldn’t find it. “I’m sorry, Fany-ah, I think I left it on my desk. Don’t worry about it. Besides, you will see him in person in two hours…”

“Oh, alright.”

“You know what, he is so good-looking and so hot! I bet you will fall in love with him too when you see him later.”

“What are you talking about?” Tiffany just chuckled seeing Nicole was so excited talking about him.

----------

Minho was lying down on his bed and he just felt like doing nothing since he was just too tired today not physically but he was tired mentally. Since he came back from the school, he couldn’t stop thinking about Yuri and his minds were occupied with the thought of feeling guilt and confusion. He didn’t know why but he started to lose confidence that he was right.

He took off his couple ring and stared at it. This ring must be meaningful to him and also to the other person who also had it, which he thought it was Victoria. However, what made him confused, suspicious and uneasy was that… he had been observing Victoria all the times he met her but there was not even once he saw her putting the ring on her hand. What was the reason behind her action? She purposely didn’t wear it? It was just too impossible to think that she would ALWAYS forget to wear her ring.

All of a sudden, he felt the pain in his head and it was exactly the same like how he felt when he was in the train with Jooyeon before. The pain was just too extreme for him that he couldn’t stay still. “Ouch!!!” He exclaimed his pain as he held his head.

And, then… a few more memories started to appear again…

[Minho’s flashback]

Yuri picked up the books that were on the floor. As she picked them up, she saw a pair of legs which stood exactly in front of her. She slowly lifted her head up and her eyes moved from the legs to the face. “Oh!” She grinned happily. “Minho! I miss you!” She gave him a tight hug.

However, Minho’s expression didn’t seem too good compared to her. “Hold on, hold on…” He gently let himself escape from her hug.

Yuri seemed a bit shocked of his reaction but she didn’t think too much of it as she was so happy to see sound and safe like before he got hurt. “Anyways, what are you doing here? I thought you’re going to school starting tomorrow.”

“I just came to report my condition to my teacher… anyways, that’s not the main point here.” He looked so serious which actually scared Yuri a bit with that kind expression which he never gave it to her before. “Who is that guy?”

“Who?” A frown could be seen on her face. “Ah, that guy… he’s my classmate.”

“Are you guys close?”

“We’re not close. We just talk a bit like that…hm, like common classmates.”

“Then, why did he hug you?!” He slightly raised his voice and he looked quite angry.

“Hey, I’m shocked too you know. I never thought that he would do that. I just agreed that I will help him to study, that’s all. And, maybe… he was just too happy.”

“Then, why did you accept his hug?!”

“What do you mean by accept? I didn’t hug him back. I just stay still.”

“But…” Minho still wanted to protest but Yuri cut him off first.

“And, do you expect me to push him? How can I do that?” Minho kept sighing as he was trying to calm down himself. “What is this? Are you that jealous?” Yuri held his arm while smiling cutely.

However, Minho still seemed unsatisfied. “Does he know you already have boyfriend?”

“Not sure… but I think he doesn’t know.”

“Aish, it can’t be…”

“Why?”

“He might carry feelings for you.”

“No, we are just classmates.” Yuri smiled widely when she saw his jealousy. “Besides, I’m not close with him, ok?”

“It still…”

“Don’t you believe me?” She held his hand while looking into his eyes lovingly.

“I believe you but… I don’t believe other guys! They might have been thinking to pursue you. Let’s go!” Minho started walking and pulled Yuri along with him.

[End of flashback]

[Second Minho’s flashback]

Not too long after, the employee showed to Minho the couple rings that he looked for. It was indeed very beautiful.

Minho took one of the rings, the smaller ring which was for female and put it on Yuri’s finger. “Ah, it’s so perfect!” Minho exclaimed happily seeing the ring fitted Yuri’s finger perfectly. Minho waited for Yuri’s turn. “What are you doing? Put it on me.” Yuri chuckled before taking the male ring and put it on Minho’s finger. “How are these rings? Beautiful? Are you satisfied?”

Yuri nodded. “It’s indeed beautiful but…”

Minho didn’t give Yuri the chance to talk. “I’ll take this.” He said while giving the employee his credit card.

“Hold on, hold on…” Yuri held Minho’s arm to talk to him properly. “Are you really going to buy this?” She looked quite shocked with his sudden unexpected action.

“Yes. It’s every girl’s dream to wear couple rings, isn’t it?” He asked while smiling proudly.

“That’s the truth…” She nodded a few times while smiling. “… but it’s only that reason?”

Minho was hesitant before answering. “Well… it’s one of the reasons…”

Though Yuri had understood it, she still asked him to confirm, or precisely she would be happier if she heard it from his own mouth. “Then, what are those reasons?”

“Well…” He avoided her stare. “To show that you’re mine…” She smiled widely. “So that my heart will be at ease a bit. At least, I hope any guy around you will understand it and not try to catch your heart.”

“Geez, so childish.” Yuri grinned happily.

[End of the flashback]

[Third Minho’s flashback]

“Never ever ever take this off, get it? If I saw you not wearing it, you’re dead!”

“Yes, yes, Choi Minho-sshi!” Yuri emphasized. “Aigoo, so scary~” She made scared expression. “Why are you so scary?” She asked him playfully.

“It’s because my girlfriend is too pretty.”

Yuri laughed. “Oh, really? She is too pretty?” They started playing like they were talking about someone else.

“Yes. She is too pretty that any guy who meets him will fall in love with her.”

“Ah~ even myself feel too embarrassed to hear that! All my fingers are curled up!” They both laughed.

[End of the flashback]

And, then he started to breath heavily and the sweat could be seen on his face. The pain in his head slowly disappeared as his brain stopped to recall the memories. “What was that?”

He looked more confused and shocked now after finding out that the other ring matching to his couple ring actually was belonged to Yuri.

“Ho… how can this happen? It’s hers?”

Knowing the fact that the ring was belonged to Yuri shocked him but the other things that caused a greater confusion to him was the fact that Victoria just lied to him. He could sense that she was indeed hiding something else to him, or what else the possible reason for her to tell such a lie to him?

He got up and came out from his room. He went downstairs and headed into the kitchen. He poured the water into the empty glass and drank it all to clear and calm down his minds from what he just found out.

He came out from the kitchen and saw Victoria in the living room who paid a visit to his house. Victoria looked at him and greeted him brightly. “Minho, hi!”

“Yes…” He didn’t even bother to smile especially after finding out she had been hiding something from him. “What are you doing here?”

“Oh, I just paid a visit to see your mom.”

“Alright…” He replied and just walked away towards his room without saying further.

“ Minho.” She stopped him. “Are you okay?” She did sense the cold treatment from him.

“Yes, I’m completely fine.” As she couldn’t ask further when he just said that he was okay, she just remained silent. “Ah, there’s something that I’m curious about…” He started folding his arms while facing her.

“What is it?” She did look quite nervous every time Minho wanted to ask her something seriously. Honestly, she was always worried and anxious that he would recall his memory that eventually the advantage she had right now for using Minho’s situation would be revealed.

“Where’s your ring?” He asked as he stared at her empty fingers without that ring.

“Oh?” She was very shocked that Minho still cared about the matter of the couple ring. She couldn’t think any excuse at this moment.

“Do you forget to wear it again after you shower?” He was the one asking her to check if she would continue lying to him.

“Y… yes…” She didn’t have other choice and just replied Minho’s question with the lie.

“I see…” Minho simply gave a nod and walked away leaving Victoria with a confusing situation.

Minho twisted the knob of his room and entered it. He was about to close the door back before he could see Jooyeon was walking to him. “Oppa!”

“Oh, Jooyeon-ah.” He smiled widely to her. “Why?”

“When can I see Pretty unnie? I really miss her a lot.”

“Pretty unnie? She is at downstairs, isn’t it?” Minho replied with the thought of Jooyeon referring to Victoria.

“What?! She is at downstairs?!” Jooyeon asked in disbelief. “I thought Victoria unnie is there.”

“Huh? What are you talking about?” Minho looked very clueless and confused.

“Oppa, I said Pretty unnie, not Victoria!” Jooyeon slightly raised her voice as Minho didn’t listen carefully who was the one that she said.

“What? Pretty unnie isn’t Victoria? I thought…”

“Oppa, what are you talking about? How that woman can be my Pretty unnie?!” Jooyeon looked quite mad just with the thinking the pretty, kind girl that she liked was Victoria. There was no one could replace the position of Yuri. “Pretty unnie is kind and beautiful, Victoria doesn’t deserve that because I also hate her, she just somewhat give me a bad vibe…”

“You don’t like her? I thought Pretty unnie is my current girlfriend…”

“Oppa, I told that you that I really hated all the women in this world except mom and Pretty unnie. That’s why, I really dislike it when you are close to her before. And, besides, oppa… how can you forget your girlfriend? Victoria is not your girlfriend, Pretty unnie is…” Jooyeon touched Minho’s forehead. “Oppa, are you really okay? How can you forget such things?”

Minho just remained silent as he was thinking, the more facts that he found, the most confused he became. “Victoria is not my girlfriend…” He mumbled by himself.

“I’m sorry, oppa… I forgot that you lose your memory, you must not remember it all…”

“Then, who is Pretty unnie?” Minho asked as he looked so curious.

“Yuri unnie of course. She is very beautiful and also kind, she is the only that I approve for being with you, oppa.”

“Y… Yuri? Then, then, my current girlfriend…”

“Yuri unnie too of course!” Jooyeon exclaimed happily. “Then, oppa… before this, you don’t know who is Pretty unnie? But you said to me that Pretty unnie was the one took care of you at the hospital.”

“Yes, I thought Pretty unnie is Victoria… She was the one who took care of me…”

“Well, oppa… I also don’t know what was actually going on…” Even Jooyeon looked confused.

“Can you tell oppa everything that you know about Yuri and me?”

“The only thing that I know is that Yuri unnie is oppa’s current girlfriend and how happy I am that oppa finally found a right girl like her.”

Minho didn’t know what to think anymore. The little information about his past he got from Jooyeon just made him more confused. However, he won’t stop, he won’t stop until he found the truth. How he hoped that right now, at this moment, he could recall back all his memories. And, what made him most worried and afraid that slowly, more information he got, more he felt he was the one at fault for mistakenly thinking bad about Yuri.

-----------

Nicole came into Tiffany’s office to inform her about the appearance of the CEO of the Avenue Hotel Company to her company. “Fany-ah~ it’s the time.”

“Already?!” Tiffany who kept wandering around in her office since before, practicing her speech, got startled with the information from Nicole. She did look quite panicked. Two hours were just flying by like two minutes. She immediately collected all the documents on her table for the meeting.

Seeing Tiffany was walking towards her with the needed documents, Nicole asked, “Are you ready?”

“Yes, I hope so. Let’s go!” Tiffany said excitedly just to encourage herself.

Nicole followed Tiffany going to the meeting room as she also had to be there for Tiffany as her secretary and also to give her support as her friend. Nicole could see Tiffany kept taking a deep breath to calm down herself. “Don’t worry too much, it will be just fine. Besides, this CEO is around our age, you will get more comfortable around him, just think him as your friend when you explain your proposal ok?”

“Then, are you going to be there too?”

“Of course.”

“Thanks.” Tiffany beamed at her. As she became too nervous, much nervous when she had to attend the meeting with the shareholders of the company, her minds had become blank. “What did you say, that company’s name was? I really couldn’t think anything anymore right now…”

“It’s Avenue…”

“Oh, I get it, Avenue…” Her steps gradually became slower as she was thinking about something. “Avenue… is Hyunjoong’s family company…” She mumbled to herself as her heart skipped a beat thinking the possibility that it might be Hyunjoong. She asked Nicole again to confirm. “What is the name of CEO?”

“It’s Daniel Kim.”

“Daniel Kim?”

[Tiffany’s flashback]

“Oh, I see… Talking about this, I think I might need to have English name especially when I take over my company later. So, what do you think?”

“That’s right… hm… what is suitable for you… hm… Daniel Kim? How about it?”

“Daniel Kim?”

“Yup, Daniel Kim Hyunjoong. It sounds nice?”

“Alright, I’ll use it for sure.”

“Promise?” Tiffany asked to seal the promise by pinky fingers. Instead, Hyunjoong gave a peck on her cheek all of a sudden. She looked very shocked. “Oh?” She touched her cheek while smiling shyly.

“To seal the promise.” He said while smiling bashfully.

[End of the flashback]

Her steps immediately stopped when she recalled the memories of her and Hyunjoong. She looked so taken aback. Nicole looked at Tiffany in puzzlement. “Do you maybe know his full name, Korean name?” Tiffany asked anxiously.