Chapter 81

The Magicians of Love

Hyunjoong was aware that it wasn’t suitable place for them to talk. They were at the public place now and a lot of people were around them. Besides, this situation would easily create misunderstanding especially with Tiffany who was crying.

He grabbed her hand and pulled her along to the nearest park that he found. She just silently let him take her along. He went to the location with less people, under the shady tree. He faced her but she still couldn’t lift her head up, still avoiding from making eye-contact with him.

He held both of her shoulders while slightly lowered his upper body to reduce their height difference. “Look at me.” He tried to say gently but the seriousness in his voice didn’t disappear.

She shook her head while still sobbing, it was so hard for her to stop crying. He sighed deeply. Honestly, all these times, whenever he met her after the break up, he never showed even once his anger at her, he had always been so playful towards her since he knew there was no use if both of them argued in anger, the problem won’t be solved. He had pretended to forget his anger for the sake of their relationship.

Honestly, he was very angry with her decision to break up. He had been suffered from the past after his parents left and the thing that he hated the most was when people abandoning him. He could forgive any mistake people did to him but he couldn’t stand it when people didn’t appreciate him and abandoned him easily like he was a trash in their life. However, it was because of her, because of HER, the person that he loved wholeheartedly, he was willing to endure everything. His strong love for her managed to overcome everything including his anger.

But, for now… he couldn’t control his feelings anymore. He just wanted to let out everything especially his deep anger towards her. She was being so stubborn that he also had lost his patience.

“Why are you crying?” He asked seriously. She couldn’t answer it as her heart felt so hurt right now, she was aware that she was at fault, she was the one who hurt him and also her unstoppable tears didn’t help her at all. “Why didn’t you answer? Why are you crying?! Why? Am I that pathetic in your eyes? After hearing my story, you pitied me?!”

“No, no… of course not!” She shook her head vigorously while still struggling with her crying.

He took a deep breath before asking again. “Then, tell me… why did you want to break up with me?”

“I told you… in the letter.” She referred the letter that she asked the girls to give to him after she left.

“Why are you writing in the letter?! Why didn’t you ask for break up face to face?!”

“I can’t... it’s too painful… and even you were acting like that on the last day I spent time with you…” She said cautiously, referring that when he did notice of her strange behavior on their last day, he immediately made her to promise that she won’t leave him as he couldn’t be without her.

“Then, you are so aware of that, yet you still do it!! I really don’t understand why you have to do the things that hurt both of us!!!” He yelled angrily to her. He just felt so frustrated.

“Hyunjoong-ah…” She was so shocked of his outburst anger. It just caused her tears flowed more easily. “I… I told you, I did that for your sake.”

“For my sake, are you sure?! I really don’t get it! How can you decide everything by your own?! How can you decide what is the best for me?! I should know myself what is the best for me, so how it is you are the one that decide everything?!” She remained silent as she listened to him. She couldn’t deny that everything he said was right. He continued, “What is exactly the reason you have to break up with me? Did you ask for break up because you are afraid? Did you just run away first because you don’t have enough trust in me? You are that scared to the point that you can’t keep even a little faith in me? Do you think I won’t be able to wait for you?”

“That’s not it…” She shook her head while still crying out loud. She even had difficulty in talking as she started to hiccup.

“Do you think our love is that weak?!”

“I told you, it’s not like that!”

“Then, why? What is so wrong with long-distance relationship?! What’s so wrong with it that you thought breaking up is so much better?!”

“It’s not easy as you think! I can see it properly that it won’t work. You can take the situation between Jessica and Onew as example! They also couldn’t do it because at the end, Jessica chose to stay!” She referred to when Jessica had to leave for US with her family but eventually, making the choice to stay.

“That’s because she had choices. She can choose between leaving and staying. Of course, staying is so much better! Why choose leaving over staying when it brought so much pain?! But, we are different from them. You don’t have a choice. You had to leave! I don’t deny the fact that long-distance relationship did separate a lot of couple but it could bring different result depends on the effort from both parties put in. I understand your situation which I can let you leave and if we both put much effort in it, we can overcome it! So, what’s the problem actually?!”

“I… I…” She wanted to say something but he had made her speechless. Now, she was completely aware that she had taken a wrong decision.

“You know what we are lacking right now? It’s communication! I think you thought of it lightly, isn’t it? You never consider the importance of communication in relationship, don’t you? No matter how much two persons love each other, if there is no communication between them, the relationship won’t work out. To build the strongest relationship, it’s not just based on love, communication and faith are both very important too. If you discuss to me about this matter, we won’t be like this!”

He took a deep breath, he did feel a bit better after letting out everything that was hidden in his heart. He took a few steps away from her and turned around, having his back on her. “ARGHH!!!” He shouted loudly in order to vent out the remaining anger in his heart. He clenched his hands tightly.

Suddenly, his body slightly jerked forward as he felt a pair of arms wrapping around his waist. “I’m sorry, it’s my fault.” She said sincerely as she leaned her head on his back. She really missed this feeling whenever she hugged him, his warmth.

He remained silent for a while as he closed his eyes while taking a deep breath. He unwrapped her arms and turned around, facing her. She looked at him with her teary eyes. “Are you admitting it’s your fault? That you are wrong making that decision?” He asked, still looking at her seriously.

“Yes, it IS my fault!! Do you have to be that mean?!” She cried out loud back after he still stubbornly insisted to show how everything was her fault. “I really regret now!”

He finally chuckled seeing her cute reaction. “Alright, I’m sorry. Now, can you stop crying already? Aigoo, such a crybaby!” He wiped her tears while smiling happily.

“Yah, you’re the one who is so scary when getting angry.” She pouted her lips.

He beamed at her before pulling her into his embrace. “I know and I’m sorry.” He her hair gently. “Just one thing… Don’t say about abandoning me and asking break up again. I really couldn’t forgive that, ok?”

Tiffany wrapped her arms around his back tightly. “I’m sorry, I’m really sorry. I won’t do it again. I’m sorry…” She still gently was sobbing in his embrace. They gave each other a tighter hug especially after they had been so longing for one another.

------

After picking up Yuri at the Seoul Train Station, Taecyeon stopped at the Han River and parked his car.

“Oh? Are we at Han River?” Yuri looked at the surrounding which Taecyeon replied with a smile. “When are you going to tell me that important thing? I have been curious to death to know!”

Taecyeon unfastened his seatbelt as he suggested, “Let’s talk as we walk around.”

“Alright, let’s do that.” They both got off from the car.

As usual, there were a quite a lot of people. Some of them were jogging as a healthy method of relieving stress after finishing works at office. There were also couples who chose this place as the location of their date. And, some of them were families who just spent free time with their precious one.

As they were walking and enjoying the beautiful scenery, Yuri suddenly stopped her steps. “Hang on! Did you do some mistakes to me?! You’re really suspicious!” She looked at him while making her eyes smaller.

“Yah, what kind of guy did you think of me?!” He purposely made a shocked expression.

“Then, why didn’t you tell me now what exactly is it? And not to mention, you even brought me here.”

“Before that…” He smiled as he put his hand on her head. She looked at him in astonishment. “You look so much better now. It’s to the point… you almost change to your old-self.”

“Why? Don’t you like that?” She asked playfully while making a light punch to his tummy.

“Ouch!” He exaggerated while holding onto his tummy before they both chuckled. “You really feel better now? Or, are you just trying to show you’re fine?” He asked truthfully.

“No…” She shook her head while smiling. “I’m really fine now. I don’t know why but… I think everything is fine now.”

“Then…” He cautiously mentioned. “… How are you and Minho? Do you still don’t have a thought of accepting him back?”

She looked unsure how to reply his question since even she herself didn’t know what to do. Her heart was still confused. “Honestly… I’m not sure too. I did still love him but… I guess I need some time.”

“I just want to ask you a question… do you still blame him for what happened? For everything?”

“No, I don’t blame him too but…”

“So, what actually is the problem? Why you can’t accept him back?”

“I’m not sure who exactly is at fault, this has been so frustrating for me too!”

“Do you know he had given up on you?”

“What?!” She couldn’t deny that she was quite shocked to find out the fact and disappointed too.

“Well, he said it’s enough already. He couldn’t see you suffered anymore. He saw you were having nightmare about the pain and you even cried. Is it true? Is it still affecting you that much?”

“So, he was there too…” She remained silent for a while before continuing. “Yes, this morning… I had flashback about those painful memories, maybe on that time he saw me… but I don’t know what happened next because I could guess suddenly that nightmare had gone since I could sleep so well. Now, it feels so good, I mean… it has been long since I become this calm and didn’t have to think about problems.”

“Is that true? I wonder what happened but as long as you’re happy, it’s such a relief.” They both looked at each other and smiled. “Then… what should you do with him? I know that the wound is really painful for you, I was there too, seeing you getting hurt. It’s really difficult for you to endure but it same goes to him too. Honestly, I think… you should consider from his perspective too. I mean, even Minho also got hurt from this situation. He was unaware of everything, he got fooled by Victoria when he hurt you. I understand how he felt right now. Seeing the beloved one got hurt was as much as bad or actually, it was harder than facing it itself especially he was the one that caused it. He even shed tears when he said that he is going to give up on you.”

Unconsciously, Yuri’s eyes were already teary when she listened to Taecyeon which the more she found out, the more she aware how great his love to her.

“Have he told you how he lost his memory?”

“Oh?” Yuri was quite startled since she was focusing on thinking about Minho. “Ah, yes, yes… he didn’t tell me anything but he was involved in accident, didn’t he?”

“How he got involved in that accident, are you aware of that?”

“N… no…” She looked at Taecyeon and could read from his expression that it was really important fact that she had to know. “H… how did it happen?”

“It’s the same day on the day he confessed to you throughout the school, do you remember?”

“Ah, yes. I remember, when I called him, he said that he was on the way to the airport to take the new couch. Is it… on that time?”

“Yes… after that, we lost contact with him, right? He skipped the school and even didn’t go home.”

“That’s right.”

“He couldn’t be contacted because he was hospitalized. That explained everything.”

“Then, how the accident occurred?”

“I think it was the first time Park Jungchul show up himself to Minho before the accident took place.”

“Park Jungchul?” Yuri frowned as she tried to recall that familiar name. “Is it… the guy who kidnapped me and brought me to the rooftop of the hospital?”

“Yes, he is, the guy that held the grudge against Minho’s family. He met Minho on that day and I don’t really know the details but I got to find out from Minho that he provoked Minho by threatening that he would do something to you to see how much Minho would protect his girlfriend especially after seeing how Minho protected you during the incident where Minho injured his leg. Of course Minho got so furious that he drove his car as fast as he could to chase after that guy’s car. Unfortunately, he lost control and it caused that accident…”

Yuri had been silent and didn’t respond at all to his story that Taecyeon decided to take a look at her. It turned out that she couldn’t say anything as she was already breaking into tears. She didn’t know that his sacrifice to her was this much and he just remained silent about it, he didn’t even tell her anything. If Taecyeon didn’t tell her today, his sacrifice would have been useless.

“Are you okay?” Taecyeon asked cautiously. He was satisfied to let her known about this thing. What Minho did for her was much more than enough, his love for her was so great that Yuri had to know so that she could really forgive him especially he didn’t directly do those mistakes.

He approached Yuri and put his hand on her shoulder. “It’s okay.” He comforted her. “That’s why, you shouldn’t let go of him, right? You won’t find any great guy like him.”

---------

Taecyeon dropped Yuri at Soshi Girls’ villa. “Thanks.” She beamed at him and then, unfastened her seatbelt.

He chuckled. “Eh~ what is there to thank about? Do you still don’t know who am I? The greatest friend of Kwon Yuri!” He said proudly.

She laughed happily. “Aigoo~” She was thankful to him for what he had done especially he had always been there when she was having hard time. She got off from his car.

He lowered the window. “Think and consider what I have told you. You and Minho are my friends and I don’t want both of you sad, get it?” Yuri nodded with a smile. “See you at school!” He waved his hand in the air before driving away.

She replied his wave and stayed until he disappeared from the sight. She was about to open the gate but stopped when she got a call. She took out her cell phone and answered. “Yes, Sunny-ah?”

“Yuri-ah, where are you?” She could hear the anxiousness in Sunny’s voice that made her felt uneasy.

“I’m in front of the villa. Why? Anything’s wrong?”

“I’m not sure if I should inform you but it concerns Minho.”

“Wh… What is it actually?” He couldn’t be injured again, couldn’t him? Yuri’s heart just suddenly beat faster.

“Actually, he got injured during practice.”

“What?!” She just felt like skipping a heartbeat.

“And, you know what, he insisted he was okay and he didn’t have to go to hospital though I can see that he is bearing the pain. Yuri-ah, what should we do? Why is he being this stubborn?”

Did his decision to give up on her made him felt so bad that he didn’t even care about his health anymore? “It’s okay, it’s okay. I’ll be there soon.” She ended the call and immediately rushed to the school.

---------

Yuri finally reached at the court and she stopped at the entrance for a while to catch her breath. Her face was covered by sweat, showing how hard she had been running from the villa.

Minho who was sitting on the bench while gulping down the water, spotted Yuri as he heard her footsteps. Seeing her naturally changed his expression like someone who found an oasis after travelling in the dessert for a few days without water.

He stood up while smiling widely. “Yuri-ah.” He couldn’t help but wondering whether he was dreaming since he was so tired after forcing himself to play harder than usual.

Yuri immediately approached him. “Are you really okay? Where did you hurt?” She looked at him with concerned face.

“H… huh?” He frowned, wondering what she was talking about.

“Why aren’t you answering? Are you really fine? I’m so worried.” She looked so anxious that it was very obvious on her face.

“I’m just fine. Why? I don’t understand. Where did you get the idea that I was hurt?”

Yuri observed him from head to toe but he just looked completely fine except the tiredness from the practice. She knew that Sunny just fooled her, Minho didn’t look injured at all. “Aish… that girl seriously…” She mumbled angrily as she was so embarrassed showing her extreme concern when she thought he was injured. She bowed her head while biting her lips with frustrated face.

Nevertheless, Minho couldn’t smiling widely as he was just too happy to see her became that worried for him. “Thanks.”

“Oh?” She lifted her head up, having eye-contact with him again. “For what?”

“For showing your concern for me… I guess it’s the last time, isn’t it?” He faked a chuckle just to hide his sadness.

“What do you mean?”

“I don’t know what caused you to come here but nevertheless, I’m thankful that you’re here. I just think it will be much better to say this in person, rather than leaving just like a coward, isn’t it?” He forced a smile.

Yuri looked confused. “Minho, I…”

He cut her off. “Don’t worry, from now on I won’t make you suffered again. Because I had decided, letting you go is the best way to show how much I love you. If letting you go can make you happy, I will do it. I promise.”

“Minho, actually…”

Minho didn’t give time for Yuri to talk as he was scared he won’t be able to keep his promise, he was scared that the more he saw her, the harder for him to let her go. He took her hands and held it tightly for the last time. “Please don’t fall sick again and please smile and laugh like how you used to do. Thank you so much for being a great person that I have ever known, the person that I can love wholeheartedly and our great memories together and… I’m sorry too… for all the pains that I gave you. Honestly, for now I don’t know how I am supposed to forget you but don’t worry, I’ll put a lot of effort. Goodbye…” He showed a bright smile though it was so obvious that he was faking it.

He hesitantly let go of her hands. He showed her a small smile before turning around, heading to his bag on the bench.

Yuri looked at him seriously and the anger and frustration could be seen in her eyes. “YAH, CHOI MINHO!!! Can’t you give me chance to talk?!”

He immediately turned around towards her and looked at her in scare. “Yu… Yuri-ah…”

“Why did you always do whatever you want?! Why did you always do something that opposed to what I actually wanted?!”

“I’m sorry…” He just apologized first in case he did wrong to her but he was unaware what his mistake was. “But… did I do something wrong?” He asked cautiously.

“You said that you want to see me happy but you always made decision opposed to what I wanted!”

“Yuri-ah, I… I don’t understand…” He looked astonished about what Yuri was referring to.

Yuri finally explained, “When you want us to get back together, I asked to give me some time but now you have given up when I was just about…” She didn’t continue but it was understandable.

Minho could sense a good news as his lips slightly curled up but he didn’t want to have high hope as he was scared to be disappointed later. “You…” He pointed at her. “… and I…” He pointed at himself. “… us… together again?” A sparkle could be seen in his eyes.

“Yes, silly!” Yuri finally showed him a wide smile.

“Are you serious? Is this the truth?” Minho was still in disbelief.

Yuri suddenly changed her expression to a serious one. “Why? You don’t want?!” She pouted her lips.

Instead of replying with word, he just ran to her and gave her the tightest hug ever. She looked quite shocked at first with his sudden hug as she slightly jerked backward due the force produced when he dashed towards her but soon smiled widely and wrapped her arms around his neck.

“Thank you, thank you so much for giving me another chance!” He lifted her up and spun around.

“Arrrgggghhh~” Yuri shouted in happiness. Then, he purposely lied down on the floor while still hugging Yuri tightly in his embrace so that she won’t get hurt. She looked extremely shocked. “Why? What are you doing?!”

“Ah~ you’re so heavy lately, isn’t it?” He unwrapped his arms around her and just lied flat on the floor.

Yuri who was lying on top of Minho, supported her body by pressing her hands on the floor with Minho’s head in the middle. She straightened her arms to increase the distance between their faces. “What did you say?!” She looked at him seriously with a frown on her face.

He looked at her with a small smile for a while before wrapping his arms around her back and rolled half turn which caused this time Yuri was lying on the floor and Minho was on top. She looked at him with widened eyes, being shocked again for his action.

He just gave her a wide grin which caused her to chuckle later. He stared into her eyes with gentle look. “Thank you for giving me another chance. I won’t disappoint you again.”

“You better keep your promise.” She said seriously.

“Yes, madam!” He exclaimed excitedly. “From now on, I’ll put more efforts to redeem all my mistakes and I will always make sure to keep you happy.” She nodded with a small smile.

He her hair softly while studying her face that he had been longing for to see. “I miss you so much.” He said gently which melt her heart due to its warmness.

They looked each other with loving stare. Minho slowly leaned in for a kiss. However, Yuri stopped it by covering with her hand as she shook her head, as a sign that she disagreed with his action.

He couldn’t deny that he was quite surprised and little disappointed with her reaction. Was he being too excessive and forward when they just reconciled? From her perspective, did he already make mistake as soon as after they just reconciled? He drew away his face from hers and asked, “Why? Not yet?”

“We’re at the public place right now. What if people see us?”

Minho hove a relieve sigh as he even chuckled since he was very happy that actually the reason wasn’t what he thought of. “It’s okay. There are no people around us, we’re alone right now.”

“But, still… what if there are people passing by? You know, in the train, we have been caught twice in front of so many people who were thinking we were kissing! It’s so embarrassing!” She gently hit his chest while smiling shyly.

He laughed happily for her cute reaction. “I get it.” He got up first. He reached out to her and he helped her getting up after she took his hand. “Let’s go home together!” He said excitedly after it had been so long since they were going together.

“Minho, your bag.” Yuri stopped him as she pointed at his bag on the bench.

“Ah!” He exclaimed and immediately took his bag before going to her again. She chuckled happily at his clumsiness.