Chapter 58

The Magicians of Love

Tiffany kept staring at her cell phone. She was hesitant whether she could call Hyunjoong or not. At the same time, she also waited for his call. She was worried that he might be mad at her for not keeping her promise on other day where they decided to get out together especially the reason was that she took her boyfriend at the airport.

She just stared and sighed and then, sighed again. She didn’t have courage to call him. Then, she got an idea. She called Eunyoung. “Hello?”

“Yes, Fany-ah…” Eunyoung answered the call.

“Where are you now? Are you at home?”

“No. I’m at the school.”

“What did you do there? It’s holiday.”

“Today, our school team has practice for upcoming Sport day. I just want to see the boys practicing. Who know, I can find a hot guy!”

Tiffany laughed. “Aigoo…”

“Besides, Hyunjoong is here too. He also has practice with his football team.”

“Oh, he is there too…”

“Anyways, why did you call?”

“Oh, nothing… I just thought that I want to ask you and Hyunjoong out.”

“Did I hear wrong? Hyunjoong and me?!” Eunyoung asked in disbelief.

“Yes, both of you. Why?”

“I find it really strange! Did anything happen?”

“What?”

“Did you guys fight?”

“N… no!”

“Then, why are you asking me to go out with you and Hyunjoong too?”

“What’s wrong with that? Both of you are my friends.”

“Eh~”

“What~!”

“Then, how come you call me first and ask us out? Why don’t you ask Hyunjoong by yourself? And, you even don’t know that Hyunjoong has practice today.”

“I… I just happened to call you first… eh! Don’t you think you have thought too much about such a silly thing?”

“What silly thing? You are just acting weirdly. Anyways, his practice will end soon so, just come to school first.”

“Ok, see you there!”

--------------

Taeyeon and Sunny tried to wake Jessica who was still sleeping as usual. “Come on, Jessica! Wake up!”

“Yah~ let me sleep for a while!”

“For a while?!” Sunny asked in disbelief. “You know, the sun is already up~ in the sky!” Jessica just ignored what Sunny said and she even pulled the blanket to cover her face. “Sica-yah, do we have to use that trick again?” She asked lazily.

As usual, they had to use the common trick to wake Jessica up successfully. “Onew… don’t you want to see him? Hm?” Taeyeon asked while smiling confidently. Automatically, Jessica opened her eyes widely. “Finally!”

Jessica didn’t give a further response and she just stared at Sunny and Taeyeon with those wide eyes. “Yah~ what’s wrong with you? It’s scary!” Taeyeon patted Jessica’s arm.

Jessica just hove a deep sigh. “Well… good night…” She said sadly while covering her face with the blanket.

“Hey! What good night?! Are you crazy?” Sunny raised her voice in shock.

They found it was really weird that their trick this time didn’t work. “Sica, you really don’t want to see Onew?”

“Hm…”

“Why? What happened between of you?” Sunny couldn’t find any reason what might lead to this situation.

“Sica-yah, tell me the truth.” Taeyeon pulled the blanket away from Jessica’s face. “Why you don’t want to see him?”

“Why should I see someone who doesn’t want to see me? Won’t I be pathetic?!”

“Eh?! What are you talking about? How come he didn’t want to see you?”

“Did you guys fight?” Sunny added after Taeyeon. “Wow~ I never thought you would ever argue! Sica-yah, you must do something wrong to him. What did you do?”

Jessica looked shocked. “Yah~ you guys are too much! Whose friends are you? How can you side him? Why? He cannot make any mistake?! Is he too perfect?! Only I can make mistake?!”

Sunny and Taeyeon looked shocked that Jessica would ever talk like that about Onew. They never argued before and even Jessica would always be proud of him and never let others badmouth him. “That doesn’t what I mean. Just… I can’t find any reason what he did that caused you to argue.”

“Then, just tell us what exactly had happened.”

“Well… I told him about my leaving to America and…”

“And?” Sunny and Taeyeon gave their full attention to Jessica.

“He said that I can decide about it by myself. He is fine whether I decided to leave or not as long as I’m happy. He meant that he wanted me to take the decision that would make me happy!” Jessica pouted her lips in disappointment. “You know what, I’m really disappointed with him!” From the start, thinking about her career and friends here, she couldn’t leave them and she had decided to stay but what he wanted affected her decision’s the most. When he didn’t say that he wanted her to stay, she thought it was so pathetic for her to be staying by his side.

“Sica-yah, I think you are misunderstanding. I’m sure he didn’t mean like that.” Taeyeon tried to solve their problem especially when Jessica was going to leave to America tomorrow.

“Yes, Jessica… I think Taeyeon was right. How come he wants you to leave? He must just want you to be happy.”

“How can I be happy?! What he said had hurt me deeply! He only needs to ask me to stay here. Why he just have to say such complicated words? It feels like he didn’t care whether I am here or not…. It feels like he’s okay for being far for me and not seeing me for long… it feels like my presence by his side is not important.”

“I’m sure he didn’t mean like that. You think too much. Maybe he didn’t want to hurt you. If staying here is not your choice, you won’t be happy. Maybe that’s what he didn’t want to see.”

“I don’t know…” Jessica pouted. She really couldn’t hide her disappointment.

“Then, how long you want to keep being mad at him? You are leaving tomorrow. Instead of acting cold to him, you should spend your time with him. Today is the last day you can see him. You are going to be regretted!”

“I don’t want to be pathetic!”

“What pathetic?! You are just going to spend time with your boyfriend!” Sunny said in disbelief.

“I told you, he didn’t really care about me.”

“Sica-yah, how long you want to keep being stubborn?”

“I really don’t know…” Jessica shook her head while staring blankly at the blanket. As Sunny and Taeyeon were thinking how to change her minds, suddenly she got up.

“I want to take a bath.” She took her towel.

“Are you going to change your minds?” Sunny and Taeyeon asked while smiling happily.

“I think I have to go to my family’s house. We should discuss about tomorrow’s flight.”

“What?!” They asked in disbelief. She just left them without further explanation.

---------

“Wow, so cool!” Eunyoung cheered for Hyunjoong after seeing him coming closer to her after the practice ended. He just smiled widely. “If Tiffany is here, she must be very happy.” Once Tiffany was mentioned, his expression changed. Of course, as Eunyoung could already feel there was something wrong with them, she used it as a test to make sure. “Why?”

“Nothing.” He replied calmly.

“Your practice has ended, right?” Hyunjoong nodded.”Then, let’s go out. Tiffany asked us.”

“I…  I can’t go.”

“Why?”

“I have a thing to do.”

“What is it?”

“Well…” He paused for a while. “I have to go to my company. I have to finish my work.”

“Oh, come on! Today is Sunday! How come you have to go to work?”

“I have to finish it quickly.”

“Are you avoiding Fany? You guys fought again?”

Hyunjoong looked slightly shocked with her question. “What… what do you mean by ‘fought’? Of course not. We didn’t fight. I didn’t avoid anyone.”

“Then, can’t you just come with us? Are you willing to disappoint her? Before, you have always been so considerate to her. You always want to be with her.”

“What do you mean by that? When did I do that? Am I her boyfriend to always stay by her side?! Do I have always listened to what she wants?” He eventually burst into anger.

“Yah~ why are you getting mad? So, there must really be something wrong with you and Fany, right?”

Hyunjoong showed expression like he had been caught for hiding something. He cleaned his throat. “No, I’m not mad… you just kept asking such a strange question!”

“Then, are you going to leave now?”

“Yes…” He took his bag and got up. “Just said to her that I’m busy with office work. Bye.” He walked away.

“Ok, I’ll tell her that you’re avoiding her!” She shouted. Hyunjoong stopped walking and turned around while giving her a death glare. “Ok, ok! I got it!” She added while laughing.

-------------

In the kitchen, Sunny was pouring the water into the glass. She drank it but stopped when she heard someone was clearing his throat.

“What are you doing?” Sungmin asked while folding his arms.

She immediately put the glass and went to him excitedly. “How are you? Your hand is better now?” She looked so delighted to see him especially when he didn’t have to wear the bandage on his arm anymore.

“Why? Are you that happy to see me?” He asked proudly.

“N… no…” She cleaned . “Ceh! So hateful.” She mumbled and went back to the kitchen to finish her drink.

Sungmin followed her and approached her hesitantly. It seemed like he had something to tell but he didn’t know how to put it into words. “Let’s go…” Sunny looked at him and raised her eyebrows. He bit his lips before saying, “… da~ te!”

“Huh?” Sunny smiled as she purposely tried to .

“That one…”

“That one… what?” She pretended to be clueless.

“Aish!” He just grabbed her hand and pulled her away.

“Hey, hey… where’re we going? Hey… can’t you slow down? Hey!” Sungmin didn’t reply anything and he just dragged her away. Anyways, Sunny just smiled as she already knew his intention.

He dragged her out and went to the car. He opened the door of the front seat and pushed her gently to get into the car. She just silently followed him. Honestly, she really liked this aggressive side of him.

As Sungmin just silently drove the car without saying anything to her, she decided to ask, “Where’re we going?”

“Huh? Well…” He rubbed his neck. “Date?”

She giggled seeing him being so shy in front of her. “Oh… date~?”

He finally had courage to have eye-contact with her. “Why? What’s wrong? You don’t want to go?” He asked anxiously.

“Can I say no?”

“Can’t! You…” He was speechless. “You must go! You are already in the car, that means you agree with it.”

She just giggled happily as her shoulders raised up, showing how happy she was. It seemed like a party was waiting for another party to make a move while another party was afraid to make a move because he was afraid to get rejected. Both of them still didn’t be used to act like lovers naturally.

Sungmin looked at her. “Then, what’s up with that silence? Are you going or not?”

“Like you said, I’m already in the car. So…”

He immediately got it. He turned around, facing the window and smiled widely.

-----------------

“Here!” Eunyoung waved at Tiffany who just arrived.

Tiffany immediately ran to her. She took her breath as she was standing in front of Eunyoung. She looked around, looking for Hyunjoong. She was nervous to see him again.

“He left.”

“What? Am I too late? I did be here 10 minutes after I called you.”

“And, yes… he left 5 minutes ago and also 5 minutes after you called.”

“Did you tell him about our plan?”

“Yes, he said he’s sorry because he has to finish his work at his company.” Though Tiffany tried to hide her real feelings, she still showed her disappointment obviously. “That’s why you have to tell me what your problem is.” Eunyoung put her hand around Tiffany’s shoulder.

“Huh? What do you mean?”

“Yah, are you trying to fool me? Hyunjoong was acting strangely and even you are not less than him. Do you think I can’t notice it?”

“We’re just fine. Nothing happened.”

Eunyoung sighed. “Aish… both of you are too stubborn…” She grabbed Tiffany’s arm. “Then, let’s go.”

“Where?” Tiffany asked in shock.

“To his office.”

“Eh? How can we go there?”

“We’ll wait him to finish up and then, we go on like our plan.”

“But, we are going to disturb him.”

“It’s okay. We’ll just stay quiet, okay?”

“But…”

“There is no more excuse. Are you avoiding him too?”

“No…”   

“Ok, it’s decided! To prove that you guys are really okay, then let’s just go!” Eunyoung just dragged Tiffany along with her.

-----------

Yuri who was in the kitchen, immediately ran to her room after hearing the ringing of the cell phone. It seemed like she was waiting for someone’s call. When she looked at the caller’s name, her lips curled up, meant that it was that person.

“Hello?” She answered while slightly pouting her lips in disappointment.

“Oh? Are you disappointed that I called?” Minho asked in shock.

“No, that’s not what I meant. I’m happy, very happy but I only can hear your voice… I want to see your face.”

“Oh~ really?” Minho asked excitedly by using a baby voice. “How much you want to see me?”

“I really really really want to see you!”

“Then, before who said that she won’t miss me, huh?”

“Ceh~ I’m just kidding… of course I would miss you. We haven’t seen each other for a few days now.”

“Then, what should I do now?”

“Huh?”

“If I can, I really want to go to you right now but…”

“Oh, it’s okay. You should rest enough. So that we will see each other faster.” Yuri didn’t realize that there was someone who was entering her room quietly, purposely not to let her notice about his presence.

“What if we can only meet next month… are you okay with that?”

“What?! Is your condition that severe?!” Yuri asked in shock and worry.

“No, I’m okay. I’m just asking.” Minho laughed.

“Ceh! You are scaring me!” Yuri slightly raised her voice. “Then, how about your leg? Is it going better?”

“What don’t you check it by yourself?”

“Huh?”

“Waah!!” Minho gave her a tight back hug.

“Argh!” She got very startled with his unexpected back hug or precisely she didn’t even be aware of his presence. Her cell phone even fell to the floor.

Minho loosened his hold around her waist. He let out a chuckle. “Are you that shocked?” She turned around, staring at his face. Instead of answering, she stared silently for a few seconds in disbelief. He stared into her eyes with a gentle smile. “Why? After a few days, you can’t even recognize your boyfriend’s face?” He pinched her cheek gently.

“H… how can you be here?”

“Why? You don’t want to see me?” Yuri slightly jumped into Minho’s embrace and hugged him tightly. He chuckled and wrapped his arms around her wrist. “See, how much you miss me?” he laughed happily.

“You are so bad!” Yuri pouted her lips. Her hugging him tightly had shown how much she missed him and of course, he could feel it. Recalling about his legs, she immediately let go of him in case she had made him uncomfortable. “Oh! Are you okay?” She looked at his injured leg. She looked relieved as he looked like a normal person, no more bandage on his leg except the pain that he might feel.

“Don’t worry. I’m really okay. Come here!” He pulled her close and wrapped his arms around her wrist. Yuri smiled and she just rested comfortably in his embrace. He rested his chin on her shoulder. “It has been only a few days since we last met but why I miss you so much? Do you put a spell on me, huh?”

“Ceh!” She let out a chuckle.

“Have you been well?” He tucked her hair behind her ear.

“I should ask you about that question…” She held his hand. “How you feel? Did you leg still feel hurt?”

“I still don’t get my answer…” Minho pouted his lips like a little kid.

“Yah~ why are you concerning about me?” She laughed at how he showed his aegyo. “You are the one who got hurt.”

He grinned. “I’m fine. I just came from the hospital for the follow-up treatment. My leg has recovered.”

“Really? So when you are able to go to school?”

“The day after tomorrow because doctor asked me to rest for another day to ensure my leg has recovered fully.”

“Who did you come with? Are Nickhun and Taecyeon outside?”

“Nope. I’m alone.”

“What?! Did you come to the hospital by yourself?!” Minho just nodded calmly. “How can you do that?!” She slightly raised her voice.

“Why? You are scaring me now.” Minho let out a chuckle.

“Hey, I’m not joking around! How can you walk by yourself with your leg like that?!”

“Sshh, hey Kwon Yuri, why are you so worried?” Minho cupped her face. “I’m really fine right now.”

“But, still… is still dangerous… what if anything happen to you again? I really can’t see you getting hurt again. Why are you always making me concerned?”

“Alright, alright. It’s my mistake. I’m sorry. Next time, I’ll be more careful, okay?” Yuri gave him a stern glare as a sign for Minho to keep his promise. “Actually, I went out from my house without my mother’s knowing.”

“Why? She must be very worried about you.”

“That’s why, I don’t want to make her worried. Besides, she must send many bodyguards along with me just to go to the hospital. And, of course I won’t be able to take time to see you right now.”

“Aigoo!” Yuri pinched his nose gently.

“Oh,yes! Before I forget… do you remember about Park Jungchul?”

“Park Jungchul? Is he the one who responsible for the incident of kidnapping me and you got hit?” He nodded. “Why? Did you get threatened by him?” She asked anxiously.

“No… just… I’d feel that sometimes I have been followed by someone… and, I just want you to be careful too. Don’t go anywhere alone.”

“What? Then… then… are you okay?  Did they do anything to you?”

“No, I’m okay. You shouldn’t be worried about that. You are the one that I’m worried about.” Minho held both of her hands. “Please remember, you never go anywhere by yourself. Always stick to the girls, okay?”

“Yes, and you too, you must be careful. I don’t understand, why the heck he hates us so much? Why did we do wrong?”

“I also didn’t know. I never saw his face before and I don’t even know him. But, I got to find out that he had a connection to my family’s company.” Minho saw Yuri looked so worried. “Don’t worry, no matter what happen, I’ll protect you more than my life.” She smiled. “Now, don’t concern yourself about that, let’s talk about us.”

“About us? What is it?” Yuri raised her eyebrows. “Is there anything to talk about us?” She teased.

“From today, we won’t be seeing each other for two days… so…”

“Ceh!” She touched his nose playfully. She smiled and closed her eyes. Minho drew his face closer to hers.

Before their lips could touch, suddenly they heard someone opened the door. They immediately kept their distance between each other away. “Omo! I’m sorry. I didn’t know Minho is here.” Yoona grinned awkwardly due to the awkward situation.

“It’s okay.” Minho smiled to Yoona.

“Yoona-yah~” Yuri’s face turned red. “Why don’t you knock first?”

“Yah, you are really funny. Have you ever heard someone knocking her own room?” Yoona laughed. “Omo, omo. Both of you have become red. I shall leave you guys alone now.” She closed the door back while leaving her teasing laugh.

Yuri seemed too embarrassed. Minho looked at Yuri and they just ended up laughing. Minho drew his face closer to Yuri again.

However, their timing was still interrupted by something. The door opened again. Yuri and Minho kept their eyes on the door and it was no other than Yoona. “Hi!” She grinned while standing against the door. Yuri sighed. “I just forget to ask about Minho. Are you fine now? Have you gotten better?”

“Yes. My leg has recovered and I just need to rest one or two more days.”

“Oh, ok. Then, I’ll REALLY leave you guys now.” Yoona emphasized and closed the door with a naughty smile on her face.

“Really, Im Yoona…” Yuri mumbled. However, they laughed at Yoona’s mischievous act to disturb them.

“Then, should we do now?” Minho asked in embarrassment.

“Oh? H… hm…” She nodded hesitantly as her cheeks turned red.

He smiled shyly while biting his lips. He cupped her face and drew his face closer. Being close enough, they closed their eyes.

“Hi, guys!” Taeyeon opened the door and greeted them excitedly.

Getting shocked with that unexpected disturbance or precisely the third disturbance, Minho immediately pushed Yuri to the side which caused her to lie down on the bed.

“Ouch!” Yuri exclaimed and she immediately corrected her position.

“Oh! I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to disturb you… but Yoona said that you are here.” Taeyeon referred to Minho.

“Ah, yes…” Minho grinned in embarrassment.

“Yoona?” Yuri asked.

Yoona popped out from Taeyeon’s back. “Tee hee…” She grinned mischievously.

“YAH! Im Yoona!” Yuri scolded her. She got up and went to Yoona angrily. “You are really!” She wrapped Yoona’s head under her arm.

“Ah! It hurts!” Yoona shouted while laughing.

Minho just laughed at those two friends who played around with each other well while Taeyeon stared at them, being clueless of what was going on. Then, she just decided to sit beside Minho. “These two plays well together, aren’t they?”

“Yeah. Their room is still bright even during midnight. I think they sleep the most late.” She laughed. “But, how is your leg?”

“It’s getting better and I almost get recovered completely. It takes maybe two or three days more.”

“That’s good to hear. I’m sorry that I didn’t visit you. My schedule is quite packed lately.”

“It’s okay. I don’t mind… just my mom always ask for you. You are like a daughter to her. I think she really misses you. After my older sister’s death, you are the one that make her happy.”

“Yes, I’m really sorry about that. I will make some time for her. But, I don’t think she will be lonely since you stay at home now.”

“A son is not same as a daughter, right? Besides, I’m already planning to move back to Nickhun and Taecyeon’s villa since my house is too far from school.”

------------

“Oh, sir! What are you doing here?” Hyunjoong’s secretary looked very shocked to see him on this day.

“I’m here to work of course.” He smiled.

“But, sir today is Sunday. You don’t have to come to work.”

“I want to finish everything. So, can you give them to me?”

“Sir, there is only a document and you just need to sign it. That’s all. I really think that you don’t have to come today. Anything happened, sir?” Even Mrs. Kang was wondering with Hyunjoong’s weird behavior.

“N… nothing. I just feel like doing work today.” He gave a stiff smile. “Anyways, thanks.” He took the document from her. “I will read it thoroughly~.” He smiled before walking away.

“Sir!”

“Yes?” He stopped walking.

“Where’s Mrs. Kim?”

“What? Mrs. Kim?” Hyunjoong’s eyebrows met as he was thinking about what she meant by it.

“Aren’t you guys supposed to go on a date on a day like today? Did you guys fight that you decided to work?”

Finally, Hyunjoong got what she meant. Actually, she was referring to Tiffany. “Mrs. Kang! What are you talking about?!” he unconsciously raised his voice.

“Sir, why are you getting mad? I’m just asking.”

“I… I…” He got speechless.

“I guess you fought with her, right?”

“N… no.” Hyunjoong shook his head vigorously, which seemed like obviously he was lying. “I have to finish my work now.” He added shortly and went into his office.

Miss Kang just laughed seeing Hyunjoong’s reaction. She had been served herself for Hyunjoong’s family quite a while and she saw how Hyunjoong grew up. She had thought him like her own family and she could understand his feelings. She was really sure that he did really like Tiffany and there must be something happened between them that he seemed so mad when she about Tiffany being his girlfriend.

She was just about to continue her work then she was visited by another guest. “Oh, Eunyoung-ah.”

“Hi unnie!” Eunyoung greeted excitedly. Since Eunyoung had been friends with Hyunjoong for long, she was also close with Mrs. Kang.

“What are you doing here? Are you looking for Hyunjoong?”

“Well, it can be considered so but… there is more important thing that I need to settle.”

“What is it?”

“Hi, unnie.” Tiffany appeared beside Eunyoung and greeted.

“Oh, you are here too. Hello, Mrs. Kim.” Mrs. Kang greeted Tiffany formally like she was really her boss’s wife.

“Ah… I…” Tiffany looked very shocked and she didn’t what she was supposed to say. “U… Unnie, why did you say that?” Somehow, she looked very embarrassed.

“Oh, unnie! How did you know that? You are really great!” Eunyoung added excitedly.

“So, you are really a couple now?” Mrs. Kang asked after hearing what Eunyoung said.

“What?!” Tiffany’s eyes went bigger. “N… no! No! Of course not!” She immediately denied it. “Yah!” She hit Eunyoung’s arm softly.

“But, I guess you guys are really fought, right?” Mrs. Kang asked.

“Who? Me and Hyunjoong?”

“Yes. He’s acting weird. I wonder why he goes to the office on Sunday especially he has to sign a document only. He doesn’t seem in a good mood.”

“See? Even unnie can see it!” Eunyoung added after she got a witness for her guess. Tiffany didn’t reply anything as she herself didn’t know what to respond. “Ok, unnie. We want to see him.” Eunyoung walked towards Hyunjoong’ office without Tiffany as she was talking to Mrs. Kang.

“You should make up with him quickly. I never saw him putting a long face like that.”

“Ah, yes…” She gave an awkward smile.

------------

Hyunjoong who just need to finish his work in just one minute, now was playing games as he didn’t have anything to do. His eyes were on the door once he heard of someone opened it. His eyes went bigger as he saw Eunyoung and he immediately turned off the games.

He corrected his position and opened the document that he had signed. “Ceh!” As expected, Eunyoung could see everything. “What are you doing?”

“Wh… what? I’m finishing my work of course.” Hyunjoong looked nervous and anxious.

“Your work? Can I see it?”

“W… why? Are you my secretary?!” He slightly raised his voice.

However, she just approached him and saw what he was doing. “As much as I know, you have only a document to be signed and… now, I can see that it has been signed. So, is this your ‘many works’, huh?” He was just silent, not knowing what to respond. “You can even spend your time with playing games, how great is that?! So, now I want to see how you will avoid Tiffany. She’s here.”

“Wh… who said I want to avoid her?”

“So, what is the excuse of all of these?”

Their conversation was interrupted by a knock on the door and then, Tiffany entered. Hyunjoong’s eyes were on her who also looked awkward to see him. “What are you guys doing?” She tried to act like there is nothing wrong with her and Hyunjoong.

“Fany-ah, you know what Hyunjoong’s doing…”

“Hey!” He immediately got up and covered Eunyoung’s mouth with his hand. Tiffany looked at them in astonishment. Eunyoung was struggling to escape from Hyunjoong’s hold. “Yah! Watch your mouth!” He mumbled to Eunyoung and let her go.

“What’s going on?” Tiffany asked in confusion.

Eunyoung looked at Hyunjoong while giving him a mischievous smirk. “What?!” He asked in annoyance.

“Anyways, that’s not important thing right now. I have a good news. Hyunjoong can come with us now!” Eunyoung said excitedly while holding his arm. “Right?” She looked at Hyunjoong with her sparkling eyes. He was speechless with her sudden request.

“But, doesn’t he have work to do?” Tiffany asked.

“He had finish his ‘many’ work in such a short time! How amazing was that?!” Eunyoung teased.

Finally Tiffany had the courage to talk to Hyunjoong directly, not through Eunyoung anymore. “Are you sure?”

As expected, he did look quite shocked with her sudden question to him. “Huh? Ah… yes…” He replied awkwardly which suddenly turned to the awkward atmosphere.

“Aigoo, what’s up with this situation? Let’s go! Hurry up!”

-----------

Jessica knocked Krystal’s room before she entered. Krystal looked very shocked to see her sister. “Unnie! What are you doing here?”

“We’re going to leave. So, I want to organize all my things.”

“What?!” Krystal asked in disbelief. “Are you crazy? You have come yesterday to finish up everything!”

“Oh, really? I just forgot about it.” Jessica replied casually like she already knew that she had finished it. It seemed like she just tried to find an excuse. She lied down on Krystal’s bed, beside her.

“Unnie, don’t you remember we’re leaving tomorrow?” Krystal asked in astonishment.

“I know.” Jessica nodded.

“Then, why aren’t you spending time with Onew oppa?”

“I don’t know…”

Krystal could sense there was something happened. “What? Did you guys fight?!”

“Well…”

“Why? What happened?! Unnie, did you do something wrong?!”

Jessica got up after hearing what Krystal said. “Yah! You’re really! Why everyone keeps suspecting me?! Even my own sister?! Ceh! This world is really unfair!” She let out a chuckle in annoyance.

“That’s the truth. I couldn’t even think what Onew oppa’s mistake.”

“Why don’t you just be his sister? You always sided him!”

Krystal just laughed at how childish her sister behaved. She thought their problem must be quite serious seeing at how she was very mad at him. “Then, tell me what happened.”

“I told him about our leaving and he didn’t even ask me to stay. Instead, he just wanted me to decide what will make me happy.”

“So, what’s the problem?” Krystal seemed didn’t get what Jessica was so mad about.

“What?! Don’t you get it?! He didn’t ask me to stay meaning he was okay without me. He didn’t need me!”

“Don’t he say he wanted you to be happy?”

“Just asking me to stay, he can make me happy.”

“You don’t understand why he said that? He just wanted you decide the best for yourself. That’s why, he let you to choose. If he asked you to stay by his side but he didn’t see you happy, it will hurt him as he felt regretted. That’s why… if you choose to stay here, just stay here. Why make it so complicated?”

“I didn’t make it complicated. Just being in my shoes, you would know how I feel. I tried to understand but it’s still disappointing. I felt like my presence isn’t important in his life.”

“That’s why you asked mom to leave on earlier date?” Jessica didn’t reply but Krystal knew the answer. “Aigoo… how can I have a stupid sister like you?”

“What the…” Jessica patted her sister’s hand.

Seeing her sister being so relaxed and didn’t do anything she asked again, “Aren’t you going to do anything about it?”

“What?”

“Come on, let’s get up.” Krystal pulled Jessica’s hand to force her to get up from her bed. “Whether you’re leaving or not, the most important thing right now, you must make up with Onew oppa. You should spend time with him before regretting.” She pulled Jessica out from her room.

“Yah! You’re kicking out your own sister?!”

“Yes! Because my sister is just so silly!”

“Yah~ can’t you stop calling me silly?” Eventually she laughed along with Krystal.

------------

While wearing their caps, Sunny and Sungmin wandered around the shopping complex. Actually, this is their first official date since became lovers.

Sunny stopped to check out the beautiful dress. Sungmin stared at her as he thought about something and then, he smirked before walking away.

Then, she was aware of his disappearance. “Sungmin-ah…” She tried to call for him quietly as she was worried someone might have heard that will lead to exposure of their real identity. “Aish, where did he go?”

“Tadaa!” Suddenly, he appeared behind Sunny which shocked her.

“Omo! Aish… what are you doing?!” She scolded him quietly while tapping his arm.

It seemed he was showing her something. “I think this will suit you the most!” He laughed while showing her a set of pink bikini and underwear.

Sunny’s eyes got widened. “Yah! You are really embarrassing me. ERT!” She shouted.

“Aish!” Sungmin glared at her while putting it quickly to its place. He pulled his cap to cover his face properly. As expected, everyone was staring at them because Sunny’s loud voice. He grabbed her hand and pulled her along with him to get out from the people who stared at them.

Fortunately, there was no one tried to get close as they didn’t look too suspicious. Sunny just let out a silent chuckle as she found it was so funny. “Why did you do that? You are embarrassing me!” He whispered to her as they walked.

“You’re the one who embarrassed me!” She defended herself.

“Luckily, my identity is not exposed. Otherwise, Lee Sungmin’s innocent and cute image will be tarnished."

“Ceh!” Sunny let out a mocking chuckle.

-------------

Hyunjoong, Tiffany and Eunyoung went to the restaurant first to fill their stomach. They approached the empty table and Hyunjoong took a seat first while Eunyoung and Tiffany was fighting to sit in front of Hyunjoong since Tiffany thought that it would be very awkward to sit beside him.

“Let me sit here.” Tiffany whispered.

“Why? Just sit beside him.”

“Just… I want to sit here!”

“Ok, answer me… Which one is more awkward? Sitting beside him or having eye-contact with him?” Eunyoung purposely asked loud to let Hyunjoong heard her question.

“What the…” Tifffany hit Eunyoung’s arm gently. However, she thought Eunyoung’s words were indeed right. If she sat in front of him, she wouldn’t know where to place her eyes and it was out of questions to avoid eye-contact with him. She eventually sat beside Hyunjoong.

“So, eye-contact is more awkward!” Eunyoung still as she sat in front of Hyunjoong.

“Aish!” Tiffany gave her a death glare that just caused Eunyoung to chuckle. The waiter came to them. He walked away after taking their order.

Then, the atmosphere around them became awkward and quiet again. Eunyoung took a look at Tiffany and then at Hyunjoong and back to Tiffany. She sighed. “I really… can’t ~ eat in this situation! So, why don’t just make up?”

“What are you talking about?” Hyunjoong asked like there was nothing wrong with him and Tiffany. Tiffany took a glance at him.

“Oh, is that right? So, why don’t you hold her hand?” Eunyoung asked.

Then, Hyunjoong did look uncomfortable. “W… why?”

“Why not? She is your friend, there’s nothing wrong with it.”

“Eunyoung-ah!” Tiffany finally voiced but just got ignored.

“Why? Just hold her hand. It isn’t like I ask you to kiss her.” Both Hyunjoong and Tiffany looked very shocked with her sudden statement.

“Yah! You are really driving me crazy!” Tiffany shouted at her.

“What? You guys actually drove me crazy, okay?” She still defended herself.

“Aish! You really…”

“Ok, I’ll give you time to think. It’s better way, isn’t it?” She stood up.

“Where are you going?” Tiffany asked in shock with Eunyoung’s sudden action.

“Toilet.”

“Why?”

“Why? What kind of question of that?”

“Don’t leave us.” Tiffany gave her a stern stare.

“Alright, alright.”

Leaving them alone, really made the condition became worse. Tiffany couldn’t sit silently as she kept moving uncomfortably. She stole a glance at him but ended up sighing as Hyunjoong looked more relaxed compared to her.

She did felt quite relieved after seeing the waiter served the food. At least, she could do something besides looking around the restaurant awkwardly.

She took the spoon and started eating. Then, her phone suddenly rang that made her so startled as she was eating carefully, trying to not give any kind if disturbance to Hyunjoong that might make him felt annoyed. “Argh!”

“Why? Why? Are you okay?” Hyunjoong asked in shock. It seemed like he really looked worried that something might happen to her.

“O… oh… oh?” Tiffany looked shocked with his sudden care. “N… nothing. I’m fine.”

“Oh, really?” He immediately turned his face away from her. He did look very embarrassed.

Tiffany could see his red face and she bit her lips as she smiled. She was very happy that he was still so concerned about her. She checked the message and it was from Eunyoung.

‘I have given your chance. Now, it’s your turn to solve your problem with Hyunjoong. I’m off!’

“Aish, this girl…” Tiffany muttered. However, she was thankful that Eunyoung tried hard to help and now, it’s her turn to do something about it. She took a deep breath as she determined to solve it right now.

She looked at him and saw he didn’t even eat the food and just played with it with the spoon. “Hyun-joong-ah…” She called for him sweetly.

“O… oh?” He didn’t expect it but he still looked at her. However, Tiffany didn’t reply and she just gave him a gentle deep stare. He blinked his eyes faster and just turned away to avoid her stare. “W… why?” He asked as his eyes on the food.

“Why aren’t you eating?” She asked back.

“Just… I just don’t feel like eating.”

“Why? Because I’m here?”

“Huh? What are you talking about?” He still avoided her glance.

“Are you angry… at me?”

“N… no…”

“Really?”

“H… Hm…” He nodded hesitantly.

“Look at me.” She asked.

“Why?”

“Just… look at me.”

“It’s okay…”

Tiffany knew there was no use to keep talking to him so she just cupped his face and turned it towards hers. “It’s not that hard to look at me, right?” She looked into his eyes.

His eyes got widened as he didn’t expect it. “What are you doing?” He put off Tiffany’s hands from his face but naturally, he smiled widely though he tried to keep a straight face. Obviously, he was very happy with her sudden bold skin ship.

“Oh, you smile!” Tiffany exclaimed happily.

“N…no! What are you talking about?” However, his face totally didn’t help him at all because he couldn’t control the smile on his face.

“You smile! You smile!” Tiffany poked his tummy a few times while laughing.

“Alright! Alright!” He held her hands to stop what she was doing. “Ok, I smiled, satisfied?”

Tiffany chuckled while looking at him who looked so cute. “So… are you going to forgive me now?”

“Huh? What are you talking?” He pretended though he knew exactly what she meant.

“You are angry because last incident, right? I’m really sorry. I didn’t know that my boyfriend came. So…”

“No… it’s okay…”

“Actually, after that, I still wanted to go out with you but you just said that you want to go home…”

“What the… now, you’re saying that it’s my fault?” He nagged her back.

“Oh? No, no, no. That doesn’t what I meant. Alright, alright! I’m sorry, I’m sorry…” She begged him while making puppy eyes. He chuckled as she looked so cute. “Why?” She seemed confused.

“Nothing.”

“Then, did I receive your forgiveness?”

“Yes~” He looked at her while nodding.

Tiffany showed her eye-smile. “But, next time don’t show your cold side again, ok? It really scared me you know! If you are mad you should just tell me, we can solve it nicely. But, you just ignore me… like a child!”

“What the… ah, I’m really…” He hove a deep sigh. “Yah, is this an attitude of someone that wants apology?” He nagged her again.

“Yup!” She replied confidently and then, she stuck her tongue out at him.  She continued eating her food back.

“Ceh!” He rolled his eyes. “You really make me speechless!”

With full with food, she just looked at him while giggling, showing her cute eye-smile. He eventually smiled along with her.

-----------

Onew went into Soshi Girls’ villa to look for Jessica as she didn’t meet him at all since two days ago. “Oh! Onew!” Taeyeon greeted. He smiled to her.

Wooyoung also came along with him. “Hi!” He greeted Taeyeon and sat beside her while Onew went straight to Jessica’s room. “What’re you doing?” he asked Taeyeon while resting his chin on her shoulder.

“Nothing much, just do some revision.” She looked at him. “So, how about you? Have you done it?” Wooyoung just pouted, showing his cuteness. “Aigoo!” She held his chin while shaking it gently. “Anyways!” All of a sudden, Taeyeon gave him a stern stare.

“W… why?” Wooyoung looked indeed anxious.

“Where’ve you been all day long? Did you go out with any girl? I looked for you before but you are nowhere to be seen.”

“Oh, yes! Oh, yes! Woohooo!” Wooyoung shouted excitedly.

“Yah, what’s wrong with you? I’m serious!”

“Kim Taeyeon is jealous! Kim Taeyeon is jealous! Kim Taeyeon is jealous! Woohooo!”

Taeyeon burst into laughter seeing his reaction. “Me being jealous, are you that happy?”

“Of course!” Wooyoung grinned.

“So, where’ve you been?”

“I was indeed with girl, not one but two girls!” Taeyeon stared at him like a hungry lion. “With my mom and sister!” he immediately added after seeing Taeyeon’s scary face.

“What the…” She hit Wooyoung’s lap but then, she smiled.

“Like it?”

“Like what?” She tried to keep a straight face but eventually, smiled widely. He laughed at her.

After searching for Jessica who wasn’t in her room, Onew went to Taeyeon and Wooyoung. “Where’s Jessica?”

“Oh, Jessica? You haven’t met her? I guess she’s still at her family’s house.” Taeyeon replied hesitantly.

“Oh, really?” Onew looked quite sad as he sat.

Taeyeon didn’t know what to do to solve their problem. She looked at Wooyoung and communicated with him by whispering and eye-contact about Onew and Jessica’s problem. Then, she voiced, “Onew, did you know she’s angry at you?”

“Yes… but I really…”

Taeyeon added before Onew could finish his words. “It’s okay. I don’t put the blame on you. I also think that Jessica was just being too sensitive but honestly, you guys must solve the problem as soon as possible… before she’s leaving tomorrow.”

“What?!” Onew and Wooyoung asked in unison.

“Yes, she’s leaving tomorrow.” Taeyeon repeated. Onew looked so shocked and worried.

“Why so soon?! No… why don’t you tell us at all?!” Wooyoung asked.

“You know what, I just found it out today too that she is leaving on earlier date and I think it’s because… of you.” Taeyeon told the truth to Onew. “I think you should understand about her. She just wants you to say that you want her to stay by your side, showing how important her presence in your life. Actually, do you want her to stay or not?”

“Yes, I do. Of course, I want her by my side but if keeping her away from her family will make her sad, then I don’t want to hurt her. That’s why I let her to choose. If she chooses to stay, I’ll be the happiest person in the world.” Onew explained what he really meant.

“Yes, I also tried to tell her about that. I think hear it from you directly will make her more understanding. That’s why, you need to talk to her nicely right now.”

“How can they talk? She’s not here right now.” Wooyoung added.

“I tried to call her before but she left her cell phone.”

“Really? Onew, then what you’re going to do? She’s even going to leave tomorrow.”

“You said that she’s at her family house, right?” Taeyeon nodded. “Then, I’ll go there.”

“Do you want me to go along with you?” Wooyoung asked.

“It’s okay.” Onew got up. “Then, I’m off.”

“Ok, be careful. Fighting!” Wooyoung cheered for him.

“I really hope they’ll solve it today.” Taeyeon said to Wooyoung.

“So, if she leaves, how about your career?”

“She will come back during our promotion, so there is no problem with that.”

“Must she go to US with her family? How do you feel? Don’t you guys fell incomplete without her? It must be no fun to not have her again by our side. No more Ice Princess…”

“That’s right. Of course, I don’t want her to go but… I think only Onew have the power to stop her. I really hope he will decide to ask her to stay.”

Taeyeon continued her revision. Wooyoung looked at her and smiled as he found when she was focusing on something, she looked so pretty. He held her right hand.

“Huh?” She raised her eyebrows while looking at him.

“Nothing. I just want to hold your hand.” He smiled.

She burst into chuckle. “Then, how can I write?”

“Oh, yes…” He let go of her hand and got up. She looked at him attentively wondering what he was going to do. He changed his seat from on right of Taeyeon to on left of Taeyeon. He held her left hand. “Ok, now?”

She laughed while nodding. Then, Wooyoung yawned. “You’re tired? Why don’t you go home now?”

He shook his head. “I want to stay with you. I’m not tired.”

“Really? You have been spending your time with your family all day along, I’m sure you’re tired. Come on, get up now. You should rest now.”

“It’s okay. I can even rest here. Besides, with you by my side, I don’t feel sleepy at all. Now, continue your work. I’m okay.”

“Really?”

“Yes~” Taeyeon beamed at him before continuing her revision. He rested his head on her shoulder. “How can you be this hardworking?”

“Why? Aren’t you proud to have a girlfriend like me?”

“Of course!” He exclaimed. Then, they both laughed.

As Taeyeon did her revision, she still couldn’t stop thinking about Jessica’s leaving. She really hoped Jessica would change her mind. “But, don’t you think we have to do something for Onew to just stop Jessica from leaving?” There was no answer from Wooyoung that caused her to look at him. “Aigoo…” She chuckled seeing him sleeping soundly on her shoulder. “Wooyoung-ah,” She shook his arm. “Wooyoung-ah…”

He opened his eyes. “Huh?”

“I think you should go home now, ok?”

“Ahhh~” Wooyoung stretched while leaning against the sofa. “Then, how about you? Aren’t you going to sleep yet?”

“I think I’ll continue revision for a while, besides I’m worried about Jessica.”

“Don’t worry about Jessica. Onew is there for her.” He closed Taeyeon’s book. “Now, you should sleep.” He got up. “Come one, get up.”

“But…”

He put both of his fists on his waist. “Hm… you really didn’t listen to me.” He squatted down and lifted her up.

“O… oh… oh? What are you doing?” She immediately wrapped her arm around his neck as she was afraid to fall. He didn’t answer her question, instead he just smiled.

He walked to her room and twisted the knob. He switched on the lamp and put Taeyeon on her bed. “Here...” He pulled the blanket to cover Taeyeon’s body. She just smiled as she was been cared by Wooyoung. He sat at the side of the bed and stared at her. “Goodnight. I love you.” He gave a kiss on her forehead.

Wooyoung was just about to leave but Taeyeon grabbed his hand. He looked quite shocked and stared at her. “Me too… I love you.”

He smiled from ear to ear. “Oh, yes~ oh, yes~” He seemed so happy to hear that from Taeyeon. He walked to the door while cheering happily. “Oh, yes!” He closed the door back.

Taeyeon just laughed happily at his reaction. She looked quite shocked when the door was opened again. He appeared and grinned at her. “Goodnight!” He switched off the lamp. “Bye!” He closed the door. She giggled happily before closing her eyes with the smile still on her face.

---------------

Onew came out from the Soshi Girls’ villa and coincidentally met Jessica who was walking to the villa. They stopped walking at the glance of each other. He was still standing, waiting for a suitable time to approach her.

Jessica gave him a smile while reaching her hand like she was asking him to come closer. He also smiled and approached her. He took her hand and held it tightly. “Oh, your hand is cold!” He rubbed her hands to warm them. “Why aren’t you wearing thick cloth and gloves? It’s really cold tonight.”

He took off his jacket and put it on Jessica. She really felt blissful when he cared for her like this. “Thanks.” She smiled.

They held hand and walked to the park. They took seat on the bench. They kept silent. They had a lot to say but didn’t know how to say what was on their minds. Finally, Onew voiced, “Did you see your family just now?”

“Oh? Yes…”

“I heard you’re leaving tomorrow.”

“Yes… my flight is tomorrow.”

“Why… why so soon?” She looked at him. “It’s because of me?”

“N… no. of course not. Just… I think it’s better to leave earlier…” She lied.

“Oh, really?” He nodded, obviously he looked sad. “Oh, yes!” He turned to her. “I just want you to remember something.”

“Hm?”

“I know there are many good-looking guys there but you will never ever meet them, ok?”

“Yes~ you’re the best-looking guy in my heart!” She replied while cupping his face. “Then, you can’t speak to other girls, not any girls except Taeyeon, Sunny, Yuri, Yoona and Tiffany, ok?”

“Even to our classmates?”

“Cannot!” She said firmly.

“Ok.” He nodded while smiling. “So, when’re you leaving tomorrow?”

“My flight is at 12PM. So, I need to be there around 9AM. Are you going to be there to send me?”

“Well… I’m not sure. I don’t think I can make it. I… I don’t have the will to send you… I mean, it just feel… too hurt…”

“Then, then…” She held his arm tightly while looking at with a full of hope. “If you want me to stay…”

“I just want you to be happy… choose the one that you will be the happiest.”

“Yes, I get it…” Jessica looked very disappointed. He still didn’t change his mind, he still didn’t understand what she wanted. “Then, tonight is our last meeting.”

“Yes…”

Thinking that she would leave tomorrow and won’t see him anymore, made her felt teary. “I think I want to go home now.” She didn’t want to shed tears in front of him. She didn’t want to look pathetic.

She was about to go but Onew grabbed her hand. He turned her around. “Can I… can I hug you for the last time?”

His words caused her to feel sadder and her eyes felt heavy. She knew in any time, her tears will fall. She just bowed her head, avoiding Onew’s stare.

He came closer and gave her a hug. She wrapped her arms around his waist. He hugged her tighter. She already shed tears and even Onew’s eyes looked teary. They hugged each other silently, without talking to each other. It showed how much they wanted each other by their side, how they couldn’t let go of each other. They felt the comfort and warmth by embracing each other.

Jessica’s tears just flowed easily to her cheeks. It seemed she couldn’t stop her tears. She didn’t want him to see her like that. She pushed his chest gently. “I’m sorry…”

She walked away, leaving him alone there. He just stared at her in sadness. She eventually ran as she just felt too hurt and sad. He felt so hurt when he saw her back, running to the villa while her tears streamed down to her cheeks. His tears finally dropped while he grasped his hand. “Goodbye, my Ice Princess…”