Chapter 75

The Magicians of Love

“YAH!! OK TAECYEON!!!” Minho’s loud angry shout filled the silence in the court.

It seemed like the person that he had been wanting to meet to find out the truth was Taecyeon. He purposely drove back to the school to find him.

Taecyeon had been practicing by himself in the court. He threw the ball in his hand towards the net and made the last shot before turning around. He looked at Minho calmly and asked, “What problem do you have with me this time?”

Without giving a proper explanation, Minho just directly asked, “Do you like Yuri?”

Taecyeon’s expression slightly changed with Minho’s sudden question which he never expected of. “Why are you asking…”

“I said, do you like her?” Minho repeated in louder voice, still tried to hold his temper.

“You are already aware that I like her since the past. So, why were you suddenly asking about that again?”

“What about now?”

“Yes, I admit that I still like her but…”

Minho just cut him off with another direct question. “Did she cheat on me with you?”

“What?!” Taecyeon asked in disbelief. He looked so shocked with Minho’s nonsense question. “Yah! Are you crazy?! How came you have that kind of thought?!”

Minho looked very angry and he grabbed Taecyeon’s collar. “Answer my question! Did you both have something going on?!” He asked angrily.

“Just what is so wrong with you?! Of course we don’t have anything! We are just friends!” Taecyeon pushed Minho’s hand harshly.

“Are you telling the truth?”

“Why would she do that if she loves you so much?!” Taecyeon was silent for a while before continuing, “Don’t tell me… you hurt her just because of that damn stupid jealousy?!!!” This time, Taecyeon was the one grabbed Minho’s collar. He thought it was so stupid excuse if it did become the truth. Yuri had been hurt so much physically and mentally from the way Minho treated her. “You know how painful it was for her?! She always cried when she was by herself! She had changed completely now! I really miss how she used to be a bright and bubbly girl and now…”

Minho didn’t say anything because even himself didn’t have any excuse as everything Taecyeon said was indeed the truth.

“And, the wound in her hand… do you know how serious it was?! She couldn’t even take part in the piano competition that she always dreamt of! Every day, her condition is very bad!”

“Victoria… she told me that Yuri was the one that hurt me in the past. She said… you and Yuri were cheating behind me…”

“What?! How can you choose to believe her, the person that had been lying and hurting you so much?!” Taecyeon couldn’t believe that Minho could believe Victoria easily again especially it concerned Yuri.

“Why? She did something too in the past?”

“Are you kidding me?” Taecyeon asked in annoyance.

Minho sighed. “I lost my memory…”

“What?! Don’t tell me a joke! What kind of excuse…”

Minho immediately added. “It’s the truth. Do you remember when we lost contact? On that time, actually… I was involved in an accident…”

Taecyeon looked so shocked to find out the truth. “Then, do you believe in her?!” Taecyeon asked in disbelief.

“How would I know Victoria was lying to me when I don’t ever have memory of her?!”

“But, don’t you know how much she had hurt Yuri?! Even in the past, Yuri had been hurting so much due to Victoria! She had always tried to separate you and Yuri!”

“What?!” Minho asked in shock. He just felt so much worse that he thought he should be. The person that he loved the most, the person that he cherished the most, had been hurt so many times just because of the same person.

Taecyeon hove a deep sigh as everything that he just found out was just so outrageous. “I don’t know how you can heal her deep wound in her heart…”

Minho bowed his head as he felt so frustrated and angry at himself. He really hated the way that he had been treating Yuri. How could a cruel incident like this happen to him and Yuri?

And, then, the pain in his started to be felt again. “Ouch!” Minho yelled his pain as he held his head.

“Yah, what’s wrong with you?” Taecyeon asked anxiously seeing Minho’s condition.

“Argh! It really hurts!” He yelled as he fought with the extreme pain. Now, the pain was much worse than he used to feel. He finally knelt on the floor.

“Minho! Are you okay?!”

As the pain was just too extreme for him to bear, he eventually passed out. He lied down on the floor, being unconscious.

“Yah, Choi Minho! What’s wrong?! What actually happened?!” Taecyeon anxiously called out for him while shaking his body but there was no use. He already lost his consciousness.

--------

In the ward, Minho was still lying down on the bed, being unconscious. Nickhun and Taecyeon were also there as they were talking to the doctor to find out about Minho’s condition.

“What actually happened to him?” Taecyeon asked.

“We have done the examination on him but luckily he didn’t have any internal injury.”

“So, I don’t understand… why he suddenly fainted?”

“I have read about the record of his health…” The doctor said as he checked briefly Minho’s health report. “And… I think the reason he fainted might concern to his brain or precisely his memory. He did lose memory, right?”

“Does that mean he already recall all his memories? Did he remember everything now?” Taecyeon asked happily. He really hoped Minho won’t hurt Yuri again and tried to turn everything into normal.

“He might faint after receive a big stimulus on his brain about his past… but whether he recalls all his memories or only partial of it, we won’t know unless he himself wake up later and be aware of his own condition.”

“Oh, ok. Thank you, doctor.”

The doctor slightly bowed his head before walking out from the ward. Taecyeon and Nickhun sat on the sofa as they took a look on Minho.

Nickhun sighed. “How can all of these happen?” He still had a hard time to believe in everything that he just found out from Taecyeon today including the current status of Minho and Yuri’s relationship since he wasn’t aware that they already broke up though he did wondered why he never saw Minho and Yuri together like they used to be.

Minho suddenly moved his hand which Taecyeon was aware of. “Oh, Minho!” He got up and approached the bed. “Are you okay?”

Minho slowly opened his heavy eyes. He looked at Taecyeon as he frowned like he was thinking about something. He suddenly got up anxiously and was about to go.

However, Taecyeon stopped him who looked so panicked. “Hey, where do you think you are going? You just gained consciousness.”

“No, no. I have to meet her now.” Minho kept being stubborn.

“Who? Yuri?”

“Yes, I remember everything now!”

“Really? You have recalled all of your memories?” Nickhun asked happily.

“Yes. I have to see Yuri now.” Minho said desperately. “Do you maybe find out how is she now? Is she already out from emergency room?”

“Taeyeon did send a message to your cell phone. And, we read it… she said Yuri has been transferred to the ward and you don’t have to be worried about her.”

“Alright, I get it.” Minho replied shortly and came down from the bed.

“Don’t you think you should rest first?”

“No, I can’t! There are so many times that I hurt Yuri and I don’t want to make it worse, I couldn’t be stay calmly after everything that I have done to her.” Minho stubbornly left the ward.

----------

Minho was on the way to the counter to ask about Yuri’s room and he stopped walking for a while as the condition in the hospital looked quite messy and noisy. It seemed like there was something urgent going on. However, he didn’t want to be curious about that as all in his minds was about Yuri.

He continued to walk and then spotted Taeyeon who was also on the way to the counter. “Taeyeon-ah!” He called out for her and ran towards her.

Taeyeon stopped at the mention of her name and she did looked slightly confused and shocked from the way Minho called her. Before, she could remember properly that when she talked to him through the phone, he addressed her formally and now it was different. Though she was curious about that, she just remained silent as there was still another important thing on her mind.

“Where’s Yuri’s room?” Minho asked her.

“Minho, actually I’m also looking for her…” Taeyeon looked so worried as she talked.

“What?! What that was supposed to mean?” A frown could be seen on his face.

Taeyeon started to explain as at the same time, she tried to control her panicky about Yuri. “Since not everyone can stay at the ward, the others went home and I was the one that stay with Yuri. And then… I just left her for a while to fill the water in the glass and when I come back later, she’s gone!”

Minho looked very worried too with sudden disappearance of Yuri but he tried to remain relaxed and optimistic. “Maybe she just went to the toilet.”

“I don’t think she would go anywhere by herself since her body is still too weak. I told her to inform and wait for her if she did want to go somewhere.” Taeyeon replied. “That’s why, I want to ask the nurse about her whereabouts.”

Then, they went to the counter to ask about Yuri as there was no other choice. “Excuse me…” Taeyeon started the conversation with the nurse who looked so busy handling something.

“I’m sorry, miss. Can I talk to you just a bit later? There’s something that I have to do immediately.” The nurse explained nicely to Taeyeon.

“Alright.” Taeyeon replied while giving a nod.

The nurse went to the microphone system that connected all the speakers throughout the hospital and gave out the important announcement.

[Attention to the person whose name Choi Minho, name Choi Minho… please immediately go to the rooftop. Repeat, attention to the person whose name Choi Minho, name Choi Minho… please immediately go to the rooftop.]

“Me?!” Minho asked in shock as he looked at the nurse. Even Taeyeon seemed very shocked too.

The nurse immediately approached Minho. “Are you Choi Minho?!” She asked nervously.

“Y… yes…” Minho nodded hesitantly. “But… but, why I have to…”

“Do you know the patient, Kwon Yuri?”

“Yes! What actually happened to her?!” Minho started to look very panicked. After finding out from Taeyeon that Yuri was gone from her room and now, with this announcement, he felt so very uneasy.

The nurse explained, “Actually, Miss Kwon is being kidnapped from the ward and that person brought her to the rooftop. I also don’t know the current condition now but that person asked you to go there.”

The explanation by the nurse explained the messy and noisy condition in the hospital.

“What?!” Minho asked in disbelief. As he didn’t want to waste any time, he immediately ran to go to the rooftop and Taeyeon also followed behind him.

-------------

Minho ran as fast as he could to the rooftop as his heart couldn’t stop beating faster due to being worried about what actually had happened to Yuri. When he reached there, he saw a few policemen were circling around a guy who was having Yuri in his hand. The policemen were pointing their guns towards them. Minho’s eyes went bigger as he saw that guy even put a knife at Yuri’s neck as they were standing really close to the side of rooftop.

Taeyeon finally arrived behind Minho and looked extremely shocked to see what actually what was going on. “Omo! Yuri-ah!!” She looked at Minho and asked him nervously. “Minho, what should we do?!”

Minho didn’t reply anything to Taeyeon as he felt just so bad. He was able to recognize that guy, he was Park Jungchul, who was the one that started to cause all the bad things that happened to him including to Yuri too. Luckily, he was able to regain all his memories back as now he finally remembered what actually was the cause of his accident, the reason why he lost his memory, it was because he wanted to protect Yuri from Park Jungchul whom right now, Minho wasn’t able to protect Yuri from.

He never felt this worse in his life, how pathetic he thought he was for hurting Yuri before and caused her to fall sick and now… when her current condition already wasn’t good, she had to face this suffering situation. He stared at her in worry as he felt painful seeing her hurting like that. Her face was still pale and he was sure how much weak her body was by being in this situation.

“Please let me go…” Yuri said weakly as her tears started to fell down to her cheeks as it was heavy enough to fall.

“Let’s us wait for your hero to come to save you!” He said arrogantly. When the policemen came closer to them, still trying to save Yuri without threatening her life, Jungchul immediately said loudly as he put the knife closer to Yuri’s neck. “Don’t come closer! I’ll really kill her!”

“Stop moving!” The chief of the policemen asked. All the policemen stopped as Yuri exclaimed her pain when the knife slightly had caused a small cut on her neck. A little amount of blood could be seen coming out from the cut.

“Just stay here, it’s dangerous!” Minho said to Taeyeon.

“Al… alright…” Taeyeon nodded hesitantly as she saw nervously Minho who was approaching the crime scene.

Minho passed through the circle of the policemen and stood exactly in front of Yuri and Park Jungchul with only a short distance between them. “Let her go!!!” He yelled loudly as he exhaled angrily.

“Oh, you finally show up!” Jungchul just smiled evilly.

Yuri looked into Minho’s eyes with her teary eyes and from the stare that she gave him, he understood that she was asking to be rescued and how much pain that she felt right now.

“Don’t you understand?! I said let her go!!!” Minho shouted angrily as he tried to come closer to them.

“Don’t move!” Jungchul replied angrily as he put the knife closer to Yuri’s neck.

“Arghh!” Yuri exclaimed her pain once obviously the knife gave her neck another cut.

“Yuri-ah!” Minho stopped moving as he stared at Yuri anxiously seeing her condition.

“Do you really want to see your girlfriend die here right now, in my hand?” Jungchul asked Minho with his eyes were full of the feeling of hatred.

Minho knew there was no use to be foolish by acting aggressively because it was just only left Yuri’s life in danger. He had to find other way to rescue Yuri. “Just what was the real reason you doing all of these things?” Minho tried to talk to Jungchul in nicer way not to only save Yuri but he was also indeed curious what he did so wrong to receive this kind of hatred from him. “You have done a lot of bad things to me and Yuri, but still… you don’t stop… I really don’t understand…”

“Ceh!” Jungchul let out a mocking chuckle. “As expected, there is no one who would admit his wrong doing…”

“If you really hate me so much, why are you keep hurting Yuri too?! If you are angry at me, just do anything to me, why are you including her too?!!! Must you be a coward?! Just let her go!” Minho really couldn’t stand that he included Yuri with their problem.

“Because I want you to feel the pain that I feel when I lose my beloved one. It’s really painful, isn’t it?”

Minho stared at him angrily. He was right, seeing the beloved one getting hurt was much more painful than feeling the pain of getting hurt.

“Do you really don’t remember what your family did to us?!” Jungchul looked so angry when they entered the topic that brought to this situation. It seemed like he was also referring to his family.

“Wh… what my family do?” Minho asked as he looked slightly shocked.

“Your father and my brother are the partners of your company! And you know what, after the company become successful, you father just evilly kicked out my brother from your company. And, my brother was dead, he commit suicide!! He killed himself due to your father! Actually, your father was the one who killed him!!!”

Minho didn’t want to believe as it seemed like he also knew that what he said was indeed impossible to be truth. “No, you are wrong.” He denied it confidently. “I know that my father used to have partner when he established our company but he didn’t kick him out.”

“I know you won’t believe me. You must choose to believe your own father instead of me, won’t you?” Jungchul seemed kind of expected with Minho’s reaction to his story.

“I won’t believe something without any evidence. I’m telling the truth. You are actually misunderstanding everything.”

“No! You don’t know anything!” Jungchul raised his voice in anger as he started to feel uneasy with Minho’s confidence of being in right position.

“Sometimes, I also managed some of our company’s documents, and of course I would also know about our company’s history. I saw your brother’s resignation letter in those records. Your brother actually resigned, he wasn’t kicked out by my father.”

“No!!! You are in wrong!!!” Jungchul shouted angrily as his hand started shaking due to his anger.

“Arghh!” Yuri exclaimed her pain once again due to movement of Jungchul’s hand which was holding the knife.

“Calm down, calm down!!” Minho immediately yelled in anxiousness.

Not too long after, an old woman appeared at the crime scene. It seemed like she was called by the policeman to solve this current situation.

“Jungchul-ah!” The old woman shouted weakly as she cried seeing what her son was doing right now.

Jungchul seemed very shocked with the appearance of his mother. “Mo… mother…”

“What are you doing?!” Her mother looked very sad and angry to see her son was willing to do that kind of thing.

“Mother, actually I’m just trying to take a revenge for our hyung! His family really deserved that!” Jungchul pointed towards Minho.

“What all the things the young guy said was the truth. Your brother wasn’t kicked out from that company, he was the one who wanted to resign!” His mother explained.

“But… but… hyung killed himself and…”

“He killed himself because he was suffered from cancer, he purposely did that because he didn’t want to burden us!” His mother started to cry. “I already suffered a lot when your stupid brother left me just like that and now, you! You do all these things?! Don’t you know how hurt it was for me?!”

Jungchul seemed so shocked to find out the truth about his brother. He couldn’t believe that his revenge was just a pure misunderstanding. He dropped the knife to the floor as he took a few steps backwards as he looked in disbelief.

Seeing Jungchul let go of Yuri, Minho immediately went to Yuri and pulled her into his embrace as he pulled her quite far from Jungchul to make sure she was really safe. “Are you okay? Are you really fine?” He cupped her face as he stared at her in worry. She didn’t reply anything and just continued sobbing. “Sshh, it’s okay. It’s fine now.” He calmed her down as he caressed her hair.

Jungchul’s mother approached him as she hit her son. “What did you do all these things?! Your brother left me and now, you also wanted to left me too?! What mistake that I have done in the past that I deserve to have son like you?!!” His mother continued to sob as she hit her son angrily.

Jungchul just let his mom hit him as he said while crying. “I’m sorry, mom… I’m sorry…” He could only apologize to his mother for the big stupid mistake that he had done.

The policemen immediately arrested Jungchul and brought him into the car to send him to police station.

Taeyeon immediately ran towards Yuri and Minho. “Yuri-ah, are you okay? I’m sorry. I shouldn’t leave you before.” She said apologetically while caressing Yuri’s hair who was in Minho’s embrace.

Yuri suddenly moved and she pushed Minho’s chest gently. Minho looked at her in astonishment.

Yuri didn’t say anything at all and she didn’t even take a look at him. She just went to Taeyeon and leaned against her for a hug. Taeyeon looked quite shocked and not knowing what she was supposed to react to this situation, she just patted Yuri’s back to comfort her. Taeyeon gave a hesitant look to Minho.

Minho nodded while giving Taeyeon a small smile, asking her to bring Yuri back to the ward so that she could have enough rest. He understood very well with the way Yuri reacted towards him. It was just out of questions for her to forgive him easily after what had happened especially she was just saved from dangerous situation also due to him.

Taeyeon listened to Minho and held Yuri’s arm, helping her walking away to go to the ward back.

Minho just stared at them silently as he hove a deep sigh of relief seeing Yuri was safe and sound. Only now, he could breathe at ease. Seeing they disappeared from the sight, he turned around and facing the wide sky.

Everything just happened out of control that he still found it was hard to believe the reality that he was in right now. He still remembered the happy moments that he had with Yuri which just gone in a blink of an eye like burst bubbles. He tried his best not to hurt Yuri, he tried his best to protect her but somehow, as she stayed by his side, she always got hurt. He really hated and was very angry at himself for not being able to do what he was supposed to. Instead, the things that he tried to prevent kept happening out of his control.

There were a lot of mistakes that he had done to Yuri and just thinking how he treated her in the past, when he lost his memory, was hurting him. He also remembered that he had caused her to hurt her hand which was important to her as much as his legs were important to him. He knew the important piano competition that she was supposed to take part in already was done a few days ago. He didn’t know how to correct everything and where to start first. He just felt so pathetic.