Chapter 61

The Magicians of Love

Yuri was just following Minho who was going somewhere which she herself didn’t know. They were walking together with interlocking hands. “Can I know now, where are we going?” Yuri asked.

“I told you, you’ll know later, ok?” Minho raised one of his eyebrows while looking at Yuri.

“Then, a hint?”

“A hint? Hmmm~” Minho was thinking about it. “It’s a building.” He finally gave one hint to her about that place.

“What?!” She asked in disbelief. “Aish! What kind of hint is that?” She asked angrily as she pouted. “It would better to not give any hint than giving that kind of hint.” She looked quite angry.

“Why? Are you mad?” He swung her hand while looking at her.

“I don’t know.” She replied coldly while keeping her eyes on other direction to avoid his gaze.

“Yuri-yah~” He said cutely to persuade her. “Don’t be angry. Alright, I’ll do anything to ease your anger. Just tell me.”

She looked into his eyes. “Then, tell me where we are going.”

“Oh, that… you’ll know when we arrive later.”

“Ah, seriously…!” Yuri glared at him but laughed along with him later when he showed his puppy face. Her cell phone was ringing and she picked it up. “Oh, Yoona.”

“Where are you right now?”

“Ah, I’m sorry that I forget to tell you.” She really forgot to inform about her leaving. “Yoona-yah, I can’t go home right now, you guys can go first without me.”

“Why? Anything’s happened?”

“Actually, I got kidnapped.”

“What?!” Yoona asked in disbelief. “Why?! What happened?! How can you be kidnapped?! No, where are you right now?! Are you okay?! Who kidnapped you?! Did he hurt you?!” She kept asking question to Yuri nonstop as she was shocked to hear that news and worried if her condition was bad.

“Minho.” Yuri replied shortly while smiling.

“Huh? Minho?” Yoona asked in confusion. She took quite some time before managing to understand. “YAH! KWON YURI!!! DO YOU WANT TO DIE?!!!” Yoona shouted loudly from the phone.

“Why?” Yuri asked innocently while laughing.

“Why?! Can you ask why?! You make me really scared by playing that kind of joke!” She gave Yuri a piece of her minds.

“Alright, alright, I’m sorry, chingu-yah~ But, Minho really kidnap me! He didn’t even tell me where we are going.” Yuri explained to Yoona while looking at Minho who was also laughing.

“Alright, alright.” Yoona laughed along later. “Then, have fun.”

“Ok, bye!”

--------------

Yuri and Minho were sitting on the bench waiting for the train. There were quite a lot of people at the train station. Yuri was keeping her eyes on the grandmother who was walking slowly not too far from her. That grandmother looked very old and didn’t have a good vision even her glasses didn’t gave her a big help.

Yuri looked quite sad about that grandmother who was alone by herself and she even brought along a lot of things. Then, she accidentally dropped a few of things. Yuri immediately got up and approached the grandmother to lend her hand. Minho looked quite shocked when Yuri suddenly walked away but he stared at what she’s doing.

“Grandma, are you okay?” Yuri asked politely while helping the grandmother to pick up her things.

“Ah, I’m okay.” The grandmother smiled at Yuri.

Yuri finished picking them up and gave them to grandmother. “Here, Grandma.”

“Thank you, young lady.”

“Grandma, are you alone? Are you going to be fine? It’s quite dangerous to be walking alone around here.”

“Yes, all my children are working. So, I have to do this alone.”

“Then, Grandma has to be careful, okay?”

“Alright, thank you very much, young lady. It’s really rare to find a girl like you. You’re really nice.”

“Thank you, Grandma.” Yuri smiled widely.

“Actually, I’ve a grandson which is around your age. It’ll be nice if you can be my granddaughter-in-law.”

“Huh?” Yuri looked very shocked with grandmother’s request. “Grandma, it’s okay…” She felt quite awkward.

“You should meet him first. I’m sure you will like him.”

“Grandma, that doesn’t what I mean… actually, I already have boyfriend. He’s sitting over there.” Yuri pointed towards Minho.

“Oh, is that right? He looks so handsome. It’s really a pity but you guys look good together. Then, grandma go first.”

“Ok, goodbye Grandma.” Yuri bowed a few times as the grandmother left. She walked towards Minho and sat beside him back.

He smiled widely as he saw how she being so nice to the grandmother even she was a stranger to her. “Good job!” He said proudly while wrapping his arm around her shoulder. She just giggled cutely. “But, what are you talking about? Do you say something too about me?”

“Grandma wants to introduce me to her grandson.”

“What?!” Minho asked in disbelief and he put off his arm around Yuri’s shoulder. He showed his jealousy once again.

“Of course I refuse it!” Yuri immediately added while smiling widely. However, Minho still kept his angry face. “And, I said that I already have a boyfriend which is you!” She poked his cheek with her index finger. Still, it didn’t make Minho feel better. “Oh, come on! Smile already?” Yuri looked at him while smiling, anticipating his smile.

The train had arrived. “It’s arrived.” Minho just got up abruptly while pulling Yuri along by her hand.

“Ouch!” She almost fell due his sudden action. “Minho, slow down!”

He just ignored her and pulled her boarding the train. He took a seat at the empty and Yuri sat beside him. Not too long after, the train moved. Yuri stared at Minho waiting for him to say something but it was no use.

“What is this?” She elbowed him. “Are you mad?”

“Nope, who said I’m mad?” Still avoiding her stare, he replied coldly.

“Aigoo!” Yuri laughed happily which caused Minho to stare at her in confusion. “Choi Minho, I never thought that you can get jealous so easily!” She patted Minho’s shoulder while laughing.

“Yah~ it’s not funny…” However, Yuri still laughed until drew other people’s attention around them. Minho covered with his hand as he did feel quite embarrassed when all the people’s eyes were on them. “It’s embarrassing! Why are you being like this? Is that so funny I get jealous easily?”

Yuri put Minho’s hand away to answer his question. “I’m laughing not because it’s funny, it’s because I’m so happy.”

Her answer had returned back his smile on his face. “Aish, you can’t even let me be at ease even for a moment. Before, at the school, that guy, your classmate and now even here? How can I be at ease?”

“About my classmates, I understand… but here, I’m not meeting any guy, that grandmother just suggest me to meet his grandson and I did refuse it, didn’t I?”

“But, still…”

“Don’t you believe me?”

“I believe you but I’m just worried.”

“Worried about what? Worried that a guy might steal me from you?” Yuri smiled widely. “Then, don’t you think you should behave properly? You never know when I might leave you.” She .

“What did you say?!” He asked in disbelief.

“I’m just kidding.” She said cutely while holding onto his arm. “Then, do you think I don’t worried? You have a lot of fan girls at our school.” Minho looked at Yuri in shock. “Why? Do you think I won’t get jealous like you?” He smiled widely later.

Minho spotted a red line of the floor not too far from their seat. It seemed like maybe a naughty child played with their mom’s lipstick. “Do you want to play some games?”

“What games?”

“Do you see that line?” Minho pointed to the red line on that floor. Yuri nodded. “If someone passes it with a right leg first, I win and if he passes it with a left leg first, you win.”

“Ok, deal!” Yuri replied confidently. “Then, what’s the punishment for the loser?”

“Hm…” Minho was thinking. “How about this?” He made the ready position of his hand to flick.

“On the forehead?” Minho nodded. “Ok.”

They waited for someone to pass through the line. And, then, just a few minutes after they talked, they saw someone was going to pass the line. “It’s coming! It’s coming!” Minho exclaimed. Both of the waited for that person to pass the line excitedly and at the same time, nervous.

A few seconds later, “Yes!” Yuri exclaimed excitedly after that guy was confirmed passing the red line with his left leg first.

“Aish!” Minho muttered. Yuri turned towards Minho with mischievous smile on her face. “Be a bit gentle, ok?”

“Hurry up!” Yuri said eagerly while being ready to flick Minho’s forehead. Minho drew his face closer to enable Yuri to do it. Yuri collected the energy in her hand before throwing a flick on his forehead until it produced a loud sound which shocked the people around them who paying their attention to this cute couple.

“Oh~” Everyone looked so pitied with Minho who was bearing the pain. Yuri just smiled in satisfaction.

“Ouch! It really hurts!” Minho muttered as he stomped his legs while rubbing his own forehead.

Yuri laughed as he looked so cute when stomping his legs. “I’m sorry…” She helped rubbing his forehead to make his pain disappeared quickly. “Omo! It looks red!” Yuri was quite shocked that the area that she flicked had turned red.

“Then, do you think you do it gently for it not to turn red?” Minho asked.

The people were smiling widely seeing the sweet and cute argument from Minho and Yuri.

“This time, I’ll take my revenge!” Minho said confidently.

“Let’s see who will win first!” Yuri added.

They waited for another person to pass through the line. And, then, there was a woman who was walking directing towards the line. They paid their attention fully on her. And, finally…

“Oh, yes!” Minho was so excited after he got to flick Yuri’s forehead.

“Aish…” Yuri bit her lips. “I’ll be back later.” Yuri said while getting up.

“Kwon Yuri~” Minho called playfully while grabbing her hand. “You can’t go anywhere. Come here.” He pulled her and forced her to sit back. Yuri finally just decided to accept her punishment. “Here I come.” Minho collected the energy in his hand.

Yuri closed her eyes tightly as she waited nervously. However, Minho looked kind of lost of his focus on flicking Yuri’s forehead as he stared at her face lovingly. “What are you doing? Hurry up!” Yuri added after a few moments while still closing her eyes.

Instead of doing the punishment, Minho gave a kiss on her lips which raised the cheer from the people around them. Those people were very envious at Yuri and Minho who acted so cute and sweet to each other. Yuri immediately opened her eyes when she felt something smooth and soft touched her lips. She looked at Minho in shock.

Minho just grinned widely. Yuri hit his arm gently as she was very embarrassed that he kissed her in front of many people. Then, they arrived at the station that they want to go. “Thank you, everyone!” Minho waved to those people who cheered for them while pulling Yuri along, exiting from the train. Yuri just smiled widely.

-----------

Taeyeon was sitting on the bench at the park in the neighbor. Strangely, she was alone without anyone else. Her expression didn’t seem too good and she kept taking a look at her wristwatch and kept sighing every time she took a look at it.

She swung her legs slowly and sometimes, she stomped her legs with angry expression. “Where’s him?!” She shouted.

“I’m here!” Wooyoung surprised her while putting his hands on her shoulders from behind.

“Argh!” She startled. She turned her head to the back and gave him a glare. “What is this?!”

He laughed as he came beside her and took a seat. “Why are you so serious?”

“Why?!” She asked in disbelief. “You know what time is it now?”

“Time?” He raised his eyebrows before taking a look at his wristwatch.

“It has been an hour since you promise to see me here!” She said loudly as he was looking at his wristwatch.

“Really?” He looked quite shocked. It seemed like he didn’t purposely to be late but there was something on his minds that had made him to forget about time. Luckily, he still remembered that he was supposed to see Taeyeon. “I’m sorry~” He asked for her forgiveness cutely.

“Do you think an apology is enough for this? Not only you make me wait here alone for an hour, you even didn’t answer my calls! Where’ve you been actually?!”

He looked hesitant to tell her the truth. “Well… I… I didn’t go anywhere.” He lied.

“Then, why didn’t you answer my call?”

“Maybe… maybe I put it on silent mode.”

Taeyeon suddenly turned her head towards Wooyoung and looked into his eyes seriously. He raised his eyebrows while blinking his eyes faster. He really got scared with her glare. “Ah, seriously…” She sighed and looked away.

“Why~?” He asked cutely while holding onto her hand. “I’m really sorry. I didn’t do it on purpose. Please~” He made a puppy face.

“Is there something bothering you? You’re acting strangely lately. You never do this to me before.” Taeyeon looked into his eyes hoping that he would tell her everything in case there was indeed something.

“N… nothing.” He immediately avoided her gaze. “I… it just slipped my minds, that’s all. Don’t worry.” He looked at her back and she still seemed angry. “Now, don’t be mad anymore.”

“I don’t know.” She closed her eyes while pouting her lips.

Seeing her cute face like that, he smiled and just took the chance to kiss her. She immediately opened her eyes in shock but then, realized what was going on, she slowly closed her eyes back.

He drew his face away from her. They both opened their eyes. Taeyeon’s expressions were mixed of anger and happiness. She still tried to cover her smile by showing her angry face.

“Do I have received your forgiveness now?” Wooyoung asked while smiling confidently.

“Not yet.” Her smile still could be seen obviously on her face though she wanted to hide it.

“Then, what should I do?” He asked while smiling as he knew she didn’t be mad anymore.

“Give me piggyback.”

“Ok!” He replied before squatting down in front of her. She got up with a smile on her face, wrapping her arms around his neck and got on his back. He got up and walked slowly while giving a piggyback ride to Taeyeon. “Aigoo, so heavy~”

“What did you say?!” She hit his shoulder gently. Then, he suddenly started running. “Argh~” She shouted in happiness.

 After for a while, he couldn’t run anymore. “So tired~” He said while catching his breath. “Did you gain weight?” He asked playfully to .

“Yah!” She hit him harder than before this time.

“Ouch!”

Then, they both laughed in happiness. Wooyoung spun around while slightly turned his head towards back, taking a look at Taeyeon. For the meantime, he was thankful that he was able to forget his problem when spending time with Taeyeon happily.

-------------

Minho and Yuri were wandering around the shopping complex but Yuri was still clueless where the place that they were heading to was. He just pulled her along like she was his pet.

Then, Minho finally saw the place that he intended to go and went into it. Yuri took a look at the signboard of the shop. “Oh? Jewelry Shop?” Yuri asked Minho in confusion. Instead of answering her question, he just beamed at her.

Minho went to the employee of the shop. “Please bring me the prettiest and the most expensive couple rings in this shop.”

“Yes, sir.” The employee looked for couple rings which were the request by Minho.

Finally, Yuri understood what Minho was doing. She couldn’t help but smiled knowing the fact. Wearing couple rings had been a beautiful dream to all the girls after getting a boyfriend especially when boyfriend himself bought it.

Not too long after, the employee showed to Minho the couple rings that he looked for. It was indeed very beautiful.

Minho took one of the rings, the smaller ring which was for female and put it on Yuri’s finger. “Ah, it’s so perfect!” Minho exclaimed happily seeing the ring fitted Yuri’s finger perfectly. Minho waited for Yuri’s turn. “What are you doing? Put it on me.” Yuri chuckled before taking the male ring and put it on Minho’s finger. “How are these rings? Beautiful? Are you satisfied?”

Yuri nodded. “It’s indeed beautiful but…”

Minho didn’t give Yuri the chance to talk. “I’ll take this.” He said while giving the employee his credit card.

“Hold on, hold on…” Yuri held Minho’s arm to talk to him properly. “Are you really going to buy this?” She looked quite shocked with his sudden unexpected action.

“Yes. It’s every girl’s dream to wear couple rings, isn’t it?” He asked while smiling proudly.

“That’s the truth…” She nodded a few times while smiling. “… but it’s only that reason?”

Minho was hesitant before answering. “Well… it’s one of the reasons…”

Though Yuri had understood it, she still asked him to confirm, or precisely she would be happier if she heard it from his own mouth. “Then, what are those reasons?”

“Well…” He avoided her stare. “To show that you’re mine…” She smiled widely. “So that my heart will be at ease a bit. At least, I hope any guy around you will understand it and not try to catch your heart.”

“Geez, so childish.” Yuri grinned happily.

“Thank you, sir… and this is your receipt.” The employee gave the credit card and receipt to Minho.

Yuri and Minho walked out from the shop while interlocking hands. Yuri just stared at the ring on her finger with a wide smile stuck on her face. “But… do you have to buy the most expensive one? You should just buy the ordinary one. I don’t mind.”

“Of course I can’t!” Minho replied firmly.

“Why?”

“Some of the guys who are rich maybe thought that they can get your heart by using their wealth even you already have boyfriend. Therefore, this ring can show that your boyfriend is perfect, he is handsome, strong, can protect you and rich!”

Yuri laughed when she heard Minho gave the compliment to himself. “You’re really imagining things too much!”

“I didn’t imagine it, it’s the truth. I’m a guy, so I know what guys think. So, I forbid you take off the ring.”

“Alright.”

“Never ever ever take this off, get it? If I saw you not wearing it, you’re dead!”

“Yes, yes, Choi Minho-sshi!” Yuri emphasized. “Aigoo, so scary~” She made scared expression. “Why are you so scary?” She asked him playfully.

“It’s because my girlfriend is too pretty.”

Yuri laughed. “Oh, really? She is too pretty?” They started playing like they were talking about someone else.

“Yes. She is too pretty that any guy who meets him will fall in love with her.”

“Ah~ even myself feel too embarrassed to hear that! All my fingers are curled up!” They both laughed.

-----------

Not like usual day, Tiffany was studying at the library during recess since she got into fight again with Hyunjoong. Until now, they still didn’t reconcile. Both of them were too shy to initiate to talk with each other.

Just then, she moved her eyes and she found a guy whose back very familiar. Though she didn’t see his face, she got the feelings that it was Hyunjoong. However, she decided not to concern herself over that. She kept her eyes on the book back.

As expected, she couldn’t pay attention to study. She sighed and finally decided to take a look at the guy again who she thought it might Hyunjoong. However, that guy now had disappeared and he was nowhere to be seen. She looked around to find his trace but it was no use.

She sighed in disappointment and kept her eyes on the book back. “Wow, you study so hard nowadays~” Someone’s voice shocked her who sat beside her.

“Argh!” She was very shocked but fortunately, her shout wasn’t too loud to disturb other people in the library. But, what makes her more shocked that it was Hyunjoong who suddenly appeared beside her. “Wh… what are you doing here?” She still looked very shocked until she stuttered.

“Aren’t you looking for me just now?” He asked proudly.

“Huh?”

“Not? Then, I guess I should go now.” He pretended to be sulking.

“No, no. That’s not what I meant!” She grabbed his arm and forced him to take the seat back. He just smiled widely later. She still looked confused. “Then…” She looked hesitant before continuing, “… are we okay now?” She referred about their last argument. “Are you still mad?”

He was hesitant before answering, “Actually, I want to apologize…”

“You’re really not mad now?” She asked in delight. “Then, everything’s solved now. So, don’t apologize because it was my mistake too.”

“Ok.” He smiled. He brought out something from his beg, a colourful box or precisely, it seemed like he had gotten a present for her. “Here.” He gave it to her.

“What is this?” She asked in confusion as she took it from him.

“It’s your birthday tomorrow, right?”

“Oh, you know?!” She asked in shock and delight at the same time.

“Of course, I’m your friend. How can I not know your birthday?” He smiled proudly.

“But why did you give it to me today?”

“Just…” He tried to be calm, not to be obvious of his real feelings as he said, “I just want to be the first person to give you present on your birthday this year. It’s the first present, right?”

Tiffany smiled widely, showing her eye-smile when hearing his sweet reason. “Yup, you’re the first.” She said while smiling shyly. He bit his lips to hide his smile though it was still obvious. “Tonight, I will throw a small birthday party at Soshi Girls’ villa. Are you going to come?”

“Yes, sure. Of course I’ll come.” She nodded while smiling. “Then, I’ll go first.”

“Ok, see you tonight.”

She looked at him until he disappeared from her sight. Then, she took a look at the present that he just gave in delight. She spotted a card that he attached on the box and she read the first sentence.

Dear, Mi young-ah…

He purposely used her real name to . “Ah, what is this?!” She muttered but she still smiled widely. She continued reading it.

Firstly, Happy Birthday! This is the first time I gave a present to the girl, so I hope you will like it. I really don’t know what I should give to you. Even if you don’t like the present, just pretend that you like, ok?

She laughed happily reading his cute way of writing to express his feelings.

Honestly, when I first met you, I never thought that our relationship will come to this far… ah, it sounds quite weird… I mean, I don’t know that we would get along well… yes, we did fight but every time we fight, we will make up and become closer, right? Aigoo, it’s really embarrassing to say this…

She kept smiling widely reading every each of his words. Honestly, she didn’t expect that he looked so cute when writing something like this. This letter had shown his cuteness.

Lastly, I hope we can keep being close for a long~ long~ long time, ok? Annyeong, keke ^^

She giggled in happiness even after finishing reading it. Everyone would think that she had gone insane for smiling widely over only a letter like that. She unconsciously showed her real feelings towards Hyunjoong by her reaction to his letter.

Her eyes slightly got widened and her wide smile slightly disappeared from her face as she spotted something that he wrote the below part of the card.

P.S I hope you will always remember this… 143

“143?” She asked in confusion as her eyebrows met.