Chapter 30

The Magicians of Love

[At Ying Ye high school]

The class had ended. Yuri was on the way to Minho’s class. She waited for a while in front of Minho class while looking for him. Unfortunately, she couldn’t see him. So, she decided to ask someone about him. She entered the class and went to a boy who sat beside Minho. “Excuse me, can I ask something?” Yuri politely started the conversation.

The boy, who was bagging his things, lifted his head up and he looked at Yuri before replying, “Yes.”

“Do you know where Minho is?”

“He didn’t come to school today.”

“Why?”

“I don’t know. Excuse me, I need to go back now,” the boy ended the conversation. He bowed a bit his body before leaving.

“So weird! Why he didn’t come to school? Is anything happen to him?” Yuri talked to herself while frowning.

Suddenly, she heard a girl talk to her from behind, “Are you looking for Minho?”

Yuri was a bit startled when hearing the girl talked. Then, she immediately turned her body towards that girl. She could see about three girls were standing in front of her. The girl, who spoke to Yuri just now, was facing Yuri and she looked like the leader of the trio. The two girls were standing at the left and right of that girl but a bit far from Yuri. Yuri smiled and replied, “Ah, yes! Do you guys know where is him?”

“Even if we know, we won’t tell you!” the girl answered arrogantly. She was chewing a chewing-gum and she just looked at Yuri briefly when speaking to Yuri. Then, the three girls started crossing their hands.

“I ask you nicely, so you better answer me nicely!” Yuri replied in high voice while starring at the girl who was facing her.

The three girls were a bit startled with the way Yuri replied. “Oh ~, so scared!” the girl pretended to be scared as she was jeering at Yuri. Then, she laughed and her two friends followed her with laugh. She spitted out the chewing-gum from . “Yah, how dare you talk to us like that! You are the first person to talk to us like that!” she said in high voice while pressing Yuri’s shoulder harshly. “Don’t you know us?!”

Yuri didn’t seem afraid at all with the girls. Instead, she felt really angry but she tried to hold her temper while heaving a few deep breathes. She just let the girl talked and did what they want. Then, she asked in confident voice, “It’s really necessary for me to know you guys?!”

“Of course!” the girl replied proudly while nodding. Her voice sounded cheerful when talking about herself like she is a perfect girl. Then, she changed her voice to high voice and asked while starring at Yuri, “Are you a new student here?!”

“Well… I can be considered so,” Yuri replied lazily while looking away.

“Since you are a new student, I’ll forgive you for what you did just now,” the girl responded. Yuri was just looking outside through window while raising one of her eyebrow. She not seemed to care about what that girl was going to say but she just stayed there as she didn’t want to pick a quarrel. “I’ll introduce myself and the two girls beside me. My name is Park Hyejin. Remember this, Park Hyejin!”

“Yes ~ ,” Yuri replied in lazy tone without taking a glance at Hyejin.

Then, Hyejin started to spell her name, “P-A-R-K H-…”

Yuri immediately turned her head towards Hyejin. “Yes, I know! Don’t need to spell! Do you think I’m very stupid?!” Yuri replied in high voice while starring at her.

“Oh, it’s very good that you figured it yourself. I don’t say that,” Hyejin replied while smirking. Yuri looked a bit exasperate but she still could hold her temper. “And, the girl at my right is Yoon Jiyoung and my left is Han Jieun. We are the member of Minho’s fan club and I’m the leader,” Hyejin added.

“Ok, whatever. You guys have finished, right? I want to go back first! Bye!” Yuri just about to go but she was stopped by Hyejin.

Suddenly, Hyejin grabbed Yuri’s arm to stop her from going anyway. “Wait! Don’t you still get it?”

“What?!”

“Aishh… Ok, I’ll explain. Not every person can easily approach Minho except the members of Minho’s fan club. In addition, someone must have good characteristics that were needed to join Minho’s fan club.”

“Good characteristics?!” Yuri asked in unbelievable voice while looking at Hyejin from foot to head. Then, she laughed while holding her stomach, “Are you kidding me?! You are so funny!”

Hyejin, Jiyoung and Jieun starred at Yuri angrily. “YAH!!!” Hyejin yelled angrily. “What are you doing?!”

“I… I’m sorry but you guys are so funny!” Yuri said while trying her best to stop her laugh. Then, she hove a few breathes and cleaned . “It’s okay. You guys don’t need to worry, I don’t have any interest to join the fan club.”

“Remember this! Don’t you ever dare to approach Minho again!” Hyejin warned Yuri.

“Why should I obey to your stupid rules?!” Yuri asked in high voice.

“YAH!” Hyejin yelled while pushing Yuri hardly until Yuri fell onto the floor and her hand got hurt after she was trying to balance herself while holding a broken window. “I gave you a warning but you don’t listen. So, don’t be angry, okay?”

“Ouch!” Yuri exclaimed her pain while looking at her hurt hand. She could see the blood started flowing from the scratched part. She took a deep breath while biting her lower lips. She had lost her temper. She immediately got up and starred at Hyejin with angry expression.

“Why?” Hyejin asked Yuri. Then, Yuri made a punch towards Hyejin’s face.

Jiyoung and Jieun looked so shocked after seeing Yuri’s action. “Hyejin-ah, are you okay?!” Jieun and Jiyoung asked in worried voice. The blood started flowing from Hyejin’s nose and Hyejin was exclaiming her pain while holding her nose.

Yuri just walked away angrily. “Yah! What are you guys doing?! Chase her!” Hyejin said to Jiyoung and Jieun in high voice. Then, they both quickly chased Yuri who was running away.

---------------

[At Hyunjoong and Tiffany’s class, Ding Feng high school]

The class had ended. There was no one in the class except for Tiffany who was resting her chin on the desk at her seat while closing her eyes. She really felt weaker than before as she didn’t have any time to rest. She was waiting for Hyunjoong. Not too long after, Hyunjoong entered the class while bringing along a few thick books with him. He walked to the in front seat and put the books on it. He looked at Tiffany and called, “Yah! Come here!”

Tiffany lifted her head up and looked at Hyunjoong with a weak expression on her face. She replied, “Hyunjoong, can we do it tomorrow?”

Hyunjoong walked to Tiffany’s seat. “Yah! What do you mean by tomorrow?! I have told you yesterday that we would do it TODAY, TODAY! Understand?! Not tomorrow!”

“Hyunjoong, please! I promise I’ll attend it, tomorrow, okay? I’m not really well today.”

“You think I’ll trust you?! Don’t need to make weak expression! I know you just want to skip the class, isn’t? And, I have said that I won’t accept any excuse! So, go to the in front seat now!” Hyunjoong said angrily while pointing to the in front seat.

Tiffany just got up slowly while holding on both side of her desk. She felt a bit dizzy. She didn’t have energy to have an argument with Hyunjoong. She just walked to the in front seat without a voice and she just followed what Hyunjoong wanted her to do.

Hyunjoong just starred at her. She sat down and opened the book. She just starred at the questions blankly. She tried her best to answer the questions but it seemed her brain couldn’t function properly during these times. After a few minutes later, she started feeling weaker and then, she rested her chin on the desk for a while. As she felt too weak, she fell into sleep. Meanwhile, Hyunjoong who was starring at Tiffany, talked to himself, “Is she sleeping?” Then, he got up as he decided to check her condition. He walked to Tiffany. He saw Tiffany was sleeping.

---------------

Yuri ran quickly while looking back as she was looking at Jieun and Jiyoung who was chasing her. Then, as she always looked back, she didn’t realize the presence of Nickhun and Taecyeon who were walking towards her. Because of that, she bumped into them. “Ouch!” The three of them exclaimed almost at the same time as they fell together on the ground.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry!” Yuri apologized to Nickhun and Taecyeon while getting up. Then, she ran away.

Nickhun and Taecyeon didn’t have chance to see the face of girl who bumped into them and they just could see Yuri’s back. “Did you see her face?” Taecyeon asked Nickhun.

Nickhun shook his head and replied, “Looks like she is running away from someone.” Nickhun got up first and he reached his hand to Taecyeon. Taecyeon got up with the help of Nickhun. “Eh! What is that?!” Nickhun asked in a shocked voice while pointing to Taecyeon’s shirt. Taecyeon immediately looked at his shirt and checked what the red liquid on his shirt was. “It’s blood, isn’t?” Nickhun added.

“Yes, it looks like blood but I don’t have any injury. So weird!” Taecyeon agreed with Nickhun. “Your shirt also…” Taecyeon said to Nickhun while pointing to Nickhun’s shirt. “Maybe it’s you who are injured?”

“Not!” Nickhun replied while shaking his head. “Maybe it’s from that girl?” Nickhun suggested.

“No way! How could she be injured when just bumping into us?! Besides, we don’t be injured at all, right?” Taecyeon didn’t agree with Nickhun’s suggestion. “Look! There are many drops of bloods!” Taecyeon added while pointing to the drops of bloods. They could see the drops of bloods came from Minho’s class until to where they were standing.

“Oh… That means she already has injury before bumping into us!” Nickhun exclaimed.

Then, they saw Jieun and Jiyoung were running towards them. “Hey, where are you guys going?” Taecyeon asked to Jieun and Jiyoung in serious tone.

“Oh! Taecyeon oppa! Nickhun oppa!”  Jieun and Jiyoung replied while smiling widely. “Did oppa see a girl who passed here?”

“Why did you two look for her?” Nickhun asked.

---------------

“She really looked pale,” Hyunjoong talked to himself. Hyunjoong was hesitated either want to touch Tiffany’s forehead or not. After a few seconds later, he slowly drew his hand to Tiffany’s forehead hesitantly. “Oh! It’s so hot!” he exclaimed while touching Tiffany’s forehead. Then, he knocked the desk to wake Tiffany up.

Tiffany slowly opened her eyes and she saw Hyunjoong was starring at her. She sat properly. “I’m sorry,” she said and then, she immediately opened the book.

“You can go home.”

“Huh?!” Tiffany asked while turning her head towards Hyunjoong. She asked not because she couldn’t hear what he said but she couldn’t believe what she just heard.

“I said you can go home,” Hyunjoong repeated what he said.

“Thanks!” Tiffany replied while giving a weak smile. Then, she started organizing all the books.

“It’s okay. Just leave it to me,” Hyunjoong said while holding both of Tiffany’s hands to stop her from organizing the books.

Tiffany was a bit shocked when suddenly Hyunjoong held her hands and she looked at him. Hyunjoong also looked shocked since he didn’t know why his hands suddenly held Tiffany’s hands. He immediately let go of Tiffany’s hand and replied, “I’ll do it. You can go home now.”

“O… Ok,” Tiffany stuttered. She immediately took her bag and walked away.

--------------

“Em… we…” Jieun hesitated.

“Oppa, just forget about what we want to do. We just want to know is there a girl who passed here,” Jiyoung immediately helped Jieun.

“Tell us! If not, we won’t let you go!” Taecyeon asked in high voice. Jieun and Jiyoung looked fright and they bowed their head. “Or, maybe you guys who injured her?!”

“No… we…” Jiyoung stuttered while looking at Jieun with ‘what should do’ expression was on her face.

“Yah! Tell us the truth! Did you guys who hurt her?!” Taecyeon asked angrily while starring at both Jieun and Jiyoung.

--------------

[At Minho’s villa]

In the living room, Minho was lying down on the sofa and his body was covered by a blanket. He was taking a short nap as he just took his medicine this morning. His face was covered by sweat. Then, the bell rang. Minho woke up and he got up slowly. “Did they forget bring the key?” he asked himself while walking towards the door.

He opened the door and standing in front of him, was a girl who he didn’t expect for her come. “Yuri!” he exclaimed happily and he gave her a sweet smile although he still felt a bit weak. “Come in,” he invited her to enter his villa. Yuri smiled and followed him to the living room.

“You look so pale. Are you okay?” Yuri asked in worried voice while looking at Minho.

“Yes, I have fever. But now, I feel better since I have taken the medicine and my body’s temperature has decreased,” Minho answered while smiling. Truthfully, he felt very happy as he looked at Yuri’s concerned face.

“Sorry, this all happened because of me,” Yuri apologized while bowing her head. She really felt guilty for what happened to Minho.

“No, this is not your fault,” Minho replied in higher voice. “This is because of the rain! It made me wet,” Minho was trying to make Yuri felt better.

Yuri lifted her head up and gave a small laugh while looking at Minho. Minho also smiled widely after looking at Yuri’s reaction. Surprisingly, her presence really made him feel better, really better than the medicine could give him. He felt like he got energy with her presence as she brightened up his mood.

“What happened to your hand?” Minho asked in worried voice while starring at Yuri’s hurt hand.

“Oh… this?” she asked while showing Minho her hurt hand. “Em… I fall because of my clumsiness,” Yuri lied and then she pretended to laugh as she was trying to make her lie looked true.

“So, why did you just leave the wound like that?” Minho asked in high voice.

“Maybe it will get better soon,” Yuri replied.

“Aish! You really make me feel worried,” Minho muttered while looking straight into Yuri’s eyes. Yuri was a bit shocked. She didn’t understand what Minho meant by his words. “Wait here!” Minho added and then, he got up. Yuri’s eyes just followed Minho who was entering the kitchen. She wondered what Minho wanted to do.

After a few minutes later, he came back with a first aid box in his hand. He sat down beside Yuri and put the first aid box on the table and he opened it. “Give me your hand,” Minho said while looking for the needed things in the first aid box.

“Minho, it’s okay. I don’t need it,” Yuri replied.

Minho just ignored Yuri’s excuse and he continued looking for the needed things in the first aid box. “Give me your hand,” Minho repeated what he said.

“Minho, I’m really okay. I don’t need for this,” Yuri kept refusing. Finally, Minho stopped what he was doing and turned his head towards Yuri. He starred at her with angry expression on his face. He was angry at her for her stubbornness. He continued starring at her without uttering any words. Yuri’s heart started beating faster and she couldn’t resist Minho’s stare. “O… Ok,” she finally gave up while reaching her hand to Minho. Minho took her hand and started putting the medicine on the wound part. She was very happy as Minho was angry at her because she refused his offer to help her put the medicine. She just smiled widely while starring at Minho who was concentrating putting the medicine on her hand. She really liked to see his focused face. “Minho, can I ask something?”

“Yes,” Minho replied while taking only a glance at Yuri as he was still putting the medicine on Yuri’s hurt hand.

“Do you have a fan club?”

“No. Why did you suddenly ask?”

“Emmm… then, who are Park Hyejin and her two friends?”

“They? They are just my fan and they set up the fan club by themselves. Sometimes, they really annoy me.”

“So, you are not close with them?” Yuri asked.

“Of course I’m not close with them! I always try to avoid them as best as I could. Why did you ask about them?”

“Nothing. I’m just curious,” Yuri replied.

---------------

[In front of Ding Feng high school]

Hyunjoong was on the way to his motorbike. Coincidentally, he saw Tiffany and he stopped for a while. Tiffany was crossing the road while lurching. Then, he saw there was a lorry was driven towards her. He kept watching Tiffany but there was no reaction from Tiffany. She just stood on the way of the lorry while holding her head.

“TIFFANY!!!” Hyunjoong shouted as he was trying to give a warning to Tiffany about the lorry which was approaching Tiffany. Unfortunately, Tiffany not seemed to hear Hyunjoong’s warning as she felt very dizzy.