Chapter 50

The Magicians of Love

Yuri and Minho kept looking into each other’s eyes while blinking their eyes faster. They were very shocked until their bodies were frozen and couldn’t do anything. They stayed in that position for a moment with their lips still touching each other’s lips.

Everyone started to cheer for them. The staff who checked the ticket came to them. He squatted down near to Yuri and Minho. He just stared at them as he thought his presence would affect Minho and Yuri. However, Minho and Yuri just stayed in that position like they were in their own world and there was no one around them.

“Excuse me, can I see your ticket?” The staff asked after a moment since Yuri and Minho didn’t move at all.

Just then, both of Yuri and Minho realized what was actually happening around them. It seemed like they were just awake from their own world. Minho got up first and then, he helped Yuri to get up. He looked around and was quite shocked as all the passengers kept their eyes on him and Yuri.

“I… I… I’m sorry.” Minho apologized to all the passengers while bowing his body. “We didn’t do anything…” He pointed to himself and Yuri. “J… just… it’s just an accident.” He explained while rubbing his neck as he felt too embarrassed.

“Anyways, can I see your ticket? Both of you.” The staff said. Yuri and Minho looked hesitant which caused the staff wondered. “Why? I said I want to see your ticket, please.” Yuri took her ticket and gave it to the staff. “Ok.” After checking Yuri’s ticket, he gave it back to her. “And, what about you?”

“I… hm… I…” Minho looked hesitant. Yuri looked at him worriedly. There was no use to lie anymore. She was really worried what they might do to Minho. “I don’t have it.” He said truthfully after a moment.

“What?!” The staff asked in disbelief. “Then, how can you be here?”

“That… that… I’ll explain…”

He cut Minho off. “Hey, this is really a serious matter. I must take an action for this.”

“Mister, this isn’t his fault…” Yuri begged while holding onto the staff’s arm.

“Then, it’s your fault?” He asked Yuri seriously.

“N… no… I mean… please don’t do anything to him.”

“Yuri-ah, it’s okay. Just go to your seat back.” Yuri was about to open to reply. “Don’t worry about me, okay?” Minho pushed her gently, motioning her to go back to her seat. She didn’t have other choice except obeying to him.

“You can’t go anywhere. Just stay here with me. I’ll send you to the police station once we arrived at the next station.”

“Please let me go this time. I won’t do it again. I’ll explain why I’m doing this.” Minho tried to persuade the staff.

“Hey, you know that what you did is…”

“Yes, I know it. But, I don’t have any choice.”

The staff sighed while looking at Minho. “Alright, let’s just listen to your explanation.” He agreed because Minho seemed like a nice guy.

“That girl… the one that was with me just now, I love her. I love her very much. But, we aren’t still together. Actually, I’m planning to confess to her. I just found out that she was going to her grandparents’ house by train. I was unable to buy the ticket since it was too late.”

“Aigoo… young people...” The staff sighed because the reason why Minho did all of these was love. “But, it still…”

“I couldn’t let her go just like that because I’m afraid that I might lose her before I get her. So, please let me go? I’m begging you.”

“Alright, alright!” The staff finally agreed to help Minho. “I won’t take any action to you. I just help because you seem like a nice person. If you do that one more time, you are dead, understand?!”

“Yes, yes!” Minho smiled widely. “Thank you so much, thank you so much!” he bowed his body.

“And, treat her well and make her happy.”

“Yes, of course! I’ll do that no matter what.” Minho replied confidently. “Thanks so much once again.” The staff smiled while patting Minho’s back warmly.

Minho went back to where Yuri’s seat located. He looked at her with a smile on his face as he sat beside her. However, Yuri didn’t seem to realize about his presence as she kept her stare on the window. “Hey, what are you thinking about?” He poked her cheek softly.

“Oh!” She was startled with that. “Are you okay? He didn’t do anything to you?” Minho could see the worry in her eyes.

“What were you thinking about until you didn’t realize about me?” Minho raised his eyebrows while smiling.

“I feel very uneasy, thinking about what they might do to you. But, are you really okay?”

“Yes, everything’s fine. Don’t worry.” He folded his arms and smiled widely.

“But, how can you escape? Didn’t that he plan to do something because you don’t have any ticket?”

“It’s a secret.” He put his index finger at his lips. He gave her a playful smile.

“What is this?!” Yuri burst into anger and hit his arm.

“Ohhh…” Minho chuckled after getting hit by her. “You are really scary when you get mad!”

“Minhooo~” She called him while pouting her lips. “Just tell me what you did.”

“Aigoo~ you are so cute!” He pinched her cheeks. However, she replied him with a death glare. “I… I…” He got quite scared by her. “Eh~ don’t worry too much about that. What the most important is I’m here isn’t?”

“But, I just want to know.”

“Don’t worry. Just believe in my, okay?” Yuri finally agreed though she was still unsatisfied. “Anyways, your punishment…”

“Yes?” Yuri looked clueless. Minho held her arm and leaned his head on her shoulder again. “Ahh…” She finally understood and burst into chuckle. “Aigoo~ you still remember about that.”

“Of course!” Minho exclaimed and he held onto her arm tighter. He closed his eyes.

After a moment, Yuri asked as Minho didn’t utter any words. “Are you sleeping?” There was no response which caused Yuri to check him out. He still closed his eyes. “You fell asleep pretty fast.” She his hair gently. “Maybe it’s because you are still weak. Why did you have to follow me? You should have taken an enough rest right now. I don’t want you get sick again because of me.” She wiped the sweat on his face gently. “But… why didn’t you speak anything about the kiss? Actually, I want more than friends. Why aren’t you moving immediately after our lips met? You can just move but you choose to stay in that position. I guessed it was a false hope or maybe I expected too high. But, do you still love Victoria unnie? Can’t you give me some space in your heart? Or at least, can’t you give me a key of the way to your heart and I’ll find by myself how to walk to your heart? Aigoo…” She sighed. “I sounded so pathetic.” She stared at his face while touching his face gently. “Anyways, I’ll always love you and will be always by your side not matter what especially when you need me.”

Minho’s lips curled up as he heard her confession. Honestly, he was still in doubt about her feelings towards him because he just heard that from someone else. But, right now hearing from was just too wonderful from him. He could feel the butterflies in his stomach. “Me too.” He replied shortly but answered everything what Yuri asked him.

“Yes? Aren’t you sleeping?” Yuri looked very shocked.

Minho lifted his head up. “Yah! Do you think I can sleep when you’re too noisy?” He smiled widely like his face was telling, ‘How can I sleep when I’m too happy?’

“Wh… what? Noisy?” She became more nervous after suspecting Minho might hear everything what she said just now. “Did you hear everything?"

“Hear what?” He pretended to be clueless.

“What I said just now.” She looked straight into his eyes.

“Well… it depends… you can think how do you want to.” He tried to , making her nervous.

“Minho! Don’t joke around on this time!” She raised her voice and the nervousness could be seen obviously on her face.

“Why are you so nervous?” He laughed. “Did you say something that I shouldn’t hear?” He gave a playful smile.

“That… that… that is not what I mean…” She really didn’t know how to explain.

“Then, it doesn’t make any difference if I heard or not, right?”

“But, it still…” She looked at him with a frown on her face.

“Yes?” He raised his eyebrows in pleasantness.

“Never mind. Just forget it.” She bowed her head and kept her stare on the floor. She still looked very worried.

Minho felt quite guilty for making her like that. “Yuri…”

“Yes?” She looked at him. He looked at her hand and held onto it tightly. Yuri looked at his hand which was holding onto her hand in confusion. “Why?”

“I have something to tell you. Actually, I…” He paused for a while. He thought it would more romantic if he confessed at night than confessing in the train with many people around them. He wanted to be alone with her when he confessed. “Never mind… I’ll tell you tonight.”

“Ah! Again! You are joking around again!!!” She burst into anger and hit his shoulder continuously.

“Yuri, I promise I’ll tell you tonight!” He held both of her hands to stop her from keeping hitting him. “Ok, promise~” he made puppy eyes and finally Yuri agreed. They made the promise by their pinky fingers. “I’ll tell you tonight.” Minho smiled to her.

“Why tonight? Why can’t you tell me now?” Yuri still looked mad.

“Because it’s a suitable time. Okay? Just wait because I know what I’m going to say will make you happy and it will affect both of us.”

“Really?” A sparkle could be seen in her eyes. “Then, can’t you tell me the topic of what you are going to say?”

“No, you’ll know tonight.” He smiled. “Oh! We’ve arrived!” He exclaimed after the train has arrived at the station where Yuri’s grandparent’s house located.

-----------

Yuri and Minho decided to take a taxi to go to her grandparent’s house. Both of them were enjoying the view of that place on the way to her grandparent’s house. This place was very nice and it was totally different from Seoul. There were many trees and fewer cars which gave a calm atmosphere.

“This place is really nice. It has been long since I last come to the countryside.” Minho said.

“Yes, I really miss this place. I’ve grown up at this place since I moved from Seoul when I was 6 years old until I was 16 years old. So, I had lived here about 10 years.”

“Oh, you stayed here before? Wow, it must be fun, right?”

“Yes.” She nodded. “But, when I first arrive here, I was very sad.”

“Why?”

“On that time, I have to leave everyone at Seoul including my two best friends, Yoona and Tiffany. I’ve been friends with them since I was born. You know how it felt, right?”

“Yes, of course I know.”

“I lost contact with Yoona and Tiffany after that. I tried to find them after I moved to Seoul back but even how much I tried, I still can’t find them.”

“So, how did you meet with them again?”

“Actually, they are just very near to me. But, even we are near to each other, we still didn’t figure it out at first. It took some time for us to recognize each other.” She added excitedly, “But now we have been close like before!”

Minho took a look at Yuri with a smile on his face. As he wanted to change his stare to the window, he accidentally saw the driver of the taxi who kept checking Yuri out through the mirror. He looked quite mad.

“Hey, girl.” The driver started the conversation with Yuri.

“Yes?” Yuri blurted out since she didn’t expect that the driver would talk with her and the way he called her was very unique.

“Hey, don’t you have manner? How can you just call her like that?” Minho asked harshly.

“Minho, it’s okay. I don’t mind.” Yuri calmed Minho down.

“Then, why should I call her? I don’t know her name.”

“You are supposed to call a girl you don’t know as a ‘miss’. Just a simple thing like that you don’t know?! Wow, so unbelievable!” Minho rolled his eyes in annoyance.

“Minho, it’s okay!” Yuri shook his arm.

“What is your name?” The driver asked Yuri.

“Yes? Oh… my name is Kwon Yuri.” Yuri smiled.

“Hey, why did you tell your name?” Minho looked at Yuri with anger in his eyes.

“Well… what’s wrong with that?”

“Oh, I see. Kwon Yuri. You are really pretty.”

“A… ah, yes. Thank you.” Yuri smiled bashfully.

“Hey, be careful with your words!” Minho warned him.

“Minho! What’s wrong with you?! He just gave a compliment to me.”

“Why are you getting so mad when I talked to her?” the driver smirked.

“You know, she is my girlfriend!” Minho said seriously and grabbed Yuri’s hand. Yuri looked at Minho in astonishment.

“Is that true?” the driver asked Yuri.

“Yes?” Yuri looked shocked. She didn’t know how to explain. “Well, we aren’t…”

“Of course we are!” Minho cut Yuri off and shut by giving her a peck on her cheek. Yuri’s eyes went bigger. She didn’t understand why he kept pretending as her boyfriend in front of the driver.

After a few minutes later, they had arrived around Yuri’s grandparent’s house. “We’ve arrived.” The driver informed.

“How much is it?” Yuri asked with a smile on her face which caused Minho to be a bit angry because Yuri was still being nice to the driver.

“Hm… let’s see…” The driver rubbed his chin. “Since you are pretty, I’ll give you a discount.”

“Really?” Yuri sounded so happy and excited. “Then…”

Minho immediately cut her off. “We don’t need any discount! We’ve enough money to pay!” He gave the driver a big amount of money which was much higher than it should be. “Just keep the change! Yuri, let’s go!” He got off from the taxi and he closed the door back harshly.

Yuri just stared at Minho who kept acting strangely in confusion. After Minho got off from the taxi, she changed her focus on the driver back. “I’m sorry on his behalf.” She gave an awkward smile.

Minho who was waiting for Yuri outside the car, kept wandering around. He stopped after Yuri still didn’t come out after a moment. “What is taking her so long?!” He asked angrily.

Just then, Yuri got off from the taxi. She looked at Minho with a smile on her face like nothing was wrong. Minho folded his arms and looked at her seriously. “Why?”

“Why?” Minho asked in disbelief. “Ceh!” He rolled his eyes in anger. “Are you kidding me?”

“Minho~ What do you mean?” A frown could be seen on her face. “Ah, yes! And, what’s wrong with you? Why are you getting mad and acted as my boyfriend in front of the driver of the taxi?”

“Don’t you care at all? He was bothering you! I just helped you.”

“What are you talking about? He is a nice guy.”

“How did you know he is a nice guy? He kept saying you are pretty! Don’t you think there is a bad intention behind his nice words?” Yuri looked at Minho in disbelief. She was very shocked of how Minho acted. “Don’t you always be cautious around strangers especially guys? And, what’s up with your action towards that guy just now? I don’t see any cautiousness in it! Besides, in the train, you even wanted to hit me, the person that you know very well! Wow! This is really too much!”

“Ceh!” Yuri rolled her eyes in pleasantness as she burst into laughter. “What’s wrong with you actually?” She smiled widely as she patted his arm.

“Seriously, do you like that guy?” Minho asked her seriously.

“Well… what if I really like him? Is that wrong?” She tried to joke around.

“Of course it’s wrong! I’m very mad!” He slightly raised his voice.

“Why are you mad?” Yuri smiled widely, waiting for his reply.

“That’s because… that’s because… I’ll tell you tonight.”

“Minho! You are really…” Yuri sounded so angry.

“The things that I want to tell you is concerned to this. So, tonight, okay?” He sighed. “Why should we argue like this?”

“Yes, your body is still weak.” Yuri looked at him with concerned face.

Minho smiled widely after hearing Yuri’s reply. He put his arm around her shoulder. She looked at him in confusion. “My body… is really weak.” He acted like he was very sick.

Yuri burst into chuckle. “Aigoo~” She looked at him while making her eyes smaller.

“Yuri-ah!” They heard a voice that was calling for Yuri.

She turned around, looking at where the voice came from. “Oh! Grandpa!” She said excitedly before running towards her grandfather. Minho smiled and followed her slowly, still being careful with his legs. “Grandpa! I really miss you!” she hugged her grandfather tightly.

“Yes, I miss you too.” He Yuri’s hair. “You have grown up very well. You are so pretty now and even taller than me.” She let go of her grandfather and smiled widely. Her grandfather spotted Minho who was standing beside Yuri. “Oh! Who is him? Your boyfriend?” He sounded quite happy, asking about Minho.

“No, grandpa.” Yuri smiled shyly. “He’s just my friend.”

“Hello, grandpa. I’m Choi Minho!” Minho introduced himself enthusiastically while bowing his body politely.

“Yes. You are really good-looking and tall. But, you guys really aren’t…” He took a look at Minho and Yuri.

“Yes, we’re just friend.” Yuri replied while Minho was just silent and kept a wide smile on his face. “Anyways, where is grandma? Is her condition really bad?”

“She is at backyard.”

“Yes? What is grandma doing there?” Yuri looked very confused.

“As usual, working on our farm.”

“What?!” Yuri asked in shock. “How can grandma do a job when she is sick?” She looked very worried.

“Well…” Her grandfather looked speechless.

“Grandpa, why did you let grandma do that?”

“Why don’t you check her by yourself?”

“Yes? Alright.” Yuri in confusion went to the backyard to see her grandmother. “Grandma! Grandma!” She looked around looking for her grandmother. She looked very worried actually.

“Oh, Yuri-ah! You have come!” Her grandmother said happily.

Yuri immediately went to her. “Grandma, how can you work when you are sick?”

“I’m not sick at all.”

“Yes?” Yuri looked more confused. “But, grandpa said…”

“Oh… Yuri-ah… actually, we lied to you. I’m not sick. We did this just because we want to see you.”

“What?!” Yuri asked in shock. “Grandma!” She stomped her legs like a child. “You know, how worried I was?”

“Grandma is very sorry.” She hugged Yuri to comfort her.

“Grandma, you should just tell me if you want to see me. You don’t have to lie like this.” The tears could be seen in her eyes. She was very sad because she rarely went to see her grandparents since she lived at Seoul. She felt very guilty as her grandparents even had to lie to see her.

Her grandmother let her go. “Hey, why are you being sad like this?” she cupped Yuri’s face.

“I’m sorry, grandma. I should have visited you more often. It’s because I was too busy before but I promise to spend more time with you.”

“Yes, grandma understand. Don’t be sad like this. You’ll make me cry. Smile!” She tried to cheer Yuri up. Yuri gave a forced smile. “Wow, my granddaughter is the prettiest girl in the world when she smiles!” Yuri finally smiled widely. Grandmother spotted Minho who was coming towards them with Grandfather. “Who is him?”

Yuri turned around, looking at who grandmother referred to. “Oh, that’s my…”

“He’s your boyfriend?! Wow, he is so good-looking and tall!” Grandmother said excitedly while walking towards Minho.

“Grandma! He isn’t my boyfriend!” Yuri said but she just got ignored by her grandmother. “Aigoo…” she sighed with a smile on her face. She came closer to them.

“Hello, grandma!” Minho greeted warmly.

“Aigoo, you are really good-looking!” Grandmother gave a light hug to Minho. He smiled widely to grandmother. “I’m so happy because Yuri has chosen a great grandson-in-law for me.”

“Grandson-in-law?!” Yuri asked in disbelief as her eyes went bigger. “Grandma, we aren’t a lover.”

“Eh~ are you trying to lie to me? I can see in your eyes. Both of you are in love.” Grandmother looked at Minho. “Am I right? You are my granddaughter’s boyfriend, right?”

Minho didn’t utter anything but he just gave a nod as a response with a wide smile on his face. Yuri’s jaw dropped as she stared at Minho in shock. How could he say yes? Lying to other people was acceptable but right now, he was lying to her grandmother, this would be a serious problem later. “M… Minho…”

“Then, let me prepare some food for you.” Grandmother said to Minho.

“Ok, grandma.” Minho replied enthusiastically.

“Let’s get into our house.” Grandmother pulled Minho towards the door of the house. Minho just let her to pull him. He turned around, taking a look at Yuri. She still stared at him in confusion. However, he just replied her with a grin and gave a wink at her.

Yuri burst into laughter. “Seriously, what’s wrong with him? Pretending as my boyfriend is not over yet?” She talked to herself. She smiled widely while shrugging.

--------------

As Yuri was helping her grandmother to prepare the food, Minho was having a fun conversation with grandfather. “So, how long have you known Yuri?” Grandfather asked.

“I think, until now, around 3 months. We become best friends since back then.”

“How did you meet her? Are you guys classmates?”

“No, we aren’t classmates but we are schoolmates. Anyways, our first meeting was in the train. I still remember it very well. As there were many people in the train, everyone kept pushing each other. Because of that, she slipped and fell onto me.”

“Oh… I see. I think you and Yuri are very close since you even come here with her. This is the first time ever I saw her close with a guy. I think you are special to her. I can see in her eyes. It seems like she is really happy which I never saw her being like that before. Maybe it’s because of love?” Minho smiled widely. “Honestly, do you like her?”

Minho looked quite shocked of grandfather’s unexpected question. “Ah, yes. I like her.” He smiled bashfully. “Actually, I love her.” He added as his cheeks turned red.

Grandfather burst into laughter seeing how Minho became too bashful. “Then, when are you going to make a move on her? I’m sure she likes you too. From her eyes, I can see it, the feelings of being in love.”

“I think tonight.” Minho smiled.

“I give you all my support. But, please don’t ever hurt her. I know Yuri very well as she also had grown up with me. She is someone who is easily hurt though she won’t show it obviously. She often kept her sadness or anger on someone in her heart. We can say that… she will express openly when she is happy but not when she is sad and is hurt. And, also once she was hurt, it would take some time for her heart to be healed again.”

“Yes, thank you so much, grandpa. I’ll remember that.” Minho smiled convincing grandfather that he won’t ever hurt Yuri. He would be happy if Yuri was happy. So, he won’t do anything that would make Yuri sad. He was very glad that he could know her better through her grandparents especially about how she would act when she was happy or sad.

He never thought about that and when he recalled all the times when he was with her, he was sure what grandfather said was absolutely right. She expressed openly when she was happy but when she was sad or angry, she didn’t show it obviously. He couldn’t say that she was angry unless he kept his eyes on her. She would just be silent. All he could think, so far… her getting angry at him was concerned to Victoria. When they first had dinner with Victoria, she was angry because Victoria tried her best to have all Minho’s attention on herself only which made Yuri seemed like an idiot. And, when Minho left Yuri alone in such a cold weather, she didn’t express her anger on him. Instead, she avoided him when he tried to talk to her.

Not too long after, Yuri came out from the kitchen while bringing along many delicious food. She served them on the table. She spotted Minho and her grandfather who were having a serious conversation. “What are you talking about?”

“Nothing.” Minho shook his head with a smile on his face.

“Eh~ there must be something! Are you hiding something from me?” Yuri looked at her grandfather to find out what they were talking about. “Grandpa, what did you talk with him?”

“Yuri-ah, this is talk between men. So, I can’t tell you.”

“Ah! Grandpa!” Yuri whined. “You rather have side on him over your own granddaughter?! Plus, grandpa just saw him today!” Minho and grandfather just laughed seeing Yuri’s reaction.

------------

The day had turned into night. Yuri was waiting for Minho in the living room. He was in the washroom. Not too long after, he came out with a towel clinging around his neck. He spotted Yuri. “Oh, what are you doing here alone?”

“Have you finished?” Minho nodded. “Let’s go. I want to show a place.”

“Where is it?”

Yuri got up and went to Minho. “You’ll know once we reach there.” She grabbed his hand and pulled him towards the door.

“Wait, wait, wait!” Minho stopped Yuri from pulling him away. “My towel.”

“Just put it there.” Yuri pointed to the sofa.

“But…”

Yuri took the towel which was clinging around Minho’s neck and threw it to the sofa. Then, she pulled him going out from the house. They went to the backyard and walked to the farm.

“Seriously, where are we going right now? It’s really okay to walk in this area at night?”

“Yes, don’t worry too much.” She smiled. Minho looked at her with a smile on his face. He wondered if she still remembered about the things that he was going to tell her tonight.

They kept walking and kept walking. Minho could watch many types of plants on the way. Though it was night, they still could see the beautiful scenery. “Is this farm your family’s? I thought you aren’t rich but thinking that your family has this big farm, you’re absolutely rich.”

“Huh?” Yuri looked obviously shocked of Minho’s question. “Hm… this is not my family’s farm. My grandparents just take care of it.”

“Really? If I’m not mistaken, grandpa said ‘our farm’ this afternoon. So…”

“That… em… I think my grandparents have assumed this farm like it is theirs since they have been taking care of it for long.”

“Oh, I see…” Minho nodded. Seeing Minho believed what she said, she hove a sigh of relief. As they kept walking, it felt like the land was getting higher. “Are we going to climb a hill?” He asked after a moment asked he felt like they were walking to the place that was higher than before.

“Em… you can assume it like that but it’s not too high like a hill.” She replied while beaming at him. “I’m sure you will be amazed after I show that place.” Not too long after, they reached at the peak. Both of them caught their breath since it was quite far from Yuri’s grandparent’s house. “We’ve arrived!” Yuri exclaimed happily.

Minho took a look at the surrounding. He could see a beautiful pattern which was resulted from the light of the houses and buildings. All that houses and buildings looked so small. “Are we on the highland?”

“Yes! It’s very pretty, right?”

“Yes…” Minho replied as he stared at the surrounding in amazement. The scenery was very spectacular. He didn’t see scenery like this from high place for long especially at night.

Yuri sat down on the soft grass. “Sit down.” She said to Minho. He nodded and sat down beside her.

“I never thought there would be a place like this here.”

“Since I was a child, I always came here whenever I have a problem. This place really gives me the calmness.”

“So, do you mean right now you have a problem even I’m with you?” Minho asked straightforwardly and he sounded quite disappointed.

“No, of course not.” Yuri chuckled. “I just want to show you the most special place for me.” She lied down on the soft grass. “Arghhh…” she shouted in satisfaction. Minho followed what she did and lied down beside her. He just stared at her face with a wide smile plastered on his face. “We can see many stars tonight! Wow so pretty! Minho, don’t you feel happy being here?” There was no response from Minho which caused Yuri to look at him. He just smiled at her. “Why?”

He grabbed her hand and held it tightly. Yuri looked at him and raised her eyebrows. “Don’t you feel curious of what I’m going to tell you?”

“Ah, yes! It just slipped from my minds!” Yuri smiled widely, waiting for what Minho was going to tell. “Hurry up! Please tell me!”

Minho placed Yuri’s hand on his chest, near to his heart. Because of that, Yuri seemed more nervous and naturally, her heart started pounding like it knew the owner of that heart was close to it. “Can you feel my heart beating?”

“Of course I can feel it. Otherwise, you must be dead.” She let out a chuckle purposely to hide her nervousness.

“Do you know my heart is beating for whom?”

“Huh? I don’t understand.” Yuri became more nervous for every word that came out from Minho’s mouth.

“Actually…”

Yuri cut Minho off. “Oh, it’s raining!” she exclaimed as she could feel the water fell on her face. As time went by, the rain was getting heavier. She immediately got up and followed by Minho.

“What are we going to do?” Minho asked. The distance from here to Yuri’s grandparent’s house was quite far and it would take some time and they would be drenched in rain. Plus, it was dangerous to walk down from this highland in this weather because it was quite slippery.

“There is a small hut around there.” Yuri pointed to an area which was not far from them. “I think we can stay there until the rain stop.”

“Ok.” Minho took off his jacket and covered it on his head and Yuri’s head. “Let’s go!” They carefully ran to that hut.

“Fuh!” Yuri hove a sigh of relief while wiping the water from her cloth. However, Minho still covered their heads with his jacket and his eyes were locking on her. Yuri was aware that Minho was just silent which caused her to look at him. Her eyes went bigger as the distance between their faces was very close. “Hm… I…” she bowed her head.

Unconsciously, Minho’s hand lifted Yuri’s chin up. Yuri seemed so shocked. Eventually, they were staring into each other’s eyes again. Minho slowly drew his face closer to Yuri. As he came closer, she closed her eyes waiting for his lips to touch hers.

All of a sudden, they were shocked by a sudden lightning. Both of Yuri and Minho opened their eyes and looked into each other’s eyes. Minho also dropped the jacket which was in his hand to the ground. Yuri drew her face away while cleaning . She felt very awkward but Minho’s eyes still locked on her.

She was aware of the jacket which was on the ground. “Y… y… you dropped it.” She stuttered. She took the jacket on the ground. She gave the jacket to Minho but he didn’t take it from her hand. “Minho?”

Out of the blue, he grabbed her arm and pulled her towards his chest. He gave a soft peck on her lips. She dropped the jacket again because she was very shocked. Yuri looked at him with confusion.

He held onto her shoulders and drew his face closer to Yuri’s face again to give her more intense kiss. She closed her eyes waiting for his lips to touch hers. This time, there was nothing to interrupt them. Minho planted his lips on hers and gave a sweet kiss. She returned his kiss.

------------

The sun rose and brightened up the day. The atmosphere was so calm but was a bit cold. The birds were chirping sweetly.

Yuri and Minho were still sleeping. After a few moments later, she was awake. She opened her eyes and got up. “Oh? Why am I sleeping here?” she asked to herself in confusion. She took the jacket which was covering her body when she was sleeping. She stared at the jacket trying to recall what happened last night. “Oh!” Her jaw dropped as she was shocked. “Kiss…” she touched her lips. She looked around and spotted Minho who was lying down beside her. It seemed like he was still sleeping.

She just sat silently, still thinking about the incident last night. She wondered why he initiated the kiss. Did he start to like her? Or did he think her as Victoria on that time? She couldn’t stop questioning about it. Yes, she did feel happy but if it’s just because of not what she wanted, it was better she didn’t get that kiss.

Suddenly, Minho’s hand moved. “Are you awake?” She looked at him. She didn’t get any response from him. He looked unwell and a frown could be seen on his face. She sensed there was something wrong with him. “Minho, are you okay?” She touched his forehead and it was really hot. “Minho! Minho!” She shook his body to wake him up.

“Y… yes?” he answered weakly but he still closed his eyes.

“You must get up. We should go back to my grandparent’s house immediately. Your body is too hot.”

He finally opened his heavy eyes. “Yes.” He replied shortly and tried to get up with Yuri’s help.

----------

Yoona just came out from the washroom with a towel on her shoulder after taking a bath. “How long Yuri has to be there? I did feel quite lonely sleeping in this room alone.” She said as she closed the door.

When Tiffany, Sunny, Taeyeon and Jessica were by her side again, she didn’t feel lonely anymore. She meant that she was only lonely when Yuri not slept with her. They usually slept together in one room, so she did feel empty.

“Why are you lonely? I’m here, remember?” She heard a familiar voice which startled her.

“Argh!” She accidentally dropped the towel. She turned around towards where the voice came from.

“Good morning!” Donghae greeted with a grin on his face. He was lying down on Yoona’s bed.

“Ah! What is this?! You startled me!” She scolded him. “Why did you sneak to my room? Luckily, I already wear my cloth properly in washroom. Otherwise…” She stopped as it was really embarrassing to say.

However, Donghae completed her words. “… I’ll watch your ‘real’ body and it would be spectacular!” He laughed.

“YAH! Lee Donghae!” She yelled at him though her cheeks were turning red. “ert!” He just laughed happily. He got up from the bed and took the hair dryer which was on the table. After that, he sat down back on the bed. “What do you want to do with that?”

“Come here.” He motioned Yoona to sit beside him.

“Why?” She raised her eyebrows.

“Just come here.”

“I won’t until you tell me the reason.” She smiled playfully.

“Aish! This girl…” Donghae bit his lower lips. “I said come here! Otherwise, I’ll do something to you.”

“I won’t!” Yoona stuck her tongue out.

“You really don’t want to come here?” Donghae asked seriously. She just nodded while smiling playfully. “Are you sure?” She still nodded confidently. “Don’t say I don’t give you a warning.” He got up while staring into Yoona’s eyes. He came closer to her.

The smile faded away from her face. “Wh… what… are you going to do?” The nervousness replaced the smile on her face. All of a sudden, he grabbed her hands and pushed her to the wall in a blink of an eye which shocked Yoona. She widened her eyes.

He stared at her face while smirking. “How could you not listen to what I said? You must get a punishment, right?” He drew his face closer to hers and kissed her nose.

“Ceh! What kind of punishment is this?” She rolled her eyes. “Do you think I get scared of that?” She gave a peck on his lips which actually shocked Donghae.

“Ohhhh~ you are really brave now!” He pinched her cheeks.

She just grinned. “Anyways, why did you ask me to come to you just now?”

Instead of answering Yoona’s question, Donghae pulled her and made her to take a seat on her bed. “Just sit down comfortably here. I’ll do everything.”

“Huh? What do you want to do?” Donghae the hair dryer. Yoona immediately got what he was trying to do. “Donghae, it’s okay. I can do it by myself.” She tried to take the hair dryer from Donghae’s hand.

“Eh~ just let me do this…”

“But…”

“Do you want me to shut your mouth up again?” He warned her. “You know what, when your boyfriend wants to help you, you should just accept it and thank him. Did I have to teach you about that?”

Yoona burst into laughter. “Yes~ I get it.” Donghae smiled and started drying Yoona’s hair gently with the hair dryer.

“You know how lucky are you for having me as your boyfriend? Good-looking, smart, popular and kind… I bet you won’t find any guy like me for the rest of your life.”

Yoona pretended like she was going to puke. “Aigoo! You are becoming more shameless lately!”

“I’m done!” He put the hair dryer back on the desk.

“Thanks.” She replied shortly and got up.

“Eh~ where are you going?” Donghae pulled her and made her to sit back on the bed.

“Why?”

“What did you do more after you take a bath?”

“I was going to put the lotion on my face just now.”

“Oh, I see.” Donghae took the lotion which was on the table and he opened it.

“Hey, what are you doing?” she tried to take the lotion from Donghae’s hand.

“Can’t you stay still?” He asked as he held her hand. “Just let me do it. I’m giving you a special treatment today.” He put some of the lotion on Yoona’s forehead, both of her cheeks, nose and chin. Then, he rubbed at the parts where he put the lotion.

He smiled while rubbing her face. She didn’t have other choice except staring at his face. She did feel embarrassed. She burst into chuckle. “It’s so embarrassing~” She tried to put away Donghae’s hands.

“Eh~ what is so embarrassing about?” He looked at her while making his eyes smaller. “Ok, I’m done. Wow, so pretty! You are like an angel!” He .

“Geez!” She lightly hit his arm. “Thanks.” She beamed at him.

“Just thanks?” He looked unsatisfied.

“Then, what do you want?” Instead of answering Yoona’s question, he just grabbed her and kissed her sweetly.

------------

“Grandma! Grandma!” Yuri called loudly after she reached at home with Minho who looked so weak and pale.

Grandmother immediately came out after hearing Yuri’s voice. “What happened to Minho?”

“I think he caught a cold. His body is so hot.”

“You bring him to the room first. Grandma will take the medicine.”

Yuri did what grandmother asked. She spread the blanket and helped Minho lying down on it. “Please bear with it from a while.” She his hair softly.

Grandmother came into the room. “Here.” She gave the medicine to Yuri.

“Thanks, grandma.” Yuri slightly lifted Minho’s head up to enable him to eat the medicine. After Minho ate the medicine, she gave him a drink. After that, he lied his head down on the pillow.

“Yuri-ah, I’ll make a soup for Minho.” Yuri nodded and grandmother came out from the room.

“Do you feel better now?” Yuri asked Minho.

He gave a weak nod as a reply. “Don’t worry, I’m fine.”

“You take a rest, okay?” She covered his body with another blanket. She got up and was about to go.

Minho immediately grabbed her hand. She looked at him. “Stay by my side… please?”

Yuri smiled and she sat down by Minho’s side. He held her hand tightly like he won’t let it go forever. He closed his eyes, trying to take a short nap. She his hair gently while smiling like a mom who was trying to make her son get some sleep. She stared at his face and observed at the every part of his face. He was just too good-looking and perfect.

After confirming he was asleep, she carefully moved and lied down beside him, sharing the same pillow with him. A few minutes later, Yuri fell into sleep. With interlocking hands, they both were asleep.

------------

Yuri was awake from sleeping. She opened her eyes and at the same time, her eyes went bigger. She seemed was shocked of something. All she could see when she opened her eyes was Minho who was staring at her with a wide smile on his face.

“You really shocked me.” She took a breath of relief. She immediately got up as soon as she remembered that Minho was unwell. “Are you okay now? Huh?” she cupped his face while observing his condition.

“Yes, I’m fine.” He held her hands and gave a smile, convincing that he was telling the truth. “And, what is this? You slept longer than a sick person!” He .

“I’m sorry.” She grinned in embarrassment. “Do you want to eat something?”

“I already had the soup that grandma made.”

“Ah… yes… then, are you really full now? Don’t you want something else? You must eat a lot because your body is still weak.”

“That’s not important thing right now.”

“Yes?”

“There is more important thing that we have to talk. It concerns both of us.” Yuri got more nervous as Minho was getting serious. “About last night…”

Honestly, she was afraid that he might say sorry to her because all his actions last night were only mistakes. She really didn’t want to listen of that. She tried to avoid it. “Minho, I think it’s better if I go to backyard to help my grandparents.” She got up and left Minho alone there.

Minho immediately got up and caught her up. He grabbed her hand and turned her around, facing him. “Wait! Why are you avoiding me? We have to talk.”

“N… no, I’m not avoiding you.” She lied. “Then, what are you going to talk about?”

“About last night…”

She cut him off. “You want to thank me, right? It’s okay. Of course, as your friend, I should show you the special place for me.”

“No, it’s not about that. Yuri-ah, you know what I’m talking right now.”

“Minho, what do you mean? I don’t understand.” She insisted to keep pretending to be clueless what he was talking about.

“After you showed me that place, we went to a hut because it was raining and there, we…” He paused as he thought it would be quite embarrassing to talk about that with her. “Do you really not remember?”

“No…” She shook her head. All of a sudden, Minho gave a surprise peck on her lips. She was extremely shocked. “M… M… Minho… wh… what are you doing?” She stuttered though her lips slightly curled up.

“Even I did that, you still didn’t remember?”

“My grandparents might watch us…” She looked around. Surprisingly, he gave her another peck on her lips. “Minho!” She slightly raised her voice but the happiness was still seen obviously on her face.

“Do you still not remember?”

“What if someone see…” And one more time, Minho gave her a kiss on lips. It seemed like Minho won’t stop until Yuri admitted that she did remember what happened last night. “Yes, yes! I remember!” she shouted and immediately covered with her hands.

Minho just stared at her face with a playful smile on his face. She returned his stare with bashful expression. He held her shoulders. “Can you be my girlfriend?” He asked shortly but it was enough to answer all the questions that had been bothering Yuri lately. “Not my friend but my girlfriend, my lover.”

Yuri bowed her head while smiling bashfully. She was still being silent, actually she just wanted to test Minho.

“Why don’t you answer me? So… this means you reject me?” He seemed so scared that Yuri might have rejected him. Instead of answering his question, she jumped to his embrace and hugged him tightly. She smiled widely. However, Minho still looked confused. “Yuri, wh… what does this mean? Are you accepting or rejecting?”

“Silly! Of course I accept!” She finally said some words for his question and she still was hugging him tightly.

“Really?!” He asked in happy tone. “Thank you. Thank you so much!!!” he wrapped his arms around her waist. He lifted her up and spun around 360°. They both laughed in happiness.