Chapter 74

The Magicians of Love

Hyunjoong just arrived at the airport in the US and he just went straight to the Star Royal Hotel Company for the meeting with the CEO. He could just attend the meeting for tomorrow but he was the one who wanted a quicker date as he really can’t wait to see someone that he had been missing and longing for.

He was asked to wait inside the meeting room of Star Royal Hotel Company along with his new secretary, Key Kim Kibum, who was also a young good-looking guy which made Hyunjoong more comfortable with. He also looked funny and has a good sense of humor which sometimes brightened up Hyunjoong who looked quite serious and sad with his problem. It seemed like there were only two of them, representing Avenue Company.

As they were waiting for the CEO of Star Royal Hotel Company to came, Key had been staring at his boss who couldn’t control how he felt. “Sir, you have been smiling a lot since we arrived in US. It’s the first time that I see you are so happy like this.”

“It’s a nice day, why shouldn’t we be happy?” Hyunjoong replied excitedly with showing Key a really wide grin.

“Just because of weather? Eh~ no way, there must be other reason, right?” Key looked suspicious with Hyunjoong’s unusual happiness especially during the days that he had spent time with his boss, his boss usually looked so gloomy.

“Well, of course there should be other reason too…” Hyunjoong indirectly admitted it.

“Oh, really? What is it?” Key asked excitedly out of curiosity of what could make this gloomy person be so happy and excited like a kid.

As they were talking, their conversation was interrupted when the sound of the opening of the door produced. Hyunjoong immediately got up from his chair, just being ready to greet the person that he really wanted to see. He made sure that he looked good and already put on a wide warm smile on his face. However, his smile slowly faded from his face as what he expected to see was different what he was currently seeing.

Nicole, as Tiffany’s secretary entered the meeting room. Hyunjoong wondered why there was different person entered this meeting room instead of Tiffany. Key looked at Nicole in amazement like he had been falling in love with her in love first sight. “Wow, really pretty…” He mumbled to himself in awe.

Nicole approached them with a wide smile on her face before greeting warmly, “Hello, it’s nice to meet you. Have you been waiting long? I’m really sorry for the delay.” She shook hand with Hyunjoong.

“Me too…” Key bashfully asked to shake hand too with Nicole.

“Oh?” Nicole looked quite surprised at first with Key’s bold yet shy action. “Alright, nice to meet you too.” She shook hand with Key while flashing a wide smile. Key looked very excited after he was able to touch Nicole’s hand.

Nicole continued talking to Hyunjoong to explain the further about their meeting and also with the absence of the CEO. “Actually, our CEO couldn’t make it to this meeting because she is ill…” She said hesitantly, which made quite obviously that saying those words were difficult for her like they weren’t the truth.

“She is sick?” Hyunjoong asked calmly. He didn’t deny that he also expected this coming because Tiffany must not want to see him, she must try to avoid him. “Then, I should have paid a visit to her. Where is she right now?”

Nicole looked very shocked with Hyunjoong’s reply and immediately refused, “No, no. It’s okay. She will be fine soon, there’s nothing to be worried about. But, actually… I’m here to ask you to postpone the meeting…”

“Alright, no problem if that’s all I can do to at least lend a help to your CEO…”

“Thank you so much…” Nicole smiled awkwardly as she slightly bowed her body to Hyunjoong.

She was about to go but Hyunjoong stopped her. “Ah, there is something I forgot to inform… Can you relay this message to your CEO?”

“Yes, sure. What is it?”

“Tell her, take as much as time she wants, don’t worry about me since I will stay at US for quite a long time. And, the meeting won’t be started until she herself shows up.” He understood that she tried to avoid him and he just wanted her to get ready, he didn’t want to force her.

“Y… yes…” Nicole could sense that Hyunjoong indeed had found out about the truth of Tiffany.

----------

Nicole knocked the door of Tiffany’s office before entering. Tiffany looked very nervous seeing Nicole and she asked her anxiously. “How is it? How is it? Did you succeed in asking to delay the meeting?”

“Yes, he did give permission…”

“That’s good to hear…” Tiffany hove a relief sigh.

“But… I think he found out that you aren’t really sick, he is aware that you are trying to avoid him…” It seemed like Tiffany had told everything to Nicole about her past relationship with Hyunjoong.

“H… how did…”

“He is not stupid, ok? Of course, if I was in his place, I would think the same…” Tiffany pouted her lips in disappointment as she took a deep breath. “Besides, how long you want to keep doing this? You won’t be able to avoid him forever and don’t forget that this project is really important for you and your family.”

“Yes, I know that but… I don’t know what I should do now…” Tiffany held her head in frustration. “I’m just afraid that I will be weak again once I meet him… it was so hard for me to let him go and if I saw him again…”

“If it that difficult, why in the first place, you choose to break up?” Even Nicole didn’t understand the reason of Tiffany choosing to break up. “You know, even I could see he suffered a lot due to your choice…”

“Nicole, I told you the reason before! I don’t want to leave a deeper wound in his heart later.”

“Yes, I get it…” Nicole just gave up with Tiffany’s stubbornness. “But, you must know that you have to get this project, in another words, you have to meet him a few times.”

“Yes, I know… I’m trying too… it’s just that I’m not ready yet.”

---------

Soshi Girls and Super Boys just came back from their activities in overseas after a few days. Yoona had been missing Donghae so much that after finding out they came back, she immediately went to Super Boys’ villa.

She went to Donghae’s room and knocked the door. “Donghae?”

A few seconds later, Donghae opened the door and he smiled widely seeing his girlfriend immediately came to see him.

“Argh!” Instead of being happy to see him, Yoona shouted and immediately turned around while covering her eyes with both of her hands. “Yah! What are you doing?” She reacted like that due to seeing shirtless Donghae.

“Why?” Donghae asked innocently in confusion seeing Yoona’s strange question.

“You should at least wear any shirt first! I even knocked your room to inform my appearance!” Yoona said angrily as her cheeks slowly turned red.

“Haha, you’re really funny, Im Yoona!” Donghae leaned against the door while folding his arms. He didn’t even bother to put on a shirt as he just calmly confronted Yoona who looked so cute in his eyes. “Since when you become so shy to see my body? It isn’t like you haven’t seen my body!”

“What?!” Yoona asked in disbelief and because his words were just too nonsense for her, she turned around to argue with him but… “Yah! You haven’t wear shirt yet!” She scolded him again and avoided facing him.

Donghae laughed and finally put on the shirt. “You can see me calmly now.” He added jokingly while putting down her hand which covered her eyes and he just pulled her into his room before closing the door. They both sat on his bed. “Aigoo, don’t act so innocent~” He patted her head like a little kid.

“Yah, you are the ert one for having that kind of thought! Since when I like to see a man’s body? Geez!” She put his hand off her head while pouting her lips angrily.

“You have such a perfect timing. You come just when I was about to change cloth!” Donghae added while laughing seeing his girlfriend’s cute reaction. “Anyways, why did you come? Miss me so much?” He asked proudly.

“It’s not like that, hmph!” Yoona purposely made angry expression. “I come to check something.”

“What is it?”

“During your activities in Japan, you must meet a lot of beautiful girls, right? There must be any girl who can attract your heart, am I right? Do you have a thought to replace me with her?” She asked with full of jealousy.

“Oh, that~ of course, there must be someone.” Donghae just purposely just to see her cute reaction especially after a few days, he was away from her. He really missed her a lot.

“Really?!” Yoona asked as she widened her eyes in anger.

“Do you want to see her photo? I have it in my cell phone!” Donghae excitedly as he took his cell phone on the table.

“Yah! Lee Donghae, you’re really too much! Seriously…”

“Let’s see it! I’m sure you will be envious of how perfect she is. Her face, her body… wow, it’s really not a joke!” Donghae said in amazement like he was a fool guy which had been witched by a beautiful gumiho.

“Yah!” Yoona couldn’t hold her temper anymore and she gave a quite strong hit on Donghae’s back.

“Ah, it hurts! What’s wrong with you?” He added though somehow, his reaction was opposite than it should to be, he let out a small laugh. “Here, let’s just take a look.” He gave her his cell phone.

“If you really want me to see it that bad, yes I get it! After this, just be prepared!” She gave him a frightening warning. She took his cell phone and stared at the screen. “Huh?” She raised her eyebrows in puzzlement. “What is this?” Instead of showing her a photo, Donghae opened the camera application using the front camera, which of course, without any doubt showing the person who faced the front camera of the cell phone, obviously Yoona was in the screen.

“She is really pretty right? I’m sure you must be jealous of her a lot!” Donghae added while chuckling. “What’s your opinion?”

“Ah, I’m seriously…” Not being able to control her happiness, her smile replaced the frown on her face. “Why did you do that?! There’s no fun! Aigoo…” She gave back his cell phone harshly.

“I wonder what you would do if I did show other girl’s photo…”

“Oh~ you’re curious about that? Really? Do you want to see it now? Huh?” She asked threateningly.

“No, no…” He shook his head cutely while grinning.

“Ceh! So childish!” She folded her arms and turned to other side, avoiding facing him.

“Im Yoona~” He called her cutely.

“What?”

“I miss you…”

Yoona just remained silent for a while biting her lower lip to hide her smile. She eventually turned around, facing him, still controlling her serious expression. “Alright, me too, I miss you too!” She exclaimed before throwing herself to him, giving a very tight hug.

“Aigoo!” He caught her in his embrace with a wide smile on his face. He caressed her hair. “Have you been well?”

“Em, of course. You?”

“Me too. I met a lot of pretty girls there…”

“What?!”

“But… there is no one like you!”

“Ceh…” Her smile returned to her face and she wrapped her arms around his back tighter.

---------

Yuri came out from her room after spending quite a long time in her room. Today was the holiday which became so hard for her. Whenever she was alone, not having anything to do, eventually she started to think again about all her problems especially the piano competition that had became around the corner. Her hand didn’t seem to show much improvement in recovery but the bandage of the wound had become smaller than it used to be.

There was no one at the living room since Yoona had gone to the Super Boys’ villa while Taeyeon, Sunny and Jessica were resting in their own room after just getting back from their oversea activities for a few days.

Yuri sat on the sofa and switched on the television. She changed the channel but there was nothing interesting for her to keep watching and eventually she turned it off. She leaned her head against the sofa as she sighed heavily. She had changed a lot since before, always looked gloomy and even the girls missed seeing the old Yuri, the cheerful and bubbly girl.

She took a glance at the piano which was located at one corner of the villa and eventually, it reminded her again about the piano competition. She got up and approached the piano and sat on the chair. She stared at her injured hand and finally, had the courage to open the bandage. “Ouch!” She exclaimed while biting her lower lips, enduring the pain. After taking off the bandage, her face was full with sweat, showing how much she bore the pain. She looked at the wound and it still looked deep but it looked much better than before.

“Should I try?” She mumbled to herself. She decided to give it a try. She closed her eyes as she tried to encourage herself. “I can do it… I can do it…” She kept repeating it until she placed both of her hands on the piano.

She took a deep breath. She finally started to play the piano, however, when she pressed the certain keys, the sound of other keys was produced. She tried once again but there was still no change. A frown started to appear on her face, showing her frustration. She was aware about the doctor said she couldn’t control the movement of her injured hand like she used to but she wanted to see herself. And, now, knowing the truth herself, just made it so painful and difficult for her to accept.

She didn’t want to easily give up and still encouraged herself that she could do. She tried again, again, again and eventually, she could see that as she tried more, her hand started shaking. She still didn’t stop trying and the shakiness of her hand became worse.

“Why? Why I can’t do this simple things?!” She asked herself angrily while struggling to make a perfect sound with the right key. Unconsciously, her tears slowly started falling to her cheeks. “Yah, Kwon Yuri, don’t be so weak! What’s so wrong with you?!” As she didn’t stop trying using her injured hand, the pain that she felt in her wound just became worse and eventually, the blood started to flow out again.

She stared at her wound and she cried out loud. She really hated herself right now. “ARGGHHH!!!” She shouted angrily in frustration. She leaned her head on the piano while sobbing. It was really difficult for her to accept this reality.

Coincidentally, Yoona just came back from Super Boys’ villa. She saw Yuri near the piano. “Yuri-ah, what are you doing?” Yuri didn’t reply and as she stared at Yuri’s condition, she realized Yuri was crying. She immediately ran towards Yuri. “Yuri-ah, Yuri-ah, what’s wrong?” She shook Yuri’s body while asking anxiously.

Yuri lifted her head up and looked at Yoona with her tears fell to her cheeks continuously. “Yoona-yah…” She said weakly.

“Ssshhh, Yuri-ah why did you cry?” Yoona gave a hug while comforting her by patting her back. “What happened?”

“I really can’t play piano…”

“What?! You forced yourself to play piano?” Yoona let go of Yuri and took a look at Yuri’s injured hand. “Yuri-ah, your wound is bleeding again!” She said while raising her voice as she was too shocked. “How can you let it like this?”

Yoona went to the kitchen and took a basin full with water and immersed Yuri’s hand in it to clear the wound.

“Aigoo… Yuri-ah, don’t force yourself… your hand is bleeding again.” Yoona looked so concerned that Yuri had become like this. Seeing her condition had become so worse like this, she might be so worried just to leave her alone for a while.

“Yoona-yah, what should I do? What… what should I do? I can’t control my hand…” Yuri kept sobbing while staring at Yoona.

Yoona gave her another hug to comfort her. It was really painful for Yoona to keep seeing Yuri suffering like this especially she couldn’t do anything to help Yuri. She just could sigh heavily to see her friend’s condition.

--------

The day had turned into the night, Tiffany looked very tired arriving at the villa, and she just came back from the company. She went into the dining room and seeing all her family were having their dinner.

“Hi, mom, dad…” She forced a bright smile even though she still looked tired. “Leo…” She slammed her body on the chair beside Leo before patting his head as a greeting.

“Noona, what’s wrong? You look really tired.” Leo asked out of concern. Tiffany gave a small smile to him as a thankful sign for his concern.

Her father added, “Leo was right. What happened? I heard you cancel the meeting.”

Tiffany decided to tell the truth to her dad as there was no use to hide it anymore. “Actually, the new CEO of the Avenue Company Hotel is my ex-boyfriend!” She said in frustration.

“Oh, really? It’s really good then!” Her father looked so happy to find out that fact oppositely what Tiffany expected of.

Even her mother reacted the same, “It will be easier for you to get the contract! Right, honey? We don’t have to be worried about it anymore. Our daughter will remain as the CEO.”

Tiffany’s jaw slightly dropped as she was in disbelief of her parent’s reaction. “Mom, dad!” She muttered cutely. “I’m serious!”

“We are serious too.” Her father added later.

“But, dad… it was so hard for me to break up with him and now, if I see him again…”

“Stephanie, we never ask you to forget all the people that you love in Korea. We are not going to oppose your relationship with him. You can just stay in touch with him, you don’t have to break up in the first place.”

“But… I don’t want to hurt him… I won’t be able to make him to keep waiting for me…”

“Then, until when you want avoid him? Are you going to give up on your position as CEO? Our family will be affected a lot if you are suspended from CEO. Other major shareholders will take this opportunity to snatch that wanted position.” Her mother explained.

“Yes, mom. I’m really aware of that and never have a thought of giving up but… I need some time to be ready.”

“If that what you need, it’s okay but don’t wait for too long, ok?”

“Yes, I get it.”

--------

“Yuri-ah, why are you so stubborn?” Yoona asked Yuri in worry as she saw Yuri’s condition became worse and her face obviously looked paler than that morning. Since the incident where Yuri found out that she really couldn’t play piano for the time being, Yuri had been careless in taking care of her health.

And today, her condition had become worse as she even got fever but she still insisted to go to school though the girls had already persuaded her to take enough rest at home.

“You look much worse than we saw you this morning.” Taeyeon added and then, she touched Yuri’s forehead to check her body’s temperature. “Yah, it’s really hot!” She added in shock.

Jessica also tried to check Yuri’s temperature after seeing Taeyeon’s reaction. “Oh! What should we do?! Your condition is seriously so bad!”

“It’s okay, I’m fine.” Yuri replied weakly. “Besides, I’ve just taken another medicine a while ago. I think I will better soon.”

“And, that’s the same thing you said this morning and now, see! You just look weaker!” Sunny added angrily as Yuri kept being too stubborn especially it concerned her health.

“Yah, you guys are really noisy…” Yuri added jokingly with the weak expression on her face just to make the girls feel better. “Don’t worry about me, I’m strong okay?” She let out a weak chuckle.

“Yah, how can you joke around in this condition?” Jessica looked at Yuri in sadness as she could see that Yuri was more concerned about the girls’ worry for her instead of being worried about her own health.

“I’m really fine, so don’t worry.” Yuri tried to flash the brightest smile that she could do now to show that she really meant it. “I want to go to the toilet for a while.” After having a quite difficulty, she was finally able to get up.

“Are you going to be okay? Do you want me to accompany you?” Yoona asked after seeing it was just so hard for Yuri even to do a simple thing like getting up.

“It’s okay, I’m fine. I’ll be back soon.” She walked away alone. The girls just could sigh seeing Yuri’s condition until she disappeared from their sight.

Yuri was on the way to the toilet and even by standing, she admitted that her condition indeed became worse compared to this morning since she also started to feel slightly dizzy. Her steps suddenly stopped when she bumped into someone that she didn’t wish to see now.

Minho also stopped walking after he spotted Yuri who was standing not too far from him. She immediately turned around to avoid him, she really hated seeing him right now.

“Yuri-ah…” Minho gently called her.

Yuri’s steps once again stopped as this was the first time that he called her after their fight and not to mention the gentle way that he called her. She just stood there silently with her back facing him. Her feelings were mixed up, she looked confused, angry and deep in her heart, she couldn’t deny she really missed the gentleness of Minho towards her. However, she was determined to not let herself became weak especially in front of the guy that had left a big scar in her heart. She took a deep breath before walking away from Minho.

“Yuri-ah, wait a minute!” He said while holding onto her arm to stop her. He turned Yuri around by her shoulders.

“What are you doing?!” She yelled at him while flinging off his hands from her shoulders. That action indeed had caused her to lose some of energy that caused her to feel much weaker.

She turned around, trying to walk away from him but she was unaware of someone’s presence in front of her that caused her to bump into him. She almost fell due to that incident, plus with her weak condition but luckily Minho managed to catch her from falling. She ended up leaning against him in his embrace.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry…” The guy that just bumped into Yuri kept apologizing.

“It’s okay.” Minho replied to him on Yuri’s behalf. After that, the guy walked away, leaving them alone.

Yuri didn’t move at all and she stayed in that position, in Minho’s embrace. This was the first time he felt her in his embrace. He didn’t know why but he just felt so calm with her warmth and the feeling he was having right now was just too wonderful for him to explain in words. He felt like he didn’t want to let go of her at all.

However, with no reaction and movement from Yuri at all just made him wondered of the reason. “Yuri, are you okay?” He asked softly. Nevertheless, she didn’t even say any reply. “Yuri?” He called her but she still remained silent.

He started to feel uneasy and he gently pushed her from his embrace to see her condition. She was unconscious.

“Yuri-ah! Yuri-ah! What’s wrong?!” He tried to wake her up by shaking but there was no use. He thought it was just too impossible for her to be in this kind of condition just simply bumping into that guy just now. “Yuri-ah! What happened?! Don’t make me scared like this!” He looked very anxious.

He touched her face and he found out that her body was very hot that he came to conclude that she fainted due to high fever. He lifted her up by bridal style and carried her to his car. He opened the door beside the driver’s seat and gently put her on the seat.

He drove the car out of the school and in his minds, he just wanted to send her quickly to the hospital so that nothing could happen to her. He looked so anxious and worried that sometimes, he would take a glance to check her condition. He couldn’t be relaxed and seemed so tensed and it did feel worse than he expected he would be. It was so much worse than having his life on risk, showing how much she affected him.

“Please hang in there, please…” He mumbled as he took a look at her whose face had become so pale.

Suddenly, he could see that there was a movement from Yuri. She slowly opened her heavy eyes as she groaned. “Yuri-ah, are you okay?!” He did seem slightly relieved seeing her gain consciousness back. He looked at her attentively and at the same time, tried to keep his focus on driving.

It took some time for her to realize what was going on before she was aware in what situation she was in. However, even how much weak and ill she felt, she was more concerned about other things instead of worrying about her own health. “What are you doing to me?” She asked him in weak tone but it still sounded obvious that she was angry and uncomfortable.

“I am going to send you to hospital. You just fainted.” Minho explained nicely to her.

“Please stop the car.” She immediately added but it was enough for him to understand that she really hated of his concern towards her.

“I know you are angry, but you have to think about your health, I’m just…”

“I said please stop the car.” She repeated her words in louder and higher tone, showing that her anger level had increased significantly.

“Yuri-ah, please listen to me! It’s your health that I’m worried about!”

“CHOI MINHO!!! I SAID STOP THE CAR!!!” She screamed loudly while closing her eyes. She looked very angry. It seemed like she almost lost all of her little energy left due to the scream. Even her tears had finally fallen down to her cheeks after it had accumulated enough.

As Minho didn’t want to make it worse for Yuri, he finally slowed down and stopped the car at the roadside. He took a look at her in sadness as he himself suffered seeing her hurting like this especially it did become worse because of him.

Yuri was about to get out from the car but Minho stopped her by grabbing her wrist. She sighed before asking firmly, “Please let go of me.”

“No, I won’t! I can’t let you go around in this condition! The weather is so cold and it will make you feel worse!”

“Just stop it, can’t you?! I’m already tired and weak, please don’t make it worse! You are the one who makes me feel worse!” She yelled at him as her tears fell down continuously.

“Yes, I know you are angry at me, I’m aware of that but… please let me send you to hospital, just receive the treatment and I won’t disturb you again. Just think of me a person who just send you to hospital, ok? I’m just worried about you.”

“Please, Choi Minho! You expect for me to just receive however the way you want to treat me?! Especially after what you have done to me?!! I don’t need your damn concern!!!” She yelled loudly while bursting again into tears.

Minho suddenly pulled Yuri into his embrace to comfort her. “I know, I know! But, please put aside everything first… I’m begging you, please think about your health. Please, Yuri-ah…” Even Minho unconsciously had teary eyes after seeing Yuri so hurt like that. Whatever happened to her would affect him the same. “I don’t know why I’m being like this… but I just can’t help but being worried about you… So, please… just let me send you to hospital…”

Seeing Yuri finally could calm down and stopped her tears, Minho let her go. She didn’t say anything to him and just remained silent as well as didn’t bother to give a look at him but he took her silence as the permission for him to send her to hospital.

--------

While waiting for Yuri to receive treatment in the emergency room, Minho couldn’t stop wandering around in front of the emergency room. He looked so anxious and worried. How he hoped that the doctor would inform him now about her current condition especially he could see clearly that her condition had became much worse compared to before she fainted as her anger towards him did affect her so much.

Suddenly, a cell phone was ringing from his pocket and it wasn’t his cell phone. He held Yuri’s cell phone for a while when he found out that she brought along her cell phone. Seeing the familiar caller’s name, he decided to pick up the call.

“Yuri-ah, where are you now? Are you still in the toilet? It has been long, are you really okay?!” Taeyeon asked nervously after Yuri still didn’t come back for long with her bad condition.

“Yes, Taeyeon-sshi?” He replied formally since he lost his memory, he never saw and talked properly with his cousin.

Taeyeon frowned at the sound of male’s voice. “Who is this?” She was silent for a while before answering her own question after recognizing that familiar voice. “Minho?!” She asked in shock.

The girls who had been paying attention to Taeyeon to find out about Yuri seemed very shocked too at the mention of Minho especially from Yuri’s cell phone.

“Yes, it’s me…” Minho replied.

“But, but, but… how can you…” Taeyeon kept stuttering as she got a shock after a shock. At first, she was so shocked that another person answered the call and then to find out that Minho was together with Yuri was just so worrying. What exactly had happened to them? How could they both be together? With Yuri’s current condition, she couldn’t imagine how she would react to see Minho.

“I can’t explain fully now… but, I’m in hospital. Yuri just fainted.” Minho explained shortly.

“What?!” Taeyeon asked in disbelief. “Al… alright, alright, we’ll be there soon.” She ended the call.

“Taeyeon-ah, what happened?!” The girls looked so worried just from watching Taeyeon’s expression.

Taeyeon explained to them everything that Minho told her before.

“She just fainted?!”

“But, how can they be together?”

“I’m not sure about that too. First, we should just go to the hospital now.” Taeyeon replied.

The girls came out from the class and on their way to their van, they coincidentally met with Minho’s mother. Taeyeon immediately went to her to give her a greeting.

“Oh, Taeyeon-ah!” Minho’s mother gave a warm hug to her niece and she smiled to the girls.

“Auntie, what are you doing here? Do you want to see Minho? But, he isn’t here.”

“Oh, don’t worry about that. Actually, I am here to meet Minho’s teacher to talk about his current condition.”

“Minho’s condition?” Taeyeon looked clueless. “It’s about his leg? I thought he has recovered completely.”

“Oh, it’s not about that. This time, it’s about his condition after the accident last month.”

“Acc… accident?!” Taeyeon asked in disbelief. Even the girls looked extremely shocked too. “I… I don’t understand.”

“You don’t know about that?” Minho’s mother looked quite shocked with Taeyeon’s unexpected reaction. “Ah, maybe I was too busy and worried about Minho’s condition that I don’t even remember to inform your family.”

“Then, then, Minho is really fine now, isn’t he?” She was so shocked of the knowing the fact that Minho had involved in the accident but felt relieved later since when she saw Minho last time, he looked completely fine.

“Yes, he is recovered completely but it’s just that he still doesn’t regain his memory back.”

“He lost his memory?!”

“Yes, it’s the effect from the accident.”

The girls looked so speechless that Minho’s condition was worse than they expected it to be.

“Oh, Taeyeon-ah, I’m sorry I have to go now.” Minho’s mother said while taking a look at her wristwatch. “I have to go back to the company for a meeting.”

“Oh, ok auntie. See you next time.” The girls bowed their body to her before she walked away.

“I’m really confused… what’s actually going on now?” Jessica said still couldn’t believe what she just found out.

“Come to think of it, the accident happened a month ago and also during that time, Yuri and Minho broke up.”

“Is this the reason behind what had happened to Minho and Yuri’s relationship?” Sunny suggested.

Yoona added, “But… I don’t think losing his memory is the actual reason. He wouldn’t hurt Yuri just because of that reason.”

“Huh? What are you talking about?” Taeyeon frowned, looking at Yoona asking for an explanation for her saying.

“If he really doesn’t remember Yuri, he will ignore her but not hurt her, right?”

Jessica added, “Yoona is right. From the way he treated Yuri, we could see that he did all of these because of anger. It doesn’t make any sense for him to keep hurting Yuri if he didn’t have any memory of her.”

“So, do you guys think there is another reason?” Sunny asked.

“There might be.” Taeyeon replied. “But, what’s important now… we should just be worried about Yuri’s condition.”

---------

A nurse came out from the emergency room and Minho immediately rushed to her to find out about Yuri’s condition. “Excuse me, miss. How is her condition? Is she fine now?”

“Who are you talking about? The girl that just come in? The one with the fever?”

“Ah, yes. How is she?”

“She is fine now, she is just receiving the treatment to cool down her temperature. So, mister, you can calm down now ok? Your girlfriend is completely fine. You look too worried and anxious, be relaxed now. She is so lucky to have a guy like you who loves her so much…” The nurse joked around with him.

He gave a stiff small smile. He did feel quite awkward to hear that kind of words from her but he didn’t know why, he just couldn’t deny what she said as deep in his heart, he thought maybe it was the truth. “So, can I see her now?”

“I think you should wait for a while, since there are too many people in the emergency room, but you don’t have to be worried, she is really fine now.”

“Oh, ok, thank you.”

The nurse gave a smile before walking away.

He hove a relieved sigh. Only now Minho could breathe easily after confirming that Yuri was really fine. It would be so nice if he could see her right now. As his minds were occupied with the thought of Yuri, he suddenly felt the pain in his head again, it was so painful that he had to squat down like he was losing his energy in his legs. “Ouch!!!” He held his head while bearing the killing pain in his head.

And, then, a few more memories appeared in his minds. It was the one where both of him and Yuri had to send to the hospital after he saved her from kidnapping and another one when he injured his leg for the second time after he forced himself to play in the final match of the basketball. Those two memories were at the hospital where he was right now and from it, he could remember properly how they both got hurt for protecting each other, how Yuri was worried too much about his condition, how Yuri took care of her, how good was their relationship that they both acted too sweet to each other and also he remembered how worried he was that Yuri kept thinking that it was her fault when he injured his leg for the second time.

The pain in his head slowly was disappearing. He kept breathing heavily as his face was covered by sweats. After more memories that he got, more he felt like the truth wasn’t like he thought. He couldn’t believe that Yuri was how Victoria described her of. In his memories with her, Yuri was just too wonderful girl that really deserve a lot of love. She was just too kind-hearted. He finally could admit that in his heart, he was indeed falling in love with her again. He couldn’t stand it anymore, he felt so frustrated that he was still not able to regain all his memories. He had to find out the truth now and there was only one person that he really wanted to talk with now.

The girls arrived at the hospital and saw Minho who was squatting down and his face looked very pale like he was just suffering from the pain. They immediately rushed towards him.

“Minho, are you okay?” Taeyeon asked in worry.

Minho lifted his head up and looked at the girls. “Yes, I… I’m fine.” He slowly got up. “I have to go now, there’s something important I have to do. If something happens to Yuri, please inform me.” He walked away anxiously.

“Minho, where are you going? Minho!” However, Minho was already too far from them and it seemed he couldn’t pay his attention to other things since he was really determined to do what he was supposed to do now.

“What actually is going on now? Why suddenly he become like this?”

The girls looked so confused and worried. A lot of things that they found out today were just too shocking and unbelievable.