Chapter 29

The Magicians of Love

[At Hyunjoong and Tiffany’s class, Ding Feng high school]

The class had ended. Everyone already went home except for Tiffany, Hyunjoong and Eunyoung. Eunyoung who finished first, stood up from her seat. “Tiffany, I’ll go home first, bye!”

“Okay, bye!” Tiffany, who was bagging her things, replied while waving her hands in the air. Meanwhile, Hyunjoong was just starring at Tiffany without doing anything. Tiffany double checked her table. After making sure there was nothing left, she carried her bag on her shoulder. Tiffany was just about to go but she was stopped by Hyunjoong.

Hyunjoong immediately grabbed Tiffany’s hand to stop her from going away. “Aish!” Tiffany exclaimed while biting her lower lips and she was frowning. Finally, Tiffany turned her head towards him. “Why?!” she asked in a lazy tone while looking at him briefly. Instead of giving an answer for Tiffany’s question, Hyunjoong just stared into her eyes. “Yah! What do you want?! Please let go of my hand!” Tiffany said in high voice while trying to let go her hand from Hyunjoong’s hold. Nevertheless, Hyunjoong just held her hand tighter while starring at her. “Hyunjoong-ah! What are you doing?! Let go of my hand!” Tiffany finally shouted since Hyunjoong refused to let go of her hand.

Hyunjoong let go of her hand but he still didn’t let Tiffany go away. This time, he held both Tiffany’s shoulders and pushed her to the wall. Tiffany was very shocked and her eyes went bigger. Tiffany’s bag which was carried by her on her shoulder fell on the floor due to the Hyunjoong’s sudden action.

Hyunjoong pressed both of his hands to the wall while starring at Tiffany. The distance of their faces was only 1 inch. Tiffany was looking at him with fright expression on her face. She felt something different with her body. She felt like her lungs stopped breathing but her heart was beating faster. “Why didn’t you come to school for the last two days?” Hyunjoong asked Tiffany with serious expression on his face.

“I… I…”

“You know how much I felt worried?! Did you know it?! I was really worried, I feel like dying!!!” Hyunjoong shouted the last sentence loudly. Then, he hove a few deep breathes. “Tomorrow, we’ll do our class after school end. You must attend it no matter what happen and don’t dare to give me any excuse. Understand?!” he asked in high voice. Then, he slowly put his hands away from the wall. He moved backwards for a few steps while bowing his head. After a few seconds standing in front of Tiffany, he walked away.

Meanwhile, Tiffany was still shocked of what Hyunjoong did just now. Only now, she felt like she could breathe. She hove a few deep breathes and her heart still was beating faster. She slowly walked to her bag and took it.

-----------

Minho and Yuri were walking to the neighbour which was located Soshi Girls, Super Boys and Minho’s villa. They still didn’t utter any words to each other since from their school. Minho was just walking with a blank expression on his face but different with Yuri who was always smiling and sometimes she would grin as she was very happy. She still couldn’t believe that she was walking with the guy that she had crush on.

Minho turned his head to the left, towards Yuri. He smiled as he’s looking at her. “Are you okay?” he asked while touching Yuri’s forehead with his hand.

“Huh?!” Yuri was a bit startled when suddenly Minho touched her forehead. Nevertheless, inside her heart, she was very happy with Minho’s touch as maybe it meant Minho felt closer to her.

“You keep smiling as we are walking from the school. Everyone would think you are crazy,” Minho replied.

“What?” Yuri asked in a shocked voice while turning her head towards Minho.

Minho just gave Yuri a smile for her question. He lifted his head up and he looked at the sky. “The sky is dark. Maybe it’ll be raining soon.”

Yuri also lifted her head up. “Oh… yes…”she agreed with Minho. Then, she secretly took a glance at Minho. ‘He can also joke. That’s good. Maybe he is funny person,’ Yuri thought while smiling.

“Em… Yuri, do you like me?” Minho suddenly asked.

Yuri’s eyes went bigger when she heard Minho’s question. ‘How did he know?! Did Taeyeon tell him?! No!!! It must be uncomfortable for him to know my feelings towards him! And, we won’t be closer!!!’ Yuri thought with a frown on her face.

Minho starred at Yuri. “Why? Anything’s wrong?” he asked her. “No, no, no! I don’t mean like that. What I mean is only as a friend,” he gave explanation of what he meant. He didn’t want Yuri misunderstood.

“As friend?”

“Yes. We can be best friend, can we?”

Yuri looked a bit disappointed and then, she replied, “Of course.”

Minho smiled. “Can you lend me your hand phone?”

Yuri took her hand phone in her bag and gave it to Minho. Minho pressed a few numbers on Yuri’s hand phone. He pressed ‘call’ button and then, his hand phone rang. After a few seconds, he ended the call. “This is my number,” Minho said while showing Yuri the number on her hand phone. Then, he gave it back to Yuri.

“Oh… thanks!” Yuri said happily while taking her hand phone back.

‘I’ve got his number! So unbelievable! We have got closer! But, he thinks me… only as a friend…’Yuri thought. Her happy expression changed to disappointed expression.

After a few minutes later, they arrived first in front of Minho’s villa. “We have arrived at my villa,” Minho said.

“Ok, bye,” Yuri said goodbye to Minho in disappointed voice without looking at him. She just walked away.

Minho just starred at her. “What happen to her? Did I do anything wrong?” he asked himself. Then, he felt water was falling on him. He lifted his head up. “Oh, it is raining!” He went to his courtyard, looking for an umbrella but he couldn’t find it. It was raining heavier. Minho realized he had a jacket with him.

------------

Yuri was on the way to Soshi Girls and Super Boys’ villa. She felt water was falling on her. “It is raining! What should I do?” she talked to herself in anxious voice. She looked around for a shelter but unfortunately there was no shelter around her. “What should I do?!” Suddenly, she felt like the water was not falling on her anymore. She thought the rain had stopped but it was still raining heavily.

She lifted her head up and she saw there was a jacket was covering her head from rain. Then, she realized Minho was holding the jacket for her. “Minho!”

“Hi!” he greeted her. He was holding his jacket for Yuri but he himself was wet as he was standing in the rain without anything covered him from the rain. “Hold this!”

“How about you?” Yuri asked.

“Don’t worry about me! Hurry up, hold this!” Minho replied. Yuri immediately held the jacket which was covering her head. “I need to go now. If not, I’ll catch cold. Bye!” Then, Minho quickly ran back to his villa in the rain.

-----------

Tiffany was walking to her apartment slowly. She was still thinking about the incident that happened just now.

[Tiffany’s flashback]

[At Tiffany and Hyunjoong’s class, Ding Feng high school]

“Why didn’t you come to school for the last two days?” Hyunjoong asked Tiffany with serious expression on his face.

“I… I…”

“You know how much I felt worried?! Did you know it?! I was really worried, I feel like dying!!!” Hyunjoong shouted the last sentence loudly.

[End of Tiffany’s flashback]

‘Why did he feel worried about me? I thought he didn’t mind if anything happen to me even if I die. Maybe… he likes me? But, that’s impossible! Since when I become so thick-faced?! Aishhh! Just stop thinking about it. But, seriously, he’s really making me confused,’ Tiffany thought.

Suddenly, she felt the water was falling on her. It was raining heavily. “Oh, no!” she talked to herself while looking at the sky. She just ran to her apartment without anything was covering her body.

------------

[At Minho’s villa]

“I’m back!” Minho said while entering his villa. Meanwhile, Nickhun and Taecyeon were waiting for him in the living room.

“Minho, you are wet! Where did you go?!” Nickhun asked.

“I was with the girl that I told before,” Minho replied. Taecyeon and Nickhun were frowning as they didn’t know which the girl was. “You guys don’t remember her? The girl that I bumped into her in the train?”

“Oh… her… what are you doing with her?” Taecyeon asked.

“I become her best friend now. Her name is Yuri. Actually, she is a friend of Soshi Girls and she also stays at their villa. So, I thought I want to walk together with her since our villas are in same neighbour,” Minho explained.

“Oh… That’s why you asked us to go back without you in order to be with her?! Are you maybe like her?” Nickhun asked while starring at Minho.

“Yes, I like her but not more than a friend. Surprisingly, she really matches with my ideal girl. She is funny and has happy go-lucky attitude. Sometimes, she would be in her own world and it was really fun to see her like that. I don’t know how to explain but it’s very cute. Besides, she is really beautiful. One more characteristic of my ideal girl is she can play piano well. I don’t know if Yuri can play piano well. If she can, she is totally perfect for my ideal girl,” Minho described Yuri while smiling happily. “Anyways, my heart still belongs to Victoria noona,” Minho added.

“So, what about Victoria noona?” Nickhun asked. “I think she can’t play piano.”

“Maybe it’s because love is blind?” Minho asked while raising his eyebrows. Then, he laughed. “Ok, I want to clean myself now.” Minho went to his room.

--------------

[In Minho’s room]

Minho just got out from the washroom. He was walking to his bed slowly while drying his hair with a towel which was clinging around his neck. Then, he sat down on the bed for a while. After that, he lied down on the bed with only half of his body.

[Minho’s flashback]

“We have arrived at my villa,” Minho said.

“Ok, bye,” Yuri said goodbye to Minho in disappointed voice without looking at him. She just walked away.

[End of flashback]

“I wonder what I have done until could ruin her mood like that. Before that, she was very happy. Moreover, she kept smiling and grinned. She is really unpredictable,” Minho talked to himself while looking at the ceiling. Then, he got up and sat properly on the bed. “And, that’s what makes she special and different from other girls,” Minho added while smiling happily.

He took his hand phone on the desk beside his bed. He wrote a message, ‘Yuri, what’s wrong? Have I done anything’s wrong?’ and he sent it to Yuri’s hand phone.

--------------

[At Soshi Girls’ villa]

Soshi Girls were resting in the living room. Jessica and Taeyeon were watching television. Meanwhile, Sunny was reading a magazine while lying down on the other sofa. Suddenly, Yuri’s hand phone which was on the desk beside the sofa rang.

“Arghh!” Sunny who was lying down near the hand phone, was startled with the message alert until the magazine that was holding by her fell on her face. Then, she immediately got up and sat properly on the sofa. “Aishh! You startled me!” Sunny scolded Yuri’s hand phone like the hand phone was alive. Then, she took the hand phone. “It’s Yuri’s, isn’t?” Sunny asked Taeyeon and Jessica while showing the hand phone.

“Yes,” Jessica replied while nodding after seeing the hand phone.

“Yuri-ah! You have message!” Sunny shouted to inform Yuri about the message but there is no reaction from Yuri.

“I think she is in her room,” Taeyeon said to Sunny.

“Oh… really?” Sunny asked and then she giggled. She unlocked the keypad of Yuri’s hand phone and opened the message. She read the message and then, she exclaimed, “Oh! It’s from Minho!”

Jessica and Taeyeon who were watching television, immediately changed their attention to Sunny and they sat beside Sunny. “Did you read her message?” Jessica asked while grinning.

“Yes, it’s from Minho!” Sunny exclaimed happily.

“Look like their relationship is getting closer!” Taeyeon added.

“Yes… but try you guys read his message. Isn’t it looks like they already have argument?” Sunny asked.

“Em!” Jessica agreed with Sunny. “The way he wrote, it looks like Yuri is angry at him.”

-------------

[In Yuri’s room]

She was sitting on the bed while holding Minho’s jacket. “This is the second time, he is willing to be wet because of me!” Yuri talked to herself while smiling. Then, she hugged the jacket while moving her body to the left and right happily.

Suddenly, Sunny opened the door without knocking first. Yuri was startled and her eyes went bigger. Her body was frozen like a doll. “What are you doing?” Sunny asked while raising her eyebrows.

“N… Nothing!” Yuri stuttered. “Can't you knock first before entering someone’s room?!”

“I’m sorry!” Sunny apologized while grinning. “You have message.”

“Really?” Yuri got up and went to Sunny who was standing in front of the door. She took her hand phone from Sunny.

“It’s from Minho!” Sunny informed.

“Oh…” Yuri replied while smiling widely. “WAIT! How did you know?! Did you read it?!” Yuri asked in high voice.

"Huh?!” Sunny looked afraid at first. Then, she admitted, “Yes!”

“WHAT?!!! Yah! How can you read my message?!!!” Yuri asked angrily while stomping her legs. “You are really…”

“Okay, okay! I’m sorry!” Sunny apologized while pinching Yuri’s cheek hardly. “Eh ~, why should you hide it from me?!”

“It hurts!” Yuri exclaimed her pain while taping Sunny’s arm. Then, she rubbed her cheek which was pinched by Sunny.

Sunny just laughed after looking Yuri’s reaction. “Oh, yes! I’ve something to ask. Did you guys argue with each other?”

“Huh? Who do you mean? Minho and I?” Yuri asked. Sunny nodded. “No. Why did you ask?”

“From the way he wrote, looks like you are angry at him.” Yuri just replied Sunny with a frown on her face. “Okay, just read his message.” Then, Sunny exited from Yuri’s room and closed the door.

Yuri unlocked the keypad of her hand phone and read the message from Minho. After reading, she wrote a message, ‘Why did you suddenly ask like that? I don’t understand,’ and then, she sent it to Minho. After a few minutes later, Minho replied her message. Minho wrote, ‘It’s okay. Maybe I think too much. See you later! ^^’

---------------

Taeyeon was in the kitchen. She was opening the refrigerator. She took out a mineral water from the refrigerator. She put the mineral water on the dining table then, she took a glass. She poured the mineral water into the glass.

Meanwhile, in the living room, Sunny and Jessica were watching television. Sunny was changing the channel, looking for something interesting to watch. After changing a few channel, she stopped. “Look! DBSK sunbae is on a show!” Sunny exclaimed. Jessica and Sunny were giving their full attention to the show.

“Did you guys have a favorite of idol female groups?” the emcee asked to all members of DBSK. “As we can see now, there are too many girls groups.”

“Yes, of course! We also have a favorite but all the girls are very good and they have their own charms,” Yunho, the leader of DBSK said.

“So, how about Junsu? Can you pick someone from all idol female groups members?” the emcee asked to Junsu.

“Yes… for me… I like Taeyeon,” Junsu answered.


Taeyeon who was drinking water in the kitchen, coughed after she heard someone was calling her name. “Taeyeon-ah! Come here!” Jessica shouted calling for Taeyeon. Taeyeon immediately put the glass on the dining table and then she ran to the living room. She sat beside Jessica, on the sofa. They all watched the show with full attention.

“Taeyeon? Did you mean Soshi Girls’ Taeyeon?” the emcee asked.

“Yes,” Junsu replied while nodding. “Taeyeon, the member of Soshi Girls.”

“Can you tell us why you like her?” the emcee asked.

“She really can sing well, dance well. And, she is also pretty,” Junsu replied bashfully.

“Oh, yes! Taeyeon really can sing well. Recently, she just got an award for her solo songs, Can You Hear Me and If,” the emcee added.

“Junsu even also has those songs in his hand phone! And, of course he also bought Soshi Girls’ album,” Yoochun exclaimed while pointing to Junsu.

“Really? You are really a fan of Taeyeon!” the emcee said to Junsu. “And, since we entered the topic about Taeyeon, you face turned red!”

Everyone was laughing at Junsu who was fanning himself.


“Wow…” Taeyeon said in amazement and her jaw dropped.

“Taeyeon-ah, he just likes you only as a fan. Don’t you think more than that,” Sunny said in high voice.

“Oh, yes I know! I just don’t expect Junsu sunbae likes me that much,” Taeyeon replied. “Why? Are you envious at me?” Taeyeon asked proudly. Then, Wooyoung entered the Soshi Girls’ villa. “Eh, Wooyoung! Why did you come?!”  Taeyeon asked in shocked voice. Wooyoung didn’t give any answer for Taeyeon’s question. He just grabbed Taeyeon’s arm and pulled her out from the villa.

[Outside the villa]

Wooyoung was still pulling Taeyeon. “Wooyoung, what’s wrong?” Taeyeon asked in anxious voice. Finally, Wooyoung stopped and he let go of Taeyeon’s arm. He faced Taeyeon while starring at her. “Is there anything wrong?” Taeyeon asked.

“Did you see the show that is being attendeing by DBSK?” Wooyoung asked with serious expression on his face.

“Yes. All of them look very handsome, right? We should support them as they are also a part our company,” Taeyeon replied.

“WHAT?!!! Taeyeon-ah! Don’t be playful during this time!” Wooyoung said in angry voice.

“No, I wasn’t being playful. I’m serious!” Taeyeon defended in high voice. Then, she grabbed Wooyoung’s arm with her right hand and her left hand held tightly Wooyoung’s hand. “Tell me what’s wrong.”

“It’s about Junsu!” Wooyoung responded in high voice.

“Huh?!” Taeyeon asked back while frowning. “Oh… it’s because he likes me?” Taeyeon asked while raising her eyebrows.

“Em!” Wooyoung nodded while looking away.

“He just likes me as a fan!”

“But, who knows? Maybe he likes you more than that! Besides, does he know you already have a boyfriend?!”

“I… I don’t know but if he really likes me more than a fan, why should you be jealous?” Taeyeon asked while smiling.

“Of course I must be jealous! Can you tell me, is there a guy won’t angry if someone else likes his girlfriend?!”

“Ok, ok!” Taeyeon finally accepted why Wooyoung be jealous. “Don’t worry! My heart is only for a guy and there is no other except you,” Taeyeon said bashfully. Her cheek turned red after saying those words. “Hahaha, it’s my first time to say such thing! It’s quite embarrassing!” she said while bowing her head.

Wooyoung held Taeyeon’s waist and pulled her towards him. He hugged her tightly. Taeyeon was a bit startled with the way Wooyoung hugged her and then, she smiled in his embrace. “I’m sorry. I’m not angry at you but I just felt afraid. I don’t want to lose you. I can’t live without you. I WON’T BE OKAY WITHOUT YOU. So, don’t ever leave my side,” Wooyoung said in worried voice.

“Of course, I won’t ever leave you,” Taeyeon replied.

------------

[The next day]

[At Tiffany and Hyunjoong’s class, Ding Feng high school]

Tiffany just arrived and then, she sat on her chair. Hyunjoong still didn’t come. Eunyoung turned her body to the back to greet Tiffany, “Hi, Tiffany!”

“Hi,” Tiffany greeted her back in weak voice.

“Tiffany, what’s wrong with you? Are you okay? You look pale!” Then, Eunyoung touched Tiffany’s forehead with her hand. “Your body is so hot! Do you have fever?”

“Yes.”

“Why did you come to school? Your condition may be worse!”

“It’s okay. I think it’s better if I go to school,” Tiffany replied while smiling weakly. Then, she rested her chin on the table.

---------

IMPORTANT NOTES

The red words means the conversation is on television.