Chapter 65

The Magicians of Love

Hyunjoong was taken aback after what Tiffany just did to him. He unconsciously took a few steps backwards. He stared at her in disbelief, it seemed like he was wondering whether this was only a dream.

Tiffany smiled looking at him got so shocked. “Yah, why aren’t you saying anything?” She hit his chest gently.

He wanted to say something but he got speechless with her kiss that nothing came across his minds. He was lost at words.

Tiffany slightly pouted her lips cutely as she stared at him. It seemed like she was the one who had to make it clear. “You are really a coward guy, aigoo… I have initiated it…” She referred to kiss. “… but I still have to confess first?” She sighed as he was just silently listening to her words. “Alright…” She mouthed without any voice but the movement of clearly showed what she was saying. “I… love… you…”

“Wh… what?” He finally voiced after the kiss.

“Yah, do I have to repeat it? So embarrassing~ I’m a girl, you know?!” She sounded angry but she look very happy.

“Then, then, then… how about Mike?”

“We have broken up.” After Tiffany replied, Hyunjoong still didn’t say anything even after a moment. She had to voice again. “Yah, is that all that can you say?”

“Hold on… this is too fast… I don’t know what to do… give me some time to think…”

“What?!” She asked in disbelief and this time she really looked angry. She knew that she had made mistake to him but she thought it was just too much that he still didn’t forgive her even after she confessed and not to mention, the efforts she had put in to redeem her mistake. Honestly, she started to feel annoyed.

“This is just too sudden…”

Tiffany immediately cut him off in annoyance. “I know, let’s just talk later then! I’m off.” She took her bag on the sofa and walked off.

However, before she could go, Hyunjoong stopped her by grabbing her wrist. Unconsciously, her smile finally appeared again on her face as a sign that she expected Hyunjoong had changed his minds. “You’re wearing my cloth right now. Do you want to go just like that?”

Not only her expectation was completely different but she felt extremely annoyed right now. She bit her lips. “Aish, seriously…” She mumbled angrily as she took a deep breath. She turned around. “You’re going too much, you know?!” She lost her temper. Unexpectedly, she could see a playful smile on his face that made her more annoyed. “Why?!”

He pulled her in and gave her a tight hug. She looked very shocked. “Alright. I’m just kidding.”

“What?!” She asked in annoyance and at the same time, in confusion.

“I just played around with you before. Me too… I … love… you.” He finally accepted and replied her confession.

“Ah, seriously~” Her bright smile finally appeared again on her face. “Ceh! Bad boy…”

Hyunjoong chuckled and he let go of her. “Why I am the bad one? I have confessed my feelings before, isn’t it?”

“When?” She looked at him with a frown on her face.

“During your birthday.”

“Oh?” She obviously still didn’t get it.

“143. You… don’t tell me, until now, you still didn’t figure out its meaning?” He looked quite angry now.

“Ah~ that one…” She nodded while smiling. “But, it can’t be considered as your confession. I know its meaning but it can be any kind of meaning like… I hate you? Right? It’s unclear and not convincing.”

“Alright, then… I love you, I love you, and I love you!” He repeated cutely in front of her that caused her couldn’t stop smiling widely.

She covered his mouth as she smiled in embarrassment. “Alright, enough, enough, I get it now.” They both laughed in happiness. “Aigoo!” She cupped his face while slightly shaking it. “You know, you’re so scary when you are angry!”

Hyunjoong approached Tiffany and gave her another tight hug. “I just don’t want you to get hurt, I really hate it when you get hurt. And, you… just easily put yourself in a situation that you may get hurt. That’s why… that’s why I got so angry before.”

Tiffany felt so touched that he cared so much about her. “Ok, next time I won’t do it again. I’m sorry, I’m really sorry.”

“Ssshh, it’s okay.” Hyunjoong her hair. “As long as you know your mistake, right?”

Tiffany smiled. “And, I also want to say sorry because it took quite some time for me to accept your feelings. It was so hard for me to be in that situation and I kept lying to myself but still in the end, my heart still stubbornly wanted you.”

Hyunjoong let go of her. “Well, it’s really hard to resist me, isn’t it?” He asked proudly.

“Ceh!” Tiffany rolled her eyes. “It’s not the case!” She patted his arm. They both laughed in happiness.

-----------

Tiffany and Hyunjoong were on the bike as he was on the way to send her home. Though he had given her a ride on his motorbike but this time, she felt somewhat different. It’s maybe because they weren’t lovers before and not to mention, they just became friends on that time.

This time she could hugged him from behind comfortably and enjoyed the ride especially in the night view as the sky were filled with the twinkling stars which created a beautiful moment. It felt like those stars were congratulating them for becoming lovers.

“We have arrived.” Hyunjoong said as he stopped his bike in front of Soshi Girls’ villa. Tiffany got down from the bike as Hyunjoong took off his own helmet. And, then he took off the helmet on Tiffany.

“Thanks for sending me home.” She said while staring at him lovingly.

“It became my responsibility from now on to send you home every day.” He replied while patting her head gently like a little kid. She crinkled her nose while giggling.

“Then, I’m off.” She said while smiling. He replied her smile as he nodded. She was about to go but he stopped her by grabbing her wrist. She turned around. “Hm?” She raised her eyebrows.

“See you tomorrow.”

“Ok.” She smiled and was about to go but then she involuntary turned back towards him as he was still holding onto her hand. She looked quite shocked as she stared at him but he just gave her a smile. “Why?” She asked while chuckling.

“Have a tight sleep.”

“Alright~” She replied cutely. “You too.” She wanted to go but Hyunjoong still didn’t let go of her hand. She didn’t have other choice except standing back in front of him. “Why?” She asked while laughing as she was too happy with his reluctance to let her go.

“Are you just going to go like that?”

“So, what do you want me to do?” Hyunjoong drew his face closer to hers and gave his cheek facing her face. “Hm?” She asked.

“You know… that thing…” He indirectly asked her to give a kiss on his cheek.

“What are you talking about?” She pretended to not know about it just to .

He got sulky and drew his face away. “No, it’s fine.”

“Alright!” She exclaimed while holding onto his arm. “You are really petty!” She pulled his arm to get him closer. He smiled as he waited for her lips to land on his cheek. However, Tiffany cupped his face and turned it to give a kiss on his lips instead.

“Oh?” He looked very shocked.

As Tiffany got very embarrassed of what she just did, she ran towards the villa to avoid facing him and just left Hyunjoong who looked confused and shocked. He chuckled happily as he saw her cute reaction.

Tiffany entered the villa and closed the door behind her. She leaned against the door and giggled happily. Honestly, she never thought she would feel this happy and pleased. She lifted her head up and she widened her eyes. “Argh!” She could see the girls were waiting for her with the serious expression on their face. “Yah, what are you doing? You really shocked me!”

“Well… what do you think we are doing now?” Taeyeon asked seriously.

“Oh? Well… waiting for me… maybe?” She said in scare and guilt for making they wait for this long.

“Do you know what time is it now?” Yoona asked.

“Not sure… maybe 10PM?”

“What?! 10PM?! Are you kidding me?!” Jessica asked in disbelief. “For crying out loud, it’s 1AM already! I even sacrificed my precious sleep time for you.” She pouted her lips in disappointment.

“Oh, really? I’m sorry~” Tiffany said cutely while making puppy face. She approached Jessica and put her arm around Jessica’s shoulder.

“Then, can you explain to us what did you just do? You don’t even answer our call.”

“Oh, sorry, my cell phone ran out of battery. I was with Hyunjoong.”

“Hyunjoong? Don’t tell me… when you came into the villa, looking so happy was because of him?!” Yuri asked excitedly.

“Oh…” Tiffany nodded while smiling shyly. “We have officially became lovers…”

“Really?! We are so happy for you!” The girls circled around with Tiffany in the middle and hugged her tightly.

“Yah~ I can’t breathe…” Tiffany muttered but she just got ignored with the girls who were very happy with this news.

----------------

The next day, Tiffany was on the way to the school and somehow, today she felt unusually so happy to go to school. Every day, she would always see Hyunjoong but since he had become her boyfriend, she was so excited and happy that she even didn’t know how to describe her own feelings.

With her pounding heart which she couldn’t control, she entered her class but he was still nowhere to be seen. She did feel quite disappointed as she still couldn’t see him and her pounding heart started to slow down a bit its beat.

She took her seat and opened a book while observing the surrounding finding any trace of him. She was quite shocked when he suddenly appeared from behind. He cleaned his throat shyly to make her realized about his appearance as he took his seat like usual beside hers.

“Oh, you came?” She smiled at him.

“Did you sleep well last night?” He asked.

“Yes. How about you?”

“Me too.” They kept smiling shyly as it was still too hard to treat each other like they’re used to after acknowledging their feelings yesterday. They were silent for a while as they ran out of ideas to talk about.

Hyunjoong took a deep breath as he stole a glance at Tiffany but coincidentally Tiffany also looked at him at the same time which caused them to have eye-contact and then, they burst into a shy laughter.

“Ah!” She suddenly exclaimed after she remembered something. She took out a lunchbox from her bag. “Here.” She gave it to Hyunjoong. He looked at her with questioned face. “I made kimbap for you.” She said shyly especially this was the first time ever she made food for a guy.

“Really?!” He asked in delight. He opened the lunchbox to check it out. “It looks delicious but…” He gave her a hesitant look. “I thought you aren’t good at cooking. Will I be okay after eating this?” He joked referring the food might give a bad affect to him.

“What?!” Tiffany hit his arm playfully which he replied with a chuckle. “You are really too much! Of course it’s edible!”

“Did you personally make this?” He still looked in disbelief.

“Well…” She looked hesitant before replying. “Yes, I admit Taeyeon and Sunny help me but seriously, they just gave instructions and I did all of them.”

“Alright, I get it, I’m just kidding.” He finally said after she seriously explained everything.

“At the time like this, you should appreciate the intention despite the taste.”

“It must be delicious if you made it out of love, right?”

“Love?” She chuckled at the words he used. “Th… tha… that’s right, I think so.” She added shyly.

As they were really into the conversation, they didn’t realize Eunyoung’s appearance. “Hi, guys! What are you guys talking about that you aren’t aware of me?”

“Oh, Eunyoung-ah…” Tiffany smiled to her.

“Oh, what is this?” Eunyoung realized the lunchbox containing kimbap and without asking further, she just took one of the kimbap and put it into . “Hm, so delicious!” She exclaimed while chewing it.

“Really?” Tiffany asked excitedly.

Hyunjoong looked at Eunyoung in disbelief of what she just did. “YAH!!!” He shouted at her. “What did you just do?!”

Tiffany and Eunyoung looked very shocked with Hyunjoong’s sudden reaction. “Why? What’s wrong? I’m just eating this!”

“This is mine!”

“What? I’m just taking one! You don’t have to overreact like this!” Eunyoung defended herself for not doing anything wrong. Tiffany chuckled as she found it was quite funny when he reacted like that over the food that she gave to him. Eunyoung was aware of Hyunjoong’s unexpected reaction, like usual she was very quick-witted about Tiffany and Hyunjoong’s behaviour. “Hang on… who made this food?” She asked Hyunjoong.

“Huh? Well…” Hyunjoong was silent because he was unsure what to say as he took a look at Tiffany.

“Hah! Don’t tell me…” Eunyoung widened her eyes. “Fany-ah, did you make this?!”

“What?” Tiffany looked very shocked and she was speechless.

“Oh… that’s why, you’re so angry that I took one of it. It’s from Tiffany, isn’t it?” She asked Hyunjoong. “Don’t tell me… you are lovers now?”

Hyunjoong and Tiffany looked extremely shocked at how Eunyoung could guess correctly all of it without any clue. “No… no, it’s not!” Hyunjoong and Tiffany replied in unison. Honestly, they were very embarrassed to admit it to Eunyoung since they knew she would tease them non-stop.

As expected, Eunyoung didn’t believe them at all especially seeing how anxious they had become. However, she couldn’t ask more since the teacher had come into the classroom. She returned to her seat.

Hyunjoong and Tiffany hove a sigh of relief. They looked at each other and burst into chuckle. “How can she be so quick-witted?” they just could laugh.

-----------

After the bell rang, a lot of students were on the way to go home. At the one side of the corridor, Hyunjoong and Tiffany were walking side by side.

“I thought you want to say something to me.” Tiffany started the conversation while looking at Hyunjoong as he didn’t say anything after he asked her to talk to him after the class ended.

“Huh? Hm...” He smiled shyly before saying, “Do you have time after this?”

“Hm... let me see...” She pretended that she was thinking, “I don’t think I have time since I already got a plan to do.”

“WHAT?!” He unconsciously raised his voice slightly, making it so obvious that Tiffany’s answer was never expected by him.

Tiffany chuckled. “Why? Why did you look so shocked?”

“I... I mean... what plan that you’ve got to do?” He asked, still couldn’t control his shocked expression.

“I have a date with my boyfriend!” She asked happily as she linked arm with him.

“Hm... Huh?” He still didn’t understand as he gave her a confused look.

“Silly.” She said as she grinned at him. “Aren’t you going to ask me for a date?”

He finally showed a smile. “Ah, seriously~”

She just grinned cutely towards him. “Let’s go!” She excitedly pulled him to continue walking to the where his motorbike was at. “But... where are we going?”

“There is no fun if I tell you now, right?”

“Geez!” She gave him a glare but she chuckled later.

All of a sudden, there was something appearing in front of them that they had to stop walking immediately and let go of each other’s hand. Their eyes slightly widened as they looked at her.

Eunyoung was staring at them with suspicious look. Like a police was interrogating a criminal, she folded her arms while asking them question, “Where are you guys going?”

“We aren’t going anywhere!” Tiffany answered.

Also, at the same time, Hyunjoong replied but completely different answer from Tiffany’s. “I just want to send her home!”

After they were aware of each other’s different answer, Hyunjoong and Tiffany looked at each other with shocked expression.

“Aigoo!” Eunyoung just sighed.

Tiffany quickly explained while stuttering, “Ac... act... actually, we mean that... Hyunjoong is just going to send me home, we aren’t going to other place.”

Obviously, Eunyoung couldn’t be convinced with their unclear explanation and strange behaviour. “Then, I want to follow you guys.”

“WHAT?!”

“Why? Can’t I?”

“Bu... but... I will just send her home, that’s all.” Hyunjoong explained.

“So what? I really want to go to Soshi Girls’ and Super Boys’ villa!”

“But... we...” Tiffany tried to help Hyunjoong.

However, Eunyoung cut her off. “Aish! Just tell me the truth, won’t you?”

“Wh... what are you talking about?” They asked in unison.

“It’s so obvious~!” Eunyoung added in annoyance. “You guys are dating! Am I right?”

“We... well...” Both of Hyunjoong and Tiffany got speechless with Eunyoung’s reply.

“H... how did you know?” Tiffany asked in shock but she smiled bashfully.

“What you guys did this morning was more than enough for me to find it out.”

“Huh? What did we do?” Tiffany asked innocently.

“Just forget about it. So, now... why did you hide it from me?”

“Oh?” Tiffany didn’t know how to answer Eunyoung’s question. She took a look at Hyunjoong who was just silent as she confronted with Eunyoung. She elbowed him.

“What?” He raised his eyebrows acting clueless.

“Just say something, won’t you?” Tiffany whispered desperately to Hyunjoong as he was just left her alone to deal with Eunyoung.

Hyunjoong finally spoke up, “Actually, we didn’t want to tell you because… we know that you will tease us…”

Eunyoung let out a mocking laugh. “Oh~ you guys are afraid of me teasing you~” She purposely said out loud while walking in circle around them. Obviously, Hyunjoong and Tiffany looked annoyed especially with there were quite a lot students around them. “Since you guys are so afraid of that, it makes me feel more like teasing you, hoho!”

“Yah~ that’s enough~” Tiffany muttered cutely.

“Why are you so embarrassed? It’s a good news! Shouldn’t you guys be happy and proud about it? Of course I’m the first person should know about this, isn’t it, my best friends?!”

“But, you are…” Tiffany tried to explain.

“Ok, you guys don’t be worried about that.” Eunyoung looked at Hyunjoong, “You, good job! Finally, you have the courage!” She patted his shoulder.

Hyunjoong didn’t reply anything but he just smiled shyly.

“Ceh!” Tiffany let out a chuckle. “What courage?! You know, how much efforts I made in order to make him take the initiative?!”

“WHAT?!” Hyunjoong asked in disbelief. “Hey, I did tell you my feelings when I gave your birthday present, isn’t it? The code, 143! You are so slow to find out the meaning!”

“What the… you called me slow?!” Tiffany rolled her eyes in disbelief. “You know how confused and hurt I were when I had to choose the right decision?!”

“Yah! Even you guys are couple now, you are still fighting?!” Eunyoung had to in to stop the argument. “Aish!” She sighed seeing them. “There’s no use to fight, instead you should ask the third party for the most relevant answer which is me!” She pointed to herself proudly.

Hyunjoong and Tiffany had stopped fighting and they were giving their attention to Eunyoung.

“Both of you are at wrong! You guys are so~ stubborn! Even I can see obviously that both of you already have feelings for each other for a long time!”

The answer which was given by Eunyoung had made both Tiffany and Hyunjoong become speechless. She just laughed seeing their reaction and walked away, leaving them with that kind of atmosphere as she said out loud, “Who knows, the two persons who are famous in their class due to their non-stop bickering, have become lovers! Hoho!”

“YAH, Kang Eunyoung!!!” Both of Tiffany and Hyunjoong shouted at her especially she also attracted the attention of the students’ around them with her loud voice which made them felt so embarrassed. However, she just let out a laugh.

“Aish, seriously…” Hyunjoong said while chuckling. He held Tiffany’s hand while saying, “Let’s go.” However, Tiffany didn’t move a step and she even flung his hand off hers. Hyunjoong turned around and looked at her in astonishment.

“Did you really mean it what you said before?” She asked as she looked at him with serious expression.

“What do you mean?”

“You said I’m slow… did you really mean it?”

Hyunjoong chuckled as he approached her. “Why did you take it seriously? I’m just joking of course.”

“What kind of joke is that?” Now, she looked quite mad.

“Then, what I’m supposed to do? You started the fight first though!” He defended himself.

“But… still, it’s too much!” She said as she frowned.

“Alright, alright, I’m sorry. It’s my mistake. I’m really sorry.” He sincerely apologized. She pouted her lips as a sign to show that her anger still didn’t stop. He wrapped his arm around her shoulder. “Now, can you forgive me? Smile~” He said cutely. However, she still didn’t change her expression. “Hm… then, should we cancel our date?” He asked while looking at her if she would gave a different response. However, it still didn’t work.

“Ok, then…” He unwrapped his arm from her shoulder. “See you tomorrow.” He walked away as slow as he could still giving her chance to change her minds.

Not too long after, Tiffany finally voiced after much hesitation. “Hang on!”

Hyunjoong’s lips curled up when he heard her voice and he turned around. “Why? You have changed your minds?” He smiled widely to her. Seeing his wide smile, she couldn’t help but smiled too like she was infected by a happy virus which was him. “Let’s go!” He reached out to her. She came closer as she smiled in embarrassment and took his hand. He laughed seeing her reaction and they both continued walking.

---------

After school ended, Yuri went to her family’s villa to pay them a visit after such a long time as there were a lot of things happened lately.

“Hi, auntie!” She greeted cheerfully one of the maids who was cooking in the kitchen, also the one that she was close to.

“Oh, miss! You are here. It has been a long time.” She immediately gave a hug to Yuri.

“Yes, I really miss everyone here.” She beamed.

“You have grown taller than before, don’t you?” The maid said after she had to tiptoe in order to give Yuri a hug.

“Oh, really?” Yuri laughed.

“And, becoming prettier… don’t tell me, do you have a boyfriend now?!” The maid looked very excited for Yuri.

“Wh… wha… what are you talking?!” Yuri looked very shocked with her sudden question. “O… of course not!” The maid just grinned happily seeing Yuri’s reaction which made Yuri to immediately changed the topic. “Where’s mom? I already called her and she said she would come home.”

“Madam is not here yet, maybe she’s on the way.”

“Ok, thanks.” Yuri left the maid with a smile as she went to upstairs, going to her brother’s room to see him. “Seokyun-ah!!!” She opened the door abruptly without knocking.

However, there was no response and she found no one in that room. She was about to come out from the room but something on the desk attracted her attention.

It was a picture that she was sure Seokyun was the one who drew it. What made Yuri felt so interested about that picture was the person who was in the picture. Seokyun drew himself and… with a small girl.

“What the…” Yuri burst into laughter. “He already has a lover even at such a young age?”

She went to downstairs back, going into the kitchen.

“It’s really quiet here. Even Seokyun is not here yet? Aren’t he supposed to get home now?” Yuri asked as she took a look at her wristwatch. “His school should have ended by now, right?”

“Yes, but he is still not here yet. Usually, he is at home now.”

Yuri sat at the living room, waiting for everyone to get home. Not too long after, the sound of car arriving in front of the villa was heard and it was Seokyun.

“Oh, noona!” He looked so happy to see his sister after such a long time.

“Come here, our dongsaeng!” Yuri gave him a tight hug. “So, how is school?” she asked while patting strongly Seokyun’s head which had messed his hair.

“Ah~ noona!”

Yuri just laughed. “Where did you go? Aren’t you supposed to come back earlier than this?”

“I was doing the job to protect noona.”

“Huh? What actually are you talking about?”

“I met Minho hyung. I gave him the first mission to get my approval as noona’s boyfriend.”

“What?!” Yuri asked in disbelief. “Aish, why did you do that?”

“I did this for your sake, noona!” He emphasized.

“So, how is it? Did he meet your expectation?” She still wanted to know that whether his brother was fond of Minho or not for now.

“Well, not bad.” He replied calmly though he couldn’t deny that he really started to be fond of Minho.

Yuri smiled. “So, how did you test him?”

“First category, strength.”

“STRENGTH?!” Yuri asked in shock. She reacted like that because Minho still isn’t recovered completely yet from his leg injuries. “Wh… what did you ask him to do?!” she asked anxiously.

“I just asked him to do sit-up while hanging his legs to iron bar upside down.”

“WHAT?!” Yuri asked in disbelief.

“Yes, I know it’s hard but that what makes it a challenge, showing that he is really strong.”

“Yah, that’s not what I’m talking about! You know, he had such a severe injury on his legs before and it takes a long time before it can be completely recovered! You might cause the injury becomes worse!”

“Noona, you are overacting!” Seokyun laughed. “Must you protect him that much? He would have said to me that he couldn’t do it or he felt pain, ok? Noona, you’re worried too much!”

“No, you don’t know him! Aish!” Yuri immediately took her cell phone in her bag and made a call to Minho.

“Yes, Miss Kwon?” Minho sounded so happy to receive a call from Yuri.

“Are you okay? Did you hurt anywhere?” Yuri asked anxiously.

“Huh? Why suddenly…”

“I asked, are you really okay?!” She slightly raised her voice.

Hearing she was so desperate to know his condition, he immediately answered, “Yes, yes. I’m really fine.”

“That’s really good to hear then…” She hove a sigh of relief.

“But, why did suddenly you ask me about this?”

“I heard that my brother just asked you to do heavy activity.”

“Oh… about that, you don’t have to be worried about it anymore. I think I have recovered completely.”

“But, the doctor said that you still won’t be able to do heavy activities.”

“I think I’m really in good condition now. So, don’t worry too much, ok?”

“Hm… I get it.”

“Then, see you tomorrow.”

“Ok, bye.” She ended the call.

Seeing his sister had done talking to Minho, Seokyun continued talking, “Noona, don’t you think you should apologize to me now?”

“Why should I when you are the one who did wrong?”

“What?! Minho hyung had said that he is fine!”

“But, still… doing these kind of activities are still dangerous for him, don’t you understand?”

“Aigoo, noona. You are really overacting, he said he has recovered, what’s wrong with you? Noona, you are a girl! You can’t show that you like him very much, he might get tired of you easily! Aigoo, noona, you are so helpless…” he nagged his sister as he shook his head, being in disbelief that his sister cared too much for Minho.

“What?!” Yuri asked as she widened her eyes.

“Have mom found out about your relationship?”

“Not yet. Why? You…” Yuri pointed towards Seokyun as she gave him a firm glare. “Don’t you dare…”

“Why don’t you tell her yet?”

“My relationship with Minho just started, I’ll tell her later.”

“If noona don’t want to tell, I think I should be the one to tell, isn’t it?”

“Yah, don’t you…”

Just then, Yuri’s mom just came back from work. “Yuri-ah, you’re here.”

“Mom, mom! There’s something I want to tell you!” Seokyun excitedly running towards his mom.

“Yah! Kwon Seokyun!!!” Yuri raised her voice.

“Mom… you know, noona…”

Yuri immediately ran towards him and covered his mouth with her hand. “Just keep quiet, won’t you?” she whispered to him.

“What are you guys doing?” their mom looked very pleased seeing these two’s action.

“There’s nothing mom!” Yuri replied awkwardly. “Seokyun just felt too happy to see me, right?” She looked at Seokyun whose mouth still was covered by Yuri. He struggled with her as a sign of protest. “Yah, you want me to tell mom about that girl too?” She asked referring the girl in Seokyun’s drawing. “I saw your drawing. You like her, isn’t it?”

Finally, Seokyun decided to stay quiet after being threatened by Yuri.

-----

Hyunjoong brought Tiffany to the nearest beach of Seoul. “Here, we have arrived!” he said after stepping on brake.

“Oh, we are at the beach!” Tiffany sounded so excited as she got off from the motorbike. She observed the scenery in amazement.

Hyunjoong got off too and he turned her around to take off the helmet. “Stay still.” He took off the helmet and her hair.

Tiffany grinned in embarrassment for his sweet action. “It has been a long time since I came last to the beach.”

“Do you like it?”

“Hm! Really like!” She exclaimed excitedly. “It’s really beautiful here.”

Hyunjoong took a look at his wristwatch. “It’s be sunset soon. I want to show you the most beautiful scenery of sunset! Let’s go!” He grabbed her hand and they walked closer to the beach.

Hyunjoong sat down on the sand first and as he saw Tiffany was going to sit down too, he stopped her, “Hang on!”

“Why?” Tiffany looked at him in confusion.

“Do you need something? I don’t bring any mat…” He got up. “Wait here a minute. I’ll come back…”

Tiffany chuckled as he was worried for no reason. “It’s okay, I can just sit like this.” She immediately sat down on the beach.

“Are you really okay?”

“Yes, I’m completely okay!” She emphasized. “Come here!” She asked him to come back, sitting beside her. He beamed and just followed what she asked him to do.

“Actually, this place holds a special mark in my heart. Whenever I have problem or I need some time by myself, I’ll come here. This is why I want to show this place to you.”

“Really? You come here alone?”

“Yes… you’re the first person that I come with. I don’t have anyone else before, remember? You are the first girl in my life…” He added bashfully.

Tiffany also smiled shyly. “Then, from now on, you don’t have to come alone anymore. I’ll always come to here with you.”

“Really?”

“Here.” They sealed promise by their pinky fingers. Tiffany seemed like she wanted to ask him about something but she took a few glances at him, being hesitant to ask him.

Hyunjoong was aware of it and instead, he was the one started it first. “Do you have something to ask me?”

“Huh?” She looked quite shocked.

“I saw you stealing glances at me.” He looked at her. She grinned in embarrassment. “If you are curious about something, just ask.”

“Can I know about your family? You never told me about them before.”

“Alright, I will share it with you…” He started telling her about his family, “My parents were dead in an accident and they left me behind. From that moment, my uncle looked after me until a few years ago, I moved to my current house and stayed there alone.”

Tiffany looked at him with sadness in her eyes. She never thought that his life were used to be hard for him as he never behaved like someone who had difficulty in his life.

“My parents also left behind that company for me, our family’s company and for now, my uncle take over the company until I’m ready to take over it. That’s why for now I become the vice president to learn more about how to run a company.”

“Wow, later, you will become a President of company!” She said proudly as she patted his shoulder.

Hyunjoong chuckled. “Your family also has a company, right?”

“Yes but I won’t take over it. My younger brother will of course, when he grows up.”

“Oh, you have a younger brother?” Tiffany nodded while smiling. “How old he is?”

“He is about 6 years younger than me, so he is now around 12 years old? His name is Leo Hwang.”

“Oh, I see… Talking about this, I think I might need to have English name especially when I take over my company later. So, what do you think?”

“That’s right… hm… what is suitable for you… hm… Daniel Kim? How about it?”

“Daniel Kim?”

“Yup, Daniel Kim Hyunjoong. It sounds nice?”

“Alright, I’ll use it for sure.”

“Promise?” Tiffany asked to seal the promise by pinky fingers. Instead, Hyunjoong gave a peck on her cheek all of a sudden. She looked very shocked. “Oh?” She touched her cheek while smiling shyly.

“To seal the promise.” He said while smiling bashfully.

The sun was finally setting and now, they could enjoy the beautiful scenery. “It’s really pretty!” She said in amazement. He turned his head towards her and beamed.

Tiffany slowly rested her head on his shoulder which made Hyunjoong smiled and he moved his body closer to her and wrapped his arm around her. They both smiled in happiness while enjoying the scenery.

The sky had become darker. Hyunjoong got up while grabbing her hand, “Let’s go!”

“Where? Do you want to send me home now?” Tiffany obviously looked disappointed though she tried her best to hide it.

“Of course not. Since I have shown the important place to me, now I want to introduce to you the most important person in my life.”

“Oh? Important person? Who is it?” Suddenly, Hyunjoong could sense jealousy in her voice. “Man or woman?”

He looked very happy to see her reaction. “Of course it’s woman.” He added happily, purposely wanted to more.

“What?!” She asked unconsciously slightly raising her voice.

--------

Hyunjoong brought Tiffany to the burger shop which was located quite near to their high school. After arriving, both of them got off from the motorbike.

“Eh? Are we going to eat? Or are we meeting the important person in your life?” She asked in confusion after seeing the burger shop.

“Both.” Hyunjoong replied shortly while smiling widely as he grabbed her hand and walked towards the burger shop.

“EH?!” Tiffany looked more confused but she just let him dragging her.

“Hi, auntie!” Hyunjoong greeted the owner of the burger shop happily especially after it had been a long he visited her.

“Oh, Hyunjoong-ah, you finally come!” She gave a big hug to him. And, then she was aware of other girl with Hyunjoong.

Not knowing what she was supposed to do, Tiffany immediately greeted Auntie while giving 90° bow. “Hello, Auntie.”

“She is very pretty.” She accepted Tiffany’s greet with a warm wide smile.

Hyunjoong introduced auntie to Tiffany. “Actually, she is the most important in my life. When I found out about my parents’ death, I ran away from home because it’s really hard for me to accept it. And, then I met with auntie and since then, she would always look after me. I thought her as my mother.”

“Oh, really?”

“And, then who is this beautiful girl?” Tiffany showed her eye-smile hearing the compliment. “Is she your girlfriend?”

“Yes…” Hyunjoong replied while rubbing his neck shyly.

“Oh, really?” Auntie looked very pleased to find out that news. “It’s very nice to hear. He was always alone and rarely hang out with people. Every day, I always hope that he would introduce me girlfriend.”

Tiffany was glad that now she was able to find out more hidden side of Hyunjoong which she never expect before.

“What is your name?”

“I’m Stephanie Hwang Miyoung. Usually, people call me Tiffany.”

“Oh? You aren’t Korean? But, you speak Korean fluently.”

“No, no… I’m Korean. I was born in America and since then, my family stay there. However, I moved to Korea since all my friends are here.”

“Oh, it’s like that… can I call you Miyoung instead? It’s hard for me to pronounce English.”

“Ok, ok, no problem.” Tiffany replied while chuckling.

“Is it that girl? The one that you told me before?” Auntie asked Hyunjoong referring to the girl that Hyunjoong had told how much he hated her.

“Oh?” Hyunjoong looked quite shocked. “Y… yes…” He admitted hesitantly.

Auntie laughed happily. “So, it seems it DID become true!”

“What are you talking about?” Tiffany asked Hyunjoong in confusion.

“Oh? It’s n… nothing.” He thought it was so embarrassing to tell her.

However, Hyunjoong won’t able to hide it as Auntie told the truth to Tiffany. “Before, Hyunjoong told me about you, saying how much he hated you.”

Tiffany looked at Hyunjoong in disbelief as she showed her cute angry face. Hyunjoong avoided her gaze as he felt so embarrassed and guilty. “Yes, I hated you too, geez!” She lightly hit him.

“That’s right, there’s nothing for me to be sorry for, she hated me too!” He defended himself.

“That’s not my point actually.” Auntie seemed so pleased to see the cute relationship of Hyunjoong and Tiffany who sometimes couldn’t help but fight with each other. “On that time, I already advised him.”

“Oh? Advice?” Tiffany looked so curious.

“Yes, you can’t hate someone forever because someday, that hatred will turn into love. You know why?” She explained further. “Before that, I want to ask, for what reason you guys hated each other so much before?”

“Hm… em...” Both Tiffany and Hyunjoong weren’t able to answer that easy question.

“See? You guys can’t answer, right? It can’t possibly to hate someone without any specific reason. It’s because you cared for each other. You constantly wanted to know how and what each other do and that’s why, you hated for it being like that. What I said is true, isn’t it?”

Hyunjoong and Tiffany was speechless and they could just smiled bashfully. Auntie just laughed happily seeing their reaction.

Auntie went into the kitchen and she came out later with two burgers. “Here two special burgers for you, free of charge to celebrate this good news!”

“Thanks, auntie.” Hyunjoong and Tiffany both said with a thankful smile on their faces.

Tiffany took a bite of the burger. As she was chewing it, she looked like was thinking about something. “It’s really delicious but at the same time, feels so familiar.”

“Hm, what do you mean?” Hyunjoong asked.

“I remember this taste. Auntie’s burger is different from others right? But, this taste I have felt before. I never come here before but how can I ate this?”

“I think I gave it to you before.”

“You did? When?” She asked again since she couldn’t recall the memory of it.

Hyunjoong explained, “Remember when we had class together, which I had to teach you?”

[Tiffany’s flashback]

Then, he quickly took a piece of paper and he wrote, ‘You can eat this burger. I swear there is not poison in it. Don’t imagine that I bought it for you. Auntie, who sells this, gives me freely. I am full, so I give it to you.’ Then, he put the paper on the Tiffany’s table and put the burger onto it.

“HEY!!!” he shouted loudly to wake Tiffany up.

Tiffany opened her eyes and she moved her position. “Yes?” she asked in a weak voice while rubbing her eyes as she felt very sleepy.

“You can go home now!” Hyunjoong said then he walked away.

Tiffany’s eyes were following him until he disappeared from the sight. “Only that?! He never taught me! I can learn at home by myself if it is like this!!!” she muttered angrily.

Then, she yawned once again as she felt very sleepy. Then, she realized about the burger. She saw a paper under the burger. She took it and read. She was smiling while reading the note that was given by Hyunjoong.

[End of the flashback]

Finally, Tiffany seemed to get it. “Ah~ when you said, you got it for free and you were too full to eat?”

Before Hyunjoong could reply, Auntie interrupted their conversation, “You got it for free?”

Tiffany paid her attention to Auntie back while Hyunjoong looked anxious. “Auntie, sshh!” He tried to prevent Auntie for telling further.

“Oh? What’s going on?” Tiffany took a look at both Hyunjoong and Auntie.

Though she understood what Hyunjoong asked her to do, Auntie purposely told everything to Tiffany to create fun situation and atmosphere and at the same, make their relationship stronger. “Although I may be old but I remember every little thing about it, I didn’t purposely give that burger to Hyunjoong but he intently asked it from me.”

Hyunjoong looked very frustrated, he couldn’t run away anymore. Tiffany looked at him while mischievous smile on her face. “It’s that true? So, why did you lie to me that you got it for free?”

“I…” He tried to explain but nothing came across his mind that he could use as an excuse.

“So, you have fallen for me from that moment!” She while patting his arm.

“What?!” He asked in disbelief. “Of… of course not!”

“Yes, I’ll take it as the truth even though I know the REAL truth.” She gave a teasing smile.

“Yah, I already said it isn’t like that! Ah~ seriously!”

“Ah~ Ah~ I can’t hear you! I can’t hear you!” She stuck her tongue out at him cutely. He couldn’t do anything against her teasing especially he himself thought that she was partially true.