Chapter 27

The Magicians of Love

“Stephanie?!” Yoona asked herself in a shocked voice. She held Tiffany’s right hand while starring at the wooden ring. She wanted to make sure the wooden ring is the same ring that she, Yuri and Stephanie made 12 years ago. “Oh! It’s the same!” Yoona exclaimed while smiling widely. Yoona let go of Tiffany’s hand and she turned her head towards Tiffany’s face again. She starred at Tiffany while trying to remember Stephanie’s children face. “Arghh! I can’t remember her face except for her eye smile!” Yoona said in angry voice as she was angry at herself. Yoona hove a deep breath, “How can I see her eye smile when sleeping? I’ll wait until she wakes up,” Yoona said while standing up. She went back to her bed.

She waited for Tiffany to wake up for a few minutes while starring at Tiffany, trying to remember. She was very nervous and excited at the same time. She really hoped that person is Stephanie.”Ah ~ , I can’t wait!” Yoona said while stomping her legs. She really wanted to know as soon as possible either that person was Stephanie or not. She stood up from her bed and went back to Tiffany. She bestrode beside Tiffany while facing her. She drew her face to Tiffany’s face as she wanted to look carefully while trying to remember.

Tiffany finally woke up and she opened her eyes slowly. “ARGHHH!!!” Tiffany shouted as soon as she opened her eyes as Yoona was starring at her in a short distance. After she knew the person is Yoona, she hove a relief sigh. “Oh… Yoona… you startled me!” Tiffany said while smiling and she tapped her chest. She moved her position from lying down to sitting on the sofa.

Tiffany smiled and she kept asking Yoona many questions “Are you okay? Do you want a drink? Or eating? What do you want to eat? Just tell me, I’ll try to get it!” Yoona not gave although one answer for all Tiffany’s questions and she just starred at her as what she wanted to see was fulfilled. She wanted to see Tiffany’s smile. “Hm?” Tiffany asked while raising one of her eyebrow. Tiffany totally forgot that Yoona still didn’t know her officially.

Yoona also started smiling as she felt like her guessing had high possibility be true. “Em…” Yoona said while rubbing her chin and then she exclaimed while looking at Tiffany, “I want to eat raw meat!”

“Raw meat? Okay, no problem. I’ll try to find it. Wait here! I’ll come back as soon as possible,” Tiffany replied. She immediately stood up and walked towards the door. Yoona was just smiling while looking at what Tiffany was doing. Suddenly, Tiffany stopped in front of the door. “Raw meat?!” she asked herself while frowning. Then, she turned her body to Yoona and starred at Yoona with full of questions mark on her face.

Yoona stood up and she just gave Tiffany a grin as the answer for all Tiffany’s question. “Stephanie!” Yoona called loudly.

“Huh?!” Tiffany asked Yoona back while raising her eyebrows.

“Are you… really… Stephanie?” Yoona asked in serious voice. This time she not smiled anymore. She looked straight into Tiffany’s eyes.

“Y… Yes. Why?”

Yoona ran towards Tiffany and she hugged her. Tiffany was very shocked at first but she couldn’t help and smiled. Then, they both let go of each other.

“Well… you remember me faster than Yuri. She had a hard time to remember me!” Tiffany exclaimed.

“It’s because of that ring. I really can’t remember your face except for your eyes smile!” Yoona told Tiffany the truth.

“Oh, my eyes smile?!” Tiffany asked in a shocked voice.

“Yes! It’s still there! It doesn’t change at all!” Yoona exclaimed.

--------------

[Ding Feng high school]

During recess, Hyunjoong was sitting on the grass while leaning against the tree. There was something he kept thinking. ‘Why didn’t she come to school? Is anything happen to her? Is that guy does anything to her?’

[Hyunjoong’s flashback]

[At Hyunjoong and Tiffany’s class, Ding Feng high school]

“Sungmin, what are you doing here? And… what with your face?” Tiffany asked.

“Oh… this?” Sungmin asked while pointing his cheek. “Em… just now, I collided the iron gate,” he replied while laughing. “Em… just forget about it… Can you follow me? I have something to talk with you. This is very important, it’s not just involve you but also others. Please?”

“Okay, no problem,” Tiffany replied and then she took her bag.

[End of flashback]

‘But she looked happy with him… or… maybe she didn’t know him deeply. He said he want to talk something important, involve her also others. What is it? Why he couldn’t tell her in front of me and Eunyoung? It is very suspicious… WAIT!!! Why am I thinking about her?! What’s wrong with me?! And… SHE! Is she really just a human?! She doesn’t come to school today… but she can still driving me crazy!!!’

“YAH!!! Get out from my mind!!!” Hyunjoong shouted loudly in angry tone.

Then, he felt someone was tapping his shoulder. “What?!” he asked in a shocked voice while turning his head.

“Hey, what are you doing here alone?” Jungmin asked while raising his eyebrows.

“Aishhh!” Hyunjoong replied while making his eyes smaller. “Since when did you guys be here?” Hyunjoong asked while looking at Jungmin, Hyungjun, Youngsae and Kyujong.

Then, they walked in front of him and sat. “Well… it’s quite… long,” Youngsae answered.

“What were you thinking? And who is the person that you want to get out from your mind?” Kyujong asked while starring at Hyunjoong.

“Huh?” He asked while raising one of his eyebrows. Then he pretended to laughed and replied, “No one!”

“Really?! You know, you looked like an insane guy when you suddenly shouting just now.” Jungmin said.

“Yes… she’s driving me crazy…” Hyunjoong murmured while bowing his head.

“What did you say?” Hyungjun asked.

“Em… no… nothing!”

“Where have you gone all this time? You rarely hang out with us. We only have practice without you. It was really hard since you are the vocalist.” Youngsae said.

“Oh, yeah! I’m really busy lately. I supposed to teach a new student after school end!” Hyunjoong muttered.

“A new student? Did you mean the girl who sits beside you? She came from foreign country, right?” Hyungjun asked in admiration. Hyunjoong just replied him with a lazy nod. “Oh, you are lucky! She is very beautiful!” he exclaimed.

“YAH! What did you mean by that?! Are you thinking to capture her?!!!” Hyunjoong asked Hyungjun in angry voice.

“Oh, why not? She is very beautiful!” Hyungjun exclaimed while raising his shoulder.

“I give you a warning! Don’t try to do what you are thinking!” Hyunjoong warned angrily.

“Hey, Hyunjoong! Why are you being like this? Do you like her?” Jungmin asked while smirking.

“W… What?! Of course not! I’ll never like her, understand?!” Hyunjoong replied in higher voice.

“Oh, yes! Yes! Whatever! Let’s go to our room (SS501 room)!” Youngsae said. They stood up and went to their room.

[On the way]

“Look! Who is coming!” suddenly Youngsae exclaimed.

Hyunjoong looked at Youngsae to hear what he was saying. Then, he turned his head towards where Youngsae was looking. “Oh, no!” Hyunjoong exclaimed in angry voice. “Why don’t you tell me earlier?!” Hyunjoong asked Youngsae while turning his head towards him.

“Well… she already saw you anyway.” Youngsae replied while shrugging.

“Hyunjoong!” Jihyun greeted Hyunjoong happily while waving her hands in the air.

“What do you want?!”Hyunjoong asked Jihyun harshly while frowning.

Jihyun approached Hyunjoong and she held Hyunjoong’s arm tightly. “Hyunjoong ~, don’t be like this! I want you!” she exclaimed in a cute way.

“Aishhh!” Hyunjoong said in angry voice while biting his lower lips. “YAH! Let go of my arm!” Hyunjoong said while putting away Jihyun’s hands from his arm harshly. “I have said for numerous times, I’ll never like you, understand?!” Hyunjoong just went away without looking at Jihyun following by Hyungjun, Youngsae, Jungmin and Kyujong.

“Aish! Damn it!” Jihyun said while stomping her legs angrily. “Do you think I’ll let you go easily?! Watch out for my plan!”

------------

[At Yoona’s ward]

“It’s already 5 o’clock. Do you just go back from school?” Tiffany asked while looking at Yuri who was entering Yoona’s ward while carrying her bag.

“Yes.” Yuri nodded and then, she sat beside Tiffany. “I need to attend the meeting of my music club.” She pulled a paper out from her bag. “Look!” she showed the paper to Tiffany and Yoona proudly.

“What is that?” Yoona and Tiffany both asked.

“This is a form of piano contest. I’ll participate in this contest. The teacher chooses me on behalf of our school.” Yuri explained excitedly.

“Oh, really? Congratulations!” they both congratulated Yuri while smiling.

“Thanks!” Yuri replied while grinning. “Oh, yes! Tiffany!” Yuri exclaimed while looking at her. “I still don’t know much about you.”

“Oh! Feel free to ask me anything!” Tiffany replied while smiling.

“Do you have a boyfriend?” Yuri boldly asked.

“Huh?!” Tiffany was a bit startled as she didn’t expect Yuri would ask that question. “Em… I… I don’t have!” she stuttered. Suddenly, Tiffany’s cheek turned red.

“Why suddenly your cheek turned red?” Yoona asked Tiffany.

“Really?!” Tiffany asked back in a shocked voice while touching her cheek.

“Tiffany, are you lying to us? You really have a boyfriend, right?” Yuri asked while smirking.

“Yes, yes!” Tiffany finally admitted while bowing her head.

“WOW!” Yoona and Yuri shouted in admiration. “What is his name?”

“Mike.”

“What?! Mike?!” they both asked in an unbelievable voice while raising their eyebrows.

“An American.”

“Oh…”

“Where is him? Is he in Korea?”

“No. He didn’t come along with me.”

“Ah ~, I’m very envious at both of you. You two already have boyfriend.” Yuri said in disappointed voice while leaning against the sofa.

“Yuri-ah, I’m sorry.” Yoona apologized.

“Huh? Why you suddenly ask for my forgiveness?” Yuri asked while starring at Yoona.

“Donghae…” Yoona couldn’t finish her words as she was interrupted by Yuri.

“Yoona! I thought we are already clear about this matter. It’s not your fault. I’m the person who interrupt you relationship with Donghae. I’m the third party! Don’t worry about me. Just continue being together with Donghae, okay? Besides, I think my heart is already opened for other guy.” Yuri explained fully to Yoona. She didn’t want hurting her friend. She wants her friend be happy with the person that she really loves.

“Your heart is opened for other guy?” Tiffany asked Yuri in astonishment. “Did you mean you are falling in love with someone?!” Tiffany asked once again but this time in excited voice.

As they thought about other guy that Yuri liked, suddenly Yuri remembered about his jacket that he gave to her. “Oh, yes! Where is his jacket?!” Yuri asked to herself while looking around. Then, she stood up and started looking for the jacket.

Tiffany and Yoona looked at Yuri who was walking around in the ward, in astonishment. “Yuri-ah, what’s wrong?” Tiffany asked.

Yuri just ignored Tiffany’s question. “Where is it?!” Yuri asked once again to herself in angry voice while looking for the jacket.

Tiffany stood up and she couldn’t stand looking at Yuri who looked so worried. “YURI!” Tiffany stopped Yuri from walking by holding her shoulder. “What are you looking for?!”

“The jacket! Did you guys see the jacket?!” Yuri asked in a worried voice. She was breathing hardly.

“The jacket?! Do you mean the blue jacket?” Tiffany asked Yuri.

Yuri nodded, “Did you see it?!”

“Wait here!” Tiffany let go of Yuri’s shoulder. Then, she walked towards the wardrobe and took a blue jacket out from the wardrobe. “Is this what are you looking for?” Tiffany asked while showing it to Yuri.

Yuri ran towards Tiffany and took it quickly like the jacket would disappear in any moment. “Thanks!” she exclaimed and then jumped happily.

“Who’s the owner of the jacket? It’s for guys. I don’t think it belongs to you. Why did you look so worried when losing it?” Yoona asked.

“This jacket belongs to the guy that I bumped in the train. He borrowed it to me when I didn’t bring an umbrella when it was raining heavily. He is very kind and… handsome!” Yuri explained and the last sentence she looked very happy and excited when uttering it.

“Yuri… does you… maybe… like him?” Yoona asked. She hoped a good reply from Yuri as she still felt a bit guilty for Yuri.

“I… I don’t know. But, when he is around me, my heart starts beating faster.”

“Yuri, please tell me! Do you really like him or not? This is very important to me. I would feel guilty as long as you still like Donghae.”

“Ok, ok! Don’t worry, I think I’m falling in love with him.” Yuri finally admitted and because of that she blushed.

“Really? That’s good!” Yoona exclaimed and then she hove a relief sigh.

Suddenly, they heard someone was knocking the door. Then, they saw Donghae was entering the ward. “Hi, girls!” Donghae greeted happily.

“Hi!” Yuri and Tiffany greeted him back.

Donghae walked towards Yoona and sat beside Yoona, on the bed. He put his arm around her. Yoona smiled to him. “I met doctor yesterday. He said you can be discharged today, NOW!” Donghae told the happy news excitedly.

“Really?!” Yoona asked in unbelievable voice while looking at Donghae. Donghae nodded while smiling. He spread his arms out. Yoona immediately went to Donghae’s embrace.

“Oh, yeah!!!” Tiffany and Yuri exclaimed happily while making a hi- 5. Then, they hugged each other. After that, they went to Yoona and hugged her.

“Hey, girls! Don’t be like that!” Donghae said but got ignored by them. He was falling on the floor as Yuri and Tiffany hugged Yoona tightly and he was pushed aside by them. They were very excited.

-----------------

[At Soshi Girls’ villa]

“Eh, Yoona! You are already discharged? Why don’t you tell us? We just thought wanting to visit you.” Taeyeon said.

“I want to make a surprise for you!” Yoona exclaimed.

Soshi Girls just smiled. “Ok, ok! Anyways, we are happy you were discharged. You can take a rest.” Yoona, Yuri and Tiffany entered Yoona’s room following by Donghae who was carrying Yoona’s bag.

------------

[In Yoona’s room]

Yoona was sitting on the bed while leaning. Yuri and Tiffany were sitting on the sofa. Donghae put Yoona’s bag at an angle and then, he approached Yoona. “If you feel pain, please tell me.”

“Em.” Yoona replied while nodding.

Donghae looked at Yuri and Tiffany. “Please take care of Yoona.”

“Donghae, don’t worry! Of course we’ll take care of her!” Tiffany exclaimed.

Donghae turned back his head towards Yoona. “I’ll go first!” Donghae said while Yoona’s hair.

Yoona nodded and smiled. Before Donghae went, he gave Yoona a kiss on her lips. “ARGHHH!” Yuri and Tiffany shouted as they didn’t expect of what Donghae and Yoona were doing. Then, they both closed each other’s eyes with their hands.

Yoona blushed and she bowed her head. Donghae smiled looking at Yoona’s reaction. Then, he stood up and walked towards the door. Suddenly, he stopped in front of Yuri and Tiffany. “I’ll go first!” Donghae talked in loud voice on purpose to make Yuri and Tiffany realized. Yuri and Tiffany slowly put away their hands from their sight. Donghae exited from Yoona’s room. Tiffany and Yuri looked at Yoona with a serious expression on their face. Yoona just bowed her head as she felt embarrassed.

Suddenly, Yuri’s hand phone was ringing. She answered the call but she ended the call with a disappointed expression on her face. “Why? Anything’s wrong?” Tiffany asked while looking at Yuri.

“My mom asks me to go to the foundation of Sheith Company’s anniversary ceremony as she can’t attend it. I really feel bored with ceremony like that.” Yuri explained to Yoona and Tiffany. Yuri looked at Tiffany, “Tiffany, can you accompany me?”

“Oh. Yuri ~, I’m really sorry. I have a thing to do. I’m really sorry. I really want to accompany you.” Tiffany kept apologizing to Yuri.

“It’s okay…” Yuri replied.

“Yuri-ah! I can accompany you. I don’t have anything to do anyway.” Yoona said.

“Yoona, you was discharged just now.”

“I really can accompany you. I’m okay now.”

“Really?”

“Please!”

--------------

[At the foundation of Sheith Company’s anniversary ceremony]

Yuri and Yoona were walking. Yoona was looking at the surrounding in admiration. This was the first time for her being at this place.  “Yuri, there are many famous person here!” Yoona exclaimed excitedly.

“Of course! This is very important ceremony.”

Then, they arrived at the food area. “Wow! There are many delicious food! And, they look very mouth-watering!” Yoona exclaimed while starring at the food and she gulped.

“You can eat it.” Yuri said to Yoona.

“Really?! Wow!” Yoona immediately took a plate and she took many food. Yuri just smiled while looking at Yoona.

Yoona ate the food hungrily. “Wow, you have a great appetite.” Yuri said while looking on how Yoona ate. “Please eat slowly. I’m afraid you will have indigestion.”  Nevertheless, Yoona just ignored her.

Then, a woman walked towards Yuri. “Yuri!”

Yuri turned her head towards her. “Oh, Auntie! Hello!” Yuri greeted her while bowing 90°.

“Don’t you come with your mother? Where is she?” Mrs. Han asked.

“She is really sorry. She couldn’t make it.” Yuri explained.

“Oh… is she your friend?” Mrs. Han asked while pointing at Yoona who was still eating hungrily.

“Y… Yes.” Yuri replied while faking a smile.

“She really has a great appetite.” Mrs. Han said while smiling. Yuri just replied her with a smile. “Please enjoy yourself!” she said before going away.

“Yoona, please eat slowly! You embarrass me!” Yuri whispered to Yoona.

“W…why…? Th… th… isss… ve..ve..ry del… ici… ous.” Yoona replied while full with many food.

“Oh, yeah, yeah! Just eat!” Yuri replied. She couldn’t understand anything what Yoona was saying. Yuri looked around briefly and she spotted someone who was familiar. Her eyes went bigger as soon as she looked at him.”Yoona! Yoona! Look at that guy! That’s him!” Yuri exclaimed while tapping Yoona. She was breathing hardly as she was very excited and she couldn’t believe what she saw.

Yoona turned her head towards Yuri, “What’s wrong with you? Who are you talking about?”

“Look at the guy there! The guy who was standing there! He is the guy that I like!” Yuri exclaimed excitedly. Yoona quickly looked at the guy which was pointed by Yuri. She also was surprised as soon as she saw him. In addition, Yoona’s mouth still was fulfilled with food. Because of the shock, Yoona coughed. Yuri turned her head towards Yoona and tapped her back for a few times, “Are you okay?”

“I… I’m okay.” Yoona replied after her cough stopped. She hove a relief sigh.

“I have said, please eat slowly!” Yuri said in higher voice.

“I coughed not because of the food but because of him!” Yoona said while pointing to that guy.

“Huh?! Why?!” Yuri asked while frowning.

“You like him, right?” Yoona asked. Yuri nodded. “I know him!” Yoona added.

“You know him?! Are you serious?!”

“Em! He is Choi Minho! He studies at our school!”

“Really?!”

“It’s kind of impossible knowing the fact that you don’t know him. He is very popular in our school. He is the captain of our school’s basketball team.”

“I just transferred to our school last week, right? But, he is Minho, right? Wow!!! Captain! He must be the best player!” Yuri said in admiration.

“But, Yuri, there are many girls around him!”

“WHAT?!!! Did you mean he is playboy?!” Yuri asked in a shocked voice. Without evidence, she didn’t want to believe what Yoona said.

“NO! What I mean, there are many girls who want him!” Yoona explained. Yuri hove a relief sigh. “Anyways, I think you shouldn’t give up, okay? Besides, you have an advantage. He is also Taeyeon’s cousin.”

“Oh, really?! This world is so small!”

“You can get closer to him through Taeyeon. But, now, you must be friend with him. I have promised to you that I’ll help you! Let’s go!” Yoona said while pulling Yuri’s hand.

“What are you trying to do?!” Yuri asked in anxious voice while trying stopping Yoona.

“Yuri, let’s go! We must do the first step!” Yoona said while pulling Yuri’s hands and she just ignored Yuri who didn’t agree with her decision. They both walked towards Minho. After a few steps, they were standing in front of him. Yuri took a deep breath as she was very nervous. “Say hello to him!” Yoona whispered to Yuri.

Yuri mustered all her courage while grasping her hands and then she said to Minho, “Excuse me!”

Minho looked at Yuri. “Oh!” he was a bit startled and then he smiled sweetly towards Yuri as a sign that he recognized her.

“Oh ~, why every time I see his smile, I feel like dying?! Kwon Yuri, calm down!’ Yuri thought while starring at him.

“We meet again here! I really don’t expect our second meeting would be here! Anyways, let me introduce myself. I’m Choi Minho! I’m studying at Ying Ye high school!” Minho introduced himself while reaching his hand.

Yuri took his hand and they shook hands. “I’m Kwon Yuri! I’m also studying at Ying Ye high school.”

“Oh, really?! What a coincidence! Anyways, friends?” Minho asked Yuri to be his friend.

“Friends!” Yuri exclaimed while smiling.

Minho realized about the presence of Yoona. “Yoona? You also come?”

“You know me?” Yoona asked in unbelievable voice.

“Of course. I see you first at the basketball court. Besides, you are Donghae’s girlfriend and Taeyeon’s friend. It’s kind of impossible that I don’t know you.” Yoona just replied him with a smile.

“She is also my friend. I ask her to accompany me.”

“Yuri, what the name of your family’s company? Mine is Magical.”

“Mine?! Em… no! My family don’t have a company! We came to this ceremony because of the invitation for Yoona’s family. She is the one that have family company, not me!” Yuri lied. Yoona looked at Yuri while frowning. She didn’t know what the purpose for the lying that Yuri made.

“Oh… Em… Yoona, so, what the name of your family’s company?” Minho asked.

“Huh? Em…” Yoona was hesitated. She looked at Yuri. Yuri gave her a ‘please’ expression. “Laundry!” suddenly Yoona exclaimed. She didn’t know how that word was uttered by her.

“Laundry?!” Minho asked in astonishment while frowning.

“Em… you know right… washing cloth…” Yoona answered while pretending to laugh since she didn’t know the explanation was logic or not.

“Oh… ok!” Minho replied. “Excuse me. I need to meet someone. It’s nice to meet you two. Bye!”

“Bye!” Yuri and Yoona replied while waving their hands in the air. After Yuri made sure Minho was far enough from them, she asked Yoona, “Yoona, don’t you have other things except laundry to say?”

“It’s not my fault! Why you suddenly lied and asked me to do that? What can I say anymore? Suddenly, the laundry word came across to my mind!”

Yuri took a deep breath. “Anyways, thanks! I have become his friend!” Yuri exclaimed happily and then, she hugged Yoona tightly. “You are my truly friend!”

“Ok, ok! But don’t waste my effort!”