Chapter 28

The Magicians of Love

[The next day]

[At Soshi Girls’ villa]

Yoona was exiting from her room. She closed the door and she stood in front of her door for a while. She yawned while covering with her hand. “Yoona, hi! You have waken up?” Yuri greeted Yoona happily from the kitchen. She was taking her breakfast.

“Argh! Yuri! You startled me!” Yoona said in a shocked voice. She hove a relief sigh while tapping her chest. Then, she looked at the clock on the wall. “Yuri, it’s already 9 o’clock! What are you doing here during this time?!” Yoona asked in high voice.

“I’m eating. You want to join me?” Yuri replied.

Yoona immediately went to the kitchen. She approached Yuri. She put her both hands on the table and yelled while closing her eyes, “YURI!!!”

Yuri who was sipping her soup, coughed after she heard Yoona’s scream. She wiped with a tissue and replied, “Yoona, what’s wrong? You startled me!”

“You should be at the school right now!” Yoona said while looking at Yuri with angry expression on her face.

“Oh… I take holiday today. I want to accompany you. I feel worried to let you alone at home. There is no one.”

“Yuri, I’m really okay. You know how much you have loss when not attending school in a day?!”

Yuri stood up and approached Yoona. She put her hand on Yoona’s shoulder and said, “Yoona, it’s okay. Tomorrow, I’ll go, okay? Tomorrow, I’ll go, really. Don’t be angry.”

“No. I’m not angry you. I just don’t want to be a burden to others.”

“Okay, okay. I understand. Just forget this thing, okay? Come, let’s eat!”

“I want to take bath first.”

“Oh?! That’s why I smell something smelly!” Yuri joked. Then, she laughed. “Okay, go take your bath first.” Yuri said while putting away her hand from Yoona’s shoulder and went back to her seat. She continued taking her breakfast.

Meanwhile, Yoona who was on the way to her room, stopped for a while after hearing there was someone entering the villa. “Donghae?!” she asked in a shocked voice while starring at the person who entered the villa.

“Donghae-ah, hello!!!” Yuri greeted Donghae happily from the kitchen while waving her hands in the air. Donghae just replied Yuri with a happy smile. Then, he turned his head towards Yoona.

“Don’t you go to school?!” Yoona asked Donghae while starring at him.

“Not!” Donghae shook his head while smiling. “If I go, I can’t concentrate in the class as I would think about you.”

“Oh, that’s great! We both will take care of Yoona!” Yuri exclaimed.

“What is so great about it?!” Yoona asked in angry voice while starring at Yuri who was in the kitchen. Then, she bowed her head while frowning. She looked angry. She angry at neither Yuri nor Donghae but she felt bad.

Donghae approached Yoona. He held Yoona’s chin and lifted her head up. “Just forget about it, okay? Actually, I want to ask you out.”

------------

“You have finish? Let’s go!” Donghae said to Yoona. Then, he turned his head towards Yuri who was in the kitchen. “Yuri, come with us!”

“No, it’s okay.”

“Yuri, let’s go! Follow us!” Yoona added.

“No, no!” Yuri replied while shaking her head. “I’ll stay at home. You two have fun by yourself. I don’t want disturb you guys. Bye!” she added while waving her hands in the air.

Yoona went to the kitchen. “Yuri, let’s go! It would be more enjoyable if you come with us. Please!” Yoona persuaded Yuri while pulling her hands to force her standing up.

“Ok, ok! I’ll go!” Yuri finally gave up with Yoona’s stubbornness.

“Oh, yeah!” Yoona exclaimed while clapping her hand excitedly. Then, she hugged Yuri.

-----------

Outside their villa, they met with Tiffany who was walking towards Soshi Girls’ villa. “Fany, what are you doing here?!” Yoona asked in a shocked voice.

“Oh, hi everyone!” Tiffany greeted happily while running towards them.

“Don’t you go to school?!” Yoona asked Tiffany. She looked at her with a serious expression on her face.

“Well… isn’t it obvious?” Tiffany asked back while raising her shoulder.

“Want to follow us? Actually, we want to go out.” Donghae invited Tiffany.

“Oh, really?! Sure!” Tiffany accepted the invitation happily.

Yuri walked towards Tiffany and she put her hand on Tiffany’s shoulder. “It’s great you came. Actually, I don’t want to disturb them but they forced me to follow them. At least, when I want to leave them, I’m not alone.” Yuri whispered to Tiffany.

-----------

[At Class 3A (Tiffany and Hyunjoong’s class, Ding Feng high school]

The teacher was teaching in front of the class. Everyone was paying their attention to the lesson attentively except for Hyunjoong. He always took a glance to the seat beside him, Tiffany’s seat and his mind was thinking about her. He was very worried about her. She hadn’t come to school for two days. He felt very weird since there was no one wanted to argue with him. He already got used with the argument with Tiffany. So, when she was not around, he felt something was missing… empty…

After a few minutes later, the lesson ended and the teacher exited from the class. ‘Should I ask to Eunyoung about her or not?’ he thought. After hesitation for a while, he finally opened his mouth and called Eunyoung who was sitting in front of Tiffany’s seat. “Eunyoung!”

Eunyoung turned her head towards him and asked, “Why?”

“Have you contact her? She hasn’t come to school for two days. I’m quite wor… NO! I… I… mean it’s really annoying when the teacher always ask me about her absence. Even though I’m her seat mate, that doesn’t mean I know everything about her.” Hyunjoong lied. He didn’t want Eunyoung misunderstanding his relationship with Tiffany.

“Yes, I have talked to her. She is okay but she didn’t tell me about her absence. Hyunjoong-ah! Don’t worry about her!” Eunyoung exclaimed while smirking.

“YAH! When I said I’m worried about her?!” Hyunjoong said in angry voice.

“Oh, yes… whatever,” Eunyoung replied and then she turned her head to the in front.

Hyunjoong finally lost his temper and he stood up. “Eunyoung-ah! I really don’t feel worried about her. What can’t you understand me?! I REALLY REALLY don’t feel worried about her! Please don’t misunderstand!”

Eunyoung just laughed looking at Hyunjoong’s reaction. “I already said yes and I don’t say anything else. Why did you give me such… what should I say?” Eunyoung asked herself while rubbing her chin. “Such an intense explanation?”

“But, your expression…”

“What’s wrong with my expression?” Eunyoung asked while starring at Hyunjoong.

“You… AH! Just forget it! I’m just wasting my time trying to argue with you about her!” Hyunjoong said angrily and then he walked away.

Eunyoung was just starring at Hyunjoong who was walking away. “Ceh! He thinks I’m so stupid not to notice about it?! He is obviously worried about her!”

------------

[At a park in Seoul]

Donghae and Yoona were walking together, side by side. As usual, Donghae was wearing a cap to protect his identity when he was at a public area. Behind them, Yuri and Tiffany were following them.

“Don’t you think it’s the time we should leave them alone?” Tiffany whispered to Yuri.

“Oh, yes!” Yuri replied while nodding. “Donghae! Yoona!”Yuri called. Donghae and Yoona stopped walking and they turned their body to the back. “Tiffany and I want to go somewhere else. Have fun, okay?”

“Where do you want to go?” Yoona asked.

“Just around here. Okay? Bye!” Tiffany replied while pulling Yuri’s hands and they walked away.

Yoona looked at them while frowning. “Where do they want to go?”

Donghae looked at Yoona. “Yoona, don’t worry! They must just go around here. Let’s go!” Donghae said while holding Yoona’s hand.

Yoona smiled when realizing Donghae held her hand. They continued walking while swinging their hands which were holding onto each other's hands happily. “Em… Donghae. Yesterday you mother visited me at the hospital.”

Donghae stopped walking as soon as he heard what Yoona said. He turned his body and faced Yoona. “Did my mom do something to you?! Did she hurt you?!” Donghae asked Yoona in anxious voice while frowning.

“No, no! She didn’t do anything to me. Don’t worry! Instead, she gave us her blessing for our relationship!” Yoona said happily while smiling widely.

“Really?!” Donghae asked in happy voice. Then, he hugged Yoona tightly. Yoona was smiling happily in Donghae’s embrace.

---------------

“I’m really thankful that you are here. If not, of course I would be alone now.” Yuri said.

Tiffany smiled. “What we should do now to kill the time?”

“Want to eat ice cream?”

“Oh, great idea!” Tiffany exclaimed while clapping her hands excitedly. “It has been a long time since I eat one.”

“Besides, I want to tell something interesting!” Yuri said while smiling widely.

“Interesting?! Okay! Let’s go!” Tiffany just wanted to walk but got stopped by Yuri. Tiffany looked back at Yuri. “Why?”

“Want to play the game that we used to play when we are children?” Yuri asked while raising her eyebrows.

“Okay!” Tiffany exclaimed while showing her eye-smile. “This time, I won’t lose again! I’m different now!”

“Okay, we’ll wait and see! 1,2,3! Go!” They both started running to the ice cream shop.

They used to play this game when they are children. This reminded them their old sweet memories. After school ended, they would steal some time to eat ice cream at the nearest shop from their school. They would run from school to there. Who arrived the last, needed to pay for the ice cream. As usual, who was the most active; Yuri won the first place, following by Yoona. And the least active or the most easily got tired, Tiffany, always needed to pay for the ice cream since she always the last place.

“Oh, yeah! I win again!!!” Yuri shouted while jumping happily after she arrived in front of the ice cream shop first. Then, she looked back to see Tiffany. “Eh?! Where is she?” she asked herself while looking around. A few seconds later, she spotted a girl was running towards her. “Fany-ah!”

Tiffany couldn’t utter any words as she was out of breath. “I… I ca… can’t ta… lk,” Tiffany tried to talk while breathing hardly. She was holding her chest while heaving a few deep breathes.

Yuri just laughed looking at Tiffany. “You are already tired? I think you are the same as before! So, where is the difference of you that you said just now?” Yuri jeered at Tiffany.

“Okay, okay! I’ll pay for it!” Tiffany replied in higher voice.

Yuri just laughed and then, she approached Tiffany. She put her hand on Tiffany’s shoulder. “Let’s go!” They slowly walked together to the shop.

“How can you still be as active as before?” Tiffany asked while looking at Yuri. “I thought I have seen a lightning when I saw you run!” Tiffany exclaimed in amazement. Yuri just could reply her with a grin.

------------

Yoona and Donghae were walking together while swinging their hands. “Ahhh!” Donghae shouted in satisfactory voice while smiling widely.

“Are you that happy?” Yoona asked while looking at Donghae.

“Em, of course!” Donghae exclaimed while nodding. “Today is a great day for date! The sun is shining brightly as my heart is! Our wishes have been fulfilled!”

“Our wishes!? What do you mean by that?” Yoona asked. She starred at Donghae while frowning.

“Yes, our wishes! My wishes and your wishes… I wish that you would be safe and we would get the approval for our relationship from my mother. So, my wishes were already fulfilled. Well… your wishes… maybe just some of them were fulfilled. For example… now, you have found Tiffany and Yuri, right?”

“Oh…” Yoona replied while nodding her head for a few times. “WAIT!” Yoona suddenly blurted out while frowning as she was thinking. She immediately turned her head towards Donghae. “How did you know about my wishes?”

‘Oh, no! I shouldn’t tell her about it!’ Donghae thought. “I… em… I…” he stuttered while thinking an excuse that could make sense. “I just guess it!” he added while pretending to laugh. Then, he walked faster than Yoona.

Yoona chased him and stopped him from walking. She turned his body to face him. “Did you read my wishes?!” Yoona asked in high voice with a serious expression on her face.

“Oh… em… maybe…” Donghae replied while raising one of his eyebrows. He was quite afraid looking at Yoona’s reaction. “I… I’m sorry. I know I shouldn’t read it…” Yoona’s expression became worse since her serious expression changed to angry expression. “But, seriously! What wrong’s with it? Why I can’t read your wishes?!” Donghae asked in high voice. He talked in more confidence tone this time.

“That is my personal! Others shouldn’t read it beside me!” Yoona said angrily.

“Yes, I agree with you about that! But, I’m different from others. I’m your boyfriend or maybe… your future husband.”

“MAYBE?!” Yoona asked in a shocked and angry voice. “What did you mean by that?!”

“Yes, there is possibility we may break up.” Donghae answered. The answer that Donghae gave just made the situation worse. Yoona starred at Donghae angrily. “Ok! I’m sorry, I’m your future husband!” Donghae immediately replied after seeing Yoona’s reaction.

‘Aish! Seriously! Why did she need to angry at such a simple thing?! But the most important thing right now, I just need to follow what she wants to calm her anger,’ Donghae thought.

“Ok, ok! I’m sorry for reading your wishes. Nevertheless, you still need to learn on how to share your personal with me! Em… okay! It is still my fault anyway to read your wishes without your permission.” Donghae carefully uttered his words to make sure his words won’t increase her anger. Yoona seemed calmer now. “Eh ~, don’t be angry anymore!” Donghae said while pinching Yoona’s cheek softly. Yoona finally replied with a smile. Donghae also smiled looking at Yoona’s reaction.

-------------

“So, what’s the thing that you say interesting?” Tiffany asked.

“Actually, I thought the yesterday ceremony would be bad. Nevertheless, I’m really really thankful my mother asked me to go there on her behalf!”

“Oh, really?! I wonder what the interesting thing that makes you happy like that.”

“I met the guy that I like at the ceremony!” Yuri exclaimed happily. “And, it turned out that he is Taeyeon’s cousin!”

“Wow, that’s great! You can ask Taeyeon about him!”

“Yes! Besides, we also already became friends! I thought it would be so hard just want to be his friend!”

“Maybe he also interest in you?”

“I hope so!” Yuri replied while smiling happily.

-------------

[At night, Soshi Girls’ villa]

“Taeyeon, I want to ask something.” Yuri started the conversation.

“Oh, yes… what is it?”

“Actually, I’m quite embarrassed to discuss about this.” Yuri answered while bowing her head.

“Yuri, what is the thing that makes you blush like that? We rarely see you in this condition. Oh! Actually, it is the first time for us to see you being like this.” Sunny said.

“It about the guy?” Jessica asked. Yuri nodded shyly. Soshi Girls exclaimed happily after seeing Yuri’s answer.

“Well… about whom? I don’t know many guys… just a few.” Taeyeon asked.

“Yuri, after you can’t have Donghae… now, you are planning something on Wooyoung?” Sunny teased Yuri.

“WHAT?!!!” Yuri asked in a shocked voice and her eyes went bigger.

“Yuri-ah, don’t take it seriously. I’m just kidding!” Sunny replied while laughing.

“Sunny-ah!!!” Yuri said in high voice. Sunny just laughed and then she put her arm around Yuri.

“So, what do you want to ask me?” Taeyeon asked Yuri.

“Actually, it concerns Minho. I… I like him.” Yuri admitted while blushing.

Jessica and Sunny cheered loudly. Meanwhile Taeyeon smiled and asked, “Really? So, what did you want to ask me about him?”

“Does he have a girlfriend?”

“Em… as far as I know, I don’t think he has one. But, he is very close to a girl.”

“A girl?!”

“Yes. But, I think she is just a close noona to him. Well… I’m not too sure.”

---------

[The next day, at Ying Ye high school]

The school had ended. Yuri was at near Minho’s class. She waited for the class to finish and she brought along Minho’s jacket with her. Minho’s class finished a bit late. After a few minutes later, the class ended. ‘Finally it ended!’ Yuri thought. She was correcting her hair and she was making sure she looked good while waiting for the students exited from the class. She decided to go after seeing many of the students had left. She passed by Minho’s class with the hope that he would realize her presence. Unfortunately, Minho was bagging his things so he didn’t see her.

“Oh, damn it! He couldn’t see me!” she talked to herself after passing Minho’s class. She turned back and passed Minho’s class once again while looking straight as she was trying not to be so obvious. This time, the fortunate was on her side, Minho finally saw Yuri and then, he called her, “Yuri!”

“Oh, yes! Finally, he saw me!” Yuri talked to herself while grasping her fist excitedly. She controlled her expression and then, she turned her head towards Minho. “Oh, Minho! Hi!”

Minho approached Yuri. “What are you doing here?” he asked while smiling.

“Em… I… I just passed by.” Yuri replied while faking a smile. “Oh... em… since I meet you now, I can return back your jacket.” Yuri gave Minho back his jacket while smiling. “Thanks!”

Minho took it and replied, “Welcome! But, it’s okay. You don’t need to return it! It must be hard for you to return this back to me.”

“No! I’m glad to return it back. Besides, I also want to utter my thanks to you.”

“Oh…” Minho replied while giving a sweet smile. “Are you going home after this?”

“Yes.” Yuri replied while nodding.

“By car?”

“Not! By foot. Actually, I stay at Taeyeon’s villa.”

“Really? I also live around there. I can send you home. We walk together!” Minho offered. Yuri could just smile widely as the answer of the offer that Minho gave. “Can I?” Minho asked once again to get Yuri’s approval since she didn’t gave him an answer for his offer.

“Of course!” Yuri exclaimed happily. “Let’s go!”