Chapter 52

The Magicians of Love

Sungmin was practicing at the basketball court by himself. He tried to throw the ball into the net but he failed to make a shot. He looked very depressed. He took the ball once again and tried his best to make a shot.

“AISSHH!” He threw the ball to the floor with a strong force which caused the ball to bounce back. He was very mad at himself. He couldn’t make even a shot because he couldn’t focus on it. His minds kept thinking about Sunny. The match would start soon.

He decided to take a break to calm down himself. He leaned against the chair and closed his eyes.

“Why didn’t you practice?” A sudden voice whispered to him.

“Oh! You startled me!” He immediately opened his eyes and looked at that person. “Yah! What are you doing here?!”

“Why do you look so depressed?” Hara asked.

“You are so thick-faced. How can you ask that question like an innocent person?! Go! I don’t want to see your face.” He said firmly.

“What’s wrong with you?” Hara looked at Sungmin in astonishment. “Anyways, where is Sunny?” she looked around.

“If you don’t want to go, I’ll go!” Sungmin got up.

“Wait!” Hara grabbed his arm. “Why are you treating me like this? Shouldn’t you be thankful to me?”

“Wow! This is really too much!” He rolled his eyes in annoyance. “Don’t you have any pride? How can you act like an innocent person after causing a problem to me and Sunny?!”

“What do you mean a problem? Don’t you two get together yet?”

“Sunny is really angry to me after you kissed me! She didn’t even want to look at my face. Every time I tried to talk to her, she ran away! She kept avoiding me! You know, how painful is that?!”

“What?!” Hara asked in disbelief. “Of course she would be angry! Why don’t you…”

Sungmin cut her off as he was too angry. “If you know she would be angry, why did you that?!”

“Listen first!” Hara slightly raised her voice. “Just tell her that you love her, everything is settled! Her anger would be gone!”

“Huh? What are you talking about?” A frown could be seen on his face.

“You still don’t get it? I didn’t do it for nothing! I purposely kissed you to make her angry! Her anger means she is jealous. Jealousy means she loves you! Just explain to her that there is nothing between us and just confess your feelings.”

“What? I…” Sungmin was speechless. Hara didn’t know whether Sungmin was shocked or still clueless about the truth. “Sh… She… do you think she really loves me?”
“Yes, of course!” Hara emphasized. “She won’t get mad over us from nothing, you know.”

Sungmin finally smiled since last evening. It seemed like his mood had been good again. Actually, that fact had helped him to gain back his confidence to play in the final match. “Anyways, I’m sorry. You should tell me first what you planned to do.”

“It’s okay. Actually, it just popped into my minds when I saw her. Plus, our acting has to be real and natural to prevent her finding out, isn’t? And, there is no need to act anymore and you should just tell her everything. Her feelings have been showed obviously, right?”

Sungmin nodded with a wide smile on his face.

-------------

“The match has started 20 minutes ago.” Tiffany informed after taking a look at the clock.

“Sunny still doesn’t come out from her room. Do you think she really wants to go?” Jessica asked while looking at Sunny’s room to check her.

“Well… I don’t think she wants to go as long as Sungmin is there, right?” Taeyeon replied. “I think it’s better if we…”

All of a sudden, they heard a sound from Sunny’s room. They could see Sunny was coming out from her room. “Let’s go to the match.”

The girls looked shocked. “Y… you want to go? Are you sure?” Yoona asked to confirm.

“Yes.” Sunny nodded and the girls looked relief since there was no sign of anger anymore on her face. She looked very scary when she was angry since she rarely got mad.

------------

Yoona who was bringing a bottle of water in her hand, spotted Donghae at the audience place and sat beside him. The match was still going on.

“How was it? Can you bring Sunny here?” Donghae asked.

“Yes, she’s coming.” She answered while smiling.

“Oh, that’s great! I think Sungmin can’t give his full attention to the match, he keeps looking for her.” Donghae took the bottle of water from Yoona and drunk it.

“Hey, it’s my water.” Yoona looked at Donghae seriously.

Donghae stopped drinking while looking back at Yoona. “Your water is my water too.” He grinned. She let out a chuckle. Donghae continued drinking the water. “Ah!” He exclaimed in satisfaction after drinking all the water.

“Yah!” Yoona hit his arm. She took the bottle from Donghae’s hand and stared at it which was empty. “You…” She gave him a death glare. Donghae gave a peck on her lips to calm her down. “Yah! What are you doing?!” She looked around in anxiety because they were in the court right now, of course there would be many people. She hove a sigh of relief since the audiences were focusing on the match.

She looked at him back. “I love you!” He grinned.

“Ceh!” she rolled her eyes in happiness.

The girls came and went to the audience place. Taeyeon and Jessica sat beside their own boyfriend while Tiffany and Sunny sat beside Yoona.

“How’s the match?” Jessica asked Onew.

“Well, not bad, it’s really a tough match but the opponent is leading the match by 10 points now.” Onew replied.

“Are they going to win?” Jessica asked unsurely. “It would be nice if Minho can play.”

Sunny looked around, looking for Hara but she was nowhere to be found. She thought it was quite strange. Shouldn’t she be here to cheer for her boyfriend? Honestly, in deep her heart, she was happy. Even how angry she was at him right now, she still wanted to cheer and support him silently.

After making a shot, Sungmin took a look at the audience place, still didn’t give up finding any trace of Sunny. Finally, he spotted her sitting beside Tiffany. Sunny who kept checking him out, looked quite shocked. Sungmin gave a wide smile and a wink to her as he was too happy she was here. She was very shocked as he still could act like that even he knew she was angry at him.

The match was going on. Both of team kept making a shot in order to win the game. However, the opponent team still leaded the game by 20 points. It seemed like the Ying Ye high school’s team really needed Minho to win the game.

Not long after, Yuri and Minho finally arrived. They walked to the audience place while holding hands. The girls and the boys were welcoming them warmly as all of them had known that they were lovers now. Minho and Yuri smiled widely and sat beside Taeyeon.

“Hi, my cousin-in-law!” Taeyeon teased Yuri.

“Taeyeon-ah…” Yuri patted Taeyeon’s arm lightly while Minho just grinned widely.

“How is the match?” Minho asked in full of concern.

“Well… our school is left behind a lot. We are losing.” Wooyoung replied.

Minho seemed very worried. Yuri looked at him. “Don’t worry too much.” She held his arm. He looked at her back and forced a smile.

Finally, it was time for the recess after first half-time. Minho went to the player of his team and Yuri followed him along.

“Oh, Minho. You are finally here.” Taecyeon exclaimed.

“It’s really hard to play without you.” Nickhun added.

Sungmin added after gulping down his water. “It would be nice if you can play.”

“I think I can play…”

“Minho!” Yuri immediately cut him off while raising her voice. “You have said you won’t play!”

“Yuri, I’m sure I can. Please let me…”

“No! Doctor said that you can’t play for a month. Please listen to me. Your legs can be worse if you force yourself.” She looked at him with concerned face. She won’t let him do the stupid things.

“Ok, ok. I’m sorry.” Minho held her hand to calm her down. “I won’t.” He looked at Taecyeon, Nickhun and Sungmin back. “Anyways, you guys should try your best.”

The second half-time of the match started after 15 minutes. Yuri and Minho sat on the bench of the player while watching the match attentively especially Minho who couldn’t rest his face from frowning.

The opponent team kept making the shots which caused them to lead the game without any problem.

Taecyeon got the ball and passed to Sungmin who was near to the opponent’s net. Sungmin took the ball and went to left and right to get closer to the net. He finally jumped to throw the ball into the net. However, a player from the opponent’s team also jumped and purposely pushed Sungmin.

Sungmin’s forehead knocked the net and he fell to the floor by landing on his arm. “Ouch!” He exclaimed in pain. He held his arm and his forehead also started bleeding.

Everyone looked very shocked and the game was stopped by the referee.

“Oh, no!” Tiffany exclaimed in shock.

Taecyeon and Nickhun immediately went to Sungmin to check him out. They knelt beside him. “Are you okay? Sungmin?! Are you okay?”

Sungmin who was in an extreme pain, tried to move. “Ouch! Ouch! M… my arm…” It seemed like he had broken his arm.

Sunny immediately got up and went into the court from the audience place. She looked very worried. “Sungmin, are you okay?! Sungmin!” She asked in worry while cupping his face. “We should bring him to the hospital as soon as possible.”

“Two of you take care of Sungmin for a while. I’ll take the car.” Donghae volunteered and ran to the parking.

Wooyoung and Onew went to Sungmin. Donghae’s car arrived near the court. “Can you get up?” Wooyoung asked Sungmin.

“Y… yes, I think I can…” He tried to move slowly and got up with Onew and Wooyoung’s help. They helped Sungmin by holding onto him walking to the car. Sunny followed them.

“Sunny, where are you going?!” Jessica half shouted.

“I’ll follow them.” Sunny referred to Sungmin, Wooyoung, Onew and Donghae.

“But, I think it… is… just… enough… if…” Jessica paused every words she said since Sunny ignored her.

The game still stopped for a few minutes for Ying Ye high school team to plan their strategy. “They cheated! I can see one of them pushed Sungmin.” Yuri said in dissatisfaction.

“Yes but we can’t do anything about it since there is no proof. Anyways, we won’t play like them.” Nickhun replied.

“What are we going to do now?” Taecyeon asked. “Without Sungmin, everything is…”

Minho cut Taecyeon off. “I can replace him.”

Yuri looked shocked and angry at the same time. She thought she had explained clearly to him that whatever happened, he couldn’t play. “Minho!”

“Yuri, please~” Minho begged while making puppy face. “Our team has been left far behind and now even Sungmin can’t play.”

“But… the doctor said that you can’t play! Your legs…”

“I’m sure I can. Please~” Minho kept begging her.

Yuri sighed. “Alright.” She replied shortly, didn’t show any smile on her face and obviously, she didn’t like the decision that had been made by Minho.

“Ok?” A sparkle could be seen in his eyes. “Thanks!” He exclaimed and gave a hug to Yuri. However, Yuri didn’t give any response to him and looked very angry. He let her go. “Then, I’ll change the cloth.” She just gave a weak nod. He went to changing room.

Taeyeon, Tiffany, Yoona and Jessica got up from the audience place and went to the bench of the player, taking a seat beside Yuri.

“Where is Minho going?” Tiffany asked.

“He is going to play.” Yuri replied with disappointed face.

“What?!” Yoona unconsciously raised her voice since she was too shocked. “You let him play?”

“Of course I won’t… at first. He is too stubborn. He kept begging me to play.”

Not too long after, Minho came back and approached Yuri. “Wish me luck, okay?” He stared at her while smiling.

Yuri folded her arms. “Yes.” She answered coldly without taking a look at him.

“Hey, why did you mad?” Yuri didn’t say anything and just kept her serious face. “Ok, ok. I promise I’ll be fine. Don’t be mad. I won’t win if I play when you don’t pray for me.”

“Yes, yes.” Yuri forced a smile. “Good luck.”

“Just that?” Minho didn’t seem satisfied.

“What do you mean?”

He drew his face closer to Yuri. He poked his cheek, asking Yuri to give a peck on his cheek. Yuri looked around and there were many people around them. “Hurry up!”

Yuri drew her lips closer to Minho’s cheek. However, Minho turned his face. Yuri ended up giving a peck on his lips. She looked quite shocked while he just grinned widely. She hit Minho’s arm while smiling bashfully.

“Aigoo~” Jessica teased them.

“You two give me goose bumps!” Tiffany rubbed both of her arms.

Minho entered the courts. He made high-5 with Nickhun and Taecyeon to give support to each other to do their best. The sound of the whistle signed the game started again. The time left for Ying Ye high school to do a miracle was only 20 minutes with difference of the points were 30.

As expected, with the presence of Minho, Ying Ye high school could play better. Minho kept making the shots and didn’t give any chance to the opponent team to hold the ball for a long time. The cheer from Ying Ye high school’s students were getting louder as the difference of the point getting closer.

“Minho is really the ace of our team.” Tiffany praised while looking at Yuri.

“Yes.” Yuri forced a smile. She was happy that Minho was playing well but at the same time, she couldn’t stop be worried about him.

Minho started to feel pain in his legs but he just ignored it. As time went by, it became more painful. His movement was becoming slower. He even wasn’t aware that a player from the opponent team had taken the ball from him and finally, he made a shot.

Nickhun and Taecyeon sensed there was something wrong as he could take the ball from Minho easily. They walked towards Minho. “Are you okay?” Nickhun asked.

“I’m okay.” Minho nodded.

“Are you sure?” Taecyeon asked.

“Yes.” Minho gave a force smile to hide his pain.

The game started again and whenever Minho tried to run, it became more painful which caused him to stop for a while. He managed to take a ball and ran as fast as he could to make a shot though the pain in his legs was killing him right now.

The difference of the points now was 5 points. ‘I have to bear with it! I have to bear with it!’ Minho kept reminding himself as he ran to the player of the opponent team to take the ball. He managed to make a shot.

Their points were even and now, Minho just had to make one more shot in just a minute to win the game. Taecyeon threw the ball towards Nickhun. Minho followed Nickhun but he couldn’t run properly now as he could felt the extreme pain. He couldn’t hide his pain anymore as his face showed obviously that he was bearing the pain. His face was full with sweat. He still tried to control the pain.

Nickhun threw the ball towards Minho with the time for the match was left only 10 seconds. Minho caught the ball and jumped to throw the ball to the net. Everyone’s eyes were locking on the ball that was thrown by Minho.

“Please let it in… please let it in…” Yuri mumbled while grasping her hands tightly.

“YEAHHH!!!” The silence in the hall was occupied by the cheer of all the students of Ying Ye high school.

The girls shouted excitedly and jumped around. They hugged each other. “Though it’s not my school, I’m still happy!” Tiffany exclaimed while letting out a laugh.

Yuri took a look at Minho. She really was proud at him. However, her smile disappeared from her face when she saw him. “Minho!” she shouted while running to him.

Minho was lying down on the floor, unconscious. Because of Yuri’s shout, everyone was silent, wondering what had happened. Yuri knelt down beside Minho. “Wake up! Minho! Are you okay?! Minho!” There was no response from him. “Please call the ambulance!”

Taeyeon immediately called the ambulance and told their location.

“Minho, please wake up… Minho…” Yuri still shook his body but there was no use.

---------------

Donghae, Onew, Wooyoung and Sunny were in front of Sungmin’s ward. The doctor was checking him, so they couldn’t enter. Just then, the doctor came out.

“Doctor, how is him?” Donghae asked.

“He is fine now. Don’t worry. He broke his arm. So, that will take some time to recover and his forehead has stopped bleeding and we have done the examination. He didn’t have internal injury.” The doctor explained.

“Ok, thank you, doctor.” Onew slightly bowed his body. The doctor walked away.

All of a sudden, Wooyoung’s cell phone rang. “Hello, Taeyeon-ah…”

“How is Sungmin?”

“He’s fine now.”

“Actually, we are at the hospital too. Minho is injured.”

“What?!” He asked in shock. “But, why? He looked fine just now.”

“He replaced Sungmin and I think it concerns his legs.”

“How can that be?! Anyways, how is him?”

“We don’t know yet. He’s still unconscious.”

“Ok, ok. I’ll be there.” Wooyoung ended the call. Sunny, Onew and Donghae looked at Wooyoung with questioned face. Wooyoung told everything to them.

“Then, you guys can go to Minho first. I think his condition is worse than Sungmin. I’ll look after Sungmin.” Sunny suggested.

“Ok. We’ll come back.” Donghae patted Sunny’s arm before walking away with Wooyoung and Onew. After seeing Donghae, Wooyoung and Onew disappeared from her sight, she went into Sungmin’s ward.

She sat on the chair which was located beside Sungmin’s bed. He was still sleeping soundly. She looked at his bandaged arm and the plaster on his forehead. Actually, right now her anger on him was already gone. She did feel regretted for treating him like that before.

She his hair gently. After seeing him injured, she was sure she couldn’t live without him. She knew it was wrong for her to think so but it was out of her control. She stared at his face. She unconsciously smiled as she found him very cute when sleeping.

All of a sudden, Sungmin opened his eyes which shocked Sunny. Her eyes went bigger as she immediately took off her hand from his head. “Ar… are you o… okay? It’s g… great that you are awake now.” She said in stutter.

Sungmin just stared at her. “Can you help me to get up?” He asked.

“Oh?” She looked quite shocked. “Y… yes… sure.” She held his uninjured arm and helped him to sit properly on his bed. She felt very awkward and just kept her stare on the floor while Sungmin stared at her face. She suddenly got up from the chair. “I… I think I should go now. I’ll tell Hara about you. She will take care of you.” She was just about to go.

He slowly got up from his bed and walked closer to Sunny. He grabbed her wrist which stopped her. He pulled her to his chest. He hugged her gently, being careful with his broken arm.

Sunny’s eyes went bigger as she was very shocked. “W… wh… why?” Her heart started pounding.

“I love you.” Sungmin finally confessed to her.

Those words had made Sunny speechless. She couldn’t utter any words to him. It seemed those words had frozen her. She suddenly burst into tears. Of course it was the tears of happiness. She smiled and rested her chin on his shoulder with her tears still flowing to her cheeks.