Chapter 68

The Magicians of Love

Day after day had passed and it felt so quick especially for Tiffany who had only a week in Korea. It was already the last day which meant it was the last day to see Hyunjoong. She was determined to spend the most of the time with him today and did the nice things for him that she was unable to do before.

It was so early in the morning and Tiffany was already in front of Hyunjoong’s house. She pressed the bell and after a moment later, Hyunjoong opened the door.

She could see him with his messy hair and sleepy eyes which obviously seemed like he was just awake from sleep. “Hi!” She greeted him brightly while beaming at him.

“What are you doing here so early?” He asked as he kept yawning.

“Am I early?” She asked as she looked at her wristwatch which shown the time 7 o’clock in the morning. “You’re right~” She added later while grinning. Honestly, she didn’t sleep too well as she was so determined to spend time as she could with him.

Hyunjoong chuckled seeing her reaction. “Anyways, come in.” He moved to let her entering his house.

“Have you eaten?” She asked.

“Of course not…” He yawned again. “… I’m just awake from sleep…”

Seeing his condition, she said, “You should continue sleeping. When you wake up later, the breakfast will be ready.”

“Huh? Are you going to buy the breakfast for me?”

“Of course I’ll prepare it myself!” Tiffany replied proudly.

“Oh? You’ll do it?” Hyunjoong made an expression like Tiffany was going to serve him a poison as a breakfast.

“Yah, you’re too much!” Tiffany hit his arm lightly as she made cute angry face. “There is something I’m good at too! I’m sure you will be shocked later.” She added proudly.

“Yes~ I’m looking forward for it…” He replied with somewhat uneasy smile on how her food would turn out.

“Ok, now, you should sleep in peace!” Tiffany slightly pushed his back asking him to go back to his room.

---

Tiffany had finished preparing the breakfast which she took quite a lot of time. She took a look at the clock that hung on the wall, and it seemed like three hours had passed since she came here. However, he still didn’t come out from his room.

“Is he still sleeping?” She talked to herself, wondering.

She decided to go into his room and wake him up since she thought every second was precious to spend time with him, so she really hoped that today they could do many things together.

She went to upstairs and walked towards his room. She knocked the door for a few times but there was no reply that she decided to just get in without his permission. She chuckled as she saw him was still sleeping soundly on the bed like a baby.

She sat on the side of his bed gently. She stared at his face silently as she wanted to treasure and remember this face that she won’t be able to see again in the future. She caressed his bang softly. She felt so hurt just thinking that she would be separated from him soon and now, she didn’t have a way how to mention this hurtful break-up to him.

As she was thinking this sad matter, he suddenly opened his eyes and wrapped his arms around her waist. He eventually pulled her in which she ended up lying down on his bed, in his embrace.

“Argh~” She shouted as she was very shocked with his sudden unexpected action. She stared at him with her widened eyes. He just replied her with a cute giggle which she ended up chuckling happily. “What is this? Are you already awake when I came into your room?” She pouted her lips, muttering cutely.

“Hm~ I’m just too sleepy to wake up~” He said cutely with his eyes closed as he hugged her tighter like he was going to continue sleeping comfortably with her in his embrace.

“Yah, it’s already late! Are you going to sleep more?” She shook his face gently with both of her hands. “Did you sleep late last night? What did you do?”

“Hm.” He nodded. “I was finishing the work about the company. It is really hard to handle a big company, I wonder if I can do well when I take over later.”

With his mention of the company, she was reminded of the problem that she was encountering right now. She had to break up with him to take over her family’s company in her brother’s place for a few years.

He was aware of her sudden change of expression. “Why?”

“Huh? There is nothing.” She shook her head while forcing a smile. “You must do well for your company, Mr CEO-to-be!”

“That’s why, I’m working hard now.”

She smiled as she added confidently, “I’m sure one day you can be the best CEO of the greatest company!” She patted his cheek gently.

He smiled widely as he felt happy to hear the encouragement from her. “There’s something I want to tell you.”

“Huh? What is it?” She raised her eyebrows in curiosity.

“I love you.” He said sincerely as he caressed her cheek.

She looked moved when he suddenly out of nowhere saying these precious words and with the thought of having to separate with him later just made her feel like crying now. He had made her even harder to let him go when he showed this kind of sincere affection towards her.

“Why?” He asked as she looked quite disturbed and didn’t say anything.

“Nothing.” She forced a smile. She placed her hand on her cheek. “And, please always remember this, I’ll love you for the rest of my life.”

He did feel happy to hear such love confession from her but somehow, he found something strange with the way she expressed it. “Why did you say it like you won’t see me again?”

“Of course not. I just don’t want you to doubt my love for you.”

He smiled widely and pulled her closer into his embrace while wrapping his arms around her tighter. She ended up leaning her head on his chest. Even though they both were very happy for being beside each other right now, their expressions were different. Hyunjoong smiled widely in happiness while Tiffany looked rather sad as she was aware on how their future would turn out.

-------

Tiffany was serving the food on the table as she was waiting for Hyunjoong to get ready. After a few minutes later, Hyunjoong who had finished taking a bath, went downstairs.

“Oh? You have finished?” Tiffany spotted him going down the stairs. “Come, let’s eat breakfast. I’m sure you will be surprised with my cooking skill!” She added confidently.

“It’s really okay for me to eat?” He teasingly asked as he took the chair and sat on it.

“Yah~ you must taste it first before judging.” She opened the cover and showed the food that she had made for him. “Tadaa!”

“Oh? What is this?” He asked in curiosity, obviously he never tasted it before.

“It’s French Toast. Try tasting it.” She smiled confidently. Hyunjoong took a bite of it carefully. “How is it?” Tiffany asked him nervously as he was chewing.

“Unexpectedly… it’s good.” He replied with a satisfied smile on his face.

“There’s something I’m good at!” She exclaimed excitedly. However, Hyunjoong stopped eating after just only a bite. She looked at him in confusion. “Why don’t you continue eating?” Somehow, she felt offended. “Yah! Are you mocking me? You said it’s nice!”

“No, that’s not true.”

“Then?”

“Ah~” He opened his mouth, asking her to feed him.

“What is this?” She chuckled at his childish behavior.

“Hurry up! I’m really hungry!” He muttered cutely. She ended up feeding him and he smiled happily like a little kid. “How nice it would be if I can eat breakfast like this every day.”

“What?”

“It just makes me feel like wanting to get married with you earlier.” He grinned in embarrassment. She looked down again when he mentioned about a future of them which won’t become true. He was aware of her strange reaction to his words. “Why? Don’t you want to marry me?”

She immediately changed her expression. “What are you talking about? It’s too early to talk about that.” She avoided answering his question. She let out a faked chuckle.

Hyunjoong felt slightly uneasy when she didn’t answer his simple question. “Yes, I know… but don’t you ever have a thought of marrying me? I mean, do you only think that we are going to date? So, we aren’t in serious relationship?” This time, he asked seriously as he looked into her eyes while holding onto her hands.

She started to feel nervous when he suddenly was serious about it. Of course, she wanted to marry him but how can she give him a false hope when she was about to ask to break up with him? She tried her best to stay calm. “Why are you thinking so much, Kim Hyunjoong-sshi?” She cupped his face and gave a peck on his lips. She still tried to avoid answering his question.

Hyunjoong eventually smiled widely. However, he couldn’t deny that he noticed something strange about Tiffany’s behavior today. She still didn’t give a direct answer, the answer that he wanted. Nevertheless, he didn’t want to be worried about it anymore, maybe she was right, he just thought too much.

---------

Like they had promised, Tiffany and Hyunjoong went out for a date, or precisely the last date which only Tiffany was aware of. They went to the cinema to watch a movie.

After two hours, the movie ended and they both went out from the cinema. These two came out with different action. Tiffany looked like she really enjoyed the movie but on the other side, Hyunjoong yawned and stretched in satisfaction, obviously he looked like just having a good sleep.

“Is the movie nice?” He asked her.

Tiffany gave him a glare. “Yah, do you even have the right to ask that? This is the second time we watched movie together but you always fell asleep.”

“I’m sorry~” He apologized cutely and he held her hand. “Next time, I promise… really promise, to watch it together with you.” He emphasized the promise that he made to her.

“It would be nice if there is really next time…” She mumbled to herself.

“What? What did you say?” He asked in shock. His reaction obviously wasn’t because he couldn’t hear her words but he was just too shocked of her strange words.

“Nothing…” She kept denying though she knew Hyunjoong heard it clearly.

Hyunjoong stopped walking and he grabbed her arm to make her stop too. “What is the problem actually?” He asked seriously this time with his eyes fixed on her eyes.

“What are you talking about?” Tiffany pretended to not understand what he talked about.

“You keep acting strangely since this morning. You don’t think I know there’s something bothering your minds?”

“Hyunjoong-ah, I’m really okay. There is nothing wrong.” She kept denying, she couldn’t tell him the truth.

“Are you sure? Because… since this morning, I feel very uneasy with your strange behavior.”

Tiffany could see the worry in his eyes. “You are thinking too much.” She forced a bright smile on her face to show that she was really fine.

He finally gave up and just accepted what she said. “Ok, then… I will believe you.” He sighed. “I really hope what you said is exactly what is happening.” He approached her and gave her a tight hug. “I’m sorry for being excessively worried. I’m just afraid that you might leave me. I don’t know how my world would be without you.”

She wrapped her arms around his back and she patted his back to comfort him. She closed her eyes while sighing heavily. She tried her best to hold her heavy tears. It was very painful for her to separate from him and now, knowing that he would be this afraid to be without her, just made it harder for her. She didn’t think she could mention the word of break-up to him.

----------

It was finally the day for Tiffany to leaving. The atmosphere in Soshi Girls’ villa looked quite gloomy for today. The girls looked very sad because one of their best friends would be leaving especially Tiffany was one of the moodmakers in the house.

“You are really going to leave today?” Sunny asked, who was always having the brightest smile on her face, didn’t look energetic like usual.

“Come on, guys! It isn’t like I will be gone forever, ok? I’ll pay a visit sometimes, I promise.” Tiffany tried to cheer them up but as expected, it was useless.

“But… how about Hyunjoong? Have you told him? Will he be okay?” Yoona asked out of concern.

“Ah.” With Yoona’s question, she was reminded of something. She took out something from her bag. The girls looked at Tiffany in curiosity. It was actually a letter and Tiffany gave it to them. “Can you pass it to Hyunjoong?”

The girls looked dumbfounded. “Why didn’t you give it to him yourself?” Taeyeon who took the letter, asked.

“Actually…” Tiffany paused for a while before continuing hesitantly. “I wasn’t able to tell him.”

“What? What do you mean?”

“I couldn’t bring myself to mention break-up to him.” Unconsciously, her tears already fell down to her cheeks. “Even yesterday, when I spent the last time with him, he was already aware of my strange behavior like a person was going to leave. He also said how afraid was him if I was going to leave. Do you think I can tell him everything if he was already acting like that?”

“That’s why, you shouldn’t have chosen to break up with him at the first place.” Yuri said as the decision that Tiffany chose had actually hurt both of them deeply though Tiffany thought it was the best choice to protect Hyunjoong.

 “This is the best choice to protect him. He might be hurt now but in the future, this decision will hurt him the less compared to staying in this relationship.” Tiffany couldn’t control her falling tears and she started sobbing.

Jessica gave a hug to Tiffany as she gave Tiffany a comfort pat on her back. “Aigoo, you silly girl…” The girls could only sigh as they couldn’t help her much when she had to choose one between two things which both were important in her life.