Wootae: Simplicity Means Sincerity in My Eyes

The Magicians of Love

Finally, after being extremely busy with their non-stop schedule, Super Boys and Soshi Girls were given a free day by their company. Of course they would grab this chance to rest as much as they could. It was no difference with Wooyoung who still fell deeply into his dream land world even it would be noon soon.

A small smile appeared on his face. Was he having a really nice dream for him to have such happy face when sleeping? He slowly opened his eyes and unexpectedly, saw Taeyeon was kneeling beside his bed, staring at him lovingly.

He chuckled as he closed his eyes back, thinking that it was an illusion since he saw the same person who appeared in his dream. Was he missing her that much? He opened his eyes again, expecting Taeyeon won’t be there anymore since he thought she wasn’t there at the first place.

However, Taeyeon was still indeed there and it was stranger when she kept the same posture and expression. “Oh!” Wooyoung looked quite shocked this time especially she didn’t move at all and kept a loving stare on him.

He slowly drew his hand to her face to check whether it was really her or her illusion or… the ghost?! He slowly drew his index finger to poke her cheek when she not just suddenly moved, she even bit his finger.

“OUCHHH!!!” He shouted loudly in pain as he was extremely shocked not just because he knew her presence was really the truth as well as shocked of how she bit his finger.

“Yah, Jang Wooyoung! How come you don’t recognize your own girlfriend?! It’s really too much!” She asked him angrily in disappointment.

“Ouch! Taeyeon-ah, it really hurts!” Wooyoung shook his hand to ease the pain. “Then, why don’t you move at all?! I thought you’re an illusion since you appeared in my dream too!”

“Oh, ho!” Taeyeon suddenly looked excited as she got up to sit on his bed near him. “You dreamt of me? That’s why you look so happy during sleeping?” A sparkle could be seen in her eyes. “Aigoo!” She hit his arm gently.

He bit his lips in bashfulness. “Then, what should I do? It’s not me who can control it.”

“What?!” She asked in annoyance as she seemed like she was going to hit him anytime soon.

He laughed as he wrapped his arm around her neck. “I’m just joking, Kim Taeyeon-sshi. But, it’s indeed the truth since it’s really not me who control it because… it happened naturally as you are always on my minds.” He grinned as he looked at her, checking out her reaction with his cheesy words.

“Ah, seriously…” She eventually smiled shyly.

“But, what are you doiinnggg h…heeeeeerrrrrrrreeeee~?” He asked as he yawned, showing he was still sleepy.

She chuckled as she was the one covered his mouth as he yawned. “Aigoo~” She pinched his cheek gently. “Why? Can’t I be here?”

“That doesn’t what I mean. Just… you are the one who sneaked into my room this time.” He referred that he usually sneaked into her room.

Taeyeon smiled. “Actually, I come with a piece of news too.”

“Oh? What is it?”

“Today, we’re going to meet my parents.”

“Ah~ meet your parents…” He nodded a few times before finally getting what she said. “What?!!!” His eyes went bigger.

“Why? Do you have to give that kind of reaction?”

“No, no… Taeyeon-ah, don’t I ask you to wait later, I mean, when I get more stable financially, when I become more successful later? This is really not right.”

“I really don’t understand you. Why meeting with my parents have a connection to you become successful? Don’t tell me… you aren’t taking our relationship seriously?!” She stared at him sternly.

“Of course not!” Wooyoung strongly denied. “Your family owns a company meanwhile my family…”

Taeyeon cut him off angrily. “Yah! Are you going to talk about that again?! I told you, my family won’t care about those stupid status and wealth thing! They just want a nice guy for me, ok?” She touched his chin.

“You might have think like that doesn’t mean you family would have the same exact opinion, right? Isn’t it a must for a chaebol family to look an heir of other company for their child?” Taeyeon just sighed for his stubbornness. “Taeyeon-ah, don’t misunderstand. I really, really want to meet them, want to greet them officially as your boyfriend but… just not now. Please wait a bit, ok?”

“Just do what you want. I already informed them that we are going to see them today.” Taeyeon looked quite upset.

“What?! How can you decide it without asking me first?!” He looked so in disbelief. He knew he got no choice except to attend it since he would look bad in their eyes for being unable to attend and of course it would become much worse.

“Do I have to ask you first?! Of course you would have rejected it, right?!”

“Then, how can you do it when you obviously knew I won’t agree?”

“Until when you want to avoid it? I told you my family doesn’t care about that. Besides, I don’t want them to accept you just because of wealth, status… I want them bless our relationship sincerely because you are a nice guy for me, not because of those thing. Don’t you want the same too?”

“But…” Wooyoung lost words, he couldn’t deny she was right. “I get it…” He nodded a few times while closing his eyes in frustration.

“Yeah, thanks!” She looked so excited. “Don’t worry, my parents are really kind.”

“How I am supposed to know you are telling the truth? They are your parents, of course you would say they are kind.”

“What? You really…” Taeyeon chuckled. “Have you gone insane because you are so nervous?”

He took his cell phone on the desk beside the bed. “I better call someone who can tell me about your parents honestly.” Taeyeon looked curious of the person that Wooyoung was going to call. “Oh, Minho-ah, where are you now? Can you talk?”

Taeyeon chuckled as she found out Wooyoung called her cousin.

“I’m at the school, at the court. I’m having a break now. What is it?”

“I want to ask about Taeyeon’s parents. Are you close to them?”

“Yes, it can be considered so since I often visited them. What’s about that?”

“Are they kind? I meant… are they strict or… are they type of persons who won’t forgive people’s mistake easily? Are they going to look down on people like me? Sorry, sorry…” Wooyoung immediately corrected his words. “I mean, are they kind of care about the status?”

Minho just laughed with a lot of questions given to him. He could even sense Wooyoung’s uneasiness. “Why? Are you going to meet her parents today?”

“Th… that’s right. So, can you give any tips for me?”

“Well, firstly, you have always to remember being extra careful around them. Don’t talk too loud and too much, skip any unnecessary thing since they’ll think you are rude. And, one more! Don’t make any mistake even a small tiny little one, get it? They really want everything to be done in perfection especially you know, something concerning their daughter, of course they will be stricter, isn’t it?”

Minho ended his long advice with playful laugh. It seemed like he was just lying to scare Wooyoung who was already scared. Even Taeyeon who also heard their conversation, couldn’t hold her laughter.

“Yah, Choi Minho!!!!!” Wooyoung yelled angrily. “Are you joking with me right?! Why are you being like that?! Aish, seriously!!!”

Still trying to hold his laughter, he finally replied. “Ok, Wooyoung-ah, I have to go now. My break is ended, I have to continue practicing. Good luck for today!” He ended the call with a teasing laugh.

“Aish, this guy is seriously…”

“How is it?” Taeyeon asked, teasing him. “Are you feeling better now after getting the most honest opinion about my parents?” She laughed, looking him being more frustrated than before.

“Aish, I don’t know!!!” He shouted in frustration as he rolled around on the bed.

However, Taeyeon chuckled as it looked rather cute to her. “Hurry up, you haven’t taken a bath yet. We’re going to be late.” She pulled his arm, trying to force him getting up but there was no use, he purposely put no strength in his body so she bore all the forces of his weight. “Yah, Jang Wooyoung! Are you going to be like this?!”

Wooyoung lifted his head up and looked at Taeyeon. “Then, can you help me with something?”

“What?”

--------

Taeyeon and Wooyoung were in the bathroom. She put the shaving foam on Wooyoung’s face.

“Have you done this before?” Wooyoung asked, referring to the fact of shaving someone’s face.

“Of course nope even my dad too since my mom is there for him.” She chuckled. “This is my first time. But, when did you last shave? It’s quite visible now.” She said in fascination seeing him the first time with a quite visible moustache.

“A few days ago, I don’t have time.”

“Only a few days, it becomes this long?!” She sounded shocked.

He laughed for her innocent reaction. “Of course, I’ve to share every day. How is it? Did I look more ‘man’ like this?”

“No.” She honestly said her opinion. “I like men without it. I think they look tidier and good looking like that.”

“Oh, really? Then, you have to shave my face every day.”

“Of course I have to do for my man.”

Wooyoung looked rather shocked with her mushy words. “Aigoo. Have you been infected by me too, Kim Taeyeon? Good job!” He cupped her face and gave a peck on her lips. His action caused her to get some of the shaving foam on her face.

“Yah, Jang Wooyoung!” She chuckled as she wiped the foam from her face.

“It feels like we’re newlyweds right now…” He suddenly said.

“Oh?” Taeyeon looked into his eyes, somehow feeling embarrassed and strange with that eye-contact.

“Should I propose to you?”

She felt quite annoyed with his direct question. “Yah, why are you asking me about that? You have no sense at all!”

Somehow, Wooyoung looked confused of her reaction. Would she accept it or it was still too fast to propose? He wondered about that.

She took the razor which distracted his attention about the proposal. “Hang on!” He looked quite surprised with her quick movement with the razor in her hand. “Please be careful, I don’t want my face to bleed.”

“Yes, I get it~” She placed one of her hands on his shoulder as she gently tried to shave for the first time. “Wow~” Being amazed with one movement from the razor could do to his face. “Did I do right?”

“Not bad for the first-timer.” His simple compliment made her excited and she continued. As she was shaving his face, he could do nothing except staring at her. Every time she focused on doing something, she looked extremely beautiful on that moment in his eyes. “Taeyeon-ah…” He called out as he stared her lovingly.

“Hm?” She replied, still giving her full attention so that she won’t be careless.

“You are so pretty.” He grinned afterwards.

She bit her lips to hide her smile but it was so obvious. “Do you want to die?” She asked calmly.

“Why? Did I say something wrong?” He chuckled.

“You will distract my attention with your compliment.”

“Yes, yes, I get it… I’ll keep my mouth silent. Instead, I’ll do this.” He wrapped his arms around her waist which shortened the distance between them.

She was quite taken aback but looked so happy later. She cautiously continued shaving.

----------

Taeyeon was already outside the villa, kept glancing at the door of Super Boys’ villa, hoping to see Wooyoung came out soon. She suddenly laughed alone. How absurd was the situation right now since their role was reversed. As girls, she would take more time to get prepare more than he was supposed to.

Soon after, Wooyoung finally approached her, running. He looked quite strange and pale maybe out of nervousness.

“Wooyoung-ah, I have been waiting long! What were you doing actually?!” She looked from his feet to head finding what was the possible reason since his cloth seemed would take a short time to get ready.

He asked her nervously. “Did I look ok?”

“Are you worried about that until you look quite ill and pale? Aigoo~ you look so good-looking, ok? I’m not just comforting you but I’m telling the truth. So, can you stop being worried and more relaxed?”

“It’s easy for you to say that since you aren’t in my position. You are already close to my family. You don’t know how nervous I am right now, much more nervous than what I felt during my audition.”

“Oh, is it that bad?” She laughed as he looked so cute.

“Yah, how can you laugh?” He felt annoyed when she looked so relaxed and at ease.

“Then, whose fault is it? You are the one who didn’t want to meet my parents earlier even we have dated for long? Even today, you still asked to delay right?”

He was speechless. As expected, he couldn’t win over her.

--------

In the car, Wooyoung was driving silently and the uneasy expression never left his face even for a moment. Taeyeon took a few glances at him and smiled alone.

Then, she suddenly hit his arm which unexpectedly shocked him who was lost into his thought. “Oh, what the…?!”

She laughed happily. “Are you really~ that nervous?” She really didn’t know it was that worse.

“I told you, it’s much worse than my audition!”

“Aigoo, just be relaxed, won’t you?”

“A thought suddenly came into my minds. What if… what if, your family doesn’t accept me? Would you break up with me?”

“Honestly, I never thought about that.”

“Then, think it right now.”

“Well… I think I have to.”

“To what?” His heart suddenly beat faster.

“Break up.”

“What?!” Wooyoung’s eyes went bigger.

“Then, what I’m supposed to do since my family asked me?” She just purposely pretended, teasing him.

“Are you serious?!”

“Of course I won’t, silly!” She finally told the truth since he looked so anxious and lost. “I’m just joking around, you know?”

“Yah, is this the time for joking around?!” He got upset.

“Then, why don’t you loosen up a bit? Even it was suffocating for me to see you being this nervous.”

“Ah, seriously…” He muttered angrily like a little kid.

--------

Taeyeon and Wooyoung were standing in front Taeyeon’s family’s villa. He was looking at the gigantic and beautiful villa in amazement. As far as he knew Taeyeon, she just looked a normal girl to him, a girl that he could approach comfortably. However, seeing this made him realized that she indeed came from chaebol family.

She pressed the bell. “Auntie, it’s me.” She said to the maid before the gate was opened. She turned to him. “Let’s get in.” She saw him observing the villa. “What are you doing?”

“Wow, it’s really no joke! You are really rich…”

She chuckled. “Come on, let’s go!” She linked arm with him, pulling him into the villa.

As they were walking into villa, he asked, “Who will be here?”

“My mom and dad of course… ah, yes! Haeyeon is here too! You would feel much better and comfortable by her presence, isn’t it?”

“That’s great.” He had met Haeyeon, Taeyeon’s dongsaeng a few times and they had gotten quite close especially she really approved him as her sister’s boyfriend. “Your oppa?”

“He’s not here. He’s serving military right now.”

As they were talking comfortably to each other, suddenly they heard an old man’s voice called out for Taeyeon. “Taeyeon-ah!”

They turned around. “Dad!!” Taeyeon looked so happy and ran to give him a tight warm hug. Meanwhile, Wooyoung froze like an ice suddenly. “Dad, I miss you so much!”

Wooyoung nervously took a few slow steps towards them. His heart just pounded like crazy.

“Oh, did my daughter become smaller? Why do I feel you don’t grow at all?” Her father joked.

Taeyeon pouted her lips. “Dad, how can you say that to you own daughter?!” Then, they both laughed happily. Wooyoung observed them silently as he felt like her father gave a good impression based on how he interacted with Taeyeon. He really hoped what Minho said about them was completely wrong.

Then, her father’s eyes turned towards him. Wooyoung did look quite shocked before quickly greeting politely 90°. “Hello, uncle! My name is Jang Wooyoung, nice to meet you.”

“You’re so impolite.” Her father said coldly which shocked both of them.

Wooyoung looked so anxious as he took a glance at Taeyeon like he was asking for help. He wondered what was his mistake and how could he committed it as soon as they met.

“Dad, why are you being like this?” Even Taeyeon looked unsatisfied too as she absolutely disagreed with her father.

“You sure took a long time to see me despite being in a relationship with her for long.”

“I… actually, I…” Wooyoung kept stuttering to explain.

Then, her father let out a warm laugh which once more surprised Taeyeon and Wooyoung. “I’m just kidding of course, do you have to be that scared? I understand, you must be busy, isn’t it? Even I rarely see my daughter. And, we are busy too with the company’s affairs.” He added referring to himself and Taeyeon’s mother.

“Ah, dad! You really scared me!” Taeyeon muttered cutely before she chuckled out of relief. She won’t get the opposition from her family as soon as this, won’t she? “You don’t have to joke around scarily like this. You know, even from the start, he was already scared so much to see you and mom.” She said honestly.

“Eh, Taeyeon-ah!” He whispered to her as he frowned.

“Is that right? You are scared of us?” Her father asked directly.

“Oh? N… no… no…” He shook his head vigorously. “That’s not the case. I’m just nervous and worried a bit, that’s all.” He explained with a stiff smile on his face. She chuckled since his reaction actually was worse than what he explained.

Her father suddenly touched and gently pinched Wooyoung’s arm. Wooyoung looked so shocked but just stayed still. “Oh, so strong!” He showed a thumb-up to Wooyoung. “I don’t have to be worried about that.”

Hearing her father’s compliment made Wooyoung felt he was indeed a good and fun person not like he expected him to be and of course completely opposite to what Minho described him. He was so relieved.

Taeyeon added excitedly. “Of course! His body is no joke!” She even showed a thumb-up. Her words shocked both her father and Wooyoung. She just realized it and immediately corrected. “I… I meant… he likes to work out. So…” Her cheeks turned red out of embarrassment.

“Why did you explain? Dad doesn’t say anything.” Her father who already looked so red and nervous.

“Just… I didn’t want dad to misunderstand!” She unconsciously raised her voice slightly. Wooyoung seemed embarrassed too.

“Ok, ok. I got you, my daughter.”

“Huh? Dad, what that was supposed to mean?!” Taeyeon still couldn’t stay calm with her father’s confusing words. She thought her dad was still teasing her. “Dad!” She stomped her legs cutely.

Wooyoung looked so happy that how Taeyeon interacted with her family wasn’t like he always saw in the drama.

“Where is mom… Haeyeon too?” Taeyeon asked her father.

“They’re in the kitchen. They are busy helping the maids to prepare for lunch.”

“Really? Then, I’ll go help them.” Taeyeon looked at Wooyoung briefly and gave a short nod, asking to leave him alone with her father. Wooyoung looked quite surprised as he froze with this unexpected situation.

“Have a seat.” Her father asked before both of them took seat on the sofa.

Meanwhile, in the kitchen, it was quite messy and chaotic with Taeyeon’s mother kept asking the maids to finish up everything quickly as Haeyeon helped to serve the food on the dining table.

Taeyeon came slowly and quietly behind before surprising her mother with a backhug. “Mom!!”

“Oh, Taeyeon-ah!” She got quite taken aback. She wasn’t aware at all of the presence of her daughter. “You have come?! What should we do?!” She looked rather panic this time. Wooyoung and Taeyeon came earlier than expected.

“Mom, it’s okay. Take your time. He is conversing with dad now.” Taeyeon could see that her mother looked nervous too. “Mom, are you okay? Are you nervous to see my boyfriend?”

“Of course! I haven’t met anymore before. What if I make mistake?”

Taeyeon chuckled as both of Wooyoung and her mother were nervous to see each other. “Mom, you don’t have to be worried. Just think of him like your own son. That’s all.” This was the first time her child brought someone home, so it was fascinating and nervous at the same time.

Haeyeon realized the appearance of Taeyeon and she ran excitedly towards her. “Unnie, I miss you so much!!”

“Oh, Haeyeon-ah!” Taeyeon gave her a hug. “Have you been well? Unnie miss you so much too!”

“Wooyoung oppa is here?”

“Yes, he’s with dad now.”

“I want to see him!” Haeyeon went out from the kitchen.

“Does Haeyeon know him?” Her mother asked.

“Yes, I brought her to meet him a few times. In fact, they have become quite close.” Taeyeon replied with a smile.

Meanwhile, in the living room… Taeyeon’s father asked. “How long have you known Taeyeon?”

“I met her during the middle school since we were classmates. Then, we become close during training together to be idols. I think it has been more than 5 years. We started dating 2 years ago.”

Her father suddenly asked a question. “Are you dating her seriously? I meant, do you have intention to marry her?”

“Of course!” Wooyoung responded firmly to show he really meant it. “That’s why I’m here. My only concern now is to get father and mother’s blessing. I’m so worried since Taeyeon and I come from different family’s background.”

Their serious conversation got interrupted by Haeyeon. “Wooyoung oppa!” She greeted brightly as she sat beside him.

“Haeyeon-ah, have you been well?” He patted her head warmly like a real brother.

“Haeyeon-ah, are you close to him?” Her father asked, not expecting to see that kind of interaction between them.

“Yes, dad. Unnie brought me to see him a few times.”

“So, you must know him quite well.”

“Why? Dad wants to know something about him? Well…” She took a glance at Wooyoung with a mischievous smile on her face before continuing. “…I can share some things.”

Wooyoung looked at Haeyeon while slightly widening his eyes. He felt uneasy.

“Yes, sure. Tell me everything you know.”

“Dad, he easily got jealous.”

“Is that true?” Her father asked, turning towards Wooyoung.

“H… ha… hang on…” Wooyoung stuttered, trying to explain and he got interrupted by Haeyeon.

“Especially with Junsu oppa.”

“Junsu oppa?”

“Yes, Junsu oppa, the member of DBSK.” Her father nodded. “He is fond of unnie too. So, Wooyoung oppa especially very sensitive concerning to him.”

Wooyoung immediately covered Haeyeon’s mouth with his hand. “What are you doing?!” He frowned. Haeyeon struggled to escape herself from Wooyoung’s hold.

Her father chuckled. “Let us hear what she has to say.”

“Oh?” Wooyoung looked at her father before he let Haeyeon, leaving with no choice.

“Let me finish!” Haeyeon said to Wooyoung who looked so uneasy. “I just want to say that, he really loves unnie so much. So, dad doesn’t have to be worried about unnie, ok?”

Wooyoung finally smiled that Haeyeon praised him, unlike what he expected of. Her father just smiled in please. “Brat~, you are scaring me!” He wrapped his arm around Haeyeon’s neck and her hair playfully.

“Ah, oppa! It hurts!” Haeyeon shouted while laughing.

It was a pleasant atmosphere for Taeyeon’s father to see this kind of warm interaction between Taeyeon’s boyfriend and her sister. He could see that he was really a nice guy as he already won Haeyeon’s heart.

Taeyeon went into the living room to inform about their lunch. “Food is ready!” Then, she was aware of Haeyeon and Wooyoung playing around. She chuckled as she said, “What are you guys doing?”

Hearing Taeyeon’s voice, Wooyoung lifted his head up. Then, he also spotted Taeyeon’s mother beside her. He immediately let go of Haeyeon and stood up abruptly. “Hello, auntie!” He greeted politely while bowing his body 90°.

“Mom, this is my boyfriend. Jang Wooyoung.” Taeyeon introduced proudly.

“Welcome to our house!” Her mother replied brightly and gave him a warm welcome hug. “I’m sorry for keeping you waiting. It’s a bit messy in the kitchen, it took longer than expected.”

“No, no, I don’t mind at all. I had so much fun with father and Haeyeon.”

“Then, let’s eat now. I’m starving!” Her father joked around as he patted his belly.

Everyone laughed happily before proceeding into the dining room. All of them took their seat with the arrangement of Taeyeon and Wooyoung sitting beside each other, facing Haeyeon and their mother as father sat at the head of the table.

Seeing Wooyoung took a bite, her mother asked, “How is it? Does it fit your taste?” She looked a bit nervous.

“Yes, it’s really delicious. It reminded me of my mother’s cooking.” His compliment put a relieved smile of her face.

After finishing their meal, they had the dessert while having a light conversation. Taeyeon asked, “Mom, how is him? Do you like him for me?”

Her mother responded with a smile. “I can see that he’s really a nice guy.”

Her father asked about his background. “What about your family members?”

“I have mom and dad too and… an older sister.”

“What do your parents do?”

“We have a moderate size of farm and my parents are working on it. They personally do everything from planting, growing and selling with the help of a few workers and a small factory.”

“Oh, is that true? Wow, we can get free fresh vegetables from them!” Her mother added excitedly.

However, that somehow made Wooyoung felt so uneasy and guilty. “Actually, my family is not that rich. We are just living comfortably.”

Taeyeon stopped eating and took a glance at him. She realized his changed expression. “Mom, dad, since we are on this topic, I want to ask something.” Her parents paid attention since she was so serious. “Is it really okay for me to date him? I mean… do you approve of our relationship? Not just our current relationship also including the future too, it’s really okay as I choose him as my possible future husband?”

Wooyoung looked quite shocked when Taeyeon asked so direct and straightforward to her parents especially in front of him.

“Wow, unnie! You are so straightforward even mentioning marriage!” Haeyeon clapped her hands excitedly.

“Mom, dad, you know, he has been so humble when it comes to the different status of our family. He always thought that he doesn’t deserve me. It has been bothering him so much even he still doesn’t stop worrying about that as he’s dating me. That’s why, I want to ask mom and dad’s opinion, so that he won’t be wondering about that anymore.”

“Honestly, we don’t mind at all about that. All I want is a nice guy for you.” Her mother replied.

Then, her father added, “And, a strong guy that can protect you. That’s all. Since you fulfill these two conditions, I don’t see a reason to not accept you as Taeyeon’s boyfriend.”

“See, you can stop being worried about that already!” Taeyeon said proudly to Wooyoung for having that kind of parents.

“Mother, father, is that true? You really accept me even I don’t come from wealthy family?!” Wooyoung looked so happy at the same, still in disbelief. “I thought… you would have found an heir for Taeyeon since a chaebol family would have done that.”

Her father explained, “That’s not important for us as long as our daughter is happy. Besides, if I want really a chaebol in-law, Haeyeon is here too, she can marry to the heir that we are going to find.”

Haeyeon looked so shocked. “Dad, why me?!!” She was so unsatisfied as others were laughing to see her reaction. “Dad, why are you involving me along in this?!! It’s not fair! I want to get married to the guy that I choose too!”

Taeyeon added, further teasing Haeyeon. “Why are giving such intense reaction? Have you got yourself a boyfriend?”

“Oh?” Haeyeon’s expression changed with her question. “Unnie, w…wha… what… are you talking about?!” She stuttered.

Their mother added, “Did you get caught red-handed?”

“Mom!! You too! How can everyone do this to me?!” Haeyeon muttered angrily as suddenly she was the one being targeted for teasing without doing anything wrong. Everyone just laughed seeing her reaction.

--------

Taeyeon and Wooyoung was in the car, on the way back to their villa. Wooyoung especially looked so much better and relaxed after the meeting with Taeyeon’s family ended.

“How was it, Jang Wooyoung-sshi? Are my parents that scary like how my naughty cousin described?” Taeyeon asked playfully. Wooyoung didn’t say anything, only a wide smile on his face explained everything.

“Didn’t I do a good job today?” He asked proudly like a child asking for a compliment from his mother.

“What?” She turned to him.

“Well…” He looked quite frustrated when she was clueless what he meant. “Today… how I behave, act… didn’t I do it good?”

“Ceh~” She chuckled.

“Don’t you think I should be rewarded?”

“What do you want?”

He pressed the brake gently when arriving at the traffic light that turned red. He changed the gear from D to N. “Here…” He pointed to his cheek, asking a kiss. She smiled. He closed his eyes happily, waiting for her kiss.

She pulled the seat belt to enable her to move closer to him. She cupped his face. “Since you do really superb job today, I’ll give extra!” She kissed both of his cheeks and ended it with a longer peck on his lips.

He looked quite shocked at first but laughed happily later like he just lost his minds.

“What are you doing?!” She laughed along while hitting his shoulder gently due to his funny reaction.

After 15 minutes journey, they finally arrived in the neighborhood. Wooyoung stopped the car in front of Soshi Girls’ villa to drop Taeyeon.

She unfastened her seat belt. “Are you going somewhere?”

“Well…” He was hesitant to tell her.

Before he could continue, she cut him off as she got out from the car. “It’s okay. You don’t have to tell me.” She slightly bowed her body to match their face level.

“Just…”

“Why? You want to see other girl’s family? Since you are done with mine now.” She pouted her lips and looked quite angry.

He chuckled. “Kim Taeyeon, are you jealous now? What kind of absurd situation you just imagined?” He was in disbelief of her thought.

“What?!” She asked in annoyance. “Do you think you are the only one can get jealous easily?! Me too!” She turned around, was about to go as after she said, “Hmph, whatever!”

“Hang on!” He stopped her. She turned around lazily and approached him back. “See you at the backyard of our villa tonight, at 9PM.”

“Why?”

He frowned. “What do you mean ‘why’? Let’s just meet there.”

“To meet, there must be a reason, isn’t it?” She still looked quite pissed off since he didn’t bother to explain where he would go.

“Do I need to have a reason to meet my girlfriend?”

“I get it.” She replied lazily while slightly swung her body.

“Make sure you come! Otherwise, I would get angry.” He warned her.

“Aish, seriously, what’s so important…” He frowned again while made her quickly agreed, “Yes~ I promise.”

He smiled. “Ok, see you tonight.” He drove away after waving his hand.

She stayed silent there until he disappeared from the sight. She was thinking about something. “Is he going to propose to me?!” She talked to herself before squealing at her guess. Her wide smile disappeared as soon as it appeared. “No… can’t be… we just met my parents… this soon, it’s just impossible…” She shook her head.

She turned around and started to walk towards the villa. Nevertheless, the thought of his possible proposal still didn’t leave her mind. He also acted suspicious which somehow made she thought there was a high possibility.

“He didn’t even tell me where he’s going… is it really true?” Her smile appeared again unconsciously. “No, no… I should pretend to be clueless. Otherwise, he would just get disappointed.” Her smile disappeared again. “No, no. I’m the one who has to calm down. Don’t get excited for it!” She scolded herself since she didn’t want to get disappointed later for hoping something that didn’t happen.

---------

As promised, Taeyeon went to the backyard when it was almost 9PM. She couldn’t help but went with the hopeful and nervous heart despite having told herself that don’t expect anything for not being disappointed later.

As she was already near the backyard, she realized the surrounding was brighter than usual. Then, she spotted the source of light which was decorated around, answered her question.

As she came closer, her eyes slightly widened. She could see a table with 2 chairs was decorated nicely with covered plates. Her heart suddenly pounded. Was he really going to propose? She couldn’t help but unconsciously got more excited.

Later, she finally realized Wooyoung’s presence. He sat on the bench and she also spotted a guitar beside him. She could already expect everything.

“You are late, Kim Taeyeon!” Wooyoung muttered cutely but he looked happy. Taeyeon kept her promise.

“Late?!” She asked in disbelief.

“It’s 9:05 PM now.” He said calmly after taking a look at his watch.

She looked pissed off. “Yah, I come here before 9PM. I was just being amazed at everything that you have prepared. So, it’s your fault!”

He chuckled. “I’m just kidding.” He got up and took her hand. “Let’s eat first. I’m starving.” He pulled her to the table that he prepared.

He pulled her chair to enable her to seat before taking a seat by himself. He opened the cover of the plate. “Enjoy! I cook it by myself.”

“Spaghetti!” She exclaimed. It looked so mouth-watering. “You did it by yourself?” She gave him suspicious look.

“Of course!” He emphasized. “How can you be suspicious of me?” He was shocked. “I swear!” He lifted up his hand.

“I get it~” She smiled happily. “Then, let’s me judge it.” She took a spoon and had a bite. He looked at her with hopeful heart, anticipating her good comment. He observed her expression first. She finally smiled. “It’s not bad.”

He asked happily. “Really?” She nodded before taking another bite. “Wow, I can be considered a good cook despite it was my first time.” He stared at her enjoying his food a while with a wide smile stuck on his face before he ate along.

“Then, you should be responsible for cooking when we get married later.” Taeyeon said, teasing him.

“Wel…” He was speechless. “… I think no matter what, women should cook instead of men since they are better.” He used lame excuse to avoid.

She just let out a laugh. They both were just silent enjoying the food. Somehow, the atmosphere was quite awkward. Then, Taeyeon broke, “What is this all about?”

“What?” He pretended to be clueless as he smiled shyly while biting his lips. He played with the food using the spoon, couldn’t lift his head up, avoiding eye-contact.

“Well… all of these… you prepare a lot of things…” She explained while looking at surrounding. She was touched of his efforts. They had been tired due to the hectic schedule lately, now when they had free time, he spent it doing these things for her.

“It’s a basic, isn’t … for a guy to do this for his girl?” He smiled before adding. “I’m just worried since a princess like you, the one who comes from chaebol family… must be treated nicely, right?” She cringed at his mushy words. “Besides, I must do this so that other princes can’t take you away from me.”

She let out of her ahjumma laugh. “Oh, it is like that, Prince Wooyoung?”

“Yes, Princess Taeyeon~” He added cutely which they both laughed.

After eating, Wooyoung took Taeyeon’s hand and he pulled her to sit on the bench after he took the guitar and held it.

“What is your next event?” She asked, anticipating his singing since he brought along the guitar.

“To think about it, I never serenade to you.”

Taeyeon showed her serious face. “That’s right, you only did that to you fan-girls.”

He laughed happily due to her cute jealousy. “That’s why I ask you to choose any song that you want me to sing. Here, I’m ready.” He pulled up his sleeve.

“Hm…” She was thinking before a few seconds later, she said the title song out. “To my bride.”

“Oh, that song? Alright, no problem!” He replied confidently. He was about to play before he stopped by himself. “Hang on…” He looked at Taeyeon. She raised her eyebrows. “Is there any reason why you choose it?”

“Well… I just want to hear it.”

“You… don’t tell me… you are already aware that I’m going to propose to you?!” She couldn’t stop smiling from ear to ear after confirming her hope won’t stay as hope since it indeed would become true soon. Plus, at the same time, she found how funny when he thought she tried to make fun of him. Seeing her smile made him more annoyed. “Kim Taeyeon, it’s really funny now?! How can you make fun of me?!”

“Aigoo~” She hit his chest gently. “Who’s the one making fun of you? I just want to hear that song. There’s no any specific reason behind it.” She explained.

“You’re really not lying?” He was suspicious of her especially with her reaction.

“Yes. Anyways, I didn’t deny that I did have a thought that you might propose to me.” He looked unsatisfied again with his frown on the face. “Yah, who won’t think about proposal when you did special events like this? Of course… it came across my minds.”

“Ah, seriously…” He looked disappointed.

She laughed of his childish reaction. “Come on, I want to hear your voice. Hurry up!” She swung her legs cutely.

“Aish, really… why everything doesn’t go in plan?” He muttered cutely before finally singing the request song while playing the guitar for Taeyeon.

She really enjoyed the song and clapped her hands excitedly when he had done singing. “Wow, my boyfriend looks so handsome not only when he dances, it’s the same too when he sings!” She made a lot of efforts in complimenting him to comfort him as he was still disappointed when she knew earlier about the proposal. “Then, the last event for today!”

He pouted his lips. “You are already aware of it. What is there to look forward for?”

“What are you talking about? How I am supposed to know what your plan is?” She pretended to be clueless to make him feel better. “Hurry up! I want to know your last event!”

He smiled, appreciating her intention. He took out a small box from the pocket. He opened it and took out a shiny ring inside it.

Even he didn’t ask her yet, she immediately shouted excitedly, “Yes, I will!!”

He looked surprised and confused. “I didn’t even say anything yet.”

“It doesn’t matter, I just want you to know that I want to marry you.” She gave her hand to him. He smiled widely before quickly putting on the ring on her finger. She smiled brightly while observing the ring.

“Taeyeon-ah…” She lifted her head up. “I’m sorry?”

“For what?”

“It’s just a simple proposal. I can’t prepare a grand proposal for you like how every girl dreams of.”

She gave him a stern glare. Later, she grabbed his collar and pulled him closer for a kiss. Wooyoung was taken aback at first with her aggressive initiation than usual. Then, he closed his eyes and kissed her back while wrapping his arms around her waist.