Chapter 63

The Magicians of Love

It was already late in night but Tiffany still didn’t get home which caused the girls felt a bit worried especially when her feelings was quite miserable. Taeyeon and Sunny were waiting for Tiffany in the living room while checking any news on the television.

Sunny took a look at clock on the wall. “Don’t you think she will spend tonight at her apartment with Mike?” She asked while yawning. She looked already sleepy.

“What did you say?!” Taeyeon asked in shock while widening her eyes.

Sunny looked quite dumbfounded with Taeyeon’s unexpected reaction of her question at first. Since she was quite sleepy, it took quite some times for her to understand how Taeyeon was thinking. “Eh~ I’m not talking about that ‘kind of thing’… I just said maybe she decided to sleep there, of course in different rooms.”

“But… I don’t think she will do that… her mind is very bothered about her and Hyunjoong’s thing. So, I think she thought it would be better to stay away from Mike, right? Besides, she must inform us or something if she decides to stay there.”

“Then, have you called her?”

“I have tried so many times but she turned off her cell phone and I think it must be to avoid Hyunjoong’s call. We don’t have other choice besides waiting.”

“Ahhh~” Sunny yawned before leaning against Taeyeon. “I’m so sleepy. What should I do to stay awake?”

Suddenly, there was an extremely loud sound produced in the villa which sounded like a small bomb just exploded. “ARGHH!!!” Both of Sunny and Taeyeon shouted.

“What was that?” Taeyeon asked while giving a glance at Sunny who looked so shocked.

“Th… that’s really woken me up completely!” Sunny said as her eyes were widened.

Since the sound was too loud, it had shocked everyone in the villa. Yuri and Yoona even came out from their room. “What was that?” Yuri asked.

“It’s really loud. It just sounded like a bomb.” Yoona added in scare as she held onto Yuri’s shoulders.

“I think it came from your room.” Taeyeon said to Sunny.

“Tae… Taeyeon-ah, what are you talking about? Don’t scare me!” Sunny replied while hitting Taeyeon’s shoulder gently.

“Taeyeon’s right, I have the same thought.” Yuri agreed with Taeyeon. “I think we should check it.”

“Why are guys doing this to me?!” Sunny whined like a little kid who scared of ghost. “I’m really scared!”

“Then, do you think we aren’t scared? Let’s just check it first, it won’t solve the problem to stay here.” Taeyeon got up and pulled Sunny along with her.

“Ho… hold on!” Sunny blurted out that Taeyeon paid attention towards her, wondering what she wanted to do. Sunny headed into the kitchen and came back later with a broomstick. Taeyeon looked at her with dumbfounded expression. “We should prepare to protect ourselves at least.”

Taeyeon and Sunny slowly walked towards Sunny’s room while Yuri and Yoona following slowly behind them. They finally arrived in front of Sunny’s room. Sunny looked so hesitant to open the door.

“What are you doing? Hurry up.” Taeyeon asked Sunny to open the door quickly.

“If you are so brave, why don’t you open it? I’m so scared!”

“I’m scared too!” Taeyeon replied while stomping on of her legs cutely.

“You guys are really…” Yuri sighed and she was the one that opened the door.

Yoona looked quite shocked. “Oh, aren’t you scared?” She asked Yuri.

“Honestly, I’m scared too.” Yuri replied while giving an awkward grin to Yoona.

Sunny entered the room while holding tightly onto Taeyeon’s hand, dragging her along into her room. However, she didn’t switch on the light which both of them walked in darkness. They kept bumping into something.

“Ouch! Yah, why aren’t you switching on the light?” Taeyeon asked.

Sunny replied. “I’m so scared of what we are going to see.”

“Yah! I’m more scared to walk in darkness without seeing anything!” Taeyeon finally switched on the light and now, they could see what exactly happened in the room.

Yuri and Yoona were waiting anxiously for what Sunny and Taeyeon were going to find in the room. “Have you guys found something?!” Yuri asked loudly in order to let Taeyeon and Sunny to hear her question.

However, before she could repeat her question louder, Taeyeon and Sunny went out from the room. “What happened? What happened?!” Yoona asked eagerly.

Sunny smiled awkwardly while Taeyeon looked quite annoyed. “You guys know what, we found her milk in her room.”

“What? Milk?!” Yuri and Yoona looked so confused.

“Yes, that milk which she didn’t finish drinking three months ago has exploded!”

“WHAT?!” Yoona and Yuri asked in disbelief. Sunny just smiled as she didn’t have any explanation to tell them about her embarrassing action.

“Sunny-ah, how can you did that?” Yuri asked while laughing.

“But, it really produced a loud sound!” Yoona exclaimed as she was amazed at how a milk exploded sounded just like a bomb.

“But, still… a sound of bomb couldn’t make our Sicabe awake from sleep.” Taeyeon added while laughing.

“Oh?! You are right!” As they were too scared and focused on the thing that had exploded, they had forget that Jessica was not with them.

Suddenly, Yoona could feel something touched her shoulder that caused her to shout as she was too shocked and the incident with Sunny’s milk really caused her to get scared easily. “ARGH!” They turned around and saw Jessica. “Oh, Sica! You really shocked me!”

“What are you guys doing here?” Jessica asked as she looked very sleepy. She couldn’t even open her eyes completely.

“You didn’t hear any sound before?” Yoona asked in confusion.

“No…” Jessica shook her head while closing her eyes which showed how sleepy she was.

“Then, why did you wake up?” Taeyeon asked.

“I just feel quite thirsty.” Jessica replied still with her eyes closed.

“Aigoo!” They all laughed because of Jessica’s unique behaviour when she started to sleep. There was nothing to disturb her time when sleeping.

“It’s okay. Just go back to your bed.” Yuri turned Jessica around and pushed her back gently, heading to Jessica’s room like she was operating a robot. Jessica didn’t protest and didn’t even be curious of what they were talking about, she just let Yuri pushed her.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang which stole the girls’ attention from Jessica. “Is that Fany?” Sunny asked.

“But why she pressed the bell when she has the key too?” Yoona spoke out her confusion.

“That’s right.” Taeyeon agreed with Yoona. “Who would come this late?” She talked while walking towards the door to see who it was.

Taeyeon opened the door while Yuri, Yoona and Sunny stood behind her staring attentively the person behind the door. “Oh, Hyunjoong?!” Taeyeon said in shock due to unexpected guest.

However, what made them more shocked was that he also was giving a piggyback to someone. They checked it out and it was Tiffany. “Oh, what happened to her?!” Yuri asked in worry seeing how Tiffany was on Hyunjoong’s back and she even lost her consciousness.

“Don’t worry, she is just asleep.” He calmed them down who looked so worried. The girls looked relieved and smiled later. Seeing the girls didn’t even move at all to give him space to walk into the villa, he added, “So, can I pass through? I’m quite tired.” He gave an awkward smile.

It seemed the girls had forgotten about that. “Ah, yes, yes… sorry, come in.” they immediately gave a space to let him bring Tiffany to her room. Taeyeon helped to open the door for her and he walked in to put her on the bed. He pulled the blanket and covered her body with it.

“Thank you for sending her home.” Taeyeon said to Hyunjoong.

“No problem.” He smiled to her.

“But, how can you be with her? Do you really find her? Then, have you guys made it clear? I meant, have you managed to persuade her?” Taeyeon asked a lot of questions to Hyunjoong as she was too excited.

“Well…” Taeyeon could sense there was something wrong from his expression. “I think it’s better if we talk outside.”

“Oh? Ok.” Both of them walked out from Tiffany’s room and Taeyeon closed the door. They went into the living room where Sunny, Yuri and Yoona were at, waiting for any good news.

“So, what are you going to talk about?” Taeyeon started their discussion.

“Why? I thought we are going to receive a good news.” Sunny felt quite strange seeing Taeyeon’s expression somehow was serious like she already knew that Hyunjoong weren’t going to tell what they wanted to hear.

“Actually, Mike was trying to Tiffany.”

“WHAT?!!!” The girls asked unison as they were too shocked and they didn’t seem to believe what they just heard.

“Hold on…” Hyunjoong tried to calm them down first seeing how panicked were them. “I’m not really sure what happened but when I saw them, Mike was trying to kiss her forcefully and I clearly saw that she was trying to push him away. I got really mad that I almost beat him to death if not that she defended him by saying that he was drunk.”

“But, although he was drunk, it was still too much! How can he do that?!” the girls looked really mad at Mike for hurting Tiffany.

“Anyways, you guys should talk properly with her tomorrow. Tonight, it will be better if we just let her to rest. One more thing, I think it’s better if you guys don’t ask anything to her yet until she was the one who was willing to share it, okay?”

“Alright.” The girls seemed agreed with Hyunjoong’s suggestion.

--------

The next morning, the girls just spent time in the living room. They were waiting for Tiffany. Like they had agreed with Hyunjoong last night, they won’t bother her until she came out from her room by herself.

The bell rang and Sunny went up to open the door. “What are you doing here again?!” Sunny asked angrily.

The girls looked quite shocked with Sunny’s unexpected welcome which caused them to have a look. It turned out to be Mike who was coming so early in the morning. Like Hyunjoong said last night, they could see clearly that Hyunjoong did almost beat him to death. They could see the wound on his face.

We have already found out what happened, so please get out from here before we did something!” Taeyeon said a strict warning to Mike.

Hold on, hold on.” Mike insisted to stay and put his hands on the door when Yuri wanted to close the door. “I came here to apologize.

We won’t accept any excuse. So, can’t you just go away silently from here before Tiffany appear?! Not matter what happen, we won’t ever let you to meet Tiffany again!” Yuri put Mike’s hands off from the door.

He finally got down on his knee. “Please, I beg you, I want to ask forgiveness from Tiffany.” He begged them sincerely.

“What are you doing? Get up! Get up!” Jessica tried to make him getting up but he insisted to stay. The girls looked hesitant when they could see Mike was indeed felt guilty but they still found it was too unforgivable thinking what he had done to Tiffany.

“Guys, it’s okay.” Tiffany out of nowhere appeared behind the girls.

“Oh, Fany-ah…” The girls looked quite shocked and worried that Tiffany had found out about Mike’s presence. “We…”

Tiffany, please, I want to talk with you!” Mike suddenly tried to pass the girls to approach Tiffany.

Hey, don’t cross your line!” The girls firmly stood in front of Tiffany to protect her. “We have said that we won’t let you meet her!

Please…” Mike still begged them.

“Guys, I really appreciate your concern and care for me but I think I have to speak with him.” Tiffany said.

“But, Fany-ah…” The girls disagreed with Tiffany’s decision and they really didn’t understand why she wanted to do that when they tried their best to protect her.

“Don’t worry, I’ll be fine. I’ll just talk to him for a moment.” Tiffany ensured them by giving a smile. The girls didn’t have other choice except to fulfil her request.

Come here.” Tiffany asked Mike to follow into her room.

---------

Before Tiffany could start their discussion, Mike immediately got down on his knees in front of her. “Please forgive for what I have done last night.” He said sincerely asking for her forgiveness.

Mike, what are you doing? Please get up.” She looked quite shocked as she pulled him to get him stand up.

I’m really sorry, I’m sorry… last night, I was drunk and everything was out of my control.” He insisted to kneel until he accepted her forgiveness.

Ok, ok, I’ll forgive you. Can you stand up now?

Alright, thanks.” He gave her a small smile before sitting beside her on her bed. “I want to give a present to you to redeem my mistake.

Present? You don’t have to… I already forgive you, ok?

It’s okay. It takes me a long time to consider this present before deciding to give it to you. So, I hope you won’t reject it.

You even have to consider it? What kind of present is it?” Tiffany finally showed interest in his present.

We… let’s break up.” Finally, Mike said it out after he kept it in all these time.

Huh?” Tiffany looked so confused and dumbfounded with his present. “What… what are you talking about?” She didn’t know what to say.

I think it’s the best choice for us.

Why?” She didn’t understand why he wanted suddenly to break up. “It’s because last night? You are drunk and I don’t really blame you for it. In fact, I’m the one who have to do better for our relationship. You become like that because I didn’t pay attention to you.” She explained as she felt very guilty for all of this happened.

It’s not because only that reason.

Huh?

I think it’s the time to let you go. I know, I am the only one who has feelings for you, right?” Tiffany looked very shocked with Mike’s question which left her speechless.“And, you don’t feel the same way as I am. I already knew it from the start but I thought if I put more effort, I might change your feelings but until right now… he’s still the one in your heart.

H… he?

Hyunjoong.” He replied calmly.

H… how… how did you know?

I’m not silly, I can know from your action.” He gave a small smile before continuing. “So, it’s time to let you go, Stephanie Hwang.

But…

I’m fine, don’t worry. If you don’t want to upset me, please appreciate my present. You know, it’s really hard for me to come up with this present, so just accept it.

Tiffany finally shed tears as she felt too touched and at the same, she couldn’t help being guilty. “Thanks.

Why are you crying?” He wiped her tears. “I’m really fine. I’m glad that I finally can do something to make you happy. Don’t waste my effort, appreciate my present, okay? I hope to hear a good news soon.” She nodded while showing her smile. “So, now, it’s time to say goodbye. I have to leave today for America.

Oh, really? Actually, I also am going to leave today too, my mom is sick. So, I want to pay her a visit.

Ok, let’s go together.

--------

“WHAT?!!! YOU ARE GOING TO GO BACK?!!! AND, YOU ALSO GOING WITH HIM?!!!” The girls asked almost shouting at Tiffany out of shock.

“I’m not going back forever, okay? It’s just take two days, I want to visit my mother, she’s sick.” Tiffany explained.

“Your mother is sick?” The girls finally calmed down after hearing Tiffany’s reason.

“Hold on, then, why do you have to go with Mike?” Yuri asked strictly.

“What’s wrong with that? He decided to go back, so I just go along with him.”

“What?! What’s wrong?!” Taeyeon asked in disbelief. “Have you forgotten what he had done to you?!”

“Of course not but he already apologized, didn’t he? I believe in him, it was just out of control because he was drunk, he really didn’t intend to hurt me.”

“How can you believe him easily after he had done that?” Yoona still disagreed at how Tiffany forgave him easily and she acted there was nothing happened.      

“How can I not believe him after he had decided to break up with me?”

“What?!”

“Yes, he already found out my feelings towards Hyunjoong from the start but he thought he can changed that if he put more effort but…” Tiffany didn’t continue as they girls already knew what it was.

The girls did feel guilty as they also could see Mike’s sincerity when he wanted to ask forgiveness but they just wanted to be careful with people who hurt their friends. “Then, be careful. If anything happened, tell us immediately.”

“Yes~” Tiffany exclaimed happily.

----------

In the kitchen, Yoona just finished preparing the lunch for only her and Yuri since there were only them left in the villa. Taeyeon, Jessica and Sunny had gone for their schedule and Tiffany just left a moment ago to the airport and she might be boarding the flight now.

“Yuri, do you want to eat right now?” Yoona slightly shouted asking Yuri.

“Yes~” Yuri replied from her room.

Yoona put the food into the plates for two persons and served them on the table. After finishing, Yoona sat on the chair as Yuri walked out from her room and sat in front of her.

“Wow, it looks so mouth-watering.” Yuri complimented.

“Of course, it’s me if we are talking about cooking.” Yoona jokingly replied which they both laughed later.

As they were having their meal, Donghae came into the villa. Yoona saw him and immediately put on a grin on her face. Yuri greeted him as he took a seat beside Yoona.

“Do you want to eat too?” Yoona offered.

“It’s okay. I just have my meal.” He smiled. “Why only both of you are here? Where other girls?”

“Soshi Girls has their schedule.”

“Oh, yes.” He replied as he just remembered it. “Then, Fany?”

“She’s back to US.”

“What?!” Donghae asked in shock. “She didn’t bid goodbye… no, she didn’t even inform something to us?!” He asked in disappointment.

“She suddenly has urgent thing but don’t worry, she is going back to Korea the day after tomorrow. That’s why, she didn’t inform you guys.”

“Oh, is that right?” Donghae finally hove a sigh of relief as he thought he lost a friend just like that.

“Then, why did you come here?” Yoona asked about Donghae’s appearance.

“Yah, why are you asking such an obvious question? Do you think he comes here to see me?” Yuri asked playfully.

“What the…” Yoona laughed while tapping Yuri arm. “Are you jealous because I’m with my boyfriend right now?”

“Nope.” She replied calmly with her expressionless face.

“If you are that jealous, just call Minho to come here.” Donghae said as he took Yuri’s cell phone.

“Donghae, what are you doing?” Yuri asked in shock as she saw Donghae was doing something with her cell phone.

“Just wait and see.” Donghae replied with a sneaky smile.

“Are you going to call Minho?” Yuri asked however, Donghae didn’t reply and he just smiled sneakily. He put the cell phone near his ear. “Lee Donghae, give it back to me!” Yuri asked for her cell phone but she just got ignored.

“What’s wrong?” Yoona asked.

“No… he might be busy. If I keep calling him every time…”

“Why not? He’s your boyfriend, right?”

“Hello, Yuri.” Minho sounded so happy picking up the call from his girlfriend.

“Oh, Minho?” Donghae replied as he chuckled.

“YAH, WHO ARE YOU?!!!” Minho all of a sudden shouted angrily at Donghae not knowing it was Donghae. “WHERE IS YURI?!! WHAT DID YOU DO…”

Donghae looked very shocked of Minho’s reaction. “Th… this is Donghae, Lee Donghae.” Donghae replied cautiously like he had done something wrong.

“Oh? I… I’m sorry, I’m really sorry.” Minho replied apologetically. “I thought something happened.”

“Ah, it’s okay.”

“But… why are you…”

“Actually, there is someone who really miss you but she herself is too shy to tell you personally…” Donghae said with mischievous smile while looking at Yuri. Minho just laughed happily hearing what Donghae said.

“Hey, what did you say?!” Yuri kicked gently Donghae’s foot though her face showed a smile.

“Then, I shall give the phone to her.” Donghae said to Minho while laughing before giving it to Yuri.

“Hello?” Yuri greeted calmly with her expressionless face.

Minho chuckled before saying, “I guess you must miss me to death as even someone else even pointed it out.”

“That’s not it.” Yuri replied while pouting her lips. Minho just laughed. “Where are you now?”

“Why? Do you want to see me? Actually, I don’t miss you as much as you miss me…” Yuri pouted her lips as he talked. “… But, what should I do? Since you miss me so much…”

“Are you going to come here?” Yuri asked in excitement.

“No, I’m sorry… actually, I have something to do…”

“Oh, that’s right?” She sounded quite disappointed. “Then, what is the thing that you have to do?”

“I’m sorry. I have to hang up now.” And, then just suddenly Minho ended the call.

“Eh? Hello? Hello!” Yuri just realized that Minho had ended the call abruptly. “What is this?! Seriously…”

“Why? What’s wrong?” Yoona asked Yuri.

“He just ended the call abruptly!” Yuri replied angrily.

Yoona and Donghae whose seats in front of Yuri realized Minho was walking slowly and quietly behind Yuri. They smiled widely seeing Minho and then, Yuri realized their suspicious smile.

“What are you guys smiling about?” She asked Donghae and Yoona in annoyance.

“Nothing.” Both of Yoona and Donghae replied as they tried to control their smile.

“Why? Did you guys try to put salt on my wounds?! So happy that he can’t come here?!” Yuri asked angrily.

“Aigoo…” Yoona tapped Yuri’s arm.

Minho finally stood exactly behind Yuri. He covered her eyes with both of his hands. “Aish! Who is this?!” Yuri asked in annoyance. Minho didn’t reply anything and he just waited for her to guess with a happy smile stuck on his face. Yuri touched Minho’s hands and she finally had guessed it. “Hah~” She hove a deep sigh. “Yah, Choi Minho!” She yelled.

Minho got startled and let his hold on her. “Why did you yell?” He asked in shock as he took a seat beside her. Donghae and Yoona with a smile on their face, just observed silently the lovers’ quarrel. Yuri didn’t reply Minho’s question and she just kept her angry face. “Are you angry?” Minho asked carefully.

“You always did that!” Yuri replied angrily.

“What did I do? Why? It’s because I ended the call abruptly just now?” Yuri didn’t answer but Minho understood her silence answered it. “It’s because I wanted to give a surprise for you as I’m already in front of the villa.”

“Yuri-yah, he didn’t purposely did that, he just want to give a surprise.” Donghae defended Minho.

Yoona also lent her hand to help Minho. “Donghae is right. You can’t…”

Yuri cut her off. “What if Donghae did that to you?”

Yuri’s question had silenced Yoona for a while. Then, she turned her head towards Donghae and gave him a death glare. “You are dead if you did that!”

“Wh… what’s my mistake?” Donghae asked in scare after receiving a firm warning for his girlfriend. Now, he was the one being cornered after trying to help Minho.

Yuri finally laughed along with Minho seeing how the lover’s quarrel had turned to Yoona and Donghae.

“Oh, that’s right!” Donghae exclaimed when he recalled something. “Why did you yell at me when you heard a guy’s voice picking up Yuri’s cell phone? I’m really curious of that.”

“You yelled at him?” Even Yuri looked very shocked.

“I’m really shocked when he suddenly raised his voice, of course it’s before he knew it was me.” Donghae added.

Minho looked hesitant before answering. “I’m just worried.”

“You being worried for what?” Yuri asked while holding his hand.

“It just reminded me when you got kidnapped before. The guy kidnapped you who called me. So, I thought…” Minho didn’t continue and just stared at her silently, honestly he was just too thankful and happy to see her being safe and sound in front of him right now. Yuri held his hands tightly while giving a warm smile.

Suddenly, there was someone pressing the bell. “Oh, who come on this time?” Yoona asked as she get up to open the door. “Hyunjoong!” She exclaimed in joy. “Please come in.”

“Thanks.” Hyunjoong replied Yoona’s greet with a smile and he followed her entering the villa.

“Oh, Hyunjoong! Have a seat!” Donghae greeted him immediately when he saw him and asked him to sit.

Hyunjoong gladly took the seat beside Donghae. “So, how is she? Is she fine now?”

“Fany? Ah, yes. She’s fine.” Yuri replied.

“Is she here right now?”

“Oh, she didn’t tell you yet?” Yoona asked in shock. Seeing Hyunjoong’s confused face, she got it. “Ah, maybe she didn’t have time to tell you since she’s in rush.”

“Why? What happened?” Hyunjoong looked uneasy hearing Yoona’s words.

“She and Mike have gone back to US. She…” Before Yuri could finish her explanation, she stopped as she was shocked at how Hyunjoong abruptly got up.

“What?! She’s gone to US? Even with Mike?!” Hyunjoong looked very angry and disappointed.

“Ha… hang… hang on, hang on…” Yuri tried to explain.

“So, I guess… at the end, after what happened, she still chose Mike. She didn’t appreciate my efforts at all. I’m so pathetic…”

“Hyunjoong, listen to us first. Yuri isn’t done talking.” Yoona added.

“It’s okay. You guys don’t have to make excuse for her. I’m already tired to listen all of these!”

“What are you talking about? This is not excuse…” Yuri was cut off when Hyunjoong just ignored her and walked away. “Hyunjoong! Hyunjoong! Hang on! Hyunjoong!”

Donghae stopped Yoona who was about to chase Hyunjoong. “It’s okay. Let me stop him.” Donghae tried to catch up Hyunjoong.

After a few minutes later, Donghae came back but unfortunately, without Hyunjoong. “He just disappeared like that!” Donghae said while catching his breath.

“What should we do now?” Yuri and Yoona looked at each other in worry.

“I think he must be disappointed with this misunderstanding especially it’s about other guy.” Minho added.

“We don’t even have his number.”

“Don’t worry too much.” Donghae added. “Besides, Fany will be back the day after tomorrow, so it will be fine. This misunderstanding will be solved soon.”

---------------

Two days had passed, Hyunjoong didn’t come at all to ask for further explanation. The day had passed and Tiffany arrived at the villa, coming back from the airport at night.

The girls looked extremely happy with Tiffany’s return. “Fany-ah!!!” The girls circled around Tiffany and gave a tight group hug until she could barely breathe.

“Yah~ I can’t breathe!” Tiffany struggled in the middle while screaming.

The girls finally let her go after hearing her cute scream. “We are just too happy to see you again.” Taeyeon said.

“Really? I’ve just gone for two days.” Tiffany chuckled.

“So, how is your mother?” Sunny asked.

“She’s completely fine now that I’m able to come back here.” She smiled. “Anyways, is there any news during my absence?” The girls looked hesitant when they heard Tiffany’s question. “Why? Something did happen?” She got the bad feelings seeing the girls’ reaction.

Yuri said it out, “Fany-ah, actually, Hyunjoong had misunderstood about you.”

“Huh? What are you talking about?”

Yoona explained, “In the evening of the day you left, he came to find you. We tried to explain to him nicely, but he immediately jumped to the conclusion that you have stayed with Mike until the end and I’m sure he thought you have left for US… forever.”

“What?! How can you guys do that?” Tiffany asked in disbelief.

“Don’t blame us. He just got too angry when he heard about your leaving and didn’t let us to explain.” Yuri defended.

“Besides, you should have told him before leaving. Otherwise, this won’t happen.”

“Alright, I don’t blame you guys. I was so in rush that I didn’t even have time to inform him.” Tiffany took out her cell phone and called Hyunjoong. “He didn’t pick up.” She said in disappointment. She tried again and again but she just got the same result. “I think he must avoid me.”

“Don’t worry. You will meet him at school tomorrow, right? Just discuss with him nicely and the most important thing, you have to confess to him, ok?” Taeyeon said while patting Tiffany’s shoulder.

“But, I don’t feel good about this… I’m worried and I’m sure I won’t get to sleep tonight until I meet him.”

“What? Do you want to meet him right now? It’s already night, Fany-ah.” Jessica didn’t agree with Tiffany’s thought. “Besides, you just got back. Aren’t you tired?”

“But, I feel so uneasy and…”

“Do you really want to meet him?”

“Hm…” Tiffany slightly pouted her lips while nodding.

--------

Tiffany arrived in front of Hyunjoong’s house. She tried to call him again but as expected, none of her calls had been picked up by Hyunjoong. She sighed as she tried to find any trace or clue that he was at home right now. His house was brightened up by the lamp, both of his car and motorbike were in the parking and she saw his favourite shoes that he always wore. So, she’s positive that her thought was right.

She pressed the bell but there was no one coming which seemed like there was no one at home. She finally knocked the door as she shouted. “Hyunjoong! Are you at home?! Hyunjoong! Please open the door!” there was still no reply that she decided to twist the knob though she knew it was impossible to enter but… “Oh, it’s unlocked.” She said in shock as she entered the house.

The condition in the house was completely different from what she had seen before when she came. The floor was quite dirty with dust and there things weren’t organized neatly. She went into the living room which shocked her the most. She saw a lot of bottles of soju on the table and not to mention some of the bottles were anywhere on the floor.

However, what made her more worried and anxious, she couldn’t find him anywhere. “Hyunjoong, are you at home? Where are you?” She looked around. And then, she felt like something had touched her shoulder that startled her very much. “Argh!” She immediately turned around and hove a relieved sigh because she knew there was nothing dangerous and at the same time, she had found him.

Before she managed to have a longer look at him, he stumbled before standing against her as a support. “Hyunjoong! Hyunjoong! Why? What happened?!” She asked in worry. She gently pushed him to make him stand still. “Oh, you are reek of alcohol!” She said as she covered her nose. She was relieved that he was only drunk. “How much have you drunk actually?!”

After she found it was very difficult to make him stand still, she decided to bring him to his room to lay him down. She made him lay down on his bed before sitting at the side of bed. She touched his forehead to check his condition.

“Aish, who is this?!” Hyunjoong took off Tiffany’s hand from his forehead harshly.

She looked quite shocked. “Hyunjoong, this is me.” Hyunjoong suddenly opened his eyes as he stared deeply into Tiffany’s eyes. “Wh… why?” She asked nervously as his stare somewhat was scary.

“Those eyes… that nose… those lips…” He mumbled as he stared. “You looked exactly like my friend.”

“Huh?”

“My friend… can you smile for once?”

“What are…”

“Just smile!” He slightly raised his voice.

Tiffany didn’t have other choice except to obey to Hyunjoong’s drunken behaviour. She gave a forced smile.

“Oh! You even have that eye-smile of her!” He exclaimed as he let out a fake laugh in annoyance.

“Hyunjoong, I’m really…”

“You look really like my friend…. my beautiful friend… my friend that I treasure her more than my life… my friend that I thought more than as a friend… but you know what she did to me?”

“Hyunjoong…” Tiffany looked very sad and at the same guilty, she didn’t know that this misunderstanding had affected their relationship and him very much.

He didn’t let her to stop him and just continued, “She abandoned me… she didn’t appreciated my efforts at all! What made me so angry that she still chose the one that hurt her instead of me until the end! I feel so pathetic!”

“Hyunjoong, listen here! This is all misunderstanding…”

Hyunjoong still didn’t give her any chance to explain. “And, you! Out of all people is this world, how can you have a face, a face exactly like her?!” He asked angrily. “You know, how hard I’m trying to forget her?! You know, how I’m trying to throw her away from my minds and my heart?! Now, please go away!”

Every words from his mouth had hurt her heart. Although she knew that he didn’t meant it and it was just because of the misunderstanding, she couldn’t help being sad and disappointed. However, she did get the good thing from this situation as she got to find out that she meant a lot to Hyunjoong. Nevertheless, she decided to go home and come back later because at the very least, she could ease a bit Hyunjoong’s heart for tonight and she knew her explanation weren’t going to work tonight because he was too drunk as he would forget everything what she was going to say.

She got up and was about to leave from his room when his sudden words had stopped her. “But… despite all these things… I still miss her a lot...”