Chapter 18

The Magicians of Love

“Are you satisfied now?” Taeyeon asked while raising her eyebrow. Wooyoung didn’t answer her. He looked like a live corpse as he was still very shocked. “Can we go home now?” Taeyeon added. She pulled his arm while walking out from the court. Wooyoung was just letting Taeyeon pulled him.

Sunny and Jessica were looking into each other's eyes. They didn’t how to respond to this situation. They were just shrugging while smiling widely. Meanwhile, Yoona was just smiling happily. Sungmin walked towards Minho. “I’m sorry for what Wooyoung did. He is too jealous at you, he really likes Taeyeon,” he said.

“It’s okay. I know it,” Minho replied while smiling.

“Girls, let’s go!” Sungmin exclaimed.

“Oh!” Jessica and Sunny were a bit startled. Then, Jessica, Yoona and Sunny started to follow Sungmin who was walking away from the court. They waved their hands to Minho, “Bye, Minho!”

“Bye!” Minho replied.

-------------

[On their way to the car]

“Does Taeyeon like Wooyoung?” Sungmin asked.

“She never admits it but we think so,” Sunny answered.

“What about Wooyoung?” Jessica asked just want to make sure although she could predict it.

“What more evidences are needed?  His jealousy shows everything!” Sungmin exclaimed.

“Oh, yeah!” Sunny and Jessica exclaimed excitedly.

“I wonder what they are doing now!” Sungmin added while smirking.

------------

[Near Soshi Girls and Super Boys’ cars]

Wooyoung and Taeyeon were standing beside the cars while waiting for Jessica, Sunny and Sungmin. They felt very awkward with each other. Taeyeon looked very shy and her cheek turned red as she remembered what she did just now. Wooyoung looked like he wanted to say something to Taeyeon but he did not know how to start it. “T… Tae… Taeyeon,” he stuttered.

“Huh?!” she asked anxiously and she was a bit startled as Wooyoung called her. Not too long after, Yoona, Jessica, Sunny and Sungmin came towards them.

“Oh, they are coming! Let’s get in the car!” Wooyoung exclaimed and then, he got in the Super Boys’ car. Taeyeon looked a bit disappointed as she thought Wooyoung would discuss something about the incident just now. Then, Soshi Girls, Yoona and Sungmin got in the car.

[In Super Boys’ car]

“There is any good news?” Sungmin asked excitedly.

“No…” Wooyoung replied in a disappointed voice.

“WHAT?!!!” Sungmin shouted.

“Hey!! Why did you shout?!” Wooyoung scolded him while rubbing his ears.

“Sorry… but what do you meant by ‘no’? Don’t you guys have a talk?” Sungmin responded.

“I tried… but… I'm too shy to talk with Taeyeon,” Wooyoung said while blushing.

“Shy?!!! Since when you got shy?!! And during this important time?!!!” Sungmin asked surprisingly.

“I… I don’t know. Suddenly, it felt like my mouth was shut up when I was with her. I could not say anything,” Wooyoung explained.

“Listen here. You must do something! She already made a move. She is a girl. She should not do that. Nevertheless, she encourages herself to do that and can you imagine it, in front of many people…”

“Yes, you are right… it is my fault. I will have a talk with her later,” Wooyoung replied.

[In the Soshi Girls’ car]

“What happened?” Sunny asked eagerly.

“Did you guys get together?” Yoona asked.

“I don’t know. He didn’t tell anything after… after… I kissed him,” Taeyeon tried to explain but the few words, she said slowly as she was embarrassed and her cheek turned red.

“How could he don’t say anything?! I’m sure he really likes you and Sungmin himself said he seems like you. But… why he doesn’t say anything? Although you already kissed him?!” Jessica said in higher voice.

“Oh, by the way, Taeyeon, you already have your first kiss!” Sunny exclaimed while clapping her hands as she was very excited.

“You are so brave. You made a move for your first kiss!” Jessica added in amazement.

“Wait! I don’t think this is my first kiss…” Taeyeon said while thinking carefully.

“WHAT?!! You already kissed someone before?!!!” Sunny and Jessica asked surprisingly. Yoona also looked at Taeyeon thoroughly after she heard what Taeyeon said.

“But, I don’t think you have a boyfriend, before…” Jessica said.

“Did you hide it from us?” Sunny asked with a suspicious look.

“No. I didn’t hide anything from you guys and I don’t have any boyfriend before!” Taeyeon said in higher voice as Sunny and Jessica thought nonsense things before she could do explanation.

“So, how did you… and, with whom?” Yoona asked.

“With Wooyoung,” Taeyeon said slowly as she was embarrassed and her cheek turned redder.

“With Wooyoung again! So, you already kissed him twice!!!” Sunny and Jessica exclaimed excitedly. Taeyeon nodded. “Wow! Wow! Wow!!!” Sunny and Jessica said in amazement.

“Who is the person that made a move?” Jessica asked eagerly.

“Wait…” Taeyeon replied while thinking carefully again.

[Taeyeon’s flashback]

[In the washroom]

Taeyeon was on Wooyoung. She supported her body with her two hands were pressing the floor to keep her face’s distance from Wooyoung’s. Then, she tried to stand quickly but her hands, which were pressing the smooth floor, slipped. Taeyeon fell onto Wooyoung once again but this time, their lips met. They looked into each other's eyes surprisingly.

[End of the flashback]

“Who is that person? Wooyoung or you again?” Sunny asked eagerly.

“I… I… th… think it was me,” she stuttered while her cheek turned red.

“Oh, Taeyeon! You are so brave! A girl should not do that! But, you already kissed a boy twice!!!” Jessica replied.

“But, it was involuntarily!” Taeyeon defended herself.

“It doesn’t important! But, who kissed who first?” Sunny asked to jeer at Taeyeon.

“M… Me,” she said slowly while bowing her head as she was very embarrassed.

“Yeah!!!” Sunny, Jessica and Yoona made a high-five to each other.

“And, Yoona, didn’t Donghae ever kiss you?” Sunny directly asked Yoona out of the blue.

“HUH?!!!” she asked surprisingly. Jessica, Sunny and Taeyeon looked at Yoona excitedly as they wanted to know the answer. “Em… Not yet,” she replied shyly.

“What?! Hish, Donghae! Why he still doesn’t kiss you?! You two are already a lover!” Sunny said in higher voice. “But, differently with Taeyeon and Wooyoung, although they are not a lover, they have kissed twice!!!” Sunny teased Taeyeon. Then, Taeyeon hit Sunny. Sunny and Jessica were just laughing. Taeyeon and Yoona’s cheek turned red after they heard what Sunny said. “Yoona, just ask him to kiss you today, since today is…” Sunny tried to suggest but got interrupted after Taeyeon closed .

“Sunny, what are you doing?” Taeyeon scolded her while whispering to her.

“Why?” Yoona asked confusedly.

“Nothing! I don’t know what’s wrong with Sunny today. She is weird today!” Jessica exclaimed while pretending to laugh since she didn’t know this will be stopping Yoona to ask another questions or not.

-------------

[In front of Soshi Girls and Super Boys’ villa]

They arrived and then, they got out from the car.  “Yoona, you wait here for a minute,” Taeyeon said. Then, Taeyeon entered Soshi Girls’ villa.

“Why? What is happening actually?” Yoona asked confusedly. Sunny and Jessica just shrugged as they pretended don’t know anything.

[In the Soshi Girls’ villa]

In the villa was very dark since all the lamps were switched off. Taeyeon walked slowly while she kept bumping the things on her way. “Ouch! Donghae! Onew! Where are you guys?!” she shouted.

“Taeyeon, is that you?” Donghae asked.

“Yes! Ouch!” she kept bumping the things. “Where are you guys? What are you doing in this condition? I kept bumping the things! Ouch!!” Taeyeon said in higher voice.

“Come to the kitchen! We are here!” Donghae shouted from the kitchen. Taeyeon quickly went to the kitchen.

[In the kitchen]

“Have you finished everything?” Taeyeon asked anxiously.

“Yes!” Donghae exclaimed. “And, where is Yoona?”

“She is outside. I just come to make sure you have finished everything.”

“Ok, you can call her.”

“And, Taeyeon, please be careful while walking out from the villa,” Onew said.

“Yes, you will keep bumping anything in your way,” Donghae added.

“Okay!”

---------

Everyone was entering Soshi Girls’ villa including Yoona. “Taeyeon, what were you doing just now? It was so dark,” Yoona said. Suddenly, all the lamps lighted up, shining everything in the villa. Yoona could see clearly Donghae was standing in front of her. “Donghae?! What are you doing here?” she asked.

“Tadaa!!!” Donghae said while spreading his arms out widely. Just then, Yoona realized everything was different in the villa. Yoona saw the surrounding. At the wall, there were many colourful balloons and ribbons were hung. Donghae decorated the villa beautifully. Sunny, Jessica, Wooyoung and Sungmin also looked at the surrounding excitedly including Taeyeon who could not see it in the dark just now.

Yoona looked at a banner. “Happy Birthday?” Yoona asked to herself while thinking carefully. Meanwhile, Donghae was sitting on the chair at the piano. He was preparing himself to play piano for Yoona. Then, Yoona turned her head towards the piano where the sound was coming from. Yoona thoroughly looked at Donghae who was playing piano while singing Super Boys’ single, ‘No Other’ piano version.

Neoui ttatteuthan geu soni chagapge, chagapge shikeo isseul ttae
Neoui ganghaetdeon geu ma eumi nal karopge sangcheo badasseul ttae
Naega jaba julge anajulge salmyeoshi, geugeoseuro jakeun iroman dwendamyeon johgesseo
Eonjena deo maneun geol haejugo shipeun nae mam neon da mollado dwae

Gaseumi sorichyeo marhae jayuro-un nae yeonghon
Eonjena cheo-eumui imaeum euro neoreul saranghae georeo watdeon shiganboda nameun nari deo manha

Neo gateun saram tto eopseo juwireul dureobwado geujeo georeohdeongeol eodiseo channi
Neo gatchi joheun saram neo gatchi joheun saram neo gatchi joheun ma eum neo gatchi joheun seonmul
Neomu dahaeng iya aesseo neorel jikyeojul geu sarami baro naraseo eodiseo channi
Na gatchi haengbokhan nom na gatchi haengbokhan nom na gatchi unneun geureon choegoro haengbokhan nom


너의 따뜻한 그 두 손이 차갑게, 차갑게 식어 있을 때 너의 강했던 그 마음이 날카롭게 상처 받았을 때
내가 잡아줄게 안아줄게 살며시, 그것으로 작은 위로만 된다면 좋겠어
언제나 더 많은 걸 해주고 싶은 내 맘 넌 다 몰라도 돼

가슴이 소리쳐 말해 자유로운 내 영혼
언제나 처음의 이 마음으로 너를 사랑해 걸어왔던 시간보다 남은 날이 더 많아

너 같은 사람 또 없어 주위를 둘러봐도 그저 그렇던 걸
어디서 찾니 너같이 좋은 사람 너같이 좋은 사람 너같이 좋은 마음 너같이 좋은 선물
너무 다행이야 애써 너를 지켜줄 그 사람이 바로 나라서
어디서 찾니 나같이 행복한 놈 나같이 행복한 놈 나같이 웃는 그런 최고로 행복한 놈


Your two warm hands get cold when I’m cold, your heart which used to be strong gets sensitive when I’m hurt
To silently take my hands, to silently hold me, I only wish for those small comforts
You don’t know this heart of mine, which always wants to do more for you

My heart, say it out loud, my free soul
The days left are even more than the time when I came love you with a heart which always felt like the first time

There’s no one like you, even if I look around it’s just like that
Where else to look for? A person good like you, a person good like you, a heart good like you, a gift good like you
How lucky, the person who will try hard to protect you is just me
Where else to look for? A guy happy like me, a guy happy like me, a guy who laughs with the greatest happiness like me


Yoona was very touched at what Donghae did. Then, Donghae walked towards Yoona. “Do you like it?” Donghae asked while giving a big smile. “I’m sorry, I could just do a simple celebration for you.”

“No, no,” she was shaking her head. “I like it!” she said with teary eyes but her voice sounded happily. Finally, she broke into tears.

“Yoona, why did you cry?” Donghae asked while wiping her tears. “It’s your birthday. You should be happy!”

“I’m crying not because I feel sad but it’s because I was touched. Actually, I haven't celebrated my birthday for 12 years old. I also forgot when was my birthday,” Yoona explained while trying to control her tears.

“12 years?!” Jessica asked surprisingly.

“Yes,” Yoona nodded. “Since I lost my family when I was 6 years old, there was no one who wanted to celebrate my birthday,” she explained while looking at Jessica. Then, she turned her head back to Donghae. “And, this year, because of you, there is someone who wants to celebrate my birthday. Thank you,” Yoona said while holding Donghae’s hands.

“Don’t need to say thank you. If you continue to love me like this, I’ll be happy,” Donghae said with his right hand holding Yoona’s hands tightly and his left hand was holding Yoona’s face. Yoona smiled happily. Then, Donghae kissed her lips. Yoona was a bit shocked after Donghae kissed him. Soshi Girls, Wooyoung, Sungmin, and Onew cheered to them. Yoona looked very shy while Donghae was just smiling happily.

[In the kitchen]

“I prepared this!” Donghae exclaimed while pointing towards food in the dining table. There were many types of delicious food such as seaweed soup, grilled mackerel, mapo tofu, samgyupsal, vegetable stir fry, Chinese-style chicken wings and many more. The most important was the cake that was at the centre of the dining table.

“You made this?!” Yoona asked surpringly.

“Yes!” Donghae replied proudly. “But, I don’t know it will taste good or not since I learnt it from Internet.”

“Do you really make it? Or you bought it?!” Sungmin asked with suspicious look.

“I really made it!!!” Donghae finally burst into angry. “You can ask Onew!”

Everyone looked at Onew. Onew was eating and his mouth full with food. “Did he really make it?” Jessica asked.

“Y… Ye… sss… h…e rea…lly ma… keee… it… I… aaaa..llso… he…lllpp… him,” Onew replied while there were still many food in his mouth.

“What did you say?” Jessica asked once again.

Onew chewed the food until finished. Then, he repeated what he said once again. “Yes, he really made it. I also help him.” Jessica was just smiling at him after he repeated the words.

“You want to take a sip of this soup?” Donghae asked to Yoona. Yoona nodded. Donghae took the soup with a spoon and then he feed Yoona. As soon as Yoona sipped it, she coughed. Donghae quickly put the spoon on the table and he approached Yoona. “Are you alright?” Donghae asked anxiously while tapping softly her back.

Not too long after, Yoona stopped coughing. “I’m okay.”

“It is not good?” Donghae asked.

“No, it is good. But, it’s very hot!” Yoona exclaimed.

Donghae could just smiling, “I’m sorry.”

“It’s edible? Can we eat it?” Sunny asked.

“Of course.” Sunny, Taeyeon, Jessica, Wooyoung and Sungmin took a seat and then, they ate.

“It’s really good!” Jessica praised.

“Really? Thanks!” Donghae replied while smiling widely. “But… why did you guys came home late?” As soon as Donghae asked about the reason why they were late, Taeyeon and Wooyoung coughed as they were very shocked. “Oh! What’s wrong with you guys?” Donghae asked confusedly. Sungmin and Sunny who were sitting beside Wooyoung and Taeyeon, gave them water. Everyone except Donghae and Onew also were smiling as they knew the reason.

------------

[At Tiffany’s condominium]

Tiffany was calling her mom. “Hello?” her mom answered the call.

Hello, mom! It’s me!” Tiffany exclaimed.

Oh, Tiffany! Finally you called! Mom really miss you! Why did you not call me for a long time? I am very worried."

Mom, don’t worry. I’m okay. I was very busy. As soon as I arrived in Korea, I need to manage about the house and school transference.”

“How about there?”

I’m really happy here! It had been a long time since we came back to Korea. There were many things changed. So beautiful!

“Yes, we went back to Los Angeles when you were six years old. Then, we have not come back again to Korea. Now, you are 18 years old. It was already 12 years. Mom also hopes I can go there. But, I’m really busy with the company. If there is time, mom and dad will visit you!

Ok, mom. Bye!"

Ok, take care. Bye!

-------------

“We want to go back first, bye!”

“Ok, bye!” Soshi Girls and Yoona replied.

“Donghae, don’t you want to go back?” Sungmin asked.

“I still want to stay here,” Donghae replied.

“Ok!” Then, Sungmin, Wooyoung and Onew walked out from the villa.

“Donghae, don’t you give anything to Yoona as a present?” Sunny directly asked.

“Oh, yeah! I forgot about it!” Donghae replied. Donghae quickly took something in his pocket. Then, he grabbed Yoona’s hand.

“Why?”

Donghae put the ring which is in his hand, to Yoona finger. “This means my heart is yours.”

“Wow!!!” Soshi Girls were cheering for them. Yoona was just smiling widely and she looked very shy.

“Wait!” Donghae suddenly said. Everyone was looking at him. “Who gave it to you? Your first love?” Donghae asked while looking at a wooden ring in another Yoona’s finger.

“Why? Are you jealous?” Yoona asked while raising her eyebrow. Then, she laughed after looking Donghae’s reaction. “This is the ring that my first love gave,” Yoona said while pointing at the ring that Donghae gave.

“Really?”

“Yes!” she exclaimed while nodding.

“So, Yoona,the wooden ring, who gave it?” Jessica asked eagerly.

“When I was a little child, I had two best friends, Yuri and Stephanie,” Yoona replied.

“Yuri?” Donghae asked in a shocked voice.

“Yes. Why?”

“N… Nothing,” Donghae replied while shaking his head. ‘Her name is also Yuri. But, it is impossible! There are many people have name Yuri in this world!’ Donghae thought.

“Where are them?” Taeyeon asked.

“I… I don’t know,” Yoona replied.

“What?” Sunny asked surprisingly.

“Let me tell you guys first about Stephanie. Stephanie was born in Los Angeles. Her full name is Stephanie Hwang Miyoung. When she was 1 year old, she and her family moved to Korea back and they lived beside my house. And, Yuri, her family already lived near my house before she was born. We were really good friends."

“Then, what had happened?” Jessica asked.

“I still remembered August 1998! On that time, Yuri, Stephanie and I were 6 years old.”

“So, that means Yuri and Stephanie also are same age with us?” Taeyeon asked.

“Yes,” Yoona nodded. “Back to my story, during August 1998, Stephanie needed to follow her family went back to Los Angeles meanwhile Yuri’s family needed to move to Busan to take care of her grandmother. Before we separated, Yuri, Stephanie and I made a wooden ring for each other.”

“So, all of you have one that ring?” Sunny asked while pointing the wooden ring that worn by Yoona.

“Yes. It will be easier to know each other when we meet again one day. Then, after a few days after Yuri and Stephanie leave, my parents were dead. So, I will never forget August 1998 since I had lost my family and my best friends during these times.”

Finally, Yoona broke into tears. Donghae hugged her to calm her down. “I’m sorry, I should not ask about this,” Donghae apologized while Yoona’s hair.

“We also want to say sorry,” Soshi Girls said.

“No, don’t say like that. I should thank you guys. I never tell this to anyone. I feel so relief now.”

“Don’t worry. One day, you’ll meet Yuri and Stephanie!” Taeyeon exclaimed. Yoona smiled.

Not too long after, Wooyoung came. “Eh, Wooyoung!” Donghae exclaimed. “Why did you come?” Wooyoung walked towards Taeyeon and grabbed her hand. Then, he pulled her to walk out from the villa. Taeyeon was very shocked but she just followed Wooyoung silently.

-----------

IMPORTANT NOTES

The green words mean they talk in English. What I mean is all this time, they talk in Korean.(Just think that way)

Green words = English

Black words = Korean