Chapter 19

The Magicians of Love

[Outside the villa]

Wooyoung let Taeyeon’s hand go. Taeyeon still looked shocked meanwhile Wooyoung looked very anxious. His heart was beating faster and he was still thinking on how to start the conversation. “I… em… I…” Wooyoung stuttered.

“Yes?” Taeyeon asked while smiling as she predicted Wooyoung would talk about the incident at the court.

“Do you like… no. I like…” he stuttered. ‘Hish! What should I say?’ he thought. Meanwhile, Taeyeon was just looking at him while smiling. She waited him to say something about his feelings. “You… me… at the court…” Wooyoung stuttered.

Finally, Taeyeon spoke since she could not depend on Wooyoung to solve this problem. “Were you jealous at Minho because of me?” she asked directly. Wooyoung was a bit shocked as Taeyeon asked that question directly meanwhile Taeyeon looked at him thoroughly while waiting for his answer. Just then, Wooyoung nodded bashfully. “Why did you need to be jealous at him? He is just my cousin!” Taeyeon responded in higher voice.

“Yes, I know that but you close to him and you also always praise him. So, I think maybe you like him.”

“Of course I need to be close to him since he’s my family.” Wooyoung was just silent since he could not reply what Taeyeon said. “And… why did I need to make the first move? It was very embarrassing!” Taeyeon said while hitting Wooyoung softly.

“I’m sorry,” he apologized. He held Taeyeon’s hand and said “I like you.”

“Me too,” Taeyeon replied while bowing her head as she was embarrassed. Wooyoung smiled and then, he hugged Taeyeon. Taeyeon smiled in his embrace.

----------

[In Donghae’s car]

“Where are we going?” Yoona asked.

“I don’t know,” Donghae replied while shrugging.

“What?! You don’t know? So, why are you asking me out?” Yoona said surprisingly.

“I felt guilty because of yesterday… I left you alone,” Donghae said.

“Oh! Because of that?! I have said it was okay!” Yoona exclaimed.

Donghae just smiled. Then, he asked, “There is somewhere you want to go?”

“Em… Oh, yeah! I want to go to my orphanage. It has been a long time since my last visit,” she said.

----------

[At the orphanage]

Donghae and Yoona arrived. Donghae who was here for the first time, looked at the surrounding in amazement. The compound of the orphanage was very beautiful. There were many shady trees. Since the orphanage was located at a highland, they could feel the winds was blowing and slapping their cheek softly. There was also a playground for the children.

“So, you must be able to grow up well here,” Donghae said.

Yoona nodded while smiling. “Let’s get in!”

[In the orphanage]

“How are you, Auntie Kim?” Yoona greeted.

“Oh! Yoona,” Auntie Kim replied happily. Then, she stood up from the chair and hugged Yoona. “Auntie is so happy to see you.”

Yoona smiled. “I’m sorry. It has been a long time since my last visit,” she apologized.

“It is okay,” Auntie Kim said while holding Yoona’s face.

“I want to introduce someone to auntie.” Then, Yoona looked at Donghae as a signal to Donghae to come closer. “This is Donghae!” Yoona introduced him to Auntie Kim.

“Hello, auntie! My name is Lee Donghae,” he introduced himself happily.

“Boyfriend?” Auntie Kim asked to Yoona. Yoona nodded while smiling bashfully. Then Auntie Kim also smiled.

“Yoona, you and Auntie Kim just have a talk. I will wait outside.” Yoona nodded. Then, Donghae went outside.

“How is your condition? You don’t come here for a long time. I’m quite worried if anything happen to you. I think it is better if you just quit your work,” Auntie Kim said while holding Yoona’s hands tightly.

“Auntie, you don’t need to worry. Yes, my condition is getting worse but I’m still okay. Besides, I have quit my work,” Yoona replied.

“Oh, that’s great! Your condition doesn’t permit you to do work. But, how did you survive?” Auntie Kim asked.

“I stay at Soshi Girls’ villa. Auntie know Soshi Girls right? They are my friends,” Yoona said.

“Oh, yes! I know them,” Auntie Kim replied while smiling. “And… your boyfriend, Donghae, he is…”

“Yes. He is also a singer.”

“Oh… Auntie just thought that he looks familiar,” Auntie Kim said. “Have you found them? Yuri and Stephanie?”

Yoona shook her head. “Not yet, I still don’t hear anything about them,” Yoona said and she looked a bit sad.

“Don’t worry, you will found them soon.” Yoona nodded while smiling.

[Outside the orphanage, near the playground]

“Hi, kids!” Donghae greeted the children who were playing at the playground.

The children were from 4 years old until 13 years old. Donghae felt sorry for them as they lost their family since they were young. Nevertheless, they looked cheerful as they were growing up at a good place. Donghae could see and feel how Yoona grew up through them. The children stopped playing and looked at Donghae after they realized about Donghae’s presence.

“Who are you?” a boy, the oldest of the children asked in a serious voice. He was like a protector of all the children.

“Hi! I’m Lee Donghae. You guys can call me Donghae oppa or hyung!” Donghae introduced himself cheerfully. He knew the children were hard to approach. The children just replied him with a cool reaction. “What are you doing? Can I join?”

“This is children’s games. Hyung is already grown up, so hyung can’t join us,” a boy said seriously.

“Oh, really? I can’t join? Are you guys sure?” he asked while raising his eyebrows. Then, Donghae went to a slide and he got up to it. He sat and slid down and he shouted childishly, “Arghhh!!!” The children were laughing at Donghae as he looked like a child. Anyways, it was funnier as Donghae was already an adult. The children seemed they have slowly accepted Donghae.  Donghae smiled and then, he stood up. “So, now can I join you guys?” Donghae asked once again.

“Yes!!!” all the children shouted while jumping happily.

“So, what should we play?” Donghae asked while rubbing his chin. “Em… how about I chase you all?” Donghae suggested and the children seemed agree with that. “Be ready! I’m coming!!!” Donghae exclaimed while chasing slowly the children. The children ran away.

Meanwhile, Yoona and Auntie Kim were walking outside the orphanage while having a conversation. They saw Donghae who were playing with the children. “Before this, auntie felt so worried since you made a decision to move from the orphanage. But not anymore. I’m relief now since you have got a good guy,” Auntie Kim said.

Yoona smiled sweetly. Then, Donghae realized about the presence of Yoona and Auntie Kim. Then, he ran towards them. “Ok, auntie, I want to meet others,” Yoona said to Auntie Kim. Auntie Kim nodded. “Wait here!” she exclaimed to Donghae. Then, she walked away.

“Meanwhile, can I have a talk with you?” Auntie Kim asked Donghae.

“Huh?” he was a bit startled as he didn’t expect it. “Sure.”

“Auntie thinks Yoona as my daughter. Auntie looked after her when she was still 6 years old. Now, she was grown up prettily. Without realizing, she is already 18 years old. Already 12 years, I looked after her and I understand her so well. I just want to ask a help from you.”

“Yes, what it is?”

“I just want to ask that you will take care of her. I’m really worried about her. She doesn’t have other family.”

“Of course I will take care of her. Auntie doesn’t need to worry. I promise as long as I'm alive, I will take care of her.”

“Thank you very much.”

“No, no. Auntie doesn’t need to thank me,” Donghae said while smiling.

Just then, Yoona came. “Auntie, we want to go back first.”

“Okay,” Auntie Kim replied then she hugged Yoona. “Donghae, please remember your promise to me,” she said to Donghae.

“Of course!” Donghae exclaimed and he smiled.

“What promise?” Yoona asked in astonishment while looking at Auntie Kim then she turned her head towards Donghae, asking for an answer.

“Don’t be a busybody!” he whispered to Yoona. “Goodbye, auntie!”

------------

[In Donghae’s car]

“Please tell me!” Yoona said in higher voice.

“Huh? Tell what?” Donghae pretended to ask although he already knew what was meant by Yoona.

“What did you promised to Auntie Kim?” she asked.

“I…”

“Yes?” she asked while raising her eyebrows.

“Will never tell you!” Donghae exclaimed and then, he laughed.

Yoona was angry. She faced the windows and pouted her lips. “Why it is very hard to tell me?”

“Don’t be a busybody. This is business between Auntie Kim and me. Understand?”

“Please tell me! Tell me! Tell me!” she persuaded Donghae with cuteness.

“No, no, no!”

----------------

[At the backyard of Soshi Girls and Super Boys’ villa]

Taeyeon and Wooyoung were sitting on the bench while looking at the sky. As the night was clear and there were less cloud, they could see stars. Taeyeon looked at the sky while swung her legs cutely. “Today was very clear. We can see many stars!” she exclaimed. Wooyoung just looked at the sky briefly. Sometimes, he would steal a glance on Taeyeon who was looking at the sky attentively as she was amazed with the stars.

[Wooyoung P.O.V]

I'm starring at Taeyeon. She looks pure and beautiful with her focused face. I like to steal a glance on her. It's not that before I never see her face but this time is different. Before, I saw her as my friend, but now, I see her as my girl! I wonder why I turn 180° when I'm with her. I got a bit shy when I was alone with her. It was because I already loved her for a long time? If so… maybe… I should thank to Minho. I know my real feelings to Taeyeon because of him. Everything happened so fast. It feel like just now I was jealous at Minho but now Taeyeon and I are together.

[End of P.O.V]

Wooyoung turned his head from Taeyeon’s face and he suddenly exclaimed, “It feels like I'm dreaming!” Taeyeon who was looking at the sky, turned her head towards Wooyoung after she heard what he said. She looked at him while frowning. Then, she pulled his left ear. It was quite a strong pull. “Ouch!!! My… my ear! Ta… Taeyeon, it hurts! Please let my ear go!” he said in a pain voice while holding his left ear and Taeyeon’s hand which was pulling his left ear. Taeyeon let Wooyoung’s left ear go and then, she smiled happily. “Ouch!!!” Wooyoung exclaimed while rubbing his left ear. His ear turned red as it was very painful. Taeyeon was just laughing while Wooyoung was enduring his pain. “Why did you do that?” Wooyoung asked in higher voice.

“To make you realize that this is not a dream!” she exclaimed.

“What?!” Wooyoung asked loudly while starring at her. Nevertheless, Taeyeon just replied him with a grin. Wooyoung could not resist her beautiful smile, so he also smiled afterwards.

“Look there!” she exclaimed while pointing to the sky. “You can see 1, 2, 3…” she was counting the stars. “7! You can see 7 stars there. It is a constellation, right?” she asked while looking at Wooyoung. Then, she turned her head back to the sky, “It’s very beautiful!”

Wooyoung who was just starring at Taeyeon, didn’t pay fully attention to Taeyeon but he still could understand what Taeyeon’s said. “Well… you are more beautiful,” Wooyoung said while starring at her.

Taeyeon turned her head towards Wooyoung as soon as she heard what he said, “Owh ~ ” she said while making her eyes smaller. Wooyoung grinned and then, he put his arms around Taeyeon. Taeyeon smiled in his embrace.

--------------

[At Ding Feng high school]

Tiffany was walking towards her class. As usual, she dressed up nicely. She wore a jean and a pink blouse, her favorite cloth as the colour was pink. She really, really like pink and can be considered as Pink Princess.

[Tiffany P.O.V]

Today is the first day I go to a high school in Korea. I'ms very excited since it is the first time I learn in Korea. I want to know what the differences learn in a high school in Los Angeles and a high school in Korea. But, at the same time, I am also very nervous. I wonder how students here will react and accept my presence since I came from Los Angeles. Will they treat me differently? Ahhh ~ So nervous! I hope I can make many friends on my first day.

Out of the blue, when I turn left in the way to the class, I bump into a guy. The guy is holding a drink. So, the drink is spill to me. Oh! No way!!! My favorite cloth!!!

Hey, what are you doing?!!!” Tiffany asked him angrily while wiping the water from her cloth.

“I’m sorry, miss,” Hyunjoong kindly apologized.

What did you mean by sorry?! See what you have done!!!” Tiffany replied him angrily.

Miss!!! I had said I sorry!!! What more you want me to do?!!!” Hyunjoong finally burst into angry after he saw Tiffany’s reaction although he already apologized.

Then, I leave him alone and rush to the toilet. In toilet, I splash a few drops of water on my cloth. Aishhhh!!! What a bad day! It is only my first day, but I already meet a frustrated person!!!

[Hyunjoong P.O.V]

As usual, I'm preparing to go to school. I go to school by my Yamaha motorcycle. I look at my watch and it is still early. So I decide to drop by at Auntie Lee’s stall. Her stall is located near my high school. I still remember my first meeting with Auntie Lee. It was when I ten years old. After a few days my parents’ dead, I still could not accept it. I ran away from my uncle's house and then I lost. Luckily, I met Auntie Lee who was selling food and drinks at her stall. She kindly gave me food and drinks. I told her the reason why I ran away. She advised me and because of that, I changed my mind. Since then, I close to her. I assume her as my mother. She always treats me kindly. When I have time, I will visit her and help her at the stall.

“Hi, auntie!” Hyunjoong greeted Auntie Lee happily.

“Oh, Hyunjoong! Why don’t you come for a long time? I’m quite worried,” Auntie Lee replied.

“I’m sorry but I really busy lately. How about your business?” Hyunjoong asked.

“Still okay but there are not much people come lately,” she responded.

“I think it is better if auntie stay with me. Besides, I live alone at home. Sometimes, I feel deserted stay at a big villa alone.”

“It is okay. I don’t want to depend on others,” she refused.

I have asked her to stay with me for many times but she still refused it. I wonder why. Sometimes, she is not well but she still open her stall since she is alone and don’t have family.

“You want a drink?” she asked.

“Yes,” Hyunjoong said happily. Then, she gave him a drink. “Okay, auntie, I need to go to school now, if not I will be late. Thanks for the drink!”

“Okay, goodbye!”

At school, on the way to my class, I bump into a girl and I accidentally spill the drink on her. I apologize to her but she still scold me. Hish!!! So annoying!!! Why it is so hard for her to forgive me?! What an unlucky day to meet a girl with a bad attitude! Hah!!! Talk to me in English, she thought she is great?!!!

-----------

[In class 3A (Soshi Girls, Super Boys and Max’s class), Ying Ye high school]

“Please give your attention for a while,” the teacher, Mr. Kang said. All the students turned their head towards their teacher, who was standing in front of the class. Nevertheless, Donghae was still reading his book but his ears were hearing what the teacher was saying. “We will accept a new student in our class,” Mr. Kang informed. Everyone started to whisper to each other. Then, a girl was walking into the class. “She is a new student in our class. She just transferred from another high school,” Mr. Kang added.

“Oh… she is beautiful,” Sungmin said but only Onew, Donghae and Wooyoung could hear it.

“Oh, yeah! She is beautiful,” Wooyoung agreed.

“Donghae, just stop reading! Look at the new student! She is very beautiful!” Sungmin exclaimed.

“She is beautiful? Why should I care about it?!” Donghae replied to Sungmin and he continued reading his book.

“Yes, I know! You already have Yoona,” Sungmin responded.

Then, the new student introduced herself in front of the class. “Hello, everyone! It’s nice to meet you! My name is Kwon Yuri!” Yuri introduced herself happily.

As soon as Donghae heard Yuri’s name, he put his book on the table and he looked at her. His eyes went big. He suddenly stood up as he was very shocked and he could not believe what he saw. His eyes were locked on her. All the students looked at Donghae including Soshi Girls. “What’s wrong with Donghae?” Sunny whispered to Taeyeon and Jessica. Taeyeon and Jessica just shrugged.

“Mr. Lee, is there any problem?” Mr. Kang asked while looking at Donghae. Yuri was just smiling widely while looking at Donghae.

“N…no, sir,” Donghae stuttered. Then, he slowly sat down on his chair.

“Ms. Kwon, you can sit there,” Mr. Kang said while pointing the empty seat beside Soshi Girls, or specifically beside Taeyeon. Then, Yuri walked towards the empty seat beside Taeyeon. Donghae’s eyes were following her. He still could not believe what he saw.

“Donghae, what’s wrong with you?” Onew asked.

“She is very pretty, right? Have you fall in love with her? What about Yoona?” Sungmin tried to make a joke.

“Hey! What are you talking about? Don’t talk rubbish!” Donghae scolded Sungmin.

Meanwhile, Yuri was sitting on the chair. Then, she greeted her seat mates. “Hello, my name is Yuri!” she introduced herself to Soshi Girls.

“Hello, I’m…” Taeyeon could not finish her words as Yuri interrupted.

“Yes, I know you guys… Taeyeon,” she was pointing to Taeyeon, “Jessica,” she was pointing to Jessica, “And, Sunny!” she was pointing to Sunny.

“Oh, you know us?!” Sunny asked excitedly.

“Yes, you guys are singer. It’s impossible that I don’t know you,” Yuri replied while smiling. “You guys must also know me, right?”

“No, em… I think this is the first time I meet you,” Taeyeon said to Yuri. Then, Taeyeon looked at Sunny and Jessica, “you guys know her?”

“No,” Jessica and Sunny shook their head.

“Oh, maybe I should tell you my relationship with Donghae,” Yuri said.

“You are close to Donghae?” Jessica asked in a shocked voice.

“Well… I’m his fiancée,” Yuri replied.

“WHAT?!!!” Sunny shouted loudly as she was very surprised.

Meanwhile, at the same time, Sungmin also shouted, “WHAT?!!!”

All their classmates looked at Sunny and Sungmin. “I’m sorry! Just ignored me!” they both said.

“She is your fiancée?” Sungmin asked Donghae in a lower voice. Donghae just nodded lazily.

---------------

[In class 3A (Hyunjoong and Tiffany’s class), Ding Feng high school]

“Today, there will be a new student in our class,” teacher, Mr. Han informed. Then, Tiffany came in. All the students looked at Tiffany including Hyunjoong.

‘What?!!! She is also a student in my class?!’ Hyunjoong thought.

“Hello, everyone! My name is Stephanie Hwang Miyoung! You guys can call me Tiffany. I’m not so fluent in Korean, so I’m sorry for any mistake,” Tiffany introduced herself.

“Please help her if she needs help. She transferred from a high school in Los Angeles,” Mr. Han added. “Well… Ms. Hwang, you can sit at the back, there,” Mr. Han said while pointing his finger towards the empty seat beside Hyunjoong.

‘What??!! Now, she becomes my seatmates?!!! No way!!!’ he thought with angry expression.

Then, Tiffany walked towards the empty seat beside Hyunjoong, without she realized that she would be a seatmate to a guy who bumped into her just now. She sat on the chair and put her bag. After that, she turned her body towards her seatmate to introduce herself. Tiffany bowed her body a bit while saying, “Hello! I’m…” then, she looked at Hyunjoong, “What?!!! You again?!!” Tiffany said in a shocked voice.

Yes!!! Any problem?” Hyunjoong replied lazily without looking at her.

After for a while, a student, who was sitting in front of Tiffany, turned her body to Tiffany. “Hi! It’s nice to meet you, I’m Eunyoung. Kang Eunyoung,” she greeted Tiffany.

Tiffany was a bit shocked as she was not expecting it and she quickly changed her angry expression. She smiled and replied, “Hi! I’m Tiffany!” she greeted her back.

-------------

[At Ying Ye high school]

School has ended. Super Boys were walking to their car. Not too long after, Donghae saw Yuri was looking for someone. Then, he quickly hid himself behind Wooyoung. “Hey, what are you doing?” Wooyoung asked Donghae in astonishment while turning his body towards Donghae.

“Don’t move! She is coming. Don’t tell her, I’m here!” Donghae begged.

But, Yuri was coming closer to them and she called Donghae while running towards them, “Dong!!!”

“Aishhh!!!” Donghae said angrily.

“What, Dong?!” Wooyoung asked while giggled. “What a cute nickname!” he exclaimed. Wooyoung, Sungmin and Onew laughed.

“Hi, Dong!” Yuri greeted Donghae happily.

“Hey!!! I have said don’t call me with that name!!! So embarrassing!!!” Donghae yelled.

“What’s wrong with that name? It’s cute!” Sungmin exclaimed.

Yuri smiled after she heard what Sungmin said. “Dong, don’t you want to introduce me to them?” Yuri asked.

“Em… she is Yuri em… em… my fiancée,” Donghae said.

“Hi!” Sungmin, Wooyoung and Onew greeted her. Sungmin who was looking at surrounding briefly, saw Soshi Girls and Yoona was coming towards them.

“Donghae!!! Yoona is coming!!!” Sungmin informed.

--------

IMPORTANT NOTES

The green words mean they talk in English. What I mean is all this time, they talk in Korean.(Just think that way)

Green words = English

Black words = Korean