Healing Power

The Vampire's Rose

“IU!” Wooyoung shouted, staring at Seung Ri.

“Now?!?!” Seung Ri asked annoyingly, earning a disapproving look from Wooyoung.

“Why are you here?” Wooyoung snapped.

“Why are you not frozen? I froze time!” Seung Ri exclaimed, staring at the clock. True, the clock had no moved.

“I did freeze. I froze earlier, and I wondered what was going on. Luna and Thunder can’t sense what was going on. I realized that I was the only one who could sense that time had froze. It was no other than you, Seung Ri, who would freeze time without my approval. So, I quickly casted a spell on me and ran to find you,” Wooyoung explained, not paying attention to IU for that specific moment.

“Without your approval?” IU asked, raising an eyebrow. Quickly realizing that he had said, Wooyoung shook his hand and head.

“N-No!” Wooyoung stuttered, “I mean, he was under my vampire language spell and he wasn’t supposed to do this.... or he would get, uh, cursed!”

Cursed?” Seung Ri hissed. He dropped his sword, accidentally scratching IU’s neck. IU screamed, as the blood poured out of the single cut. Seung Ri hissed loudly, stepping back from IU. He quickly bowed down on his knees and hands, staring at the ground.

“Sir, please don’t curse me! I beg of you, on the name of our Vampire King, please do not curse me!” Seung Ri cried. Wooyoung bit his lower lips as he glanced at the two. If I don’t kill Seung Ri right now, IU would not trust me. She would think I’m helping Seung Ri. But... I do need Seung Ri for this mission. Ah, forget Seung Ri. He could betray me just like how Yoseob did, anyways, Wooyoung thought, glaring at Seung Ri.

From time to time, you’re soul will freely fly. Of the crime you did today, you will die!” Wooyoung chanted in a vampire language. Seung Ri widened his eyes, as he saw everything turning black.

No, Seung Ri thought, I’m dying! I can’t believe it! Wooyoung! The Future Prince I had always worked for has cursed me! KYA~ The pain, the pain! What’s this pain? AH!!! At this very moment, Seung Ri felt like his soul and his body was ripping apart. The pain lasted slowly and painfully, where in reality, it was just a few second.

After a few seconds later, IU stared at Seung Ri for a moment. He did not move. He did not breath. He didn’t do anything. He’s dead, IU thought, as she glanced at Wooyoung. Wooyoung was on his knees, panting quickly. He was exhausted from the curse he had done to Wooyoung. It was one of those rare curses where you used almost all your powers. 

“Wooyoung!” IU cried weakly as she crawled up to him.

“Blood...” Wooyoung croaked, as IU frowned.

“Blood? For what?” IU asked.

“Energy... Blood!” Wooyoung cried dryly. Why would he need blood? Don’t vampires only drink blood? IU wondered, She slowly turned around, noticing that her neck was cut. Blood stained her school clothes as she brought Wooyoung’s head towards her neck. 

“Wooyoung, drink some,” IU commanded. Wooyoung stared at IU for a second, and then her blood. I need blood... But not IU’s blood! Is this what the future told me? Are my eyes turning red? Will I go crazy and eat her flesh? Wooyoung wondered, panicking.

“Wooyoung oppa, please don’t die! I need you! If Nicole unnie was here, I’d be safe, but then since you’re the only one alive that I trust, you can’t leave me! Please, just drink my blood,” IU pleaded sadly. Wooyoung hesitated for a moment. She doesn’t have a clue that I’m a vampire, Wooyoung thought as he slowly on IU’s cut. 

Soon, Wooyoung began to go overboard. He started to on IU’s blood even harder, as IU winced the pain. She bit her tongue so that she wouldn’t need to scream the pain she had been holding. Wooyoung needs his energy, IU thought, as she began to feel weak, But does he need this much of my blood?

“Wooyoung.... oppa....” IU squeaked, as Wooyoung stopped. He regained his senses back, bringing his head away from IU’s neck. The scar was still there, but this time, only a few drops of blood were dripping from the cut. Wooyoung looked away in shame, realizing how much blood he had been drinking. But they were some delicious blood, Wooyoung thought.

Wooyoung looked back at the scar, but to his amazement, the scar was disappearing. He widened his eyes as he watched the huge cut heal by itself. Wooyoung stared at IU, who seemed to look extremely pale. Is that her other power? To heal herself? Wooyoung wondered as he saw Seung Ri’s dead body. 

In a flash, Seung Ri’s body turned to stone as the wind came into the room from the window. When the wind hit Seung Ri’s lifeless body, the stone turned to ashes. The wind quickly carried the ashes away out of the window, leaving no trace of the evil vampire’s presence. Wooyoung quickly look at IU, who was panting weakly and staring at the stage. She saw it too, Wooyoung thought.

“Oppa...” IU weakly panted, “Take me home, please?” Wooyoung quickly nodded as he carried IU bridal-style. He took one more glance on the stage where Seung Ri’s body was. I’m sorry, Seung Ri, Wooyoung apologized mentally, leaving the room.