The Disappearance of the Orb

The Vampire's Rose

 

“Who are you?” IU mumbled, seeing a familiar figure gazing at the full moon. The figure did not move. IU slowly approached the figure, wondering what he was doing. 

“Excuse me.... but--” IU gasped, as the very familiar figure turned around quickly with red eyes and sharp fang. He hissed at her, ready to kill her.

“No, no... NO!” IU shouted.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

“NO!” IU shouted, sitting up. She panted quickly, looking all around her too see where she was. She breathed slowly, wiping her cold sweat with the sleeves of her sweater. 

“IU?” a familiar voice called. IU gulped quietly.

“N-Neh?” IU stuttered. Wooyoung entered IU’s room with a worried expression. He looked much more better than before when he had saved IU. IU stared at Wooyoung for a second and giggled at Wooyoung. “Nice apron.”

Wooyoung quickly blushed, taking the pink apron off of him. He fake-laughed along with IU, as he bit his lips awkwardly.

“Just wait, I’m about making you something to eat,” Wooyoung said.

“What?” IU asked, as Wooyoung left the room. 5 minutes later, Wooyoung came back with a tray. He placed the tray lightly on her lap as IU examined the food. There were chicken soup, water and some weird pearl next to it.

“What’s this?” IU asked, pointing at the pearl.

“Oh, that?” Wooyoung asked, slowly picking up the pearl, “It’s to help us regain our energy. I got it from the Mermaid Realm.”

“The Mermaid Realm?” IU laughed, putting the pearls down, “Please, Wooyoung. Mermaids are for little kids! Who believes in mermaids?”

“I do,” Wooyoung pointed out, “And so do so much others. They know that Mermaids are real. Little kids know that, too. Except humans want to erase their memory and convince that there are no such thing as magical beings.” 

“So how do you eat the pearl?” IU asked, sipping her soup.

“According to the merdoctor--”

Merdoctor? I mean, I understand about mermaid and merman, but merdocter?” IU asked, raising an eyebrow. She tried to hold out her laugh, but she failed. 

“IU, this is serious--”

“Neh~ Mianhaeyo! Continue,” IU apologized, giggling lightly.

“As I was saying. We just gulp it without water but with blood,” Wooyoung explained, holding out a nice.

“Blood?” IU asked, turning a bit pale.

“Yeah, blood. I don’t know why it’s blood, though,” Wooyoung sighed, getting up. “I’ll come back with blood from the Vampire Realm. They have tons of blood.”

“Can I go there, too?” IU asked.

“NO!” Wooyoung shouted, as IU frowned.

“Why not?” IU asked, titling her head a bit.

“Because... vampires love to eat humans! If you go, you’re going to be eaten,” Wooyoung mumbled.

“How about you? Aren’t you a human?”

“W-Well, yeah, but because I know the vampire language, I’m allowed to enter there.”

“Then teach me!”

“No.”

“Wae???”

“Look how about you stay here and eat your meal? I’ll be real quick,” Wooyoung sighed, closing the door. IU sighed deeply to herself as she drank her water. Suddenly, she heard someone laughing evilly. IU stopped whatever she was doing and looked up.

“Wooyoung?” IU asked, hearing the laughter get louder, “Wooyoung, is that you? Cause if it is you, this isn’t funny.”

“You’re so funny, IU,” Yoseob’s voice laughed. IU immediately froze.

“How did you...”

“How did I come in?” Yoseob asked, his red eyes appearing in the shadow, “Maybe you want to look at the orb?” IU gasped, getting up. She threw her tray and her food on the wall and the bed, but she didn’t care. She ran towards the glass case where the orb was supposed to be. She gasped. The orb was gone.

“Where is it?!” IU cried, hearing Yoseob laughing again. IU turned around where the shadows were. Yoseob was there, eyes red eyes shining brightly. Instantly, she saw a blue glowing ball in the shadow. IU gasped, covering . “The orb...”

“Yes, it’s the orb,” Yoseob smirked, “The only thing that could protect you.” IU slowly approached the orb. She raised her hand slowly, staring at only the blue orb.

“Come closer,” Yoseob mumbled, “Come into the shadow.” IU saw the orb going farther. She whimpered, inches away from the shadow. If I go to the shadow, I will die, IU thought, But the orb! I need it!

Right then, Wooyoung appeared from the wall with a small bottle of red liquid in it. He looked up, grinning. At once, his grin disappeared and turned to a shocked look. 

“IU!” Wooyoung shouted, pulling IU away from the shadows. Wooyoung could sense Yoseob glaring at him. IU whimpered and tried to grab the orb.

“Wooyoung, let go!” IU cried.

“No! It’s just an illusion! IU, snap out of it!” Wooyoung exclaimed.

“But that orb! I need the orb!” IU shrieked, throwing her arms and legs like a little child whining about a toy. Wooyoung looked briefly at the glass case that was supposed to protect Sapphire the Fortune Seeker. He widened his eyes, noticing that the orb was gone.

“No...” Wooyoung whispered, pulling IU back with all his strength. They were closer to the glassed cage now. Wooyoung had an idea when he saw how close he was to the glass. Mian IU, but this is for your safety, Wooyoung thought.

After a few moment, Wooyoung grabbed the thick glass case that was supposed to hold the glowing ball and smashed it on IU’s head. IU seemed puzzled for a moment. She froze, her eyes starting to roll at the back of her head. Then, she out.