Basketball

The Vampire's Rose

“Pass the ball!” a student named Jiyeon shouted. IU gulped, as she gripped tighter to the basketball. Who am I supposed to pass it to? IU thought nervously. She looked at her jersey, which was yellow. Then, she looked at the opposite jersey, which were red. Pass it to yellow, yellow, yellow, yellow! IU reminded. She gulped, and then passed it to her teammate, Luna. 

Luna swiftly caught the ball and began to run with it, bouncing the ball on the ground. You could hear sneakers squeaking on the smooth floor, and foot steps running to catch the bouncing ball. IU ran near the baskets, waving her hand up in the air. She wasn’t actually prepared for the ball to be passed to her, but it did.

The next thing IU knew was that she was holding the same orange, thick ball. She gasped, and looked at everyone. Her teammates were shouted, “SHOOT!” while the opponents shouted, “MISS!” IU turned to the basket, bent her legs, positioning herself to the basket. She got up, throwing the ball, but eventually, it missed. Her team groaned while the other team cheered. They had won 10:3. IU sighed as she sat on her bench.

The bell rang, signaling everyone it was time for Nutrition, or a short break. Everyone exited out of the gym, except IU. She sat on the bench, with the basket ball on her lap. After everyone left, she got up to practice more. However, no matter how much she positioned herself, she could never score. 

“ARGH!” she groaned in frustration, doing the exact same thing. When she positioned herself to score again, she felt a pair of cold hands on her hands. She turned slowly, seeing the new student with the jersey behind her.

“Focus on the basket, and don’t just toss it up. Focus on the basket,” Thunder informed, looking and the basket. IU awkwardly nodded, as she turned to the basket again. She held her head up high, and then bounced up, throwing the ball into the hoop.

IU then squealed loudly, clapping and jumping excitedly. She turned to Thunder and hugged him tightly. Thunder blushed, even though it was just a hug. Wait, why am I blushing for? Thunder thought, as he pushed IU away from him. IU tilted her head, wondering why Thunder had pushed her away. He’s probably those guys who doesn’t like hugs, IU thought. All she did was smile at him.

“Gomawo!” she thanked, as she shook Thunder’s cold hand. Cold hands, IU thought. She quickly grabbed the hand with her two warm hands, warming them up. Thunder stared awkward at IU. What’s she doing? Thunder thought. Then, IU breathed out on his hand with her warm breath, making Thunder hiss and run away from IU.

IU was shocked at the speed Thunder went. In just a flash, he was already behind the bleachers. Cold hands, shocking speeds.... Oh, I see, IU thought, knowing exactly what was going on.

“If you’re a vampire, I don’t have the magical blood!” IU shouted, protesting about her magical blood. Suddenly, a gush of wind blew her hair, and Thunder was right behind her in a blink of an eye. He inhaled her hair, as his nose trailed down her shoulder. 

“You have it. There’s no doubt about it,” Thunder whispered when he rose his head away from IU’s shoulder. IU gulped as she turned around.

“How do you know?” IU asked, wanting Thunder to prove that she had the magical blood. Thunder just looked at his hand, and then the basketball. He snatched the basket ball away from IU’s hand, as he made some baskets.

“We, vampires, can smell blood. It’s what we drink or eat,” Thunder explained, as he made another quick basket. All IU did was mouth in an “O”.

“Well, I, uh, better go. So--” Before IU could exit, Thunder was in front of her again. IU yelped as Thunder pinned her to the wall.

“What are you doing!?” IU shouted.

“Give me a little taste of your blood,” Thunder whispered in her ear. IU widened her eyes.

“Mwoh?! Never! Let go, you ugly, dead creature!” IU shouted, struggling. Thunder opened his mouth, and used his sharp teeth to scratch IU’s shoulder. She gasped, as Thunder began on her blood. He was finish in less than 5 seconds. IU widened her eyes. 

“A-Am I dead?” IU stuttered. Thunder wiped his mouth and grinned.

“Nope, I didn’t drink all your blood. Only a few drops. Now I know how it tastes, I really want more,” Thunder smirked. IU gulped. Suddenly, Thunder her wound.

“YA! What are you doing?!” IU shouted. But when she saw her scar, the blood was nearly gone. Now, Thunder had placed a bandage on her scar.

“Show this to Seung Ri. He can heal this, I think,” Thunder said, patting on her scar. IU pushed Thunder, glaring at him.

“It can heal itself,” IU snapped. Thunder frowned at her.

“No need to snap, girly,” Thunder barked. IU gasped and stormed out of the gym. Once she was gone, three vampires in the shadows approached towards Thunder.

“So she’s the girl?” Wooyoung asked.

“Yup, and her blood tastes good,” Thunder added, his lips.

“Plus, she’s really gullible, too,” Seung Ri agreed, chuckling.

“Make sure you just give the power to me, alright?” Wooyoung informed.

“Hold up, why do you get her power?” Yoseob asked, glaring at Wooyoung.

“Because we all agreed? You chased IU here, so you’re off the job. It’s up to Seung Ri to fool IU and get her blood. If Seung Ri fails, then Thunder will challenge IU to a game. Of course, which Thunder’s speedy power, he would win IU. After winning IU, he takes her blood and then he gives it to me,” Wooyoung finished. Thunder and Seung Ri beamed, clapping their hands while Yoseob rolled his eyes.

“Sure, what ever,” Yoseob said, exiting. All those four vampires had something in their mind. A thought that would be deceiving everyone. The four vampires kept thinking, That power would be MINE.