Coffin

The Vampire's Rose

 

“Uh...” IU groaned as she woke up. She felt dizzy and confused. Where am I? she wondered, slowly getting up. IU widened her eyes once she saw that she was in a familiar room, but this time, it wasn’t her room.

“Omo!” IU exclaimed, realizing that she was in a coffin. She spotted a figure groaning on the floor. Wooyoung?! IU was shocked to see Wooyoung on the ground with just a blanket covering him. She quickly got out of the coffin and bent near Wooyoung.

“Wooyoung.... Wooyoung oppa.... Wake up... Wooyoung oppa?” IU whispered, poking Wooyoung’s cheek. Wooyoung’s eyes slowly opened. 

“IU?” Wooyoung mumbled, slowly sitting up. IU sighed in relief gently as she got up.

“Oppa, where are we?” IU asked, looking around. This place looks so familiar! But... how can I not remember this place? IU wondered.

“My house,” Wooyoung replied, noticing that IU was out of his bed, which was the coffin.

“You sleep in a coffin?” IU asked, pointing at the coffin. Wooyoung nodded, his head still a bit fizzy.

“Why? Why don’t you sleep at a regular human’s bed? When I was in that coffin, it was really uncomfortable. Unless.... are you a.... vampire?” IU asked carefully and slowly, biting her lips. Wooyoung quickly widened his eyes, his mind sharp.

“N-no! I just visited the Vampire’s Realm and bought a coffin! I like the coffin, it’s really comfortable, you know what I mean?” Wooyoung asked, fake-laughing. IU sighed in relief and smiled gratefully.

“Oh, okay, good!” IU laughed. An awkward silence filled the room. 

“Are ponies real?” IU asked, looking at Wooyoung who got up.

“Uh, yeah. I mean, you do see ponies in Earth,” Wooyoung pointed out.

“No, like, are unicorns real?” IU asked again.

“Sure, of course! You go to the Unicorn Kingdom and they give you a free unicorn ride. I think they share the place with Pegasus, too,” Wooyoung said, staring at the ceiling, thinking hard. He never been to the Unicorn Kingdom. That’s because many Kingdoms and Realms forbid vampire to enter just in case the vampires would drink their blood.

“Can you take me there someday?” IU asked, “Because maybe if I go... I might get something out from those creatures about my powers.” Wooyoung stiffened quickly, thinking, No, you can’t go. If you know how to activate you’re powers, that would ruin my plan to take your powers.

But.... I don’t want your powers, Wooyoung continued in his thoughts, I only want you... No, Wooyoung, think straight! She’s just those humans who have a power that can rule the whole galaxy! Think about that ONLY! He looked up at IU with an awkward, crooked smile.

“Sure,” Wooyoung said. IU examined Wooyoung for a moment and then slowly nodded. I’m doubting Wooyoung oppa too much, IU thought, Trust Wooyoung oppa, IU! He’s your friend.

“Wooyoung oppa,” IU started, “Can I sleep a bit more?” Wooyoung widened his eyes, shocked that IU would actually want to sleep in his coffin again.

“Uh, sure,” Wooyoung said, “Make sure you just take those pearl pills, too.” With that, Wooyoung locked the door as IU closed her eyes gently. She carefully listened for any sign of Yoseob. Nothing. Am I alone? IU wondered, Or is Yoseob somewhere here? Aish, IU, just go to sleep! It’s probably just a bad dream...

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

“So? Where is she?” Luna asked excitedly as she spotted Wooyoung coming down the stairs. Wooyoung smiled lightly at Luna.

“In my coffin sleeping,” Wooyoung replied as he took his sit. Luna frowned about not about to see IU. I never get to spend time with IU, Luna thought sadly.

“So why did you call us?” Thunder asked.

“Yeah, why did you call us? And where is Seung Ri oppa?” Luna asked, tilting her head. Wooyoung froze for a moment, and then eased up a bit. He turned his back around the two, taking a deep breath.

“Ikilledhim,” Wooyoung said very quickly.

“Wait, what’d he say?” Luna asked, turning to Thunder. Thunder could always see or hear fast things. Thunder was staring at Wooyoung with a blank expression.

“He said he killed Seung Ri,” Thunder murmured, earning a gasp from Luna.

“Eh?! Why would he kill Seung Ri?” Luna asked, turning to Wooyoung.

“Because Seung Ri was about to kill IU without my permission!” Wooyoung exclaimed, groaning.

“But I thought that was our plan. We try to get IU’s power,” Luna pointed out.

“Plans changed. You need my permission,” Wooyoung said, turning around to face the vampires, “And now, let’s change the subject. Yoseob.”

“What about Yoseob?” Luna asked.

“Remember that blue orb we read?” Wooyoung asked as everyone nodded, “Well, IU had it to protect herself and her house in order to prevent her powers to be stolen. Now, somehow, Yoseob got ahold of it.” 

“NEH?!?!” Luna shouted, standing up. Thunder and Wooyoung shushed Luna, who sat right back down.

“What are we supposed to do?” Luna asked, “With that orb, Yoseob is invincible! Well, not exactly. Without IU’s power, he wouldn’t be invincible. Aish, why did you let Yoseob get ahold with that?” 

“I don’t know! Something happened I guess when we were going inside the house,” Wooyoung exclaimed, frustrated as well.

“Does that mean we have to kill IU and make her fall in love with her quicker?” Thunder asked. The two vampires completely ignored Thunder.

“I think... No, that... uh!” Luna grumbled, “Yoseob must’ve used his Shadow Powers! He must’ve disguised himself as your shadow or IU’s shadow! That’s how he was able to get in! Of course, how could I have forgotten?”

“Um guys--”

“For right now, we’re discuss it later,” Wooyoung sighed.

“Guys, I--”

“Yeah, you are dismissed!” Wooyoung cried out, irritated.

“No, I was saying--”

“Let’s go Thunder!” Luna sighed, pulling Thunder away from the house. Once they exited the house, Luna turned to Thunder.

“What were you going to say?” Luna asked, tapping her foot.

“I saw IU. I think she heard everything,” Thunder said truthfully, was Luna widened her eyes. Oh gosh, now you tell us, Thunder! Luna thought, doing a facepalm.