Trust

The Vampire's Rose

IU walked quickly by the hallways, as vampires began to creep upon her. She already received a couple of scratches, and she was bleeding like crazy. She began to limp once a vampire what ripped her shoulder with his fangs. 

Suddenly, she fell onto the floor, creating a small pool of blood. Her visions were becoming blurry, and she couldn’t move. She weakly called out for help, but it seemed like no one was around. Only vampires could hear this voice. I better scream, IU thought. She tried to scream, but all came out was a shrunken whisper that called out for help. The last thing she saw was a man defending her and a girl running up to her.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

IU woke up, realizing that she was at the nurse’s office. She gasped and looked around, wondering if any vampires were around. The nurse looked up and smiled at IU, who was still a bit pale.

“Finally, you’re awake! You should still rest a bit longer, though. You’re a bit pale and shaky. I’ll get you something to eat, if you’d like,” the nurse offered. IU slowly shook her head, as the nurse examined her.

“Alright, I’ll be leaving now. Oh, and some of your friends came in to see you earlier. Should I call them?” the nurse asked, getting the phone. IU nodded, hoping that it was Nicole. It wasn’t. Actually, it was Wooyoung and Luna. They came in and grinned.

“Hey, IU! I know you don’t really know me, but still! I’m Luna,” Luna greeted as she extended her hand. IU shook it. It was cold

“You’re a vampire, aren’t you?” IU asked, sighing. Luna bit her lower lips.

“Is it really easy to tell?” Luna whispered.

“Well, for me it is. I mean, cold hands usually mean vampires in my world,” IU said truthfully.

“Don’t humans have cold hands, too?” Luna asked.

“Yeah, but then yours are extremely freezing,” replied IU, who looked at Wooyoung. I still wonder if he’s a human or a vampire. When I tried to warm his hands up, there wasn’t any effect, and he didn’t try to flinch, IU thought.

“Yes?” Wooyoung asked, uncomfortable that IU was staring at him. IU shook her head and smiled at Wooyoung.

“Ani, nothing~” IU sang, looking around.

“So... do you guys know how I got here?” IU asked.

“Well, Wooyoung, the king of va--” Wooyoung quickly covered Luna’s mouth and faked-laugh.

“Aha, ha, ha! Wow, Luna, how funny you are! Look, I’ll explain everything to IU. You can wait outside and cause less trouble,” Wooyoung mumbled, as Luna rolled her eyes. She went outside, as Wooyoung sat closer to IU.

“Sorry, she’s a bit weird some times,” Wooyoung mumbled.

“You’re a human, right?” IU asked. Wooyoung nodded. Yes, he was lying, but he didn’t care.

“And you’re friends with a vampire?” IU asked. Wooyoung awkwardly nodded.

“Then.... is it safe for me to be friends with a vampire?” IU asked, thinking of Seung Ri. Wooyoung froze for a moment, and then slowly nodded.

“I also realized you protected me from those vampires. Do you have some kind of special power or something?” IU asked, facing Wooyoung.

“Uh, yeah... I can scare off vampires using a language. It seems to be some kind of curse,” Wooyoung lied. IU nodded slowly.

“Then... can I trust you?” IU asked.

“What?”

“I only trust you and my friend Nicole in this school. So please... whatever happens, do protect me,” IU pleaded, clasping her hands. Wooyoung stared at her for a moment, and then slowly nodded. IU grinned and hugged Wooyoung. He blushed, as he continued to absorb the warmth of IU. For some reason, he liked her hugging him. And he didn’t want this hug to end.

(A/N: Hello! I know I said this will be put in hiatus, but I had time to write, so I wrote this! Hope this chapter satisfy you guys for a bit! ^^)