Winner of the BasketBall Game

The Vampire's Rose

 

“Give up, yet?” Thunder asked as he heard the scoreboard beep loudly. 1 to 8. Thunder was winning. IU was exhausted. She clenched her chest, holding back her tears. This is it, IU thought, I’m going to die. I’m going to die. My life and power will be given to Thunder. Then, I can go to Heaven and meet Nicole. I’m going to die. I’m going to die…

Hey, if I was going to die, why didn’t I quit the bet? Oh yeah, because I wanted to prove that I was strong. Ya! IU, why are you crying if you want to be strong? You can’t cry!

But it’s useless. You have to cry. You can’t do anything about that. It’s hopeless. Thunder is too fast for you. He’s not even tired yet! I am so dumb. Dumb, dumb, dumb!

NO! You are strong, smart, and clever. You are better than a vampire! Humans are very knowledgeable! No, you can’t win. Thunder was super powers while you don’t. Well, you do, but you don’t believe in them. AISH! Why is it so hard? IU pondered, thinking if she should quit or not.

Mr. KV once again blew the whistle. IU had the ball in her hands. She held back her tears as much as possible. 

Suddenly, without knowing, a tear slowly fell from her cheek. Nobody had noticed this except for 3 people: Thunder, Wooyoung, and Yoseob. Thunder raised an eyebrow, stiffening up.

Why is she crying? Thunder wondered, I’m doing everything Yoseob said. She should be happy! Why is she so upset?

Gosh, YOSEOB! I hate you! Wooyoung thought, glaring at the shadows.

Psh, crybaby. I knew it. She hasn’t changed a bit, Yoseob thought plainly. 

In an instant, Yoseob felt someone grabbing onto his collar. Yoseob gasped and shot a glare at the person grabbing his color. He groaned. Wooyoung.

“What did you say to Thunder? What are you planning to do with IU? Tell me, tell me everything!” Wooyoung demanded. Yoseob smirked.

“And why should I?” Yoseob asked bravely. Wooyoung narrowed his eyes and gritting his teeth even harder, banging Yoseob to the wall. Nobody noticed because they were focusing on Thunder and IU. 

“Why are you crying?” Thunder asked, getting the courage to ask IU such a question.

“I’m going to die!” IU wailed. Thunder froze. Die? Why is she giving up so easily?

“Won’t you fight for your life? Once you give me your powers and your blood, won’t you fight to survive?” Thunder questioned.

“No! Humans need blood to survive, stupid!” IU blurted harshly. Thunder widened his eyes. How could he have forgotten something important as this? Thunder smacked himself. IU is a human. Humans need blood to live. I betted for her blood, which means all her blood. She’s going to die, even if she tries to survive. Gosh, how could I be so blind to not see that? Thunder thought, hurt.

“Thunder,” Mr. KV shouted, “Don’t fail the vampires! You are our only hope besides Wooyoung and Yoseob! Steal her powers and hand them to Wooyoung!” The vampires cheered happily. Thunder was pressured. I want to save IU. I want to please the vampires. Which one? Thunder pondered, biting his lips nervously. He glanced back at Luna, who was now strong enough to stand up.

Do what your heart tells you to do, Thunder! Luna messaged Thunder mentally, smiling weakly. Thunder nodded as he focused back to IU. He raised his hand towards where his heart was. What does my heart want? he asked himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Tell me NOW,” Wooyoung demanded for the 9th time, scratching Yoseob’s right cheek. Blood squirted out from the flesh. Yoseob groaned hatefully and swung a fist at Wooyoung. Wooyoung, being clever enough to see the hit, ducked as Yoseob missed. Yoseob hissed at Wooyoung who smirked and got up.

“I won’t let you go until you tell me,” Wooyoung demanded.

“Why are you so anxious to know? Don’t you want Thunder to kill IU get steal her powers? That’s your job, anyways,” Yoseob questioned, as Wooyoung froze. 

“Tell me. Is it that hard?” Wooyoung asked, scoffing. Yoseob scoffed back and glared at Wooyoung.

“Fine. I told Thunder that IU loved him and in order for her to prove her love to him, he would need to create this bet,” Yoseob said, using his head to point the gym. Wooyoung finally let Yoseob go after he scratched his cheeks again.

“Thank you and have a fine day,” Wooyoung snapped, running towards to tell Thunder the truth. Yoseob rolled his eyes as he touched his cheeks. It stung his cheeks. Badly. I’m so going to get you Wooyoung, Yoseob thought, putting his dark hoodie on and walking out of the gym.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Just because you’re crying, I won’t let you win,” Thunder stammered awkwardly. For some reason, it sounded weird coming out of his mouth this time. It was different from how he said that to the others who he killed. IU stayed silent. She stopped dribbling the ball. Her eyes were covered from the shadows of her bangs. More tears fell down from her cheeks. “Y-Ya, come on! Play!” 

“N-Neh...” IU mumbled, walking towards Thunder, “I-It’s just that... I can’t help but....” IU stopped talking, and gave Thunder a long kiss on his cheeks. Thunder froze. His heart skipped a beat. He turned bright red. He was dreaming. She kissed me, Thunder thought. Everyone stared at IU in shock, especially Wooyoung. IU smirked. While she was crying, she had somehow heard what Yoseob and Wooyoung was talking about. 

“SEE YA!” IU exclaimed happily, running towards the basket. She jumped up, throwing the ball in the basket. The ball rolled around the rim of the basket until…

BEEP!!! IU had scored. 2 to 8. IU had 1 more point to go, while Thunder had 2. Thunder touched his cheeks as IU handed him back the ball.

“I heard what Wooyoung and Yoseob were talking about somehow,” IU smirked, “And I found out you liked me. Still, I can’t believe you would do such a thing! And for some reason... I think I’m starting to believe in my powers more.” Mr. KV widened his eyes. No, she can’t believe in her powers! Not just yet, Mr. KV thought.

“Sure, whatever. But I’m not going easy on you still,” Thunder said, his cheeks still red from blushing too hard. IU laughed and focused on the ball.

“Bring it on, Thunder,” IU grinned. Thunder dribbled the ball quickly, dashing off the the side. Thunder gasped when he saw IU right in front of him. How...

“Like I said, I’m starting to believe in my powers,” IU smiled sly, stealing the ball from Thunder. Thunder glared at IU and dashed off to get the ball away from her. IU ran speedily, trying to find where her basket was. She spotted the hoop waiting, as if it was going to eat the basketball hungrily.

Before she knew it, she wasn’t holding the orange ball anymore. IU’s eyes grew bigger and looked behind her. 

BEEP! Went the scoreboard. Thunder had scored a point. The two were only one point away to win. IU clenched her fingers into a fish. I need to go faster, IU thought, closing her eyes, Please, let me go a bit more faster than Thunder!

Thunder handed IU the ball and Mr. KV blew the whistle. Mr. KV watched intently, his eyeballs only moving. IU dribbled the ball in the speed of light, keeping her eyes on Thunder. I can’t allow my eyes to get distracted by anyone, IU thought, My eyes have to be on Thunder. From the corner of her eyes, she saw Wooyoung closing his eyes and praying. Magically, the ball disappeared. Thunder had stolen the ball from IU. Again. IU panicked and she ran off to Thunder. 

Ha! I got the ball! I got the ball! I-- Before Thunder was able to finish his sentence, the ball disappeared. Thunder glared at IU, who was running to the other side. She was fast. Too fast. Thunder ran to catch up with IU, but his hand was too far to reach her. IU smiled smugly, jumping high in the air, letting go of the ball. 

Mianhae, Thunder oppa, IU messaged Thunder in her mind as Thunder received the message. He glanced at IU slowly, taking one more glance at her suffering face. He slowly and weakly smiled to himself. Kwenchana, IU-ah, Thunder thought to himself, Besides, if I really love you, I should let you go and live on as I die. Take care, IU... 

BEEP~! the scoreboard shouted. IU had won. IU panted continuously, staring at Thunder. He went up to IU and extended his hand.

“Nice game,” Thunder said. Just as IU was going to shake Thunder’s hand, she gasped.

“Y-You’re turning into stone!” IU pointing, as Thunder looked down at his feet. Sure enough, they were hardening and turning gray. Thunder lightly laugh and the stone crawled up faster.

“I’m supposed to turn to stone and shatter, anyways. Remember that was part of our bet?” Thunder reminded, his hand turning into stone.

“B-But--”

“Saranghae, IU-ah,” Thunder said, “Please chose carefully of who you love and follow your heart.” Soon, Thunder fully turned to stone. IU gasped and touched Thunder’s extended hand. Suddenly, his body turned to ashes. A magical wind picked up the ashes and blew the ashes out the window. IU stared at the window with awe as Mr. KV frowned.

“Obviously you really need my help, Wooyoung,” Mr. KV said, turning to Wooyoung. Wooyoung bit his lips.

“I’ll be coming frequently to substitute. For now, I’ll leave and leave things up to you, okay?”

“Neh,” Wooyoung said, bowing 90 degrees. Every vampires bowed as Mr. KV covered himself with a cape and disappeared. IU, then, collapsed on the ground. Wooyoung jumped.

“IU!” Wooyoung exclaimed, running to aid the exhausted IU. Please don’t die... please? Wooyoung hoped.

(A/N: Whew~ I think this is one of the longest chapter I have ever written O_O lolz XD To you who loved Thunder, I am sorry that he had died from losing the bet of the game T^T)