Preparing For Her Blood

The Vampire's Rose

Seung Ri danced towards IU, who was staring at him with awe. He was doing a little performance on the stage since the teacher ordered him to. The teach seemed to favor Seung Ri more than the rest of the students. Wooyoung sat behind IU, yawning and getting bored of Seung Ri showing off.

He slowly extended his hands to IU, motioning her to take his hand and dance. IU hesitated, blushing a bit. As soon as she was about to touch Seung Ri’s hand, she shook her head and pulled her hand back. She was too embarrassed to dance. She had never dance in her life.

Seung Ri frowned. It was his first time every that he was rejected by someone. Especially someone who didn’t want to dance with him. It was every girl’s dream to dance with him, but IU didn’t take the chance. Seung Ri shrugged and danced towards another girl. 

“Why didn’t you take his hand?” Wooyoung whispered. He was sitting next to IU, but she was sure that someone else was sitting next to her. She looked behind her, and it was Nicole, who was supposed to be sitting next to her.

“I-I thought you were--”

“Someone else? I get that a lot,” Wooyoung smirked, looking behind at Nicole. Nicole seemed clueless where she was sitting. IU mouthed an ‘O’ and looked at Seung Ri dancing with Jiyeon, who seemed to enjoy being with Seung Ri.

“You didn’t answer me,” Wooyoung whispered again.

“Hm?” IU asked, staring at Seung Ri. She was completely ignoring Wooyoung. Her eyes were capturing Seung Ri’s skillful movements. Wooyoung snapped his fingers in front of IU’s face.

“Ya, ya!” Wooyoung hissed. IU shook her head, snapping out of her thoughts. She turned to Wooyoung.

“Oh, sorry! You were saying?” IU asked.

“You didn’t answer my question,” Wooyoung repeated.

“What question?” IU asked, playing with a strand of her hair.

“I asked why didn’t you take Seung Ri’s hand. I thought you liked him,” Wooyoung said, looking at Seung Ri. IU glanced at Seung Ri, too. He made eye contact with IU and smiled. IU smiled back.

“I can’t dance,” IU confessed, turning back to Seung Ri’s performance. Wooyoung laughed, thinking that IU was lying. Everyone could dance! Who couldn’t? The teacher told him to be quiet, and he obeyed. He watched the rest of Seung Ri’s performance, chuckling to himself. 

After dance class, IU ran out of the classroom. She was planning to go to her locker quickly, get her belongings, and then run to her next class. Yesterday, she was stalling a bit, making the vampires attack her freely. 

However, IU was stopped when a pair of cold hands grabbed on her wrist. She gasped and turned around, struggling to be released. She calmed down once she found out who it was: Seung Ri. Seung Ri quickly let go of her hand, as IU rubbed her wrist with her other hand.

“Um, hey,” Seung Ri greeted friendly. 

“Annyeong,” IU grinned, grabbing her book tightly.

“I was, um, wondering...” Seung Ri, blushing a bit. Could vampires even blush? IU wondered. She wanted to ask that, but she found it rude to ask such a thing.

“Wondering what?” IU asked.

“After school, do you want to have some dance lessons from me?” Seung Ri asked, shuffling his feet nervously. IU flashed him a dazzling smile.

“I’d love to!” IU squealed, clinging onto her book tighter.

“Great! I’ll meet you here, alright?” Seung Ri planned, pointing in front of the stage room. IU nodded and skipped to her locker. She couldn’t wait until after school.

The same went for Seung Ri. For some reason, he was excited to talk to her and meet her alone after school. They would practice hours and hours until the moon rose into the sky. That’s when I gain my real power, Seung Ri smirked.

At night, when the moon was tossed upon the dark sky, vampires would have more power than they would have during the day. They were either stronger, faster, or smarter.

“You’re going tonight to get her blood?” Wooyoung’s voice said in Seung Ri’s mind. Wooyoung was doing telepathy.

“Of course! It’s the perfect opportunity,” Seung Ri’s voice replied.

“Isn’t it a bit too soon? She doesn’t even love you,” Wooyoung mentioned.

“True, but then she does like me. Doesn’t that count?” Seung Ri smirked evilly.

“You have no clue. Her special blood will only be transferred to you only if she loves you, not like you,” Wooyoung smeared. Seung Ri ignored Wooyoung and was getting prepared. If I fail this, she’ll know that I’m an evil vampire. Well, I better to this quickly and cleverly than, Seung Ri smirked.