Transferring IU's Powers

The Vampire's Rose

"Wooyoung… You idiot," IU murmured, wiping her tears on Wooyoung's chest. Wooyoung didn't respond. Yoseob dragged his body next to IU. He took a deep breath and groaned from the sudden pain from his lungs. He eased his pain, and looked up at IU.

"Heal… me," Yoseob breathed. IU slowly opened her eyes and stared at Yoseob, who was lying next to her.

"Wae? Wae?! Why should I heal someone who is a coward like you? You didn't even try to defend yourself!" IU shouted angrily, half-blaming her problems on Yoseob. Yoseob flinched and bit his lips weakly.

"I… Heal me," Yoseob demanded. IU got up on her feet, angry.

"WAE?! Just tell me your stupid reason! Your unworthy to be listened and to healed for! Just die already! Why couldn't you die and Wooyoung oppa injured?!?!" IU yelled, bursting into tears once more. Yoseob flinched more once, hurt. IU's words were like swords slashing against Yoseob's cold-hearted heart.

"Mianhae…" Yoseob whispered. IU exhaled and inhaled deeply and quickly, making little hiccups sound. 

"You're sorry? Sorry? What's that going to do? Huh? Is that going to bring Wooyoung Oppa back? Huh?!" IU shouted, raising her voice higher and higher.

"Just heal me! I… I was wrong," Yoseob yelled back, wheezing. He coughed out some blood, as IU closed her eyes shut. Just someone kill me right now, IU wished, Just someone kill me. I don't wanna live here anymore. Just someone… Someone just take me somewhere far away from this world. No, take me far away from this life. I never even asked for superpowers or anything. I never asked to be someone special. I never wanted my true love to die. I never wanted any of this. Is there some way to just go back in time or something?!

"Fine. I'll heal you. Under one condition, though," IU said, holding up her finger, "You have to kill me." Yoseob widened his eyes, shocked that IU would say such a thing. Kill… IU? Kill her? Is she insane?! I…I… I can't kill her. My body is neglecting me. No… my heart is neglecting me. It would've been such an easy task, but now? I can't. I don't want to bear the pain of killing the girl I love, Yoseob thought, shaking his head.

"Kill you? Ha… Kill you? You're insane, IU. No, you're mad," Yoseob stated, slowly dragging himself up with a nearby stick, "You're just as mad as I was. To kill someone like you, who was a reason to live. Ha, you're a fool to be wanted to be killed."

"I have to die! It's for Wooyoung's sake," IU whimpered. Yoseob cut IU off.

"For Wooyoung's sake? How about for me?! Why don't you do anything for me?!" Yoseob shouted, jealous boiling inside, "IU, can't you see it by now? I love you!" IU froze, widening her eyes. Yoseob wanted to blush, but he lacked the blood he needed to blush. He his lips nervously and looked away, dropping his stick as he collapsed on the ground. IU took a step forward, but then stopped. Yoseob loves me. Yoseob loves me. He wants me to live. But… I love Wooyoung. Wooyoung loves me. What do I do? IU wondered, biting her lips awkwardly.

"I…"

"Just think about this," Yoseob said, facing IU once more, "Would Wooyoung want you to die?" IU stiffened even more, as she thought about that question for a moment. Would Wooyoung want me to live or to die? If I die… I can be with Wooyoung Oppa! But if I live… he'll watch over me by spirit, IU thought, staring at Wooyoung. Just then, a sudden idea popped in her head. She clapped her hands loudly as she ran towards Yoseob.

"I'll heal you!" IU said, closing her eyes softly. Her eyes turned pink, as her powers started to heal Yoseob's wounds. Yoseob closed his eyes softly, as a pink aurora surrounded the two of them. Quickly, Yoseob's injuries disappeared in a flash. After IU was done healing Yoseob, she kneeled besides Wooyoung. She leaned towards his lips and gave him a gentle peck. His lips were cold and frozen, as if his blood was replaced by ice. She closed her eyes and placed her two fragile hands on Wooyoung's chest. 

"Wooyoung Oppa… I'm going to give my powers to you. So even if you're in pain, bare it for a while," IU whispered, as she concentrated on giving half her powers to Wooyoung. This way, Wooyoung would have the power to live! Then, he can revive. If I'm correct, I'm not too late to heal him! IU thought, hoping to revive Wooyoung. Yoseob watched IU, doing nothing. He sighed deeply, knowing that he had no chance of winning IU's affection. He lost, and he actually admitted that he lost for the first time. 

Wooyoung likes IU. No, he loves IU. IU loves him back. I can't do anything but say… Congratulations, Wooyoung, for winning such a lovely, special girl's heart, Yoseob thought, as he found Wooyoung slowly waking up. IU gasped, thrilled to see her lover awakening by her powers. After Wooyoung fully opened his eyes, IU started healing Wooyoung's wounds. His wounds faded and were replaced with fresh, new skin. IU stopped transferring her powers to Wooyoung's body. Wooyoung was alive now, and he looked confused and dizzy.

"IU, is that you?" Wooyoung mumbled. IU giggled with pride as she pulled Wooyoung to a deep, soft kiss. Wooyoung kissed back, one of his hand on IU's hair while the other was on IU's waist. IU wrapped her arms around Wooyoung's neck. Somewhere, roses of petals began to fall down, showering them with romance. Yoseob smiled softly as he watched from the shadows. 

Suddenly, IU started to feel weak. She felt boney and pale, as Wooyoung's image started to blur. She pulled back quickly, and collapsed on Wooyoung. He widened his eyes, shocked and scared. 

"I-IU? IU?!" Wooyoung cried, shaking IU frantically. IU began to feel dizzy. She knew why she was feeling this way. It was simply because she used her powers too much. She knew that without all of her powers, she would be weakened. Especially since half of her powers were gone, she no longer had any support. IU slowly opened her eyes half-way and reached her hand towards Wooyoung's cheek.

"I'm… fine," IU breathed, as she closed her eyes and fainted.