Green Eyes

The Vampire's Rose

 

“Thunder, are you crazy? You’re out of your mind!” Luna screeched nervously and weakly as Thunder kept his eyes on IU. IU did the same, but she glared at Thunder. What’s he planning? Why’s he doing this? Where’s Wooyoung oppa? IU wondered, questions popping in her head.

“So how about it? You blood and power for my life.”

“Thunder!” IU yelled, getting angrier.

 

Flash Back:

“So that’s what’s happening,” IU mumbled once Luna had revealed the story of Mr. KV, aka: Vampire King. “I still can’t believe it. Wooyoung. I mean, he’s protected me throughout the past months and weeks, but he’s still a vampire. He’s supposed to eat me, yet he keeps saving me.”

“I don’t even know if I should tell you this or not. And usually, I know,” Luna murmured, sighing deeply. IU smiled weakly at Luna.

“You did the right choice, Luna. I’m thankful of you telling me the truth about Wooyoung and everything,” IU said gratefully, “But still...”

“But still what?” Luna asked.

“I doubt I still have special powers. I mean, Nicole told me this a billion times but then I thought she was lying or just joking around since something happened to her,” IU said truthfully. Luna sighed.

“And that’s the problem. If you believe that you have powers-- no, if you believe in your powers-- then you can chase off the vampires off this world!”

“But your planet is dying! What will happen then?” IU asked worriedly.

“Trust me, it’s best if two species stayed away from each other, even if one of them was dying,” Luna said, nodding her head. Suddenly, the door burst opened quickly. IU and Luna widened their eyes. In a blink, they found Thunder in front of IU.

“Luna, Prince Wooyoung will be very disappointed in you,” he hissed, as Luna gulped. He quickly grabbed Luna’s hair and spun her around. Then, he released his grips, as Luna knocked herself on the wall. A loud ‘BOOM!’ echoed in the school. Soon, students gathered around Luna, Thunder and IU. Thunder turned to IU and pointed at her.

“Let’s play a game of bet. We’ll play basketball. If I win, you give me your blood and your power. If I lose, I’ll shatter into stone and disappear in this world forever,” Thunder suggested. IU widened her eyes. 

“W-What?” she stuttered.

“You know what Luna told you. I make a deal with people, play a game with people, and when I win, I eat them up,” Thunder said, his lips. IU froze, unsure of what to do.

Flash Back Ended.

 

“So, this young girl is IU?” Mr. KV questioned. The students all around--even the humans-- nodded slowly. Mr. KV examined IU and smirked. “How sad. She’s such a weakling.”

“What?” IU snapped, glaring at Mr. KV. Suddenly, she stopped glaring when she saw Wooyoung bursting the door opened, panting. He looked nervously around the gym, as if he was looking for someone. He caught IU’s eyes and ran towards her.

“IU!” Wooyoung yelled.

“Wooyoung oppa...” IU blinked.

“IU! Stop what you’re doing!” Wooyoung exclaimed, “You’re way to weak to battle Thunder!” IU clenched her fingers into a fist. I’m sick of people calling me weak, IU thought angrily, I’m sick of people thinking I’m weak. I had others risk their lives in order to protect me. I owe them. A lot.

‘Don’t do it, IU!’ a very familiar but spooky voice cried. IU froze in shock. She looked all around her. N-Nicole? IU stuttered in her thoughts.

‘Please don’t go! You don’t owe anyone anything!’ Nicole’s voice mumbled faintly. I have to! It’s the only way to show if I really do have powers or not! Plus, if I die, I can be with you! IU thought happily and nervously at the same time.

‘It doesn’t matter. All that matters is that somehow, you will win against Thunder and then something bad will happen. Really bad,’ Nicole whispered quietly, her voice shaking. How do you know? IU wondered in her mind.

‘I read your destiny,’ Nicole said, ‘Please don’t do it, IU. You don’t owe anyone anything. Please?’ IU paused for a moment, and then smirked, replying to Nicole.

Nicole, if it’s in my destiny, I have no choice to fight Thunder oppa, right? IU asked mentally. Silence filled their communication. IU heard a soft sigh.

‘Do whatever you want, IU. I just hope that you’ll be safe. Don’t do anything dangerous, arraso? Nicole said.

Neh~ IU replied cutely in her mind as she sensed Nicole’s voice fading, saying, ‘Hwaiting... Hwaiting... Hwaiting!

“Dude, IU, are you okay?” A sudden voice interrupted her. IU shook her head quickly and looked up at Thunder. Everyone stared at her with fright.

“Did you see her?” someone whispered.

“Her eyes... they turned green!”

“Can this school get even scarier and weirder?”

“I wonder if Superman is alive, then!” IU raised an eyebrow. My eyes turned... green? IU thought as she stared at Wooyoung. Wooyoung gulped. She traveled to the dream world, Wooyoung thought, And you can’t travel to the dream world at all! That’s impossible! 

“You see, my son,” Mr. KV said, “This is why we need her powers. We can even go to the dream world and conquer the dreams with nightmares.” IU smiled weakly at Wooyoung and glared back at Thunder.

“I accept you’re challenge!” IU yelled bravely. Murmurs and whispers filled the gym. Thunder smirked as Mr. KV laughed evilly.

“Boy, this school is so much fun!” Mr. KV exclaimed, laughing even harder and more horribly.