Wooyoung's Heart

The Vampire's Rose

"I'm here again?" Wooyoung grumbled. Black. Everything was black. He couldn't see anything except a bright, white light. It was so bright, he had to look the other way. Darkness filled the cold, empty room. 

"Yo!" Seung Ri greeted, "Why are you here?"

"The question is, where am I?" Wooyoung asked, biting his lower lips.

"Isn't it kind of obvious? We're in your heart," Seung Ri said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. Wooyoung raised an eyebrow.

"My heart? So what, I'm dead?" Wooyoung asked.

"Er… Not really. Like, your feeling kind of heart. I just came back to send a message to IU. I got a TV as a reward!" Seung Ri exclaimed happily.

"What? You can get a TV anytime! Help me get out of here," Wooyoung mumbled.

"Um… Sorry! Can't! The Demon said that you have to stay until 'the time is right.' Don't ask me when it is! All I know is that it's the golden rule in this realm," Seung Ri said, holding his hands up half-way. Wooyoung snarledat Seung Ri.

"That reminds me… aren't you dead?" Wooyoung asked, pointing at Seung Ri.

"Huh? Oh, yeah! I just live in your soul, heart, whatever you want to call it. Come and watch some TV with me! Too bad the only channel is about what you see in the otherside world," Seung Ri sighed, turning on the TV. Wooyoung took a seat next to Seung Ri, staring at the screen. He gasped and ran up to the TV.

"IU!" Wooyoung shouted, grabbing the side of the TV.

"Aw, move it! We're not out there! Right now, your locked inside yourself. Your other self came out, sadly. I'm your 'watcher.' Really, this is a bit of an honor and not," Seung Ri said, blabbering about random things. Wooyoung gritted his teeth.

"Wooyoung," a scratchy voice called. Wooyoung stared back television screen. It was IU calling for him.

"Yeah?" Wooyoung whispered. Seung Ri laughed.

"Dude, you're talking to yourself. IU can't hear you!" Seung Ri explained. Still staring at the screen, Wooyoung bit his lips nervously.

"I know you're somewhere there, Wooyoung oppa. Can you hear me?" IU asked weakly. Suddenly, the screen moved back and forward. A loud growl roared across the room as Wooyoung saw IU being thrown against the wall. He knew where they were.

"The Vampire's Assembly… W-Why is she there?!" Wooyoung asked, turning to Seung Ri for an answer.

"Oh, it's a bit obvious. You see, your 'beast' lives inside your heart. When your 'beast' finds a weak point, it would switch places with you. So basically, your real soul is in your heart, while the beast's soul is controlling your body. Anyways, while you were unconscious or whatever, Yoseob took IU away. You were fighting with the 'beast', but you lost and eventually the 'beast' came out. So IU was taken to the assembly. Yoseob was about to be rewarded, but it was impossible for him to do anything or steal IU's power since IU doesn't love him," Seung Ri explained, chewing on some popcorns.

"B-Beast?" Wooyoung stuttered.

"Yeah, it's a complicated history. Happens every 500 year. A vampire is chosen to carry the soul of the 'beast.' The vampires that are chosen, however, are unique. You're unique, Wooyoung. You're a quarter of everything!" Seung Ri laughed excitedly.

"T-This isn't fair…" Wooyoung mumbled. He pointed at Seung Ri, scrunching his eyebrows, "Then why are you living here? Why aren't you down there?"

"Hm? Oh, this is my punishment. I have to live in your heart and try to tame the 'beast.' Don't worry, I don't affect you or anything. Anyways, I haven't been able to tame the 'beast' very well lately. It seemed… hungry."

"Hungry? For what?"

"For possibly power, blood, or even love."

"Power, blood, or love? IU has all those… So its trying to attack IU?!" Wooyoung screeched, shocked.

"Um, no. The 'beast' wants revenge. It can also feed on revenges, too. It's trying to kill Yoseob. But then Yoseob is already dead. Or, at least it thinks Yoseob is dead," Seung Ri explained with a shrug.

"So Yoseob is alive…" Wooyoung whispered to himself. He got up and approached Seung Ri with a serious face. "How do I get out of here?" Seung Ri laughed at the question.

"You can't. Unless the 'beast' wants to come back home in your heart," Seung Ri said with a smirk, snickering at poor Wooyoung. Wooyoung clenched his fist and banged it against the brand-new TV. Seung Ri gasped.

"H-Hey! That's a new TV! I can only see what's happening in the outside world with that! Don't smash it!" Seung Ri stuttered. 

"Tell me how to get out of here! I need to tame myself!" Wooyoung shouted angrily, staring at Seung Ri with dark, scary eyes. Seung Ri gulped.

"The only way you can get out is by heading towards the Dream World. They have answers for everything," Seung Ri said. Suddenly, his eyes became cold as ice. "And that's where Thunder is. He's a betrayer, a disgrace to the four of us."

"Thunder? He's actually at the Dream World?" Thunder gasped.

"Yes! That's the part I hate most about going to the Dream World. Gah!" Seung Ri grumbled, throwing his hands up. Wooyoung took a deep breath and sat down in front of the TV.

"Hey! I'm watching something! Move!" Seung Ri barked.

"No, I have to concentrate on going to the Dream World," Wooyoung said, shaking his head. He thought about how he would be able to go to the Dream World to visit Thunder. He thought about trying to find the answer to lock his 'beast' and free his real self. He thought about all his friends that supported him on this journey and quest. He especially thought hard about IU, who was currently suffering from the 'beast.' Thinking about IU, Wooyoung felt dizzy. He felt like he was going to float in air and he felt that his heart was going to burst any moment now. Dream World, Dream World, Dream World! Take me to the Dream World for IU for once! Wooyoung pleaded, praying to the Dream World to take him. 

Suddenly, a warm wind blew around Wooyoung. He slowly opened his eyes, quickly squinting them when he saw light. Light! I'm not in my heart! Wooyoung thought, I'm somewhere else! But… where?

"Yo, Wooyoung! How ya' been?" a friendly voice greeted. Wooyoung stiffened, knowing who that voice belonged to. He slowly turned around, his heart bursting with happiness. A slow, crooked smile grew on Wooyoung's face. 

"Hey Thunder! It's been fine… I think."

 

A/N (Author's Notes): Okay, so I have a feeling that you might be wondering about the setting and everything. Let me clear things up a bit: This chapter is based on Wooyoung, as you can see. Wooyoung is in his "heart," and can't communicate with the outside world. The outside world, though, is the Wooyoung with red eyes, and that Wooyoung with red eyes is known as the 'beast.' In order to get out of his heart, he has to visit the Dream World, find the answers to his question, and then solve his problems back at his "heart." Confusing? Then just ignore it. :P