The Myth of the Blue Orb

The Vampire's Rose

 

“Wooyoung, you look like you’ve seen a garlic or something,” Thunder said worriedly as they sat down on a bench under a large tree. Wooyoung looked shocked and frightened as he drank some blood from a carton. He slowly shook her head, as Luna rolled her eyes. 

“He’s been like that the whole day,” Seung Ri sighed, “Still, scared, and...alive.”

“Alive?” Thunder and Luna said in unison.

“Yeah! You know how we look dead? But he seems look a bit more alive,” Seung Ri pointed out, seeing more darker color on Wooyoung. Wooyoung glared at the three and shook his head.

“I’m fine,” he mumbled.

“That’s his first word today, too!” Seung Ri gasped.

“I think he used his powers too much these days,” Luna mumbled.

“What exactly is his powers, anyways?” Thunder asked. Luna and Seung Ri stared at Thunder, gaping at him.

“You seriously don’t know?” Seung Ri asked. Thunder nodded as he stared at Wooyoung.

“Okay, I’ll explain,” Luna offered, clearing , “Your power, Thunder, is speed. Seung Ri’s power is to freeze time. My power is to mimic animal sounds.”

“I don’t get how copying an animal sound can help,” Thunder said, scratching his head. Luna sighed as she opened , taking a deep breath.

ROAR!” Luna roar loudly, copying a lion’s roar. The students quickly turned around, screaming and running. Luna smiled as she turned to Thunder, saying, “See?”

“That’s so lame. Why would their be a lion when we’re super far away from Arizona?” Thunder asked lamely.

“Dude, lions live in Africa, not Arizona,” Seung Ri pointed out.

“Nerd,” Thunder snapped, sticking his tongue out.

“Quiet! Let me continue! As I was saying, we all have special powers. Wooyoung’s power, though, can erase memories. He can also add new memories if he would like to. However, depending on the magical or nonmagical being’s strength, he has a limited amount to erase or replace the memories. For IU, because her powers are much, much stronger than Wooyoung, he has to use all his mental energy to erase part of her memory. And that’s only part. He can’t replace it fully or anything all that,” Luna explained, smoothly finishing the tale of Wooyoung’s power. Seung Ri and Thunder clapped loudly, hooting as the students who were scared of Luna’s roar came back.

“Bravo! That was an awesome explanation! And I don’t even understand a word you were talking about!” Thunder exclaimed, as the other three stared at him.

“Luna, you’re a smart one, right?” Wooyoung asked Luna who stopped.

“Yup!” Luna beamed proudly, as Thunder rolled his eyes.

“You have the magical book right now, right?” Wooyoung asked again. Luna opened her bag and searched for a small pocket book. She took it out as she enlarge it. It looked like the Bible, except the book looked more older, thicker and the cover wrote, ‘Books of Secret.’ Wooyoung quickly snatched the book and flipped the pages.

“B.... B.... Blue.... Blue Orb... Blue  O.... Blue Orb! Here!” Wooyoung exclaimed as he saw a picture of a blue orb appear. The image popped out of the book as Wooyoung examined the picture.

“Luna, what does this say?” Wooyoung asked, raising an eyebrow. Luna sighed as she went next to Wooyoung to see what it wrote.

“This Blue Orb is called ‘Sapphire the Fortune Seeker.’ Legends speak that a girl named Sapphire had told lies about the future to others using this orb. The Vampire King punished this little girl by taking her soul and locking it inside the ball. Feeling pity for this Sapphire girl, the Vampire Queen surrounded a safe guard in this orb. The person who holds this item is protected by the orb and is able to see the future. Others may see their own futures, too, by staring at the orb for a few second. Wow, this is quite interesting! Wooyoung, did you know anything about this?” Luna asked after she had finished reading. Wooyoung bit his lower lips as he quickly spotted IU alone, eating her lunch. She was leaning against the tree as many male vampires surrounded her. 

“I need to talk to IU,” Wooyoung said, “Excuse me.” He ran towards IU, as he left Luna, Thunder, and Seung Ri dumfounded. Luna turned the page and gasped.

“Hey! There is another page!” Luna exclaimed as Thunder and Seung Ri surrounded her, “Of course, the orb telling the future is a myth! However, the orb does protect the person who controls this orb. In addition, Sapphire’s, the little girl who told lies about the future, soul still lurks in the orb, showing fake visions to the person staring at the orb. Wow! This is so awesome! I really want to see the orb one day.”

“Shouldn’t we tell Wooyoung about this part?” Thunder asked, as Seung Ri laughed.

“No way! He’ll find out anyways,” Seung Ri smirked as he walked away.

“Where ya going?” Thunder asked.

“To create my plan to steal IU’s power, of course!” Seung Ri replied.

“Shouldn’t you tell Wooyoung?” Luna asked.

“Of course not! He got in my way before. This time, I can do things myself,” Seung Ri smirked, going inside the school hall.