The Bloody Locker

The Vampire's Rose

A group of crowd gathered around IU’s locker. IU gulped, holding tightly to Nicole’s hand. She was scared now. Who on earth would do such a thing? IU thought, as her knees began to tremble. On her locker, someone had wrote in red letters this:

 

Die Or Give 

-From You-Know-Who

 

As much as she wanted to feel clueless who had wrote this, she already had an idea of who it was. A vampire, but who? IU thought curiously. She felt the red writing, and she knew exactly that it had to be a vampire. It was blood. 

“Vampires,” she whispered, fear in her voice. 

“MOVE IT! GET OUT OF THE WAY! MOVE!” a familiar voice shouted through the crowd. When the person arrived, it was Jiyeon. Jiyeon smirked when she saw the writing on IU’s locker. IU turned around nervously, scanning around the crowd. She knew-- by heart-- that the person who wrote this was here. Suddenly, she saw someone covered by a black cape and hood walking away. 

“Er... Nicole, can you get rid of the blood or something? I need to check something up, alright?” IU said quickly, running towards the man in black. A few minutes later, she had caught up with the man.

“YA! You! Remove your hood!” IU demanded. The man stopped, and IU could feel him smirk. He turned around, but did not remove his hood. It was impossible to see how he looked like. She groaned.

“I said remove your hood this instant!!!” IU shouted. The man turned back, his back facing her. Suddenly, he dashed off, running like a wild hog.

“Y-YA!” IU yelled, running after the person. She ran and ran and ran for a few minutes, but then got tired. She saw the man take a turn to a hall, and that was supposed to be the dead end of the hall. IU smirked to herself. At least I got him cornered! IU thought happily. She dashed to the corner.

As she was about to turn, she bumped into a muscular man. She fell on the ground, letting out a big “OOF!” 

“Woah, careful!” a familiar, kind voice said, helping IU up. IU got up quickly and looked at the wall. She widened her eyes. I-Impossible! He couldn’t have just went through the wall! IU thought. There was no man dressed in black. It was only Wooyoung, who was on a big lollipop.

“You okay?” Wooyoung asked, studying IU. IU looked up at Wooyoung’s face admiringly. She hesitated for a moment, thinking that Wooyoung could’ve been the vampire. But... he’s too kind to be a vampire. It’s impossible for him to be a vampire! He’s so... different, IU thought, changing her mind. She smiled lightly at Wooyoung and nodded.

“Y-Yeah, I’m fine,” IU replied with a weak smile.

“You don’t look so well. Do you need to go to the nurse?” Wooyoung asked. IU shook her head, looking back at the wall.

“Well, I’ll be going then. Bye,” Wooyoung said with a wave. IU nodded, and then rubbed her arm. She felt something wet. She looked at her arm and widened her eyes. Blood was on her arm. And she wasn’t even bleeding. She looked back at the direction Wooyoung left. 

“W-Wait!” she called. Wooyoung, who was pretty far away from her, turned around.

“Yeah?” Wooyoung shouted. IU ran towards Wooyoung and looked at his hand. Blood was on his finger.

“W-What happened here?” IU asked. Wooyoung looked at his hand and bit his lower lips.

“Don’t touch it! I saw someone come by that hall and then he shook my hand. Suddenly, in a blink of an eye, he disappeared. Into the shadows, just like that. I couldn’t believe it at first, but he was gone. And the blood was in my hand. I need to go wash it, and I don’t want you to get sick,” Wooyoung explained. IU sighed in relief. Okay, good, he’s not a vampire, nor he is the vampire who wrote on my locker, IU thought thankfully. She released Wooyoung, allowing him to go to the “restroom.” 

As Wooyoung headed towards class, he began to the blood on his hand. He went inside his backpack and took out the black robe he was running a while ago. He couldn’t help but smirk.

“It’s either I’m really good at this, or IU is just plain dumb,” Wooyoung snickered to himself.