Mistaken

The Vampire's Rose

 

“Wooyoung?” IU called as she approached downstairs. She heard what Wooyoung was saying. She heard their conversation. Now, she needed answers. Wooyoung froze quickly, then he slowly turned around.

“How long were you here?” Wooyoung asked.

“For the entire conversation,” IU whispered. Wooyoung gulped, widening his eyes.

“IU, that conversation wasn’t what you think--”

“I’m very grateful for you controlling the vampires to protect me, but please, I really need only you to protect me,” IU said thankfully. Wooyoung tilted his head.

“Wait, exactly how long were you here?” Wooyoung asked.

“When you guys talked about Yoseob. Though, Thunder didn’t say much, sadly. And what did he mean about killing me and making me fall in love with him faster?” IU asked, tilting her head. Wooyoung scrunched his eyebrows.

“What are you talking about? Thunder didn’t even say anything, did he?” Wooyoung asked, trying to remember what Thunder was talking about.

“I don’t know. Must’ve been my imagination, then. Anyways, Wooyoung I am thankful for Thunder and Luna protecting me, but please, don’t let them get in danger. I mean, I’m willing to risk my own life instead of theirs! I only asked you to protect me. Besides, I don’t like Thunder very much. He gives me the chills,” IU said gently, trying to not hurt Wooyoung’s feeling. Wooyoung examined IU for a second and then nodded.

“Okay, I won’t ask Thunder or Luna to help me. But if I can’t handle a problem, then I’m calling those two,” Wooyoung said. IU nodded as she headed outside.

“Wooyoung oppa, I’ll be going now,” IU said. Just then, the door burst opened by itself.

“WOOYOUNG! IU--” Luna stopped and spotted IU staring at her with wide eyes. Luna glanced at Wooyoung, who gave her the look that wrote, ‘I-got-everything-covered.’ Luna nodded in reply as she smiled.

“Oh! Hi! I was just telling Wooyoung that I came to give you these bracelets I borrowed from you!” Luna lied, handing IU her own bracelet. IU raised an eyebrow.

“What do you mean? I never had--” IU stopped, as something popped up. Luna turned to Wooyoung and raised her eyebrows. Wooyoung was changing IU’s memory that moment.

“Oh wait, um, yeah, I think you borrowed these bracelet. Thanks,” IU mumbled, taking the bracelets and leaving the house. Luna and Wooyoung sighed in relief once IU was gone.

“Gosh, that was close!” Luna exclaimed.

“I know! I thought she really did hear the entire conversation instead of part of it! Whew, I was getting so sweaty, I don’t want to lose her already,” Wooyoung confessed.

You don’t want to lose her already? What does that supposed to mean?” Luna asked, raising an eyebrow, teasing Wooyoung. Wooyoung quickly blushed as he shook his head.

“I-It’s not that I love her, i-i-it’s just that I don’t want to lose her blood and powers already, you know what I mean?” Wooyoung stuttered, turning red. Luna smirked as Thunder entered the house.

“OH MY GOSH, I THINK IU TRIED TO KISS ME!” Thunder exclaimed, panting hard. Luna widened her eyes as Wooyoung was filled with jealousy.

“What are you talking about?” Luna asked, wanting to hear the whole story.

 

Flash Back:

Thunder saw Luna run inside the house. He stood outside, not sure what to do. After a few moments, he saw Luna come out of the house. Or he thought he did. Quickly, he ran towards ‘Luna’s’ face with his speedy power.

“What happened?” Thunder asked, once ‘Luna’ raised her head. Thunder widened his eyes, as IU froze. When IU rose her head, they were now inches away from their lips. Does she like me? Should I take her power? What should I say? Thunder wondered. Instead, he quickly stepped away from IU, unsure of what to do.

“Thunder,” IU hissed, gritting her teeth, “Don’t think I don’t know what you’re up to! You’re not taking my blood or my powers! I have Wooyoung to protect me.” IU smirked and walked pass Thunder, who just glanced at her weirdly. 

Flash Back Ended.

 

Wooyoung sighed in relief, glad that it was just all a misunderstanding. By the time Thunder finished his flash back story, Wooyoung found Thunder on the ground, groaning and holding his head tightly. Luna was glaring at Thunder. Wooyoung laughed. Luna had just used her parrot squawk directly in Thunder’s ear.

“YA!” Luna shouted, kicking Thunder’s back, “Why on earth would you think that I’m IU?? Huh? And plus, why were you that close to IU’s face? Perhaps... do you like her?” Wooyoung stiffened, biting his lower lips. Thunder widened his eyes, blushing. 

“W-Why would I like IU? She’s just a human slave,” Thunder exclaimed, looking away. Wooyoung bit his lips. That’s not the answer I wanted to hear, Wooyoung thought, I wanted to hear a no. Luna studied Thunder for a moment and then nodded.

“Sure, whatever you want to say. I’ll be going now. We’ll start a new plan tomorrow,” Luna suggested, closing the door. Thunder nodded as he, too, got out of the house. Wooyoung was alone, thinking over what Thunder had said. Now I have another competition, Wooyoung thought, groaning.