Learning Your Powers (Part 3/3)

The Vampire's Rose

"Okay, you mastered the elements?" Jiyeon said, wanting to make sure. IU nodded awkwardly. Jiyeon sighed. "What are you having trouble on?"

"Um… Nothing particular. Just the healing power. I can't seem to use that with my hands," IU explained, shifting back and forward.

"Healing doesn't matter. At least, for now. Today, we're going to teach you how to use your weapon."

"My weapon? Jiyeon unnie, I have no weapon–"

"That's why I'm going to let you chose your weapon. I have a couple of them here. If you don't like any of them, just tell me, arraso?" Jiyeon said, ignoring whatever IU was saying. IU just nodded, as she watched Jiyeon use her magic wand to pull out a cart full of weapons. IU widened her eyes. Oh my gosh…

"Where did you get all of these, unnie?" IU gasped, holding and grabbing onto an axe.

"That's not important. What's important is you getting the right weapon," Jiyeon said, noticing that IU had a hard time holding the axe.

"Right…"

"So you want Wyatt?"

"What?"

"Wyatt, that's the axe's name."

"You got to be kidding me. These weapons have names?" IU scoffed, as Jiyeon nodded.

"Of course."

"What does 'Wyatt' mean?"

"War strength," Jiyeon grinned cheekily. IU laughed, and then instantly stopped when she saw Jiyeon frowned.

"Er… No, 'Wyatt' is too heavy," IU mumbled, putting the axe back. She skimmed the weapons, hearing their begs and pleads. It seemed like the weapons called out to IU, shouting, 'Pick me! Pick me!'

"How about this?!" IU exclaimed, holding out a wooden club. It was light, and it seemed effective.

"You're kidding me. The goblins used that club."

"So?! It's light!"

"It's weak."

"Fine…" IU grumbled, putting the wood back.

"Be realistic! If you just choose a random weapon, they might not want to bond with you because you are too weak or too strong," Jiyeon warned, as IU nodded. She skimmed once more, and found a bow and arrow.

"What's this guy name?" IU asked.

"The bow is Egor, while the arrows don't have a name. You can name them if you want to."

"Really? Cool!"

"But is it really worth it?"

"What do you mean?"

"Does the bow and arrow meet your match?" Jiyeon quizzed, as IU seemed puzzle. She stared at the bow. She widened her eyes. It was rotting. Quickly, she placed it back down on the cart. As quickly as it rotted, the bow and arrows returned to normal. She slowly nodded, rubbing her hands. So if the weapons rot, they don't want me. IU thought, noticing a wand. She slowly picked it up.

"Pamina. That wand can turn into a flute. A great disguise, but you have to really master the music element," Jiyeon explained. IU grinned.

"Nah, I like guitars better," IU smiled, putting the want back. Now, she had trouble finding the right weapon. She bit her lips, trying to grab the right weapon. Suddenly, something golden and bright shimmered in IU's eyes. It practically blinded her, but she was able to reach the weapon. When she did, she opened her eye slowly. Jiyeon widened her eyes.

"Sharif," IU whispered.

"You knew?" Jiyeon asked. It's not rotting! It's impossible! I must be blinded, Jiyeon thought, rubbing her eyes.

"Um… I'm not sure. I just grabbed it, and it kind of said its name. Sharif… 'honor', right?" IU asked, turning to face Jiyeon. She widened her eyes. Jiyeon seemed pale. Very pale.

"Unnie, are you okay?" IU asked, worried.

"Y-Yeah… I can't believe it. Sharif won't rot!" Jiyeon exclaimed.

"So?"

"Sharif is a very stubborn weapon. Never wants to cooperate with anyone. Even the strongest one couldn't cooperate with it. You should be honored holding Sharif! It's one of the best weapons, except Excalibur. Excalibur was the legendary sword."

"Wow… Um, thanks?" IU said awkwardly, talking to the sword. The light beamed on the sword even brighter. Is that a reply or something? IU wondered.

"Eh hem… Moving on!" Jiyeon exclaimed, you see that dummy over there? Slice it into little pieces using one of the elements you learned."

"Isn't that too soon?" IU asked, nervous.

"It is never too soon to learn anything. Now, chop chop! We haven't got much time!"

"What does that mean–"

"Class is going to start in around 30 minutes, IU," Jiyeon said, as if it was an obvious reason.

"Oh, right! It's morning," IU fake-laughed, rubbing the nape of her neck. She glared at the dummy, feeling silly yet powerful. Jiyeon trained IU quickly for the 30 minutes. As IU took a break, she sliced the dummy's head with one last strike.

Slice! The dummy was flamed and soaked. IU smiled proudly as she drank her water.

"Now… Sharif needs a disguise. You know how Pamina can change into a flute? Yeah, well, Sharif needs a disguise. It's entirely up to you."

"Oh, like Percy Jackson? Where his pen is actually a sword?" IU asked excitedly. Jiyeon rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, I guess," she sighed. IU thought about what she would turn the sword into. She tapped her index finger on her chin, her eyeballs rolled up to the ceiling. Suddenly, IU clapped and exclaimed, "I'm disguising Sharif as a badge!" 

In an instant, Sharif shrunk into the size of IU's pinky. It had a sharp pin, so IU easily clipped it onto her shirt. IU smiled brightly, as Jiyeon grinned.

"Okay, now, if you want to call Sharif, you call out it's name. When you want it back to your 'badge' or 'pin' or whatever, just tell Sharif that he needs to be disguised or something. This is really important, IU!" Jiyeon explained, her tone getting darker. IU nodded, scared of Jiyeon's scary tone.

"N-Neh," IU stuttered, as Jiyeon smiled brightly.

"I'll be going," Jiyeon said, turning her wand into a pencil, "Annyeong!"

"Annyeong, Unnie!" IU said cheerfully, as she turned to her class. When she did turn, she swore herself that she saw Wooyoung's hair or face. She blinked, and Wooyoung was gone. I'm pretty sure I saw him, IU thought, putting her index finger on her lips. Nevertheless, she ignored whatever her eyes say and walked away. 

 

A/N: Okay, first of all, if any of you have subscribed to my 'I Fell In Love With My Boyfriend,' I accidentally deleted it T^T You see, I was supposed to go to 'I Fell In Love With My Tutor' to delete a chapter. Instead, I went on 'IFILWMB' by accident and I thought I pressed the 'delete chapter' button, but instead, I clicked on delete story. I was really tired and sleepy, so I wasn't focusing very well. Anyways… Yeah, so it accidentally got deleted. Mianhae my 20 subscribers! T_T Anyways, that was a notice to those who have subscribed for my 'I Fell In Love With My Boyfriend.'