Questions

The Vampire's Rose

Wooyoung woke up, feeling confused and dizzy. His vision was currently blurry at that time, so he closed his eyes. He turned his head to the side, and realized that there was someone else there. He blinked continuously. Suddenly, he screamed.

"AH!!!!" Wooyoung accidentally woke Yoseob up, who was lying on the same bed as Wooyoung. Yoseob yelped and fell off the bed, rubbing his eyes with one hand as the other hand rubbed his ear.

"Aish… YA! Get out of my coffin!" Yoseob shouted angrily. Wooyoung panted quickly, and then screamed once more. Yoseob covered his ear with both hands. He hissed at Wooyoung, getting up.

"YA! Get off–" Yoseob stopped and blinked. He realized that they weren't in a coffin, nor they were in a room that was familiar to them. They still had their clothes on, luckily, but it was pretty burnt. Wooyoung and Yoseob exchanged strange glances, and then gulped.

"AH!!!!" the two shouted loudly, pointing at each other with wide eyes. 

"What is going on?!" IU screeched, running into the room. Yoseob and Wooyoung gasped for air, as IU fiercely turned her eyes into blue. Suddenly, a gush of water drenched the two vampires. They hissed loudly, as IU's eyes began to go back to normal. She angrily crossed her arm, tapping her foot impatiently as if she was waiting for an answer. Yoseob and Wooyoung blinked.

"Why was I on the same bed with him?!" Wooyoung asked, pointing at Yoseob. Yoseob frowned.

"I only have one bed," IU shrugged.

"Next time, put me on the couch!" Yoseob grumbled.

"Hey, I was tired! I only had one couch! I had to put both of you on the same bed so I could rest on the couch!" IU defended, rolling her eyes, "Anyways, lower your voices! Your going to bother the neighbors! Jiyeon is on her way, too."

"Jiyeon?" Wooyoung asked, raising an eyebrow.

"You know, that witch across from Thunder's used-to-be house?" Yoseob reminded.

"Oh! I remember her! Ah, she was nice," Wooyoung smiled day dreamingly. IU glared at Wooyoung. She was clearly jealous.

"And I'm not nice? I could've finished you guys off there," IU scoffed. Wooyoung just shrugged. 

Ding Dong~ went the door bell. IU quickly turned around and ran towards the door. As she disappeared from the room, Yoseob smirked. Wooyoung noticed Yoseob's smirk from the corner of his eyes. Wooyoung turned his head to see Yoseob fading in the shadows.

"Where do you think your going?" Wooyoung asked, raising an eyebrow.

"To visit Jiyeon," Yoseob snickered. Wooyoung stared at Yoseob suspiciously.

"And why do you need to visit her?" Wooyoung questioned.

"For fun. I'm hungry, though. You did quite an impact on me when we were at the other world," Yoseob said. Wooyoung scrunched his eyebrows.

"What? What did I do at the Unicorn World?" Wooyoung asked. Yoseob raised an eyebrow and examined Wooyoung. So he doesn't remember… Yoseob thought. Yoseob smirked even wider.

"Ask IU that. I'll be leaving now," Yoseob smirked. He hid into the shadows, leaving Wooyoung all alone. When Yoseob hides in the shadows, he becomes a shadow. He quickly dashed towards the door. That was his only way of leaving this house.

"Aigoo~ IU! You need to take care of Sharif carefully! What would you do without me?" Jiyeno scolded. Yoseob stopped dashing in the shadows. He paused for a while to eavesdrop on the two friends.

"Mian! But when I visited the Dream World, I did receive Egor and Ellwood," IU said, putting out a guitar keychain. Jiyeon stared at the keychain, dumbfounded.

"So… that's its disguise?" Jiyeon asked, pointing at the rotting keychain. IU gasped, noticing that Sharif (in pin form) was turning red. 

"Ah!" IU yelped, dropping Sharif and Ellwood and Egor. Sharif stopped heating up and cooled down, as Ellwood and Egor stopped rotting. Jiyeon clicked her tongue.

"Ooh, harsh!" Jiyeon laughed, "Sharif was jealous, which was why it started to heat up. Ellwood and Egor were rotting because I pointed at them. Remember, bows and arrows are very sensitive!" IU just nodded slowly, picking up the two weapons in disguise. She put the guitar keychain in her pocket, as she pinned Sharif.

"I guess swords and bows and arrows don't go together?" IU asked, sticking her tongue out shamefully. Jiyeon giggled.

"Ding, ding, ding! Correct! Swords can easily slice and neglect the bows and arrows' attacks," Jiyeon explained. IU smiled and giggled, too. "Ah, IU! If I wasn't here, you would barely survive!" The two cheerful friends laughed, joking about IU's weapons and exchanging stories of what had happened to them and what they discovered. Yoseob hissed silently and smirked. If Jiyeon wasn't there, IU would barely survive? Perfect, Yoseob thought, smiling slyly. He continued to dash out of the house in the shadows and succeeded. He made it outside, and patiently waited outside for Jiyeon. When Jiyeon comes out, it's time for dinner! Yoseob thought evilly, laughing with mischief.


"Where's Yoseob?" IU asked, holding a tray. It carried two bowls of chicken soup and two weird looking and unusual pills. Wooyoung shrugged.

"He left," Wooyoung answered casually, peaking at the soup, "Is the chicken raw? Does it have blood?" IU tossed Wooyoung a disgusted look.

"Ew~ You're disgusting!" IU said, sticking her tongue out. How sick, IU thought. 

"Eh, whatever. That's my taste, Never mind that, I'll just eat it," Wooyoung sighed, taking the tray, "Hey, what happened to me on… you know, our date." Wooyoung slightly blushed, as IU sighed deeply.

"You… Something happened to you," IU said, not knowing where to start. She quickly explained about the dark fog that Wooyoung might've created and his red eyes. Wooyoung dropped his mouth open, thinking, Does it have to do something about my birth?

"So, yeah… that's exactly what happened," IU said, taking a deep breath. Wooyoung's eyes darkened, as he played with his soup. He stirred the soup, and looked down, ashamed.

"Sorry," Wooyoung apologized. His apology was simple, yet meaningful towards IU. She knew that Wooyoung couldn't say anything or do anything. What happened in the past happened in the past. He couldn't change the past, so all he could think of was apologizing to IU, who was having a great time at the Unicorn World.

"I-It's fine!" IU assured, "But do you have a clue why that happened?" Wooyoung thought about that question for a moment and then smirked.

"I'm a very rare kind of va– human. Actually, I'm not sure if you even call this a human, but I look more vampirish and have more vampire traits, I am a human. You see, my dad was actually a special child, and so was my mom. My dad was half human and half vampire, while my mom was half werewolf and half witch. So you can say I'm a quarter-human, quarter-vampire, quarter-werewolf, and quarter-witch," Wooyoung explained, trying to be specific. IU raised an eyebrow. She didn't understand.

"Anyways," Wooyoung continued, "I have an attitude of a human, I have traits of a vampire, I have vicious acts like a werewolf, and I am quite powerful like a wizard."

"Wait, I thought you were a witch," IU interrupted.

"Er, how do you explain… witches are only girls. Wizards are boy magicians. Wizards are very wise and powerful, for your information. So my powers with the fairy and wizard must've combined to something else," Wooyoung said. IU shaped to an 'O' and nodded, listening to Wooyoung. "So, yeah… my powers must've stirred and created a monster out of me. Sorry."

"Wooyoung oppa…" IU started, gripping her fingers on her skirt tighter, "I have an important question to ask."

"Sure, go ahead," Wooyoung said casually, finishing his soup.

"A… Are… Are you a… Are you a vampire?" IU finally asked. Wooyoung dropped his spoon.

"W-W-What? IU, I told you, I'm a special human like you, IU!" Wooyoung defended. Shoot. Did she just figure out that I am a vampire? Wooyoung wondered, I must've said too much while I was explaining about what must've happened earlier yesterday.

"Wooyoung oppa, I know your a vampire, not a human. I just want to know if you'll say the truth," IU said with steady eyes. Her stern eyes locked with Wooyoung. Wooyoung froze and gulped. There was no way to avoid this. "So speak the truth. Are you a vampire, or are you really just a special human?"