Healing Power

The Vampire's Rose

"Why would you do that?!" Jiyeon snapped, angry. IU jumped, not expecting her trainer to be so angry at her after she had finished talking about reading Mr. KV's mind.

"I-I–"

"You know how dangerous that could've been?" Jiyeon sighed deeply, relieving stress. Her voice softened, "IU, Mr. KV has physic powers. He could've trapped you in his mind! That's really dangerous!"

"What happens if he did?" IU asked, growing a bit pale.

"If Mr. KV did do that, there would be many consequences. One, you might've died. He can kill your mind, which can go crazy, which also can lead to suicide. Two, he could've gain control of your mind. Then, you would be forced to give in your powers to him. That includes kissing him. I doubt you even want to kiss him." IU shivered from the thought of giving Mr. KV her powers by kissing him.

"Another problem," Jiyeon continued, "Is that Mr. KV could take your mind away. If that happened, you couldn't think or do anything. When you give in your mind, you give in your soul sometimes, too."

"Gosh," IU whispered, "I never thought that anything like that could happen!" 

"OF COURSE NOT!" Jiyeon shouted, "YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING IN THE MAGICAL WORLD! I'M THE ONE WHO HAS TO TEACH YOU!!" Jiyeon gritted her teeth. IU pouted sadly. Aigoo~ IU you are so dumb! Dumb, dumb, dumb, DUMB! IU thought, scolding herself in her thoughts. Jiyeon sighed deeply once again, as she began to walk away.

"W-Where are you going?" IU stuttered.

"Next class! You better go, too," Jiyeon reminded, taking a turn in the hall. IU gasped, forgetting that she was really at school. She dashed to her class, which was a bit far from where she was. She swiftly took a quick turn and–

"Oof!" IU yelped, about to fall on her bottom. She did, as the other person who she bumped to also fell.

"Aish… YA! Watch where you're going–" the familiar voice paused for a moment, and then burst out into laughter, "IU?" IU widened her eyes, scared. She slowly looked straight into the eyes who spoke to her. The person (vampire) smirked.

"Y-Y-Yoseob…" IU whispered, as Yoseob got up. He looked left and right, all around him. Then, he smiled slyly.

"Perfect! I can finish you off here," he grinned, his vampire fangs already growing. IU widened her eyes, quickly getting up. Her heart was beating faster and faster, and IU placed her hand on her chest. That's when she suddenly recognized her sword pin, Sharif. This time, IU smirked. Yoseob's face quickly looked curious.

"Why are you smiling?" he asked.

"Nothing… Why, can't I smile?" IU questioned. Yoseob frowned.

"Well–"

"I mean, I am seeing my ex-vampire boyfriend again, aren't I?" IU asked, as Yoseob glared at IU. Quickly, IU got into fighting position. She unclipped the pin and raised it high in the air.

"Shar-" Before IU got to finish, her eyes slowly turned softer. She lowered her arm, as Sharif stopped glowing. It grew dim, and IU clipped it back on her chest. She ran up to Yoseob and touched the scar on Yoseob's cheeks. She gasped. A red liquid stained on her fingers. She suddenly looked worried.

"You're bleeding," IU whispered, as Yoseob rolled his eyes to his cheeks.

"Huh? Oh, it's still bleeding? So what?" Yoseob asked carelessly, shoving IU's fingers away. IU stared at the scar, as she touched it again– This time, a bit harder.

"YA!" Yoseob shouted, flinching. His cheeks boiled with pain as the blood began to bleed even faster. "Stop touching it!"

"It hurts, doesn't it?" IU asked, as Yoseob stared at IU. What's into her? Yoseob wondered. Slowly, IU caressed Yoseob's cheeks, and closed her eyes softly. She slowly opened them, her eyes immediately turning pink. Yoseob widened his eyes in shock. Her hand began to glow with a pink aurora around it. Yoseob bit his lips hard. He wanted to scream in pain, but he did not want to show weakness, either. He tightly closed his eyes, holding in the pain that stung his cheeks. Finally, IU closed her eyes softly once again, and opened them. Her eyes returned to normal. Yoseob widened his eyes as IU smiled, removing her hand. Yoseob touched his cheeks. He gasped.

"I-It healed!" Yoseob thought, touching where the scar should've been. IU giggled.

"Of course! I healed it," IU smiled. Yoseob stared at IU suspiciously.

"But why?" Yoseob asked. IU seemed puzzled, thinking hard to answer that questions. Yeah, IU, why did you heal it? I thought you wanted to fight Yoseob! That's just… weird, IU thought, her vision getting blurry. She stumbled a bit, as Wooyoung suddenly caught her. Yoseob widened his eyes. When did Wooyoung come? Yoseob wondered.

"Woah!" Wooyoung exclaimed, as IU shook her head quickly, "What happened?" IU slowly looked up at Wooyoung, their faces nearly inches away again. Wooyoung blushed lightly, as IU looked away, her cheeks heating up.

"N-Nothing," IU said, getting up, "I should go. Bye!" IU ran away from the scene, heading towards class. Yoseob watched IU go, and so did Wooyoung. Finally, Yoseob spoke.

"When did you come?" Yoseob asked, glaring at Wooyoung.

"Um… That's not really important," Wooyoung replied. Yoseob sighed as he glanced back at the direction where IU had ran off too.

"She healed me…" Yoseob whispered, "But why?"

"Mr. KV," Wooyoung said, his eyes narrowing.

"Your father? Why the Vampire King?" Yoseob asked.

"This morning, IU was reading my father's mind. As she was doing so, Mr. KV probably trapped her mind for a second. After class, I stayed and explained what I saw about IU. Then, Mr. KV gave me this," Wooyoung said, opening his fisted hand. The fingers blossomed open, as a sharp sword pin appeared. It shined brightly, as Yoseob raised an eyebrow.

"But I thought IU just had that on her chest a second ago. She said Shar and stopped," Yoseob mumbled.

"Yeah, you're right. But my father replaced it. While IU was busy reading my dad's mind, my dad used his physic powers to teleport a copy with the real sword. Plus, my father gained only a tiny bit of IU's mind, which is why IU healed you," Wooyoung explained shortly, raising the sword, "My father said that this sword is a rare, arrogant sword."

"What's its name, then?" Yoseob questioned. Wooyoung squinted his eyes for a second, as the bright sun beamed on the sword.

"I think IU called this… Sharif," Wooyoung murmured.