The Necklace

The Vampire's Rose

“AHHH!!!” IU screamed. Nicole quickly ran towards IU’s voice, worried sick that something bad had happened to her.

“IU! What--” But then, she widened her eyes when she saw IU’s room. It was a mess. Clothes and books were all over the place, the bed wasn’t made, and IU sat in the middle of the room, sobbing. Nicole blew her bangs and crossed her arm, lying near the door.

“Okay, what did you lose now?” Nicole asked irritatedly. IU looked up at Nicole with watery eyes. She touched her neck, continuing to sob.

“You lost your voice? I just heard you scream through the halls!” Nicole exclaimed, throwing her hands up in the air. IU shook her head sadly, and pointed to her neck again.

“A-Ani, my n-necklace is gone!” IU cried, wiping her tears with her sleeve. 

“Which necklace?” Nicole asked.

“Y-Y-Yoseob’s necklace,” IU mumbled. Nicole groaned and went towards IU, kneeling next to her.

“IU, you don’t need that vampire jerk! He’s nothing to you now!” Nicole said, trying to get some sense into IU. IU shook her head, touching her neck again.

“It was a precious treasure to me! I couldn’t have possibly lose it!” IU protested. She remembered having that necklace when she slept, but in the morning, the necklace had somehow disappeared. Nicole rolled her eyes.

“Okay, how about if I help you then, hm?” Nicole offered. IU nodded, smiling a little.

“Gomawo, unnie,” she thanked, hugging her best friend. Nicole laughed as she helped IU get up.

“Well, let’s start looking!” Nicole said, as she walked out of the room. IU nodded as she began to clean up the room. Once she finished cleaning up, she headed out the door, ready to search for her necklace. However, when she got out and closed the door, someone pushed her against the wall. She widened her eyes, shocked at who it was.

“Y-Y-Y-Yoseob oppa!” she gasped, stuttering her name. To tell you the truth, she was scared of Yoseob. He had almost killed her, and she expected him to try to kill her again. She gulped nervously while Yoseob smirked. 

“Looking for this?” Yoseob asked, holding up the necklace Yoseob had given her. IU gasped and glared at him.

“You stole it from me!” IU exclaimed.

“Correction: I took it back from you,” Yoseob quoted, grinning slyly. IU puffed her cheeks angrily, as she struggled to get out of Yoseob’s grip. Great, I really need to keep my strength up, IU thought, when she failed to escape. Yoseob smirked.

“Aw! That’s so cute! My little girl’s trying to run away from her own boyfriend,” cooed Yoseob, which made IU throw him a disgusting look.

“One, I’m not your girl! Two, you aren’t my boyfriend! And three, move it you creep! Give me back my necklace!” IU shouted.

“It’s our necklace. So half of it is mine,” Yoseob raised the necklace with one of his hand. Suddenly, her snapped the necklace with his two fingers, as the jewels fell on the ground. IU widened her eyes, as Yoseob released her and gave her half of the broken necklace.

“And half of the necklace is yours,” he finished, smirking. IU was raging with anger now. She couldn’t believe her ex-boyfriend would actually do such a thing like this. Especially when it came out of his own money.

“You... you... YOU FREAK!” she yelled, trying to punch Yoseob. Suddenly, someone pulled her arm back, making her stop from punching Yoseob. Angrily, she turned around, ready to punch the person who stopped her. It was no other than Wooyoung, he was narrowing his eyes on her.

“Stop it,” Wooyoung said strictly, yet gently at the same time.

“Oh, what? Now you’re my teacher?” IU scoffed, rolling her eyes. Wooyoung shook his head, but held tighter. IU winced, but she tried to show off her tough side.

“Yoseob, hand over those necklace,” Wooyoung commanded. Yoseob’s mouth dropped open.

“But--”

“Hand it over. Now,” Wooyoung demanded, exclaiming the last word loudly. Yoseob hesitated for a moment, but then gave the broken necklace to Wooyoung. He quickly left, hiding in the shadows. Once Wooyoung sensed that Yoseob as gone, he released IU. IU rubbed her arm, angry that Wooyoung had allowed Yoseob to run away like that.

“What’s your problem? This is my business, okay?” IU snapped. But Wooyoung wasn’t listening. He was too busy fixing IU’s precious necklace. IU stiffened, shocked to see what Wooyoung was doing. When he was finally done fixing the necklace, he handed the necklace gently to IU. IU slowly took the necklace. Why did he help me when I’m angry with him? IU thought awkwardly. Suddenly, Wooyoung turned around, going wherever he had to go.

“Wait!” IU shouted, making him stop. Wooyoung turned around.

“Did you break it?” Wooyoung asked. IU shook her head, as she blushed.

“T-Thank you,” she stuttered shyly. Wooyoung smirked secretly, and then nodded.

“No problem,” Wooyoung replied. When Wooyoung was finally away from IU’s view, Yoseob appeared in the shadows.

“You ruined my plan,” Yoseob growled.

“Correction: You ruined my plan,” Wooyoung mimicked. Yoseob glared at him.

“I could’ve gotten IU’s magical powers and then hand them to you!” Yoseob hissed, his lips. Wooyoung smirked.

“Don’t think I’m blind enough to not see what you’re really up to.

“What do you mean?” Yoseob asked, raising an eyebrow. Wooyoung turned around and narrowed his eyes on Yoseob.

“I mean, I know that you want that blood to yourself. I can see your temptation in your eyes,” Wooyoung snickered, making Yoseob darken his face. It was silent for a moment, but then Wooyoung continued.

“Well, I better go. Don’t want to be late for school! Seriously, the Human World is extremely fascinating!” Wooyoung exclaimed, as he continued to walk down the halls. Yoseob glared at Wooyoung as he walked away. From this day on, we’re enemies. Not friends-- enemies, Yoseob thought bitterly.