Goodbye Nicole

The Vampire's Rose

 

“Nicole~” IU sighed, as she chewed her bottom lips, “What am I supposed to do?” Nicole stood up from the bed, drinking a cup of water.

“It’s not my fault your powers are so... noticeable,” Nicole shrugged, as IU tilted her head.

“What do you mean?” she asked.

“I mean... your powers are stronger than mine! To magical creatures or beings, they can see, smell, or feel your powers,” Nicole explained, lowering her cup, “For vampires, they can smell your powers. According to them, it’s really strong.”

“Wait, you mean there are other creatures that can steal my power?” IU asked, gaping at Nicole.

“Of course! Examples are unicorns, fairies, witches, wizards, dragons--”

Dragons? Unicorns? Fairies? Seriously, Nicole, stop making things up,” IU laughed, feeling a bit nervous.

“I’m serious, IU! Your powers are very important! They make up part of your life! No, actually, they make up a lot of your life! If you lose your powers, you can turn into some other kind of creature, or beings! Or even die!” Nicole exclaimed, as IU hugged her little doll.

“Nicole unnie, you’re scaring me!” IU squeaked, curling herself into a ball.

“I should be scaring you! You need to start hiding your powers so that it wouldn’t be so noticeable,” Nicole frowned.

“I don’t understand. Sure, my ‘so-called powers’ make up my life and they are important, but what do they even do?” IU asked.

“They protect you and help you, duh!” Nicole said as if it was the obvious answer.

“They don’t do anything! My life is in danger, my powers don’t even activate, and I have no idea what they do!” IU exclaimed, feeling a bit frustrated. 

“Whatever... anyways, what did you do yesterday after school? I tried to contact you, but you didn’t pick up,” Nicole asked, changing the subject. IU scrunched her eyebrows, thinking hard. What did I do? I spent some time with Seungri-- Aigoo! Seungri oppa! Aish, how could I forget to apologize to him? IU thought, grabbing her jacket.

“Y-Ya, where are you going?” Nicole asked, following IU.

“Seungri’s house!” IU said, wearing her shoes. Nicole continued to follow, crossing her arms.

“You shouldn’t go! You know Seungri is a vampire,” Nicole pointed out.

“Yeah, but I almost kissed him yesterday,” IU groaned, covering her face with her hands. Nicole widened her eyes.

“Mwoh?! How?” Nicole asked in disbelief.

“I tripped while I was dancing. You know how clumsy I am,” IU replied, rolling her eyes.

“You tripped? Where?” Nicole asked.

“The stage, of course!” IU exclaimed, getting a bit irritated.

“IU... the stage is carpeted and there wasn’t any cords on stage yesterday. You aren’t that clumsy!” Nicole pointed out, as IU stopped. She’s right! IU thought, but then scrunched her eyebrow, But Wooyoung said that I tripped on Seungri and almost kissed him! Whom I supposed to believe?

“But... Wooyoung said--”

“Don’t trust Wooyoung,” Nicole said coldly, “I’m not sure exactly who he is, but he gives me the chill. He’s a very weird... person.”

“Why did you emphasize ‘person’?” IU asked curiously, raising an eyebrow.

“Cause, I don’t know if he even is a person or not. Think about it, IU. Wooyoung has cold hands and could boss almost everyone around. Including vampires. Isn’t that a bit suspicious?” Nicole asked, stating all the facts slowly. IU bit her lower lips. Now she was definitely unsure.

“But I trusted Wooyoung! He saved my life!” IU exclaimed, “Or it could be he has the same power as me, but even stronger! And maybe he knows how to control the powers!” IU grinned ear to ear, as Nicole shook her head.

“Maybe, but--”

“I gotta go and ask Wooyoung for some help! Thanks a lot, Nicole! Bye!” IU waved, running off to Wooyoung’s house.

“Wait! Do you even know where his house is?” Nicole shouted, but then IU was already gone. Nicole shook her head, until someone covered and grabbed her into the shadows. Nicole widened her eyes, until she felt a pair of cold, sharp teeth on her shoulder.

“You talk and think too much. Don’t you think that’s a bad habit? Don’t worry, I’ll take care of that,” a familiar, cold voice hissed as the teeth sunk into Nicole’s shoulder. Nicole screamed, and tried to call for help, but she knew it was useless. Cause when a vampire brings you into the shadow, it’s a whole another dimension. Plus, the only thing left of you is a dead body and a soul roaming around the darkness.