Wooyoung's Report

The Vampire's Rose

IU happily walked to class, frequently touching the pin on her chest. Kya~ I'm so happy today! I passed all of Jiyeon unnie's test and– IU stopped her thoughts when she noticed that something was different in her class. A cold wind blew into the room. 2 students shivered in fear, their faces pale. IU gulped. She was really running out of time. There were 25 students in her class in total, and 3 (including IU) were human. IU's face finally ashen.

Too much vampires, IU thought, I've been spending my time training busily while other humans were getting eaten up and turned to vampires by Mr. KV's orders. IU clenched her fist in regret. The 2 human students stared at her with glee. 

"IU! Sit next to us!" they called, their voices fragile. IU slowly nodded, quickly running up to the two (only) humans. She quickly sat down, looking left and right.

"What happened?" IU whispered in a hushed tone.

"Haven't you realized that this school is freaky? I mean… My best friends almost tried to eat me!" one girl cried.

"Really? My boyfriend almost turned me into something horrible," the other girl whispered in fear.

"What's your name?" IU asked, trying to soothe them.

"Sulli," the girl, who said that her friends were about to eat her, said.

"I'm Suzy. My boyfriend Taecyeon over there. The one who looks really beastly…" Suzy sighed, pointing at a specific guy. He was with Wooyoung that moment. IU stared at Wooyoung. Wooyoung's a vampire, too… I wish he wasn't, IU thought sadly, clenching her heart. (A/N: Suzy and Sulli won't be very important in this story, just like Eunhyuk. I just wanted to inform my readers about this! ^^)

"Do you have any idea of what's going on? Ever since my friends have been turned to something scary, I haven't been in touch with the school lately," Sulli pouted.

"Yeah, me too. What's new?" IU asked, turning to Suzy. Suzy gulped.

"Well, according to what I've been seeing, more students are turning into weird creatures–"

"Weird creatures?" IU questioned, emphasizing the 's.' Suzy nodded.

"Yeah, exactly. More than one creature. Like witches, wizards, werewolves, and vampires!" Suzy shivered, rubbing her arms to warm herself. IU nodded slowly. 

"I know one person that's not human that you can trust," IU said, thinking about Jiyeon.

"Oh, please, that's the last thing I want to do–"

"Trust me, I've been friends with her and she helped me survive," IU said seriously, her eyes growing intense. Sulli easily believed her, while Suzy had some trouble. After a few minutes of convincing Suzy, she finally gave up and agreed. IU explained who the witch was and the witch would probably help them. Sulli was just about to say something when the teacher came in. Expecting that the teacher would be their regular teacher, they were calm. They stiffened quickly when they saw a different teacher coming in. The teacher glanced at the class slowly, locking eyes with IU. IU bit her lips, grabbing tightly onto her pin. The teacher resumed going to the center of the class, where he placed all his binders and notebooks on the teacher's desk.

"Alright… Yes, I am Mr. KV again, if you do not remember or if you were wondering," Mr. KV said with a loud sigh. The vampires hooted, leaving the three, hopeless girls dumbfounded. Mr. KV smirked at IU.

"Anyways, we'll be teaching another vampire lesson. This is called–"

"Shadowing?" IU finished smoothly, reading Mr. KV's mind. Mr. KV stare at IU for a moment.

"How–"

"Dare you read things in my mind?" IU smirked, "Sorry, but I just couldn't help it." Mr. KV glared at IU with hatred. That little rat, Mr. KV thought negatively. IU frowned.

"For your information, I am not a rat," IU replied out loud. Suzy and Sulli stared at each other and then at IU.

"How–"

"Quiet," IU snapped softly, as Sulli clamped . The vampires looked intensely between Mr. KV and IU. Especially Wooyoung. Wooyoung stared at IU with awe. She has GUTS to say things like that to my dad, Wooyoung thought, his eyes technically glued to IU. IU glanced at Wooyoung, as the two stared at each other for a second. IU looked away, a tint of blush appearing on her cheeks. No one noticed. Except for Wooyoung, of course. She looks cute when she blushes, Wooyoung smiled.

"Gr… You're really annoying and–"

"Getting on your nerves? Hmph," IU said cooly, examining her nails, "I'm not surprised."

"Why you–"

"Little rat? Again, sir, I am not a rat. I am a mortal, a human being!" IU laughed. Suddenly, Mr. KV smiled. IU stopped laughing. She did not want to see Mr. KV smiled like that.

"Ah, but darling, you might be human, but you aren't a mortal," Mr. KV smirked. IU glared at Mr. KV.

"What–"

"As long as you have the powers in you, you can live," Mr. KV chuckled, tapping the table with his long, sharp nails.

"So–"

"What if you can?" Mr. KV finished, now gaining control of the chat. IU remained quiet. She'd rather stay quiet instead of continuing to argue back with Mr. KV. It would waste her time. Soon, the bell rang for next class period. IU quickly went out of the room to meet Jiyeon. Wooyoung watched IU, but quickly grabbed her wrist. IU stopped and turned her head to look at Wooyoung's cold hand on her wrist.

"What?" IU snapped. Wooyoung wanted to say something, but nothing came out. 

"I… I…" Wooyoung struggled to get the words out of his throat. IU blew her bangs away from her eyes.

"If you have nothing to say, let me go. I have class," IU said with a glare. Wooyoung was shocked to see how strange and dark IU had gotten. Is it because of Jiyeon's training? Perhaps Sharif? Wooyoung thought curiously, as he quickly let go of IU's wrist. Just as IU was about to leave the room, Wooyoung called out, "Wait!" 

"Hm?" IU asked, her voice getting a bit more softer. Wooyoung bit his lips, and then sighed.

"It's been a long time, IU," he said quietly. The atmosphere suddenly got awkward. IU shifted her feet awkwardly, biting her lower lips softly.

"I-IT's been, Wooyoung oppa," IU whispered, loud enough for Wooyoung to hear. The two nodded, as Wooyoung smiled faintly.

"Let's meet up again, arraso?" Wooyoung asked, crossing his fingers for a yes. IU smiled lightly, her lips pressed tightly. I can't go on a date with a vampire, I can't go on a date with a vampire!

"Neh, Wooyoung oppa," IU agreed, mentally smacking herself for agreeing. Wooyoung grinned as IU left the classroom. It was only Wooyoung and Mr. KV. Mr. KV looked up from his attendance sheet, as his eyes rolled to Wooyoung.

"This better be good," Mr. KV said grumpily. Wooyoung nodded as he quickly explained every detail of what he had seen when IU was training and how her powers were growing stronger and stronger by the second.