Human Potion?!

The Vampire's Rose

"Yo, Wooyoung! How ya' been?" a friendly voice greeted. Wooyoung stiffened, knowing who that voice belonged to. He slowly turned around, his heart bursting with happiness. A slow, crooked smile grew on Wooyoung's face. 

"Hey Thunder! It's been fine… I think," Wooyoung answered, biting his lower lips. Thunder laughed heartily and patted Wooyoung's back.

"Well, nice to see you! How'd ya get here?" Thunder asked.

"Honestly, I don't know," Wooyoung replied, shrugging his shoulder. The two friends chatted a bit, until someone else interrupted them

"HEY!!! It's Prince Wooyoung!" Luna squealed, bowing before Wooyoung. Nicole smacked Luna's head as Jiyeon rolled her eyes. Wooyoung chuckled.

"Um… I'm not exactly prince yet," Wooyoung said, "But I will be soon!"

"Oh really?" Jiyeon said, raising an eyebrow. She walked up to her fortune-telling crystal ball. She hovered over the ball with one hand, while the other stood still on the side of the magical sphere. Jiyeon enchanted a spell, as she closed her eyes. Suddenly, a weird symbol appeared above the magical sphere. The ball began to glow with a golden aurora. Wooyoung leaned against Thunder, whispering, "What's she doing?"

"Er… how do you say this? She's seeing your future," Thunder said. Wooyoung pointed at himself.

"Me? Why me?" Wooyoung asked. Thunder shrugged.

"Probably because you were too confident with your future?" Thunder said, raising his voice in an awkward tone. 

"Wooyoung, touched the ball," Jiyeon said, her hand running above the ball in a circular motion. Wooyoung obeyed, unsure of what was exactly happening. He flinched from the coldness of the magical ball, but continued to press his hand on the freezing sphere. Jiyeon chanted another spell, as the ball began to create a faint image. Wooyoung tried to make the best of what he was seeing in the image, but it was too faint and too blurry. He hesitated and gave up, as Jiyeon scrunched her eyebrows. Her lips began to press onto each other tightly.

"Destiny has spoke to me," Jiyeon announced, her eyes still closed, "You, Wooyoung, will never become the prince or the king of the vampires in the Vampire Realm." Wooyoung froze. 

"Y-Your lying," Wooyoung protested.

"Yeah! Maybe Jiyeon is lying! Wooyoung is perfect to be a king or prince!" Luna exclaimed. Jiyeon sadly shook her head and motioned Wooyoung to move his hand away.

"No, I'm right. Destiny is right. It has said what I just said," Jiyeon defended, telling the truth.

"Jiyeon is right," Nicole said, sighing, "Jiyeon is always right."

"Except for that one time–"

 "That 'one time' didn't count because she was not even doing anything," Nicole interrupted, pointing out a fact. Thunder hesitated, as Wooyoung bit his lips. He clenched his fist angrily, thinking, I'm not fit to be a prince or a king? So what's the point of doing all this? Why don't I just die right now in my 'beast' form?

"However," Jiyeon said, "It is possible for you to become a king or prince, though." Wooyoung looked up, focusing on what Jiyeon had to say.

"How?" Wooyoung asked.

"Simple. It's to kill IU and get her blood," Jiyeon said with a simple, calm shrug. Wooyoung's eyes widened his eyes.

"WHY ON EARTH WOULD I KILL IU!?!?!" Wooyoung shouted angrily, "YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER!!"

"Oh, so you admit that you like her?" Luna teased. Mischievous grins appeared on everyone's but Wooyoung's face. Wooyoung turned deep red– as deep as a rose.

"N–No," Wooyoung stuttered, denying his love.

"Oh wait, never mind. You love her," Thunder smirked. Wooyoung glared at Thunder.

"Ya! I thought you were supposed to help me!" Wooyoung barked.

"That reminds us, why are you here anyways?" Thunder asked, blinking continuously. Oh yeah, I was so caught up about my future, I almost forgot what I was here for, Wooyoung thought. He cleared his throat and stared at Thunder intensely.

"How do I get rid of my 'beast'?" Wooyoung questioned. Thunder smirked.

"It's impossible–"

"No, it's possible," Jiyeon said, "As long as you have IU dead and have her blood. Then your 'beast' will be satisfied." 

"Why does that every problem I have, it's solved with IU being dead?!" Wooyoung groaned.

"It's something called faith and destiny," Luna giggled.

"Faith and destiny, eh?" Wooyoung repeated, "I don't like 'em."

"Guys, stop lying! Actually, Wooyoung, you can tame your 'beast' without the help of IU," Nicole said, stepping up towards Wooyoung. She twirled her index finger in the air upwards, as a small bottle appeared. The bottle floated in the air, as Nicole grabbed it with the other free hand. The bottle stopped floating and Nicole placed her twirling finger down to her side. She handed the liquid bottle towards Wooyoung.

"The only way to get rid of the 'beast' is for you to become human," Nicole explained, "This is what destiny had led to you. By drinking the potion, you will permanently turn into a human forever. Your 'beast' will disappear, but so will your pride as a vampire and your chance of being a vampire prince or king. However, if you don't drink this potion, you still have your 'beast', you keep your pride as a vampire, and your chance of being a vampire prince or king is more likely."

"Fine, I take no potion," Wooyoung said, pushing the bottle away. Nicole narrowed her eyes.

"However," Nicole continued, "By continuing to be a vampire, IU will disappear from your world forever. She will be dead because your 'beast' will go out of control and kill IU. If you become human, though, you can be with IU forever and ever, but your vampire life disappears with your 'beast.'" Wooyoung's jaws dropped opened.

"B-But that's unfair!" Wooyoung protested.

"Nobody said that this would be fair or easy. Now, what will you choose, Wooyoung? Human potion, or no human potion?"