Awkwardness

The Vampire's Rose

 

“IU!” Luna’s cheerful and friendly voice called as IU turned around. She smiled brightly back at Luna. Luna is a female vampire, IU thought, So she can’t do anything to female beings. So that means she can be my friend!

“Annyeong, Luna!” IU created as Luna caught up with IU. She smiled at IU for a while. Then, she took a deep breath and sighed. IU raised an eyebrow, examining Luna.

“You haven’t ate at all, have you?” IU asked. Luna nodded sadly.

“Ever since I came here, I can’t stand to eat humans, even though they are delicious,” Luna giggled.

“Why? I mean, all the vampires are eating humans and other creatures,” IU pointed out as they arrived at the gates. Before Luna could answer, the two heard someone call IU’s name.

“IU~~~~~~” Wooyoung shouted, waving his hands in the air clearly for everyone to notice. IU flushed in embarrassment as she ran towards Wooyoung and quickly grabbed his wrist, forcing his arms to go down.

“Ya! You didn’t need to do all that waving and shouting,” IU mumbled to herself, glaring at Wooyoung. Wooyoung just smirked until he saw Luna. He forced out a smile as Luna rolled her eyes. She gave her the ‘I-know-your-faking-it-so-stop-smiling-at-me-like-that.” Wooyoung just nodded as he turned back to IU.

“Let’s go!” Wooyoung said cheerfully, locking arms with IU.

“Y-Ya!” IU stuttered as she was dragged by Wooyoung. IU looked back at Luna, who faintly smile to IU, mouthing, “I’ll be fine.” IU smiled weakly and nodded as she walked with Wooyoung inside the school, locking arms with him.

“Hey, IU, did you get that math problem the other day? I was so clueless!” Wooyoung said, trying to come up with a subject to talk about. IU raised an eyebrow.

“What math problem? We had no math homework, did we?” IU asked, walking slower than before. Wooyoung mentally slapped himself. Oh yeah! Wow, Wooyoung, how idiotic of you to think about math when there wasn’t any math homework, Wooyoung thought as he fake-laughed.

“Oops! I meant, well, you see, um...” An awkward silence filled the air. IU bit her lips, looking away from Wooyoung. Great! Now things are weirder, Wooyoung thought. Omo, should I speak? I don’t feel very comfortable now, IU thought.

“Hey, um, so... I have question,” IU started.

“What?” Wooyoung asked, as the awkwardness disappeared.

“Um...” IU stopped, thinking about the question. She pretended to try to remember the question. “You know, I forgot. I’ll get to you next time.”

“Oh, um, okay,” Wooyoung thought, putting his hand in his pocket. Just then, he felt something round in his pocket. He widened his eyes as he took the round object out. It was the pearls. He dug into his jacket pocket this time, and found the small bottle filled with blood. He gulped quietly to himself.

“That’s right, I forgot to feed you this,” Wooyoung said, handing IU the pearls. IU widened her eyes as she slowly took the pearls. 

“I think I’m fine, Wooyoung oppa,” IU smiled. Wooyoung shook his head.

“No, you’re going to need this. It’ll help you later in the future, anyways,” Wooyoung protested, handing IU the bottle full of blood. IU widened her eyes and gulped slowly.

“Um, no, Wooyoung oppa, I really think I’m fine!” IU exclaimed, trying to avoid drinking the blood.

“It’s not blood. I replaced it with fruit punch,” Wooyoung lied. IU sighed in defeat as she ate the pearl and drank the blood. She swallowed the pearl and the blood at the same time as IU handed the empty bottle back to Wooyoung. She wiped the red stain on her sleeve.

“Gomawo, Wooyoung oppa,” IU mumbled, her lips, “But that fruit punch does taste a bit weird...”

“Don’t worry, the taste would be gone soon,” Wooyoung assured, smiling brightly.

“Hey guys!” a familiar voice exclaimed. The two turned around, and saw....