Happily Ever After

The Vampire's Rose

"Woo?" Yoseob said, knocking on the door. He just found the room that IU was staying in at the hospital. He skimmed across the room and found Wooyoung lying on IU's thigh, while IU was as pale as a peach. Yoseob sighed, as he walked closer. He stared at IU for a moment, and then back at Wooyoung.

How lucky, Yoseob thought, How lucky he is for someone like IU to love him so much. I wonder if he knows how lucky he is. IU is a one-of-a-kind girl you can never find unless you're lucky. He's even luckier for IU to sacrifice half her life to him when he was supposed to die back there. How lucky.

Yoseob jumped in shock a bit when he saw Wooyoung's head moving slowly as his eyes stared to gently open. When Wooyoung saw a blurry image of Yoseob, he sat right up. W-Why did I just see Yoseob's face? I can't be thinking about him, can I? Wooyoung wondered as his vision cleared. He sighed in relief, noticing that he wasn't thinking about Yoseob, but he was seeing him in reality. He rubbed his eyes tiredly as yawned.

"What do you want?" Wooyoung yawned as he stretched his arm high up in the air. Yoseob shook his head.

"Nothing. Just here to see IU and you," Yoseob said, staring at IU. Wooyoung noticed that Yoseob's eyes were different. Instead of those dark, cold eyes, Yoseob's eyes were soft and gently as it glistened like a lake in the sun. He noticed that familiar eye since he saw it himself in the mirror once. He, too, once stared at IU like that. Whenever Wooyoung thought of IU, his eyes would glisten just like IU's eyes would.

"You… love IU, don't you?" Wooyoung asked carefully. Yoseob widened his eyes.

"W-What?" Yoseob stuttered.

"You love IU, right? From the bottom of your heart? I can see it all in your eyes," Wooyoung said with a frown. Yoseob rubbed his eyes with his sleeve

"W-What are you talking about? I… I don't like IU!" Yoseob protested. Something caught Wooyoung's throat when he saw something wet on Yoseob's sleeves. Tears, Wooyoung thought, shocked.

"Dude… Why are you crying?" Wooyoung asked gently, afraid that he would get Yoseob angry. Yoseob clenched a fist and bit his teeth hard.

"It's all because of you," Yoseob muttered, looking at the window when his arms down to his side. Wooyoung was right. Yoseob was crying. This time, instead of Yoseob's eyes glistening in awe, it shimmered with tears.

"Me? What did I do?" Wooyoung asked, widening his eyes and pointing at himself.

"If you weren't alive, I might've possible gotten IU's heart," Yoseob mumbled, clear enough for Wooyoung to hear. Wooyoung sighed deeply and looked on the floor.

"You weren't the only one who loved IU," Wooyoung thought, secretly thinking about Thunder, who had battled for IU's heart in a basketball game.

"I know. But… if you weren't alive, IU would've been dead and I wouldn't be in love with her. Thanks," Yoseob said.

"For what? I thought you were angry at me just a second ago," Wooyoung replied. Yoseob faced Wooyoung and took a deep breath.

"Thanks… for letting me know how to love someone," Yoseob thanked, grateful to know that he had learned how to love someone and cherish them. Wooyoung smirked and glanced at IU, who was still unconscious. Suddenly, IU shifted a bit. Yoseob and Wooyoung stared at IU, hoping she would wake up.

"Wooyoung oppa…" IU murmured. Wooyoung leaned closer to IU, who was still sleeping. She was just sleep talking, and the boys knew well enough that she was.

"Yeah, IU?" Wooyoung whispered.

"Is there a way for you and me to be together? Even though I'm a human and you're still a vampire?" IU whispered, panting furiously as if she was having a nightmare. Wooyoung stiffened, as he started to get paler by the minute. 'Is there a way for you and me to be together? Even though I'm a human and you're still a vampire?' That question kept repeating in Wooyoung's head.

Yes, Wooyoung replied mentally, even though nobody would be able to hear him, There is a way for us to be together. But… that's only if I drink the potion.

Yoseob noticed that something was troubling Wooyoung. 

"You okay, Woo?" Yoseob asked cautiously. Wooyoung hesitated for a moment, wondering if he should tell Yoseob what was going on. After a few minute, he decided that he would tell Yoseob about the potion. 

Soon, when Wooyoung finished his story and showed evidence that it was real by showing that potion to Yoseob, he took a deep breath. Yoseob thought about the story, then the potion, and then IU. IU was panting even harder, as Yoseob was scared that she would die soon or something.

"Wooyoung… If you turn into a human, you could give IU's powers back, and she'll live," Yoseob pointed out, as Wooyoung nodded.

"I know… But I'm soon to be crowned as prince! What happens then?" 

"Let me take over," Yoseob said, pointing at himself, "I'd rather give you to IU instead of forcing IU to love me or letting her die because of you. Drink the potion." Wooyoung widened his eyes.

"But you know nothing about the royal court and–"

"Oh, who cares about the rules? I'll make new rules that would make the Vampire World a better place. I promise, and I'm keeping that promise as long as IU lives. This promise is for her. And don't think that I'm doing this for you, I'm doing this for IU's sake," Yoseob said, thinking about IU. He lightly blushed at the thought of IU, as Wooyoung chuckled.

"Sure, go ahead," Wooyoung said, clearing his throat. He grabbed Yoseob's top head lightly, as Yoseob kneeled on the ground. 

"From now on, I, the almost-to-be-crowned-king-of-the-vampires, will give my duties, the Vampire World's faith, and the Vampire blessing to yours truly, Yang Yoseob. Yang Yoseob, you are now going to be the King of Vampires. Will you promise to guide your fellow specie to a better world?" Wooyoung recited. Yoseob bowed even lower, as he nodded.

"Yes, yes I do," Yoseob replied.

"Then from now on, Yoseob is crowned as the King of Vampire!" Wooyoung announced. Silence filled the room after Wooyoung's announcement echoed across the room. Yoseob waited for a few minutes, and then got back on his feet.

"Is that it?" Yoseob asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, I guess so. Nothing special. I just announce you as the King of Vampires, and then the message eventually spreads throughout my echo," Wooyoung explained. Yoseob was truly disappointed since he expected something more big and amazing.

"Well, alright. Um… so are you going to drink it?" Yoseob asked, pointing to the potion. Wooyoung took a deep breath.

"I suppose," Wooyoung said, opening the cap. Wooyoung closed his eyes tightly, as the bottle met his lips. Here goes nothing. This is for you, IU, Wooyoung thought. With that, he gulped the juice quickly before he wanted to back out.


"Ugh…" IU groaned. As she opened her eyes, she found Wooyoung lying his head on her leg. She rubbed her tired, blurry eyes as they began to clear up. She smiled lightly as she touched Wooyoung's cheeks. She gasped. They were surprisingly warm, even though they were supposed to be as cold as snow. His color was more darker than before, and he looked somewhat cuter. What am I thinking? What's wrong with Wooyoung oppa? IU wondered, shaking Wooyoung up.

"Wooyoung oppa… Oppa, wake up," IU whispered, nudging Wooyoung slowly. Wooyoung's eyes began to open slowly, as he noticed that IU had woken up. Oh, IU woke up… Wait, IU woke up.

"IU! YOU WOKE UP!" Wooyoung shouted excitedly, hugging IU tightly. IU gasped, noticing how warm his skin felt. His hug, especially, felt the warmest. 

"Oppa… are you sick? Your skin and everything is so warm," IU pointed out. Wooyoung smiled as he pulled back from the hug. He opened his mouth widely, letting IU see his teeth. Teeth… no fangs… at all, IU thought. She widened her eyes, shocked.

"WOOYOUNG OPPA! YOU'RE A HUMAN NOW!!" IU screeched. Wooyoung nodded happily and pulled IU into a deep hug.

"If I continued being a vampire, you would die. Don't sacrifice your powers to me when I'm going to die next time, arraso? You'll make me worried when I go to the Dream World," Wooyoung whispered, inhaling IU's hair scent. IU blushed deeply as she awkwardly wrapped her arms around Wooyoung.

"N-Neh…" she said shyly. I can't believe it. Wooyoung is a human now. I'm a human. We're… both humans. EEK! He went through this all for me, and I didn't even ask him to turn int o a human. I'm… so happy, IU thought.

"Doesn't this mean that…" IU stopped as Wooyoung pulled her into a sweet, warm kiss. Everything felt so warm at that moment, all of IU's thoughts melted away, as her heart melted into a pool of love.

Wooyoung, too, felt this way. He never knew that being a human can be so… relaxing in some way. He didn't feel what he used to feel when he was a vampire. He loved the feeling of being a human, especially loving the thought that IU was safe in his arms.

Rose petals fell down out of nowhere, but the two ignored it. It just made the scene even more lovelier and warmer than it was supposed to be. What they didn't know was that the rose petals were falling from the sky, as they were showered by the friends in the Dream World.

Wooyoung slowly pulled back, chuckling when he saw IU's hot, red cheeks.

"Yes, this means that we can be together," Wooyoung whispered, pulling her into another deep kiss, "Forever and ever…"

 

A/N: Yeah… So as you can see, this story is complete! I'm sorry for not giving a notice that this story would be ending soon. I didn't know myself how soon it would be ending! :P I had really fun writing this story, since it was all about vampires, supernatural powers, etc. :D At first, I thought that I shouldn't continue this story in the middle since I felt like the readers would be confused as I continued to write this. However, I was encouraged by your comments and all those who subscribed to my story! XD Thank you so much for supporting me and reading this fanfic! ^O^