What Yoseob Had Said To Thunder

The Vampire's Rose

 

Thunder was shocked that IU would accept such a dangerous bet. Seriously? She accepted? Thunder wondered. Maybe Yoseob was right. Maybe he was telling the truth about IU and me!

 

Flashback:

“Who’s there?” Thunder shouted for the 10th time. 

“Relax, relax! It’s just me, Yoseob!” Yoseob exclaimed, appearing out of the shadows. Thunder glared at Yoseob.

“What do you want?” Thunder snapped.

“Nothing, nothing! I couldn’t help but...over hear what you guys were talking about. You know, about you crushing on IU,” Yoseob smirked. Thunder turned tomato red.

“W-What are you talking about? I do not love or like IU!” Thunder screeched, his heart thumping faster and faster. Yoseob laughed.

“How funny! I mean... I know that IU-- You know what, never mind,” Yoseob said, turning around, “You’re probably busy--”

“What about IU?” Thunder asked, glaring at Yoseob. Yoseob smirked and turned to face Thunder.

“I know that IU loves you and wants you to steal her power so that she could prove her love for you. I mean, she knows that her blood can only be transferred to the one who she loves, right? Well, at least that’s what I’ve heard from IU and Luna talking at the stadium in the gym,” Yoseob said innocently. Thunder raised an eyebrow.

“Seriously?” Thunder asked, grinning. Yoseob nodded. Thunder covered his mouth, unsure of what to say. She loves me! Thunder thought, IU loves me! Gosh, why am I smiling? Why am I so happy? Why is my heart beating so hard and fast? “I got to tell her that I love her, too!”

“No, you can’t do that!” Yoseob exclaimed, “She’ll just deny it. Like I said, the only way for her to really confess her love to you is for you to make a bet.

“What kind of bet?”

“A bet for your life and her blood and power. That way, she’ll think your strong and brave. Besides, we’re talking about sports! You can use your speedy powers! You’ll win!” Yoseob smiled. Thunder grinned as he ran towards to gym.

“Thanks, Seob! I wonder why you were kicked out of the team. I mean, you’re so sneaky and smart!” Thunder said. Yoseob shrugged.

“Well, make sure she doesn’t notice that I told you, okay?” Yoseob warned. Thunder nodded and used his fast powers to meet IU in less than a second. IU, here I come! Thunder thought joyfully.

Flashback ended.

 

“Ha! You’ll know I’ll win,” Thunder smirked, snapping his fingers. Strangely, a basketball started to roll towards him. Humans screamed since they had never seen such a thing. IU, however, kept calm. Wooyoung watched from the side, trying to make eye contact with her. Please be okay, Wooyoung said, crossing his fingers.

“You have too much pride in yourself. That’s gonna be your weakness. You know that, right?” IU smirked back, crossing her arms. She jumped a bit when she saw the farthest corner of the gym. There were red, glowing eyes and a sly smile. Yoseob, IU thought, glaring at the figure. She focused back on Thunder, who dribbled the ball.

“In your dreams!” IU scoffed, rolling her eyes. Mr. KV blew a loud whistle with his two fingers and the game began.

“How about whoever gets 5 points? No, actually, let’s change that. I’ll get 10 points while you get 3 points, arraso?” Thunder suggested. IU nodded in agreement, as she steadily watched Thunder dribble frequently.

Suddenly, a gush of wind blew her hair. IU gasped and turned around. Before she knew it, the whistle blew loudly once more. Thunder had scored in less than a couple of seconds. IU began to feel butterflies in her stomach. He’s super fast! Ugh... why did I ever agree to this bet? IU wondered sickly.