Learning Your Powers (Part 2/3)

The Vampire's Rose

IU bit her lips awkwardly. She was only about 30 feet away from Wooyoung. Plus, he was alone! Alone! I could ask him! IU thought, Nobody is there to disturb me! Just ask him how to get to the Fairy Realm and that's it! What's so hard about that?

Really hard. IU sighed, turning around. She wanted to ask someone else, but nobody would answer her anyways. She wanted to ask Jiyeon, but she already left. She wanted to knock herself out so she could go to the Dream World, but it seemed like the Dream World wasn't responding to her. It seemed like they wanted IU to talk to Wooyoung. IU sighed. She checked her watch. 3:40 P.M.

Great, she thought, And I have to be at the Fairy Realm by 4:00 P.M. How nice. IU stared at Wooyoung, who had just closed his locker. He caught IU's eyes and lightly waved. IU waved awkwardly. Wooyoung turned his back on IU, as he headed towards the exit.

NO NO NO! RUN IU! GO GET HIM! DON'T LET HIM LEAVE THE SCHOOL YET! IU thought frantically. But her feet stood still. It wouldn't move. There was almost no one in the hall. Well, except for her and Wooyoung. But soon, she would be alone if Wooyoung left. Amazingly, IU felt her eyes changing.

Jiyeon warned me about this! I wonder what color, IU wondered, opening her little mirror she carried. She gasped. They were purple. Purple? What's purple? 

The next thing she knew, she was right in front of Wooyoung. Wooyoung jumped, clenching his heart. He was shocked to see IU right in front of him. He turned around, and then back at IU. That was impossible. IU couldn't have just teleported in front of him. Or did she…

"Did you teleport?" he asked, but paused for a second. She had purple eyes that moment. IU blinked, as the purple color faded away from her eyes. She teleported and her eyes were purple… strange, Wooyoung thought.

"Omo… what color was my eyes?" IU asked, nervous.

"Um… Purple?" Wooyoung shrugged, unsure of what to say. Purple. Teleport. Remember that, IU, IU thought, making a mental note. She took a deep breath and exhaled slowly. She stared directly at Wooyoung's eyes.

"Do you know how to go to the Fairy Realm?" IU asked.

"The Fairy Realm? Of course!" Wooyoung laughed, but then quickly stopped as he looked at her suspiciously, "Why?"

"Um… Jiyeon unnie," IU mumbled, looking away.

"Jiyeon? That goth witch?" Wooyoung asked, trying to remember who Jiyeon was.

"She's not goth, but she is a witch!" IU snapped, frowning at Wooyoung.

"Eh, whatever. The Fairy Realm? Hm… It's kind of complicated. Actually, going to another dimension is always complicated. Alright, hold your hands out like this. No, straighter. Yeah, okay. Now, focus on your powers. Exactly like that. Now, think of the Fairy Realm. Tell your power and your mind that you want to enter the Fairy Realm. Think of anything else, you'll be transported somewhere else. Perfect! Now, a portal should come out– IU, you're eyes are purple! Wait, IU!" Wooyoung gasped, when he realized that IU had disappeared. Where did she go? Wooyoung wondered. Feeling worried, he created a portal to the Fairy Realm for himself as he slipped in it, planning to find if IU was safe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ugh…" IU moaned in pain, her head feeling heavy and dizzy. She heard someone sigh in relief. IU blinked for a moment, slowly sitting up.

"I'm so glad you're awake!" Jiyeon exclaimed. IU stared at Jiyeon.

"What happened?" IU asked, grabbing onto her head. 

"You teleported! When you arrived here, your eyes were purple. Gosh, I was super worried! Controlling physic powers takes a long time. They are especially hard because you have to use your brain. But it's a very powerful and useful power that you will need to learn. It's a good thing we're in the Fairy Realm. They're already making a cure that will make you feel less dizzier," Jiyeon explained, noticing that two little fairies flew into the room. They were carrying a medium sized bowl (human size), fluttering their wings rapidly to hold the heavy bowl.

"H-Here you go!" one exclaimed, dropping the bowl on the nearby desk. 

"Thank you," IU giggled, stirring the bowl a little. Then, she scooped it with the wooden, clean spoon, eating the mushed up medicine. "It's a bit bitter… But my head is definitely much better! Gomawo!" The fairies smiled brightly, their wings shining with pride.

"Anyways, today, we're training hard. You're going to learn from each element fairy how to use your powers. For an example, if you are learning from a lightning fairy, they will teach you how to use your lightning powers. Another example would be–"

"If I am learning from an earth fairy, they will teach me how to use my earth powers?" IU finished. Jiyeon smiled faintly.

"Exactly," she said. After IU finished her medicine, she got up and visited each element fairy, who helped her learn and control her own powers. It took a while, but then she was a quick learner. Fairies praised her for being a very talented learner, Jiyeon scolded her for fooling around, and IU had fun hanging out with the fairies. No one noticed another person hiding, watching what they were doing with IU.

"So… You're learning how to use your powers, eh? I might have to do a little more spying on you," Wooyoung said quietly to himself.