Sleeping, Not Dying

The Vampire's Rose

"Nobody said that this would be fair or easy. Now, what will you choose, Wooyoung? Human potion, or no human potion?" Nicole asked, still holding the small bottle. Wooyoung hesitated for a second. Should I really take the potion? But if I do, I won't be able to carry out my father's title! Someone else will replace it, and I will be forgotten! But if I don't drink the potion, IU will die, and it'll be all because me! Aish, why is life so hard? Wooyoung thought irritatedly, looking down on the floor. Thunder leaned against Wooyoung's side and placed an arm on Wooyoung's shoulder.

"You know… If you do drink the potion, you can be with IU forever and ever," Thunder teased, saying his words carefully and slowly with a hint of saying, "Take the bottle." Wooyoung rolled his eyes.

"I think I know that already," Wooyoung groaned. Wooyoung thought carefully for the next 5 minutes, and then came up with an answer. He took a deep breath and opened his palm as he extended his hand towards Nicole.

"I… I don't know what I'm going to choose. Let me think about it for a while, but give me the bottle just in case," Wooyoung said politely, as Nicole gave a tight smile.

"Oh, I see," Nicole said disappointedly, handing the bottle away.

"He won't take it! He'll probably just smash it on the ground and forget about it!" Luna said with a groan. Wooyoung glared at his old assistant.

"Hey!" Wooyoung snapped, "I said I'll think about it!"

"Sure, sure. Now you have two paths, Wooyoung. Choose one, and may you choose wisely," Jiyeon said with a scary, cold tone. Thunder leaned closer to Wooyoung ear to whisper something.

"She's just grumpy 'cause you didn't take the potion and just drank it. It's okay, buddy," Thunder whispered, "But seriously, choose wisely." 

"Destiny have given you many chances to be with IU, yet you didn't take it since you were so blind with your quest. May your blindness be cured," Thunder said calmly, as he stepped away from Wooyoung.

"May IU be the light to your path, and may you take care of her with care and tender," Nicole said with a wise tone.

"You guys want me to drink the potions, right? That's why your talking about IU?" Wooyoung asked gloomily.

"YES!" Luna exclaimed, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world, "Of course we want you to take it, Wooyoung! IU is waiting for you! You guys are MEANT to be with each other!"

"Yeah, yeah, I'll think about it," Wooyoung said, waving his hand. 

"Oh, your 'beast' is calling you… You have to go, Wooyoung. Good luck, and have fun!" Jiyeon said, waving her hand. The rest of the members waved as a dark, gray fog surrounded Wooyoung. Wooyoung stood still, as another figure appeared in front his eyes. The room was dark again. The mist turned to a human-like figure. Suddenly, red eyes flared up and stared at Wooyoung.

"Wooyoung…" a creepy voice whispered, "Switch with me."

"W-Who are you?" Wooyoung stuttered.

"I can't believe you forget me every single time we meet. Never mind that, switch!" the figure whispered harshly.

"Why?" Wooyoung asked, raising an eyebrow.

"SWITCH!" the voice hissed, as a bright light flashed right in front of Wooyoung's eyes. Wooyoung yelped as he closed his eyes tightly, covering his eyes with his hands.

"N-No! I don't even know who you are and the reason!" Wooyoung exclaimed, fighting back with the mysterious, misty figure for the first time. The figure roared loudly, and Wooyoung recognized the roar. My 'beast'… Wooyoung thought, slowly looking up. 


"Wooyoung, snap out of it!" IU cried loudly. The monster Wooyoung roared loudly, as his eyes flared with different colors: brown, red, brown, red… Brown. His eyes stopped at brown. Wooyoung groaned, as he slowly tried to get up.

"Where am I?" Wooyoung asked, dizzy with his eyes still closed. IU gasped as a tear trickled down her cheek. Quickly, she gave Wooyoung a tight hug and threw him a relieving smile. Wooyoung was shocked, as he turned a bit pink.

"Thank goodness you got your senses back! I thought I was going to die!" IU cried, bursting into tears. Wooyoung slowly opened his eyes, as he saw that the place was empty. He widened his eyes especially when he saw his father on the ground.

"Why…" 

"You killed him," IU whispered, hugging Wooyoung tighter, "When you were somewhere else and someone else took over your body, that someone else killed him. Mr. KV… he tried his best to help you. You were going wild, you almost killed Yoseob, and I didn't know what to do when you were about to kill me." More tears trickled down her cheeks just like a river running down a hill. Wooyoung gulped as he found Yoseob on the ground with bruises, scratches, and a small blood of bool surrounding him.

"Where is everyone else?" Wooyoung asked, afraid that he might've killed the others.

"They evacuated the place since you were so powerful. Where were you? What happened?" IU mumbled, digging her head in Wooyoung's chest. Wooyoung stood quiet, as he felt getting weaker by the minute. Suddenly, he stumbled and got back lying down on the ground. IU gasped.

"Wooyoung oppa!" she exclaimed, as Wooyoung stopped breathing. Darn it! I must've used a lot of my power. Aish… Wooyoung thought, scolding himself.

Sure, of course you did, the same creepy voice whispered in Wooyoung's mind, Mostly was because you tried to fight back against my superior power. Face it, your dead as meat. You can never get rid of me. Wooyoung shouted in pain, as he clenched his heart. Suddenly, he couldn't breath or move. He felt weak and fragile, as he panicked. Like a bullet, Wooyoung remembered who that voice exactly belonged to. His 'beast'

"Get out…" Wooyoung whispered weakly, "GAH!!"

"Wooyoung oppa! Breath!" IU panicked.

"GAH!!!" Wooyoung yelled, as his heart immediately stopped beating. IU gasped, as she hugged Wooyoung tightly.

"No… No, no, no! Don't leave me! Stay!" IU pleaded, crying even harder. Wooyoung threw IU a weak smirk, as he used all his strength to poke his head up closer to IU's lips. IU stared at Wooyoung with red, puffy eyes as Wooyoung softened his eyes. Wooyoung's eyes finally closed gently, as IU did the same. Their lips met with each other for the last time, savoring this moment fragilely. Wooyoung pulled back, his eyes slowly opening. IU opened her eyes with care as she stared at Wooyoung, who smiled.

"Im'ma sleep, IU. Im'ma go into a deep sleep. 'Night," Wooyoung whispered, as IU whimpered.

"You can't! You can't die! I… I barely got to be with you! This was, like, our second time kissing and falling in love! You can't leave me, you just can't!" IU cried, bursting into tears once more. Wooyoung wiped her tears with his super pale fingers and smiled.

"Smile. I don't want to sleep with you crying," Wooyoung said gently.

"Stop saying your going to sleep! You aren't going to sleep! You're going to die! If you were going to sleep, you would wake up!" IU shouted, her heart aching with pain. Wooyoung chuckled, as his eyes closed gently.

"No… I'll sleep. I'll sleep deeply. Because if I'm right, I'll come back here one day. Then, we'll be together," Wooyoung mumbled, sighing. With that one last breath, Wooyoung turned as white as snow. IU mourned for Wooyoung, as Yoseob slowly woke up from the sudden burst of tear. Wooyoung fell into a deep sleep.