Your Life, for Your Friends' Lives

The Vampire's Rose

"IU, I think your going a bit… how do you say it? Oh, yes, cuckoo," Wooyoung said, changing the subject, "If I was a vampire, wouldn't I be eating your flesh by now? If I was a vampire, I wouldn't have protected you from the enemy."

"You are the enemy, Wooyoung oppa! Is it that hard to speak the truth?" IU asked, glaring at Wooyoung. Wooyoung sighed. There really isn't a way to avoid this, Wooyoung thought, Or maybe there is a way. Oh, Goddess of the Vampires, please, make there some way to avoid this situation!

Suddenly, right after Wooyoung said that, someone appeared out of the shadows. IU widened her eyes, as Wooyoung gulped. Okay, when I meant to avoid this situation, I didn't mean for him to come back! Wooyoung thought.

Too bad, a female-like voice said gently. Wooyoung knew that it was the goddess. He and the other upper class were able to communicate with the Goddess of Vampires. That was only because he was the prince of the King of Vampires.

"Ugh… where am I? How did I end up back here? Ugh– oh, IU!" Yoseob exclaimed, wiping his bloody mouth with his sleeve. IU widened her eyes, pointing at the body laying in front of Yoseob.

"J-J-J-J-J-Ji–Ji–Ji–Ji–"

"Oh, her? Jiyeon? Out of all your friends I have eaten, Jiyeon was the tastiest! Probably because she had magic in her blood?" Yoseob said, his lips. Jiyeon laid lifelessly on the ground, white as pure snow. IU gulped, as Yoseob glanced at IU. "That reminds me… I wonder how your flesh and blood would taste when I finally catch you."

"Sicko," IU hissed angrily, hot tears filling up her eyes. Yoseob raised an eyebrow.

"Sick…o? Sicko? Me? A sicko? Ha, you got to be kidding me, IU. You chose for your friends to be eaten," Yoseob said, pointing at IU. IU pointed at herself.

"Me? What did I do?" IU asked.

"You wanted your friends to protect you."

"I did not! They wanted to protect me!" 

"You used your friends. They were always in the way. We had to get rid of them first and then attack you," Yoseob accused.

"I-I didn't! They…"

"You needed your friends for protection. You were weak. Just plain weak. You couldn't defend yourself from anything, and always depended on your friends to risk their lives to protect you," Yoseob continued. IU's legs began to tremble, and so were her lips. She couldn't say anything.

"But… they wanted to," IU choked, tears spilling down her cheeks. Guilt stabbed her heart, as she collapsed on the ground. Wooyoung widened his eyes.

"I-IU!" Wooyoung gasped, running to help IU, "Yoseob, what are you doing? She's suffering too much!"

"That's your job, Wooyoung. You were supposed to weaken her! But no, I had to do everything. You slack too much, Wooyoung. You did nothing. Nothing!" Yoseob hissed. Wooyoung took a step back, biting his lower lips. No, I did something. I must've had! Wooyoung thought. At that moment, Yoseob had stumped the two of them. Wooyoung knew that IU could not defend herself at that moment, since she was too weak to fight or argue with Yoseob. So Wooyoung was all alone. Yoseob smirked and turned to IU. 

"IU…how do you feel? How do you feel about your dead friends?" Yoseob asked, examining his sharp nails. IU gulped.

"G-Guilty…" IU whispered.

"IU! Don't say such a thing! They wanted to do that!" Wooyoung exclaimed. Just confessing what IU had in mind, IU was destroying herself from the inside.

"Wae? Why did they do that?" IU asked, turning to Wooyoung.

"Because they loved you–"

"But I didn't protect them! Does that show that I don't love them?" IU snapped. Wooyoung bit his lips.

"I… I–"

"Listen, IU," Yoseob started. IU looked straight into Yoseob's eyes. "I can revive your friends. It's a simple request, really. All you have to do is give me your powers and you, and your friends' life will be returned." IU widened her eyes.

"My friends' life?" IU whispered.

"Exactly," Yoseob smirked. Wooyoung gritted his teeth.

"Yoseob!" Wooyoung snapped.

"This has nothing to concern with you, Wooyoung! It simply has to do with IU's choice!" Yoseob sneered.

"But–"

"IU, choose!" Yoseob interrupted. IU couldn't speak. Luna… Nicole… Jiyeon… Thunder oppa… everyone… They will return! They will revive again! IU thought. Wooyoung gritted his teeth. 

I can't take it anymore, Wooyoung thought, I have to–

"We have a deal!" IU blurted. Wooyoung widened his eyes. Is she an idiot?! Wooyoung thought, as IU shook hands with Yoseob. A golden light appeared above of their hands.

"IU, YOU SELFISH JERK!" Wooyoung shouted, "THAT'S AN IMPOSSIBLE DEAL! YOU CAN NEVER REVIVE A DEAD PERSON!!!" IU widened her eyes.

"But–"

"It's a trick!!!" Wooyoung yelled, grabbing tightly onto his hair, "That golden light above you is a trick! If one side can't be done, you still give in the deal! So since Yoseob's deal can't be done, you have to still…"

"Go with Yoseob oppa," IU mumbled, staring at Yoseob with wide eyes. Yoseob smirked widely and winked.

"Ding, ding, ding! We have ourselves a winner!" Yoseob said, his eyes shining with evil, "Our as I should say, we have ourselves a fool." IU gasped as Yoseob sprinkled something on IU. Slowly she closed her eyes, trying to stay awake. She collapsed, but Yoseob was able to catch her just in time. Sleeping powder! Wooyoung thought.

"We'll see you later, Wooyoung! You know where to meet us," Yoseob said slyly, disappearing into the darkness. Wooyoung blinked for a moment. Suddenly, he screamed as loud as he could, pounding the wall. Once again, his eyes flashed into different colors: Red, normal, red, normal–red.